Patch 1.04c Beta WIA: troubles report (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Age of Muskets] >> Birth of America 2: Wars in America >> Tech Support

JastaV -> Patch 1.04c Beta WIA: troubles report (2/2/2009 6:21:26 PM)

Patch 1.04c Beta WIA
Playing USA Independence War Grandcampaign, "The white of the eyes" scenario.
Player side: British.

Notice: I had chance to play this scenario twice for USA side in the past.
Most recently I played the "Few Acres of Snow" scenario British side with WIA Christmas patch.

I noticed an overall AI improvement as regard all my past game sessions with WIA. Some AI "logic" problems are till present I’ll deal with that in detail later.
I share GShock's opinions reported at the thread:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2018148
We also included some suggestions for future improvements at quoted thread, that I please you to examine.

Now, patch 1.04c Beta problems.....

JastaV -> Cosmetic and minor troubles. (2/2/2009 6:24:01 PM)

Cosmetic and minor troubles.
I'm 16 game turns way from finishing this long campaign.

Have a couple of missing event notification to report:
evt_nam_Winnebago_WinQuartes
evt_nam_Siux_WinQuartes

The picture evidences a duplicate in leader portraits:
[image]http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o172/jastaV/Robland.jpg[/image]
Is it a Robert Land's second self, or may be Robert Land had a twin?[;)]
But joking, very few, minor historical and textual problems to report: so this huge scenario is closed to be perfect![:)]

BRAVI!

JastaV -> Philadelphia affair (2/2/2009 6:29:51 PM)

Philadelphia affair.

Starting from late 1776, so a quite early turn in this very long campaign, I begun launching massive attacks to occupy Philadelphia, the Rebels' Capital.
The first screenshot I reported evidence my, (British side) trouble:
[image]http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o172/jastaV/Phila0.jpg[/image]
My assault to the town was successful: British Victory!
None the less, British forces do not re-new the assault, occupy the town or keep the siege: they unpredictably retire in nearby Princeton region.
Turn after turn and season after season I launched many attacks to Philadelphia always with this negative result: my victorious armies retreat and Philadelphia is always rebel controlled.

[image]http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o172/jastaV/Phil_winter.jpg[/image]
This second example is very disappointing, in so far my victorious army retreated to Princeton region and was caught by harsh winter weather at the begin of next turn, (the one following combat resolution) with all drawbacks you can figure out…… My army suffered casualties having to move in New Your for taking cover!

Now, what's the reason?
Is there a magic shield to protect the rebels' capital?
[:@]
Hope you could find a good explanation, because the thing sounds quite odd, and is wasting my efforts to claim victory and my enjoyment too.

Notice: no such a trouble with any other town or fortress in the game!
In present as in other scenarios played with older patch versions.

May be some rule I ignore?

Have other issues to report later……
Stay tuned!

dunnsa -> RE: Philadelphia affair (2/2/2009 8:14:15 PM)

Please zip and send saved game with at least two previous turns to support@ageod.com

Incluse a brief reference to your post in your email

JastaV -> RE: Philadelphia affair (2/2/2009 10:32:51 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: lodilefty

Please zip and send saved game with at least two previous turns to support@ageod.com

Incluse a brief reference to your post in your email

You know I know the routine lodilefty!
Have to point out, last two times I sent saved turns to support@ageod.com I did not get any reply.......
It was a time when AGEod was very apreciated, at least for courtesy!
..... I'll give it a last chance!

Gray_Lensman -> RE: Philadelphia affair (2/3/2009 8:47:52 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JastaV
Have to point out, last two times I sent saved turns to support@ageod.com I did not get any reply.......

Hmmm, Gamespot..... jastaV/TheBlackViper = double bad review from same poster (you), when one bad review was quite sufficient and tolerable... expecting courtesy... quite ironic. Did you really think nobody would notice or care? AGEod extended all the courtesy it could to you and gave you many more chances than anyone else could reasonably expect.

dunnsa -> RE: Philadelphia affair (2/3/2009 12:32:09 PM)

Still waiting for a file.

JastaV -> RE: Philadelphia affair (2/3/2009 3:32:59 PM)

quote:

Still waiting for a file.

And you'll have to wait some more time!
I discovered just 24 game turns are saved in my WIA installation.
I already pointed out I was very close to scenario end, while troubles I reported were relative to game turns 16-21.
Notice I'm not a WIA beta-tester team member....... so I'm not compelled to save game turns any time I meet a trouble!

Anyway I'm ready to begin a new scenario and try to replicate the problem game saving turns of interest this time.

I ask you a favour: I noticed Patch 1.04c is gone official.
Is there any last minute change going from beta to official version?
Do you recommend I download and install the official patch?

Thanks in advance for replying.

dunnsa -> RE: Philadelphia affair (2/3/2009 3:46:17 PM)

Very minor changes in official patch, but you should ALWAYS install official patch to be sure.

JastaV -> RE: Philadelphia affair (2/3/2009 4:08:58 PM)

quote:

Very minor changes in official patch, but you should ALWAYS install official patch to be sure.

It's okay Thank!

I'll take time to post last remarks from played scenario: I just completed it in the afternoon.
Then I'll go after the Philadelphia bug hunting!

JastaV -> RE: Philadelphia affair (2/3/2009 4:25:35 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gray_Lensman

quote:

ORIGINAL: JastaV

Hmmm, Gamespot..... jastaV/TheBlackViper = double bad review from same poster (you), when one bad review was quite sufficient and tolerable... expecting courtesy... quite ironic. Did you really think nobody would notice or care? AGEod extended all the courtesy it could to you and gave you many more chances than anyone else could reasonably expect.

The only things I got from AGEod were AACW, BOA, NCP, WIA, WW1 in so far I bought them with my money
Yes, indeed I got also a mess of troubles, CTDs, bugs, inability to complete scenarios: all that was for free!

JastaV -> Winter operations (2/3/2009 5:55:02 PM)

Winter operations

I noticed an overall AI improvements especially in the use of small AI parties, (regular and irregular-Indian troops) to raid player rear areas and to storm and conquer un-garrisoned or weakly garrisoned structures.
That's good.[:)]
In the winter season AI activity is reduced: forces caught in the open field move to structures seeking for shelter.

[image]http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o172/jastaV/winter_ok.jpg[/image]
The force besieging Fort Stanwix moved to closer available structure to prevent winter attrition losses at the end of this turn.
It's okay!

Unfortunately AI evidences weaknesses when managing larger forces:
[image]http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o172/jastaV/runningmap.jpg[/image]
The large rebel force, (Orangeburg) spent many winter turns in the open field, running the map. The picture is relative to a march turn: we are at the end of winter season and the AI forces is strongly depleted as a result of heavy winter attrition losses.
Guess this point, the management of larger AI forces is to be reworked and improved or we'll have an AI saving cents but wasting dollars!

BTW, it seems like large AI forces prefer to keep sieges running in winter turns, (may be because of a favourable balance of forces ratio) with the result of being destroyed by attrition casualties: noticed it more than one time.

Have other issues to report later……
Stay tuned!

Blueprint -> RE: Winter operations (2/3/2009 6:07:43 PM)

http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/6059652/Birth-Of-America-II-Wars-In-America-1750-1815/Product.html

http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/5282600/Napoleon-Campaigns/Product.html

http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/6059656/World-War-One/Product.html

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/birthofamericaiiwarsinamerica17501815/player_review.html?id=639749&tag=player-reviews;continue;2

Don' t feed the troll, even when this troll worked some hundred hours to produce a mod for AGEOD Napoleon Campaigns.... By the way, do you know JastaV has deleted the mod file some weeks ago? Troll's courtesy for players indeed.

The troll, after so righful reviews handmade for such a disastrous game like WIA, should play others... Or is it baffled by the lack of better other games? Or is the troll just a fool with an overinflated ego ?

Stay tuned. The troll being always right, the troll will have a definitive reply.

GShock -> RE: Winter operations (2/3/2009 7:41:06 PM)

FYI: JastaV has BOUGHT the game and has the right to write whatever he wants about it, wherever he wants just like all other users. You may slander him, and me of course, find "second reasons" to bug reports but the truth is that bugs are there and JastaV is just pointing them out.

Yet another puny attempt to flame the reporter so that common users don't see the bugs?

Well well...i suggest you to answer with the same tones to the hundreds of users reporting bugs daily on the ageod boards; At least you can use your real nick there. [:)]

Blueprint -> RE: Winter operations (2/3/2009 7:46:41 PM)

for your information, my nick here was taken in 2005, before AGEOD creation. At last, I don't came here because of some problems on Ageod forum. Now your consideration about right of a owner have to be related certainly to the question of intellectual property of the designer, no? You could indeed say much more on this interesting comparizon, if I remember well...[:D]

For Jastav, I really believe life deserves you what you give. That's why I reserve for him this tone. Only for him but he's really unique.Fortunatly.

Now maybe after writing so much he's forced to agree to this:

http://www.si-games.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17047

Blueprint -> RE: Winter operations (2/3/2009 7:57:36 PM)

I took my nick in 2003. Yet more ancient than I believed.

JastaV -> RE: Winter operations (2/3/2009 8:34:08 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: GShock

FYI: JastaV has BOUGHT the game and has the right to write whatever he wants about it, wherever he wants just like all other users. You may slander him, and me of course, find "second reasons" to bug reports but the truth is that bugs are there and JastaV is just pointing them out.

Yet another puny attempt to flame the reporter so that common users don't see the bugs?

Well well...i suggest you to answer with the same tones to the hundreds of users reporting bugs daily on the ageod boards; At least you can use your real nick there. [:)]

I BOUGHTS WIA, NCP, AACW, WW1, BoA out of my money!
I should have the right to play them!
The bugs I'm reporting are best proof Ageod trolling politic of publishing unfinished and unplayable games deny me such a right.

I'm dedicating my efforts to report troubles with hope seeing problems fixed.
That's for free: I'm not an Ageod payed beta-tester.
Lodilefty is cooperative and that's good!
Are my bug reports and suggestions a problem?
I'll be happy to give up with that: I have many best way to spend my time.

As regard my user-reviews......
Someone missed to quote my AACW reviews at Play and Gamespot sites!
Is that because they are very positive?
http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/3432551/American-Civil-War-1861-1865/Product.html

I'll be pleased to update all my reviews, possibly alligning them to AACW standard!
Before that time Ageod has to improve its products to an adequate standard!

Notice, I reviewed other games for that they are worth........IN MY OPINION!
http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/4983241/WWII-Battle-Tanks-T-34-vs-Tiger/Product.html
WWII Battle Tanks: T-34 vs Tiger was a very disapointing game: he was reviewed for that it's worth too!

Blueprint -> RE: Winter operations (2/3/2009 9:00:07 PM)

I got it: a handful of gfx glitches and AI blunders make this game unplayable.... I didn't realized AGEOD games are the only games to have such troubles. I believed AI to be better in AGED than in many other wargames...

Unplayable? Troll's statement, JastaV.Always the same tone too, disrespecteful for others, even Lodilefty, read again this thread, exiging a reply because you bought the game. Oh yes you bought it at Play. com, the site which will never give one buck to AGEOD because it isn't officially AGEOD's reseller. But after all, what are others for you? Nothing. You did a mod and suddenly because tyou disagreed with AGEOD you simply removed your mod. Wonderful. Gracious.

So your bug chasing. At least, be able to report bug convenientlY. As far I know, on AGEOD forum, many are sending files for bugs without any difficulty, and without any insults for the company, even when angry.

JastaV -> RE: Winter operations (2/3/2009 9:09:44 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Blueprint

For Jastav, I really believe life deserves you what you give. That's why I reserve for him this tone. Only for him but he's really unique.Fortunatly.

Don' t feed the troll, even when this troll worked some hundred hours to produce a mod for AGEOD Napoleon Campaigns.... By the way, do you know JastaV has deleted the mod file some weeks ago? Troll's courtesy for players indeed.

The troll, after so righful reviews handmade for such a disastrous game like WIA, should play others... Or is it baffled by the lack of better other games? Or is the troll just a fool with an overinflated ego ?

Stay tuned. The troll being always right, the troll will have a definitive reply.

Sir Blueprint,
You are not in a position to teach me!
Whatever the time I spend after NCP modding and improvements, that all I achived and offered to the community came for free!
You cannot compare 3rd party, freeware, amateur achivements with professional products you pay for!
Then, remember that Pocus, PhilThib and other encouraged my efforts and posted words of apreciation for my results in more than one chance.

It's then true download links have been broken!
You should know the reason having dedicated so many time to difamate, denigrate and offend my person, my efforts, my works.
Indeed, offending is the only thing I remember you can carry on!

Blueprint -> RE: Winter operations (2/3/2009 9:13:35 PM)

It's then true download links have been broken!

By you...Your choice.

But indeed you don't mod for others. You mod to be lauded.You mod to have AGEOD adopt without any hesitation your munificent ideas like the Aces enhancement you proposed for WW1. But if AGEOD dares to say no to your ptoposal, you're immaediatly acting rationally : you rationally write on AGEOD forum you leave definitly the board, you're rationnally publishing in a few days several harsh crtitics of AGEOD games on different sites, you're rationally removing your mod and you're rationally announcing you will point out all the bugs AGEOD games are affected to the point to be unplayable, because , and that's really rational , you suddenly discovered how much unplayable was the game engine you modded during several hundred hours in the last months.

That's rational. Not human. But rational. a sort of troll's rationality

GShock -> RE: Winter operations (2/3/2009 10:14:12 PM)

AI is much better than in other games especially considering how complex and detailed the engine is.
Let's not forget the added value of longevity: u do pay dearly when u buy AgeOD at the beginning but it's a true joy to come back and see that the game is still being developed, community never abandoned, playability renewed. An increased value not everyone understands, still, if they do improve the game it is for the efforts of us all, certainly not yours with 21 posts total, no userid on ageod boards and no bugs submitted here either. [:)]

It is me actually who's asking you: What the hell are you talking about if you are not an AgeOD official or volounteer?

You do seem very well documented and, casually (ironic), stand on the same line of people who's used to deny truth, harass users (and customers i remind you), threaten them, insult them and slander them.
Stand in line then, there's plenty of room for you too...if you think that helps your cause that is. [:'(]

Don't hijack the thread please: Flames don't help debug, reports do.

Blueprint -> RE: Winter operations (2/3/2009 10:43:35 PM)

quote:

It is me actually who's asking you: What the hell are you talking about if you are not an AgeOD official or volounteer?

Stangely I prefer 2 designers creating games I like and I play several hours each day who are leading a small company without much funds and now in a difficult economic trend to a troll who decides to exert reevenge for the reasons mentioned above by systematically trying to propgae the idea AGEOD games to be unplayable, on behalf of the few bucks he gave to a non official reseller.

That's like war: I have to choose my side. I'm evidently wrong. On behalf of customer's rights and free speech I should just comment jastaV for the miraculous help he gives to this company he's just chaging to publish intentionally unplayable games never fully patched.We must evidently keep the balance between the 2 sides.

So Thanks to JastaV to publish harsh reviews of AGEOD games. Thanks to JastaV to systematically explaining how unpatched are Ageod games. Thanks to jastaV to put bluntly rebuke to Lodilefty in this thread. Thanks to JastaV to delete his mod. [&o]

As he said above: ..... "I'll give it a last chance!". Thanks to his generosity

"Have to point out, last two times I sent saved turns to support@ageod.com I did not get any reply....... " Thanks to his patience.

"Notice I'm not a WIA beta-tester team member....... so I'm not compelled to save game turns any time I meet a trouble! "Thanks for remembering us how much Lodilefty is disrecpecteful to him when asling for the turn file to study the bug he mentionned

"Yes, indeed I got also a mess of troubles, CTDs, bugs, inability to complete scenarios: all that was for free!" Thanks to him for one more time signalling how much is broken the game engine he used for modding during several months.

Thanks for insulting. Thanks for being arrogant; thanks for posting on Gamespot 2 negative reviews with different nicknames. Thanks for being unfair.

Thanks.

And GSHOCK, if AGEOD disappears, I'm sure you will be delighted by the patches, mods, or bulletproof game engine JastaV will produce.

KG Erwin -> RE: Winter operations (2/3/2009 10:57:41 PM)

It confuses me as to exactly why the loudest moaners don't bother to post on the Ageod forum. Each time I've had a problem, I get a prompt response.

Be that as it may, the BOA2 team seems to be responsive to identified problems, and is diligent in offering up patches. Contrary to what some of you might prefer to believe, their support is outstanding. Call me a fanboy if you wish, but I hold no regrets in investing in this game, and I trust in the developers to do the right thing.

GShock -> RE: Winter operations (2/3/2009 11:19:02 PM)

LOL User with no record on ageod and 22 posts in here plays the preacher on who's trolling and thinks he knows the story?
Get yourself a calculator if you want to count how many bugs JastaV and I helped identify and document, proposing and testing solutions.
Hilarious. [:D]

Oh well...you surely already knew that. [8|]

Gray_Lensman -> RE: Winter operations (2/4/2009 6:14:54 AM)

quote:

LOL User with no record on ageod and 22 posts in here plays the preacher on who's trolling and thinks he knows the story?
Get yourself a calculator if you want to count how many bugs JastaV and I helped identify and document, proposing and testing solutions.
Hilarious. [:D]

Oh well...you surely already knew that. [8|]

It doesn't really matter how many posts Blueprint has, he speaks the truth in regard to JastaV's antics. Notice this agreement is coming from someone with literally thousands of hours and posts on the AGEod site and quite a few hundred here also.

The problem with both of you, (but much more so Jasta, than you), is you both expect your work to be given top priority and if you don't get a response right away you seem to take a ridiculous offense about it. AGEod has limited resources in regard to programmer/developer time. That's what we, the volunteers, try to make up for. However, there really aren't very many of us that are actually able to completely provide turn-key data changes for the various patches. As volunteers, we choose what we want to work on, trying to give priorities to various bugs that come in, but we are so overloaded that the process gets somewhat backed up. Personally, I don't have a bit of problem with either of you guy's bug reports themselves. But I do have a problem when someone starts disparaging AGEod just because his particular bug report is not automatically placed at the top of the list.

What makes you guys think that your bug reports are any more important than the others we receive? I'll let you in on a little secret. A factual, inclusive, non-embellished bug report from someone who doesn't jump up and down making extraneous disparaging remarks about AGEod or personal chest thumping about how important they are, has a lot more chance of me, Lodilefty, or Generalisimo, looking at it and doing something about it, than one coming from the likes of Jasta with all his overbearing antics, especially now that he's thought to pull his latest cute trick of posting 2 negative reviews under 2 different names for the same product on the same site. That just kinda took things over the top as far as myself even giving him the time of day anymore.

GShock -> RE: Winter operations (2/4/2009 3:42:08 PM)

quote:

The problem with both of you, (but much more so Jasta, than you), is you both expect your work to be given top priority and if you don't get a response right away you seem to take a ridiculous offense about it.

Well i can ensure you that's not what happens with me. The only problem i have, personally, is that i would like development priorities and efforts to shift and manpower to be better organized so you don't have to see bugs still being discovered 7 months after the game's release. Generally speaking no game is bug-free but the segment AgeOD has chosen, and especially, the complexity and detail level of the engine, are a major bug source...nobody's fault but has to be countered properly.

Don't take it wrong Gray, of course i prize the volounteers' jobs, they are invaluable but this development style leaves the flank open to critics coming from grognards who expect everything to be perfect in a few weeks' time.

That the game becomes a real one after a year time is not something that the average user expects or cares for when he opens his wallet and the first days after the release are the most important sales-wise.

This "style" is my only problem with AgeOD and definitely not because i am disappointed, on the contrary, i keep doing whatever i can to help you guys. As i said, it's a pleasure to "come back" after months and see the game is still improved but that's just me, patient, confident, understanding all of what's behind, can't ask that from every user, you know that.

JastaV -> RE: Philadelphia affair (2/4/2009 5:25:04 PM)

quote:

Started a new match with last official patch: same scenario ("The white of your eyes"), same side (British), completely different game!
I played some 24 turns, (two years): it's definitely better than the previous beta patch game. Good AI till now!!!!

only problem: "Amnesty to soldiers for deep south" Option is missing the hint tip: Opt_hint_Dismiss_GBR_Mil_DS.

Notice, I was not able to carry vistorious assault against Philadelphia: so I could not check, save turns and confirm previously reported trouble!
It was impossible to strike Philadelphia because AI is keeping me at bay all around the map: and that is great!

Taking replacements
I noticed, now depleted units can take replacements even when not inside a depot-city region, even quite slowly!
.... with that Indian units are expected to get replacenet at their village too?

To GShock: I strongly recommend you to give last official patch a chance!
Should you go after same scenario, ("The white of your eyes") playing USA side we could double check reporting possible missing event notification and minor bugs!

JastaV -> RE: Philadelphia affair (2/4/2009 6:23:17 PM)

quote:

The problem with both of you, (but much more so Jasta, than you), is you both expect your work to be given top priority and if you don't get a response right away you seem to take a ridiculous offense about it.

Having to wait a year from game release, (NCP is just an example) being till at bay with bugs, then waiting for months without getting new patches is something more than a long waiting.
That's not an offence to me but an offence to marketing logic.
You can figure out many customers will give up with the bugged product within months, just because customers go after new products according to a consumerist behaviour.... At worst they'll mind the bugged game producer as a non trustable company for the future!
Always according to marketing principles, few months old products, (lifetimes are very short in the PC and console game market) are usually sold for a reduced price. Keeping on, selling an old product at full price when retailed sellers are offering it for half the price is non sense... it's a marketing suicide.
Most of time 6-12 months old games are even offered for free, with PC magazines for example: GShock will confirm it as regard Italy, where you can have even 2-3 games buying some PC magazines, sometimes adding just few Euro!
Please do not regard my observations as a critic to Ageod: I'm simply reporting facts behind leading marketing strategies....... I'm not responsible for them: I did not dictated such rules.

quote:

Don't take it wrong Gray, of course i prize the volounteers' jobs, they are invaluable but this development style leaves the flank open to critics coming from grognards who expect everything to be perfect in a few weeks' time.

Any volounteers' jobs?
We had clear evidences of offensive words at Matrixgame as at other sites boards addressed to my volunteer activity!
Gray_Lensman, I have to remember you was moving mud against me few weeks later I jointed Ageod site...... It was the first of many episodes uncensored by Ageod: I could say encouraged by Ageod!
It's pathetic now you and few others are calling for me to respect and estimate my detractors!
We all have feeling the thing overboarded, but the attempts to charge me for all Ageod mistakes is grotesque.
An attempt to definitely close this trolling farse should be more realistic and useful for all people!

dunnsa -> RE: Philadelphia affair (2/4/2009 6:51:09 PM)

jastav
To be clear:

What is your setting for attrition option in main menu? Are the depleted units taking replacements [missing elements being added] or regaining strength ['red elements' improving]?

Too bad about the Philadelphia AI behavior: opportunity lost[:(]
lesson learned: Zip a saved game immediately when you think you see AI misbehavior, then you can keep playing.

We absolutely cannot do any AI improvements based on descriptions or screen shots. Only if saved games are sent to support@ageod.com can the AI team examine exactly which algorithms are causing the behavior. The entire community is part of the improvement effort.

Gray_Lensman -> RE: Winter operations (2/5/2009 10:33:08 AM)

quote:

Well i can ensure you that's not what happens with me. The only problem i have, personally, is that i would like development priorities and efforts to shift and manpower to be better organized so you don't have to see bugs still being discovered 7 months after the game's release. Generally speaking no game is bug-free but the segment AgeOD has chosen, and especially, the complexity and detail level of the engine, are a major bug source...nobody's fault but has to be countered properly.

That the game becomes a real one after a year time is not something that the average user expects or cares for when he opens his wallet and the first days after the release are the most important sales-wise.

This "style" is my only problem with AgeOD and definitely not because i am disappointed, on the contrary, i keep doing whatever i can to help you guys. As i said, it's a pleasure to "come back" after months and see the game is still improved but that's just me, patient, confident, understanding all of what's behind, can't ask that from every user, you know that.

Unfortunately, none of this happens anymore with any PC games, primarily because they are now a niche market and can't support a large company infrastructure like they did 10 years or so ago. Recent Examples: Medieval Total War...Took 6 months for the first patch and almost 2 years before the second patch. Then instead of continuing the patching process for a defective game they offer up another patch in an expansion that you have to pay for. That's one example. Another one, is the recent flop Sid Meier's Civ IV Colonization. It's been out since mid fall and still not a word about a patch or even a hint if one is imminent. In contrast, AGEod continously offers update patches on a much more frequent basis along with actual enhancements (new additions) ported over from later game releases. Show me any other company doing that. AGEod really can't do anything about the "style", because of the limited manpower availability, (you just can't organize manpower that's not available in the first place.) It makes up for it with direct customer responses on a much faster basis than almost any other gaming company out there.

I would venture to say that the great majority of grognards are reasonably satisified with the way AGEod responds to their needs because most of them understand the limitations that all wargaming companies now operate under. It's only a disgruntled few who think that AGEod needs to reorganize it's entire development structure just to suit them.

The limitation to the "style" thing that you point out, is persons actually familiar with all aspects of putting together these turnkey data fixes with the supporting database .xls file changes. There's a lot of posters that are quite willing to point out flaws, but very few capable of actually implementing the changes necessary to fix the flaws in the manner necessary for inclusion in the "official" releases. Remember, just because a fix sounds simple to implement, generally it still has to be beta tested for side issues before it can be adopted. That by itself, takes a lot of extra time, but is absolutely necessary because you don't want to replace one bug with another one. I recently read a post by you where you claimed to have been a beta for many years. If such is the case, a little effort on your part and you could learn to do MODs for yourself instead of just making pronouncements and see for yourself, the necessary work required to see a bug fix all the way thru. This might be quite enlightening to you.

Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI