RE: Schwerpunkt Games (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

baloo7777 -> RE: Schwerpunkt Games (1/15/2015 12:02:16 AM)

Played 2 scenarios so far. The system works well with no lockups or CTD's. It feels like I'm playing an old boardgame too! You quickly get used to the interface, although I get little irritated with the scrolling, and I'm not too sure about the AI yet. But the amazing interactive response from Ron, and the fun factor, make me very glad I got WW2e.

marcpennington -> RE: Schwerpunkt Games (1/15/2015 1:31:46 AM)

I've said this earlier in the thread, but bears repeating as it seems like a lot of people are jumping into the system at moment---- the auto-scrolling is hopeless, just disable it and save a lot of woe. Instead, zoom up one level, left click (easy to forget), and zoom down for long moves. Cursor keys for short moves. Also, there is now the control left click feature to move the lowest level map to that hex which helps a lot. And also, again, experiment with turning off cursor assisted moves, which was a huge improvement for me.

As far as the distribution of new scenarios asked about above as well, they are from Drop Box (so save your initial link.) It also appears that each time Ron releases a patch, he re-compiles the initial download file with all the latest scenarios---- which is actually a lot more convenient to download then all the modified/ new scenarios individually.

Templer_12 -> RE: Schwerpunkt Games (1/15/2015 11:19:11 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bamilus
I'll admit the WWIIe manual isn't the best but honestly it was written in a pretty no-nonsense approach...

It must be noted, that the attached tutorial in the game is very short, quick to read, easy to understand, and that, after playing through the tutorial, you can immediately join the game!

The intricacies then you learn during playing the game step by step.

The game is easy to step in, but more demanding than the Panzer General series and clones.

Ostwindflak -> RE: Schwerpunkt Games (1/15/2015 2:28:04 PM)

I watched the video you linked Templer and I was impressed with what I saw. Similar to many of the board games I have. Would almost be like playing one of them via Vassal with someone.

For those of you who have this game, are any of you playing PBEM and if so how is it going?

gwgardner -> RE: Schwerpunkt Games (1/15/2015 4:07:22 PM)

I've played the game PBEM as a playtester. The system works fine, with simple exchange of the save file.

warspite1 -> RE: Schwerpunkt Games (1/15/2015 4:28:04 PM)

A few questions please:

- What is drop box exactly?
- How soon after payment is the game available for downloading?

Thanks

Barthheart -> RE: Schwerpunkt Games (1/15/2015 4:34:18 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

A few questions please:

Thanks

DropBox is a commercial file sharing service. You don't need to have a dropbox. Schwerpunkt will send you a link to theirs so you can download the setup file.

https://www.dropbox.com/

Mr. Dockal works during the day so it can take up to a day to get your download link.

Ostwindflak -> RE: Schwerpunkt Games (1/15/2015 4:49:16 PM)

Just finished reading the entire forum thread for this game over at The Wargamer. I like the support Ron is giving it and is very open to ideas from his community.

warspite1 -> RE: Schwerpunkt Games (1/15/2015 8:27:22 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Barthheart

quote:

A few questions please:

Thanks

DropBox is a commercial file sharing service. You don't need to have a dropbox. Schwerpunkt will send you a link to theirs so you can download the setup file.

https://www.dropbox.com/

Mr. Dockal works during the day so it can take up to a day to get your download link.

warspite1

Thank-you

Templer_12 -> RE: Schwerpunkt Games (1/15/2015 9:32:15 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Barthheart
...Schwerpunkt will send you a link to theirs so you can download the setup file...

You can't mention enough that you have to keep this link!
From this link you download all further modifications and bug fixes to the game!

oldspec4 -> RE: Schwerpunkt Games (1/16/2015 12:46:27 AM)

Good point! I have my link red-flagged to not inadvertently delete. I believe Ron has replaced the link for those that have deleted the original though.

Templer_12 -> What, no music in the game (1/16/2015 12:43:12 PM)

Well, there comes background music with the game.

If you need more you can easily collect music on YouTube and draw up playlists.
These can then be run during the game in the background.

For this I assembled historical songs (in historic scratchy sound quality) of the Wehrmacht.

Also nice for playlists, collect historic Wochenshow newsreels and then run them in the background.

warspite1 -> RE: What, no music in the game (1/16/2015 6:17:52 PM)

That's irritating - my computer won't let me download the game [:@]....

oldspec4 -> RE: What, no music in the game (1/16/2015 6:52:44 PM)

Can't download because of anti-virus program? IIRC, I had to give permission to Norton Internet Security to download and trust the site.

warspite1 -> RE: Schwerpunkt Games (1/16/2015 7:03:30 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: oldspec4

Can't download because of anti-virus program? IIRC, I had to give permission to Norton Internet Security to download and trust the site.
warspite1

Was that an easy process?

oldspec4 -> RE: Schwerpunkt Games (1/16/2015 7:29:48 PM)

IMO, not hard for Norton..its on one of the pop-ups that either deletes the original file or requires further action to trust the download site.

I have experienced this with a number of download sites over time. But Norton will allow the user to modify the initial denied download. Don't know if this applies to other AV programs.

Templer_12 -> GrogHeads Reviews Schwerpunkt’s WWII in Europe (1/17/2015 7:50:56 PM)

[sm=character0229.gif] And here is the first review:

-> GrogHeads Reviews Schwerpunkt’s WWII in Europe

Ron Dockal's WWIIE - The Chess Art Of War

Templer_12 -> RE: GrogHeads Reviews Schwerpunkt’s WWII in Europe (1/21/2015 4:38:30 PM)

Generals are fighting with WWIIE should straight away browse to the installation directory!
You will find: wwiierefc.pdf

Or deciphered:

[image]http://www.imgbox.de/users/Templer/SI_Games/WWIIE_Reference_Card.jpg[/image]

warspite1 -> RE: Schwerpunkt Games (1/21/2015 4:48:36 PM)

quote:

IMO, not hard for Norton..its on one of the pop-ups that either deletes the original file or requires further action to trust the download site.

I have experienced this with a number of download sites over time. But Norton will allow the user to modify the initial denied download. Don't know if this applies to other AV programs.
Warspite1

Well great customer service from Schwerpunkt. I bought the game but could not download it because of the reasons given above. They gave me a full refund, no questions asked, immediately. Thanks Ron.

oldspec4 -> RE: GrogHeads Reviews Schwerpunkt’s WWII in Europe (1/21/2015 8:41:01 PM)

Never noticed this before...thanks for the reference.

oldspec4 -> RE: Schwerpunkt Games (1/21/2015 8:45:24 PM)

quote:

quote:

Warspite1

Well great customer service from Schwerpunkt. I bought the game but could not download it because of the reasons given above. They gave me a full refund, no questions asked, immediately. Thanks Ron.

Too bad re: the download issue...but good to know that Schwerpunkt (Ron) has been very responsive to customer game questions and issues.

Ostwindflak -> RE: Schwerpunkt Games (3/25/2015 9:34:18 PM)

Its been a minute since any activity on this thread. I was wondering if any of you fine gents that purchased World War II - Europe could tell me how the continued development is going? I am wondering if the patches being released are working well and fixing more issues vs. causing many new ones.

Also how are the new scenarios that have been released?

Gilmer -> RE: Schwerpunkt Games (3/25/2015 11:22:51 PM)

quote:

It should. You just have to figure out how to get it to trust the website. I had my antivirus program delete an exe file on an Ageod game Birth of America 2. Was pretty annoying until I figured out how to make it realize it was an OK file.

marcpennington -> RE: Schwerpunkt Games (3/26/2015 11:47:09 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ostwindflak

Its been a minute since any activity on this thread. I was wondering if any of you fine gents that purchased World War II - Europe could tell me how the continued development is going? I am wondering if the patches being released are working well and fixing more issues vs. causing many new ones.

Also how are the new scenarios that have been released?

The patches in general have been improvements, especially on the interface side. There are some lingering issues with air and naval stuff, but nothing showstopping for the vast majority of scenarios.

There have been 5-6 new scenarios released---- honestly I've barely scratched the content of the initial scenarios, so lost track of what the new ones are---- mostly Stalingrad era stuff I think.

The first long campaign scenario is being worked on--- East fron 1941.

But short answer, the game is a keeper and improving rapidly.

Ostwindflak -> RE: Schwerpunkt Games (3/27/2015 10:35:49 AM)

Thanks for the reply map66. That is encouraging news as I liked what I saw when this thread first came about, but not much has been said about the game since the initial hub bub.

I may buy this in the near future as your response seems favorable to the game.

marcpennington -> RE: Schwerpunkt Games (3/27/2015 5:41:14 PM)

No problem--- and check out the Wargamer forum (in the developers section/ Schewerpunkt) for much more current on-going discussions.

But again, the game comes highly recommended as is. There is already an insane amount of content in the game, with an insane amount more coming soon and being released at a fairly rapid rate. And I've really warmed up the interface after learning stuff like locking in orders and such. It's not intuitive at first just because it's so different from the norm, but one quickly learns to appreciate it.

cohimbra -> RE: Schwerpunkt Games (3/28/2015 7:01:13 AM)

I've purchased the game. At the moment (version 1.0.3) there are these scenarios available for playing (the ones I pointed in red):

[image]http://i.imgur.com/HDevl3v.jpg[/image]

As map66 said, there are some issue with naval ai (worked in next patch, if I understand correctly), but the ground scenarios are ok.

Ostwindflak -> RE: Schwerpunkt Games (3/28/2015 5:07:33 PM)

That is a good amount of scenarios thus far. Thanks for posting that Cohimbra.

governato -> RE: Schwerpunkt Games (3/29/2015 4:01:50 PM)

I like this game and how it has a lot of support from the community as it evolves. The developer is actively taking users' feedback to improve it.

Here is a link to a recent AAR: Invasion of Sicily

The current manual in PDF is HERE

demyansk -> RE: Schwerpunkt Games (4/1/2015 12:45:24 PM)

I noticed this thread and I had the Russo German War game when it came out but I think I got rid of it. It never worked well when I first bought it. Now, I am going to check my room to see if I still have the game?

Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI