RE: Admirals Edition Naval Thread (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

Apollo11 -> RE: Admirals Edition Naval Thread (12/7/2007 7:55:25 PM)

Hi all,

Just a quick starting question... [:D]

Was anything done with PTs?

I am asking this because, as evident in many late war WitP AARs, the USN PTs are really "scourge" for IJN DDs and CLs...

Thanks in advance!

Leo "Apollo11"

Terminus -> RE: Admirals Edition Naval Thread (12/7/2007 7:55:49 PM)

At the moment, the situation for the Grand Campaign is unchanged, with regards to the 4 carriers in question.

Mike Solli -> RE: Admirals Edition Naval Thread (12/7/2007 7:56:11 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Whipple

quote:

2. Pretty simply. Every port has a maximum tonnage capacity, and anything beyond that can only anchor there.

SWEETNESS!

Whipple

Does the maximum tonnage capacity increase as the port size is increased?

Terminus -> RE: Admirals Edition Naval Thread (12/7/2007 7:56:38 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Apollo11

Hi all,

Just a quick starting question... [:D]

Was anything done with PTs?

I am asking this because, as evident in many late war WitP AARs, the USN PTs are really "scourge" for IJN DDs and CLs...

Thanks in advance!

Leo "Apollo11"

Work is being done on them...

Brady -> RE: Admirals Edition Naval Thread (12/7/2007 7:57:34 PM)

Kaiten's?

Terminus -> RE: Admirals Edition Naval Thread (12/7/2007 7:58:43 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mike Solli

quote:

ORIGINAL: Whipple

quote:

2. Pretty simply. Every port has a maximum tonnage capacity, and anything beyond that can only anchor there.

SWEETNESS!

Whipple

Does the maximum tonnage capacity increase as the port size is increased?

Capacity is dependent on port size, so yeah...

treespider -> RE: Admirals Edition Naval Thread (12/7/2007 8:01:32 PM)

Was the variable load capacity for units worked out?

IE troops in different modes will occupy differing amounts of cargo space thus requiring greater or less transport capacity depending on mode? 

Terminus -> RE: Admirals Edition Naval Thread (12/7/2007 8:02:38 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: treespider

Was the variable load capacity for units worked out?

IE troops in different modes will occupy differing amounts of cargo space thus requiring greater or less transport capacity depending on mode?

It's being worked on.

Chad Harrison -> RE: Admirals Edition Naval Thread (12/7/2007 8:18:51 PM)

How effective will AK's be in transporting troops now? Will they have a limit to how many troops they can have onboard as opposed to equipment?

In other words, will a large AK only be able to support say 200 people in addition to its crew and the rest of the space can only be taken up by cargo?

pmelheck1 -> RE: Admirals Edition Naval Thread (12/7/2007 8:24:39 PM)

1.  One the one screen shot you show two types of damage.  Will normal damage repair faster or is major damage just an indicator of where the ship must repair.

2.  With engine damage will towing be modeled or is the 1 hex rule still in effect.

3.  Can other ships in a fleet assist a striken capital ship with fire fighting / flood control,  I.E. distroyer pulling alongside a damaged CV.

MineSweeper -> RE: Admirals Edition Naval Thread (12/7/2007 8:26:09 PM)

T, regarding the ship respawns...will there be an option to have the historic respawns, not just an on or off button?

Mike Scholl -> RE: Admirals Edition Naval Thread (12/7/2007 8:34:01 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

quote:

ORIGINAL: 33Vyper

I saw that there will be changes to the supply and fuel system.

I noted refining capacity......question will there be two types of fuel? One for the battlewagons and one for the aircraft? It has always got me that all you need is "fuel 10,000" and you can fly 500 planes for quite some time, however in reality specialized avaiation fuel became a huge problem later in the war.

Just for the record, aircraft don't use Fuel in the stock game, but supplies. The refining capacity is part of the new industry model.

Does this mean that AvGas will no longer ship in Tankers but in Freighters as cargo? Can you expound on this?

Panther Bait -> RE: Admirals Edition Naval Thread (12/7/2007 8:35:34 PM)

Now that a separate engine damage stat is added, will system damage still reduce max speed?  Or will ships no longer have to worry about loosing 1-2 knts of speed when they leave port?

Captain Cruft -> RE: Admirals Edition Naval Thread (12/7/2007 8:48:18 PM)

Will ships still be able to move without fuel? As an adjunct, I don't suppose a concept of a "Towing" TF type has been introduced?

Great stuff BTW [:D]

Bahnsteig -> RE: Admirals Edition Naval Thread (12/7/2007 9:30:41 PM)

Will the japanese attack each ship separate with their torpedos or will all be launched simultaneously so the allied face a "wall" of torpedos which increases the chance hitting something and gives tactical advantage.
Playing "Action Stations!" there was such a possibility of night combat.

Don Bowen -> RE: Admirals Edition Naval Thread (12/7/2007 9:32:08 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chad Harrison

How effective will AK's be in transporting troops now? Will they have a limit to how many troops they can have onboard as opposed to equipment?

In other words, will a large AK only be able to support say 200 people in addition to its crew and the rest of the space can only be taken up by cargo?

If you will look at the ship display in the screen shots: Ship Screen you will notice that there are now four different capacities for a ship (instead on just one). These specify what the ship can carry (although ship type is still important).

Troop capacity is people space: bunks, messing facilities, sanitary facilities. People devices to there.
Cargo capacity is boxes and crates, guns and vehicles. People can "cross load" into cargo space, but at a significant load penalty to represent temporary provision of sleeping, eating, and un-eating facilities.

So, to directly answer your question:
Troop space is the limit for people (with some wiggle room in cargo space)
Cargo space is the limit for equipment and supplies (with some wiggle room in troop space)

Don Bowen -> RE: Admirals Edition Naval Thread (12/7/2007 9:33:27 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: mullk

1.  One the one screen shot you show two types of damage.  Will normal damage repair faster or is major damage just an indicator of where the ship must repair.

2.  With engine damage will towing be modeled or is the 1 hex rule still in effect.

3.  Can other ships in a fleet assist a striken capital ship with fire fighting / flood control,  I.E. distroyer pulling alongside a damaged CV.

#1: Major Damage must be repaired in a shipyard

#2 and #3, no change.

Don Bowen -> RE: Admirals Edition Naval Thread (12/7/2007 9:34:34 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: MineSweeper

T, regarding the ship respawns...will there be an option to have the historic respawns, not just an on or off button?

Not sure I understand this one, but there is only one switch: Respawns Yes, or Respawns No.

Don Bowen -> RE: Admirals Edition Naval Thread (12/7/2007 9:36:35 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mike Scholl

Does this mean that AvGas will no longer ship in Tankers but in Freighters as cargo? Can you expound on this?

AvGas never has been directly represented in WITP, and still is not in AE. Fuel is ship fuel. Fuel for planes and vehicles is merged into supply.

Don Bowen -> RE: Admirals Edition Naval Thread (12/7/2007 9:37:51 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Panther Bait

Now that a separate engine damage stat is added, will system damage still reduce max speed?  Or will ships no longer have to worry about loosing 1-2 knts of speed when they leave port?

Engine damage affects speed. System damage can affect engine damage (and all other damages) as support facilities break down.

Don Bowen -> RE: Admirals Edition Naval Thread (12/7/2007 9:39:11 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Captain Cruft

Will ships still be able to move without fuel? As an adjunct, I don't suppose a concept of a "Towing" TF type has been introduced?

Great stuff BTW [:D]

No change from basic WITP. You would be surprised at how complex it would be.

Brady -> RE: Admirals Edition Naval Thread (12/7/2007 10:08:04 PM)

1)Auxiliary Cruzer's(German,Japanese,Allied)?

2) U-Boat's?

3) Standaradised Japanese merchnts and Tankers built during the mid to late war perioud, largely absent from WiTP, I know more atention has been paid to this in the game, shiip classes exc, but just woundering in this was looked at as well.

MineSweeper -> RE: Admirals Edition Naval Thread (12/7/2007 10:12:50 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Don Bowen

quote:

ORIGINAL: MineSweeper

Not sure I understand this one, but there is only one switch: Respawns Yes, or Respawns No.

What I meant was, historically the US only built 4 replacement (respawn) CVs...
Hornet, Wasp, Lexington, Yorktown. In the game the US can potentially replace many, many more. I would just like to see an historic replacement repawn @ only 4 US CVs can be replaced when sunk. CAs and CLs could be treated the same way.....Just a thought.

Terminus -> RE: Admirals Edition Naval Thread (12/7/2007 10:15:45 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brady

Kaiten's?

Yes.

Terminus -> RE: Admirals Edition Naval Thread (12/7/2007 10:19:04 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brady

1)Auxiliary Cruzer's(German,Japanese,Allied)?

2) U-Boat's?

3) Standaradised Japanese merchnts and Tankers built during the mid to late war perioud, largely absent from WiTP, I know more atention has been paid to this in the game, shiip classes exc, but just woundering in this was looked at as well.

1) Auxiliary Cruisers are in, as a new ship type (like in WPO)

2) U-Boats are not in at the moment; I did the Jap subs, so I'm fairly sure of that...[:D]

3) Plenty of those.

ctangus -> RE: Admirals Edition Naval Thread (12/7/2007 10:27:22 PM)

Could you provide a list of all the new ship types, or is it still too early to reveal that?

Terminus -> RE: Admirals Edition Naval Thread (12/7/2007 10:28:30 PM)

Yeah, that's for later... We can't give away all of the goodies right now...[:D]

JamesM -> RE: Admirals Edition Naval Thread (12/7/2007 10:29:56 PM)

What is meant by "Stand Down to Repair'? Is that related to major repairs?

MineSweeper -> RE: Admirals Edition Naval Thread (12/7/2007 10:30:13 PM)

Any chance that there will be more info on the sunk ship list @ date sunk or maybe what ship sunk it ?

ctangus -> RE: Admirals Edition Naval Thread (12/7/2007 10:32:41 PM)

Ah, bugger... I suppose I can be patient though.

I really should get back to work but this project is too exciting...

Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI