RE: Empire Total war VS CoG: EE (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition

henri51 -> RE: Empire Total war VS CoG: EE (3/10/2009 1:53:05 PM)

I have had only one crash with ETW in a week of playing full time when I wasn't playing COG, so I think that crashes are only an issue with older systems, video cards, memory issues or perhaps with Vista. I play on two Macs, on Quad 3GHZ Mac Pro and a 24" 3GHz Imac with a 9800 video card on full settings, both with 2 GB of memory. I play on Windows XP Pro under Bootcamp.

There are AI issues with ETW, but IMHO crashes to desktop is not a real issue, at least not for me.I had no problem installing on my 2 computers with Steam, the game is smooth and this computer (at work[:-]) has never had a crash yet...

Henri

hgilmer3 -> RE: Empire Total war VS CoG: EE (3/14/2009 1:48:32 AM)

I have ETW and I have COG.  I don't have COG:EE yet, but I'm sure I'll break down eventually and get it.  Who can resist the Napoleonic Age? [;)] 

Issues with ETW.  Well, I'm not telling anyone not to buy it because I'm having fun.  These issues are minor issues, but anyway.

20 Units each per battle, with reinforcements, but 20 units on the field.  The defender has a huge advantage in that case.  They have to attack and rout all units, usually.  The AI during battle doesn't seem all that great.  The cavalry charges first a lot and gets chewed up because they charge directly into the front of the lines.  Then the infantry usually marches right up and starts firing.  I am unsure if that happened in real life, but they usually get really chewed up, especially after I got the upgrade that has all the 1st line fire reload, and the 2nd is firing as the 1st is reloading.   I love the naval battles.  I haven't really had any trouble with those. 

Anyway, as I said I'll probably but the EE edition.  One reason why TW does so well is they advertise the crap out of the product.  I don't know if Matrix or whoever has advertising dollars but if they did they might help the product immensely.

Edit: Oh and no CTD's or any problems like that on a 2-3 year old system.

Lützow -> RE: Empire Total war VS CoG: EE (3/14/2009 9:03:23 AM)

Despite my animosity toward Steam I purchased Empire. It's a fun game, easy to get in, looks good and gave me neither technical nor performance issues. Flip side is the insufficient AI which can't even transport units over sea. Once I figured out how to beat it, I lost interest. This will hopefully get addressed with later patches, but E:TW in it's current state is a short ride for 50 bucks.

marklv -> RE: Empire Total war VS CoG: EE (3/15/2009 11:51:48 PM)

I bought the new Empires Total War and was very disappointed. It will please the 16 year old kids out there, but it's really not designed for serious wargamer. The battles are unrealistic and confusing, and in the end become clickfests like all these 'visual' wargames do. Artillery seems to disobey orders, shooting everywhere except the target, and cavalry gets murdered every time they attack, even against unprepared infantry. The battles just aren't fun. I preferred the melee battles of TW medieval II.

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI