RE: The Fine Tuned mod (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge >> Mods

Anthropoid -> RE: The Fine Tuned mod (7/22/2009 5:04:29 AM)

Enjoy your modding and rest assured, it will be played with and enjoyed as some point in the future!

JanLeh -> RE: The Fine Tuned mod (7/22/2009 8:34:36 AM)

[&o][&o][&o]

Great modding! Thank You very much. I notice You take our work seriously. Please, keep on that way.

[&o][&o][&o]

Foraven -> RE: The Fine Tuned mod (7/24/2009 5:31:44 AM)

I'm almost done with my new version. I have several new grenades to play with and useful description for them (managed to find a site with useful information about them). I also modded the AI a bit so it is more likely to use nades when there are obstacles in the way. I will test it a bit and send it tommorow morning (it's around midnight here).

Foraven -> RE: The Fine Tuned mod (7/24/2009 3:44:16 PM)

New version up. New grenades are in, and there are a few fixes as well (like some with the AI and it's inventory). Please report bugs so i can fix them. 

Foraven -> RE: The Fine Tuned mod (7/27/2009 12:49:43 PM)

So, any comments on the latest version? 

Rakassan -> RE: The Fine Tuned mod (7/27/2009 2:09:26 PM)

The AI just seems to kneel now and not move. I played the mine map last night (wanted to play more but the AI turns took FOREVER) and pretty much was able to walk up behind all the AI and just shot them. They never stood up or turned around.

Also, I no longer see the little "blue"man" indicating movement sounds.

Again, this is just preliminary as it took forever to even play through one map.

FJagr

Arneanka -> RE: The Fine Tuned mod (7/27/2009 7:15:18 PM)

The same for me ai can move around a bit and shoot at me, but only for a couple of turns then they just kneel down and do nothing. AI turns take for ever aswell.

Foraven -> RE: The Fine Tuned mod (7/27/2009 8:28:49 PM)

I will take a look, seem i messed something...

Foraven -> RE: The Fine Tuned mod (7/28/2009 2:49:36 AM)

Version 1.6b is up. It's essentially fixes to the AI. Please report if ai's still has problems.

Foraven -> RE: The Fine Tuned mod (7/28/2009 6:36:47 PM)

Uploaded v1.6c. It's another set of fixes for the AI. This time it seem to have no slow down and attack aggressively like it should. Have fun.

Edit : I believe i got it right this time, the AI is merciless. I did a few test and got slaughtered each time. Of course, i did it with the scenario testing option on, that mean i faced high level enemies right away. Anyway, i guess this AI will be ok for a while until i devise some way to make it seek/stay in cover.

Foraven -> RE: The Fine Tuned mod (7/29/2009 1:26:15 PM)

So, any comment or bug report?

Arneanka -> RE: The Fine Tuned mod (7/29/2009 6:38:01 PM)

I have only had time to play a little but everything seems to work fine so far :) great work and thank you for making this wonderful mod. I even bought a copy of the game here from matrix just to play with this mod since it didnt work with the steam copy i had.

Anthropoid -> RE: The Fine Tuned mod (8/6/2009 12:04:37 AM)

Hey Foraven! I have been so caught up in playing the Hundred Years War Mod for Mount & Blade, that I have not played Hired Guns for weeks :( But never fear, I WILL eventually finish my game that I had going, and then install your latest version and try it out. I binge on a game for a few weeks, get tired of it, and switch to another, but I eventually go back and retry the ones I really like such as your Fine Tuned Mod! Just a game slut I guess . . . [:D]

Foraven -> RE: The Fine Tuned mod (8/6/2009 5:21:24 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Anthropoid

Hey Foraven! I have been so caught up in playing the Hundred Years War Mod for Mount & Blade, that I have not played Hired Guns for weeks :( But never fear, I WILL eventually finish my game that I had going, and then install your latest version and try it out. I binge on a game for a few weeks, get tired of it, and switch to another, but I eventually go back and retry the ones I really like such as your Fine Tuned Mod! Just a game slut I guess . . . [:D]

Take your time, i will have the time to root all any issues still in the mod [;)]. I haven't been able to do anything with the mod this week though, real life did take all my attention...

tvluther -> RE: The Fine Tuned mod V 1.6c (8/16/2009 6:16:01 AM)

I just installed my game, then the .001 patch, and then your Mod, and as soon as I launch the game it crashes with a pop-up: "some russian gibberish infocentral.dlll (yes, 3 "l"s)

Anyone else getting this? Oh I am running Vista 64 too.

Foraven -> RE: The Fine Tuned mod V 1.6c (8/17/2009 12:06:40 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: tvluther

I just installed my game, then the .001 patch, and then your Mod, and as soon as I launch the game it crashes with a pop-up: "some russian gibberish infocentral.dlll (yes, 3 "l"s)

Anyone else getting this? Oh I am running Vista 64 too.

Simple, you installed the patch over my mod, by doing that you corrupted the mod. Just reinstall the mod and it should be fine.

tvluther -> RE: The Fine Tuned mod V 1.6c (8/17/2009 1:08:00 PM)

Thanks, thats what I figured.

Foraven -> RE: The Fine Tuned mod V 1.6c (8/22/2009 12:07:43 PM)

I'm sorry to all who may have been waiting for a new version, but i may not be making one anytime soon. I am currently holding several jobs and they keep me quite busy, and may do so for a while (i'm trying to clear a few debts). But the real reason is that i lost interest in modding Hired Guns. I may get interested again, eventually, but right now i'm putting the mod on hold. However i will still support it if some bugs are left or problems happen with new patches. If anyone what to continue the mod, just ask and i will provide all the help i can. 

Foraven

Reinforce -> RE: The Fine Tuned mod V 1.6c (8/22/2009 11:17:17 PM)

Awww thats sad news. v_v *hugs Foraven* I hope everything works out and don't be a stranger.

Much Love,
Reinforce

primalplow -> RE: The Fine Tuned mod V 1.6c (8/23/2009 8:50:26 PM)

I really like this mod. I don't know if its a bug in the game or in the mod but when i went to the train station there were guys there without names. they just showed their status. eg: weak, strong
also when i entered this area nobody fought me even when i attacked them.

Foraven -> RE: The Fine Tuned mod V 1.6c (8/27/2009 1:16:05 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: primalplow

I really like this mod. I don't know if its a bug in the game or in the mod but when i went to the train station there were guys there without names. they just showed their status. eg: weak, strong

It is a bug of course, enemies are supposed to fight back. I suggest you check if you copied the mod correctly, some files may not be in the right places.

Foraven -> RE: The Fine Tuned mod V 1.6c (8/27/2009 1:17:34 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Reinforce

Awww thats sad news. v_v *hugs Foraven* I hope everything works out and don't be a stranger.

Much Love,
Reinforce

Thanks.

Foraven -> RE: The Fine Tuned mod V 1.6c (9/11/2009 9:16:31 PM)

quote:

I'm sorry i did take that long to check it out, but you are right, there is a bug there. Some of the soldiers spawned without names and while they do move around and react to gunshots, they don't attack the player. Fortunately, not all enemies are like this. Now i need to figure what cause this problem... Well, i guess i have to return to active duty [8|] .

Ok, this may take me a few days because i work during week ends, but i will fix this problem.

primalplow -> RE: The Fine Tuned mod V 1.6c (9/12/2009 2:51:14 AM)

Let me know when you have had a chance to fix it so i can download it.

JP

Foraven -> RE: The Fine Tuned mod V 1.6c (9/12/2009 12:28:04 PM)

quote:

Let me know when you have had a chance to fix it so i can download it.

JP

I did check the code today, but so far i haven't found the problem yet. I know it's limited to "guards" characters so that narrow down the search...

Foraven -> RE: The Fine Tuned mod V 1.6c (9/12/2009 9:19:47 PM)

Ok, i found why some characters have no names, i just forgot to give them (they don't recive one by default). As for the bug with guys not returning fire, i haven't found why yet, but it seem to be a problem limited to the Train Station, on other maps they shoot back (but i haven't checked all maps yet)... 

Reinforce -> RE: The Fine Tuned mod V 1.6c (9/12/2009 9:36:57 PM)

Odd I was brutaly killed in Merc mode on the train station the other day. They shot back at me.. threw nades too. q_q

I do have one problem though.. Venoms demanding 16,000 dollors a day in Merc mode. Some of the other mercs seem to have really high costs too.

Much Love,
Reinforce

Foraven -> RE: The Fine Tuned mod V 1.6c (9/13/2009 12:19:08 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Reinforce

Odd I was brutaly killed in Merc mode on the train station the other day. They shot back at me.. threw nades too. q_q

I do have one problem though.. Venoms demanding 16,000 dollors a day in Merc mode. Some of the other mercs seem to have really high costs too.

Much Love,
Reinforce

Well, that bug is tricky, most soldiers act normally but a few don't and seem to search for targets without finding any, even if you are next to them with a smoking gun. As for how expensive mercs are, i may revisit their cost, but some mercs are meant to be real good and too expensive to keep around indefinitely. Anyway, once i have the time i will fix all that...

Foraven -> RE: The Fine Tuned mod V 1.6c (9/14/2009 10:17:25 PM)

1.6d is up. You will now see better naming for most enemies in the game as well as the ones i added. Sorry primalplow, i haven't found how to fix your issue in train station yet, but i'm still looking at it.

primalplow -> RE: The Fine Tuned mod V 1.6c (9/17/2009 3:07:43 PM)

well thanks for looking into it. I hope you can figure it out.

JP

Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI