RE: The Fine Tuned mod (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge >> Mods

Foraven -> RE: The Fine Tuned mod (8/20/2010 3:33:24 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: MVP7

EDIT. Ok, problem solved. For some reason, I had to extrack the locale files to "russian" folder that was there with english folder (even though I'm playing game in english...). But I think I also used TFT rar that I had downloaded some weeks earlier but never installed it before, it was slightly different size than the newer one, dunno if that's because I might have edited the rar while strugling with this problem. Many thanks for this mod Foraven [sm=00000436.gif]

Glad i could help.

Sirlancelot -> RE: The Fine Tuned mod (8/31/2010 2:04:54 PM)

Foraven, the mod is lovely, and i really appreciate your efforts to improve the AI. Besides, i agree with you: the game has a lot of potential. It's a shame that you have uninstalled it from your computer and abandoned modding.

I'm currently playing with 1.7 version of your and Reinforce's baby and have not suffered any bugs with ammo unload or anything else yet.   What weapons were supposedly broken?

Excelent work. ^^

Foraven -> RE: The Fine Tuned mod (9/1/2010 4:18:19 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sirlancelot

Foraven, the mod is lovely, and i really appreciate your efforts to improve the AI. Besides, i agree with you: the game has a lot of potential. It's a shame that you have uninstalled it from your computer and abandoned modding.

I'm currently playing with 1.7 version of your and Reinforce's baby and have not suffered any bugs with ammo unload or anything else yet.   What weapons were supposedly broken?

Excelent work. ^^

Well, thanks. I stopped modding this game when i ran out of things i could mod/improve. I did ask the devs for some help but i never got any (and the new patch has never been released either). That kind of killed my desire to mod this game.

The bug is with one of the rifle, the m2 carbine i believe... The is a bug with the ammo i created for it, but i could not find what was wrong with it without reinstalling the game (can't find where i put it).

Sirlancelot -> RE: The Fine Tuned mod (9/8/2010 9:57:53 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Foraven

quote:

Excelent work. ^^

Well, thanks. I stopped modding this game when i ran out of things i could mod/improve. I did ask the devs for some help but i never got any (and the new patch has never been released either). That kind of killed my desire to mod this game.

The bug is with one of the rifle, the m2 carbine i believe... The is a bug with the ammo i created for it, but i could not find what was wrong with it without reinstalling the game (can't find where i put it).

I have gather some info to report and give you some feedback about the flaws of the enemy AI with your mod installed. I have some ideas to improve it. Do you want to hear it?

Foraven -> RE: The Fine Tuned mod (9/9/2010 4:05:37 AM)

quote:

I have gather some info to report and give you some feedback about the flaws of the enemy AI with your mod installed. I have some ideas to improve it. Do you want to hear it?

Well, go ahead, post away. But from what i learned while modding the game, adding smarter behavior would require to make quite a lot of code from scratch. What i did manage to implement (and fix) has been straining my coding skills... To make any serious improvements to my mod would require someone who is proficient with lua and coding in general (there is a lot i don't know about real programming, i'm just talented at tweaking and hacking).

Sirlancelot -> RE: The Fine Tuned mod (9/16/2010 10:32:44 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Foraven

quote:

Well, go ahead, post away. But from what i learned while modding the game, adding smarter behavior would require to make quite a lot of code from scratch. What i did manage to implement (and fix) has been straining my coding skills... To make any serious improvements to my mod would require someone who is proficient with lua and coding in general (there is a lot i don't know about real programming, i'm just talented at tweaking and hacking).

Oh, then it's pointless, i guess. Anyway, the behaviours i was going to refer to are the following:

-AI soldiers choose poor places for coverage

-AI soldiers almost never make use of prone before end their turn (Most of them should first look for coverage, then calculate how many action points would require reach that place, and after that, make a decision about their remaining action points. Whatever decision they would choose, they should end their turn as safe as possible. Other soldiers could be more agressive, but a most of them should use a tactic less risky than the original one)

-When you are proned behind a rock, AI soldiers walk silently (with the stealth mode) in your direction, but, when discovered, don't change their tactic or react properly in any way (i mean, they could run away to a safe position, use a grenade or something else)

- AI soldiers gather themselves in great numbers: that's a call for grenades.

Foraven -> RE: The Fine Tuned mod (9/17/2010 3:54:09 AM)

quote:

Oh, then it's pointless, i guess.

You never know, maybe someone will pickup where i left.

quote:

-AI soldiers choose poor places for coverage

That's something i wanted to work on. I found a function to look for obstruction, so it's possible to make use of cover... The problem is making the AI look for an hiding spot; i'm sure it can be coded with the existing functions the game has, but everything i came up with was awfully complicated (thus very hard to debug with trial and error).

quote:

-AI soldiers almost never make use of prone before end their turn (Most of them should first look for coverage, then calculate how many action points would require reach that place, and after that, make a decision about their remaining action points. Whatever decision they would choose, they should end their turn as safe as possible. Other soldiers could be more agressive, but a most of them should use a tactic less risky than the original one)

You should have seen how bad the AI was before i tweaked it. It's not as dumb as it used to be, i just did not have any means to make it use cover or deliberately hide (though it does know when no one can see it).

quote:

-When you are proned behind a rock, AI soldiers walk silently (with the stealth mode) in your direction, but, when discovered, don't change their tactic or react properly in any way (i mean, they could run away to a safe position, use a grenade or something else)

I did code different movement stance, and it's supposed to react when it does see an enemy. When not in sight, the AI will try to sneak (but not always). The AI can crawl, but making it use it when it does make sense is quite complicated.

quote:

- AI soldiers gather themselves in great numbers: that's a call for grenades.

I believe it's possible to code some proximity awareness and force then to split up, but that could cause some issue in some of the maps. I did have some plans for it, but making the AI aware of it's surrounding would have greatly helped.

Anthropoid -> RE: The Fine Tuned mod (11/28/2010 5:42:56 PM)

Finally gonna go back and try your 1.7 version Foraven! [:D]

Foraven -> RE: The Fine Tuned mod (12/10/2010 1:49:54 PM)

Cool then, have fun with it :).

Foraven -> RE: The Fine Tuned mod (4/22/2011 6:14:52 PM)

I accidentally deleted the original link of the mod while doing some cleaning on the hosting server. I re-posted the old file from a backup i still had on my computer.

Godisaman -> RE: The Fine Tuned mod (8/22/2011 5:05:02 PM)

Hi,

Tried to play Jagged Edge today and nearly went insane... Guess they dont even know how to spell gamebalance...

So I searched the net and found this nice looking mod. But I cant download it. Everytime I try, I get an empty .zip file. Could anyone help me and upload it again?

mman69 -> RE: The Fine Tuned mod (8/29/2011 7:50:21 AM)

Same problem as Godisaman download is a empty zip please repost your mod so looking forward to hired guns with your mod .
Cheers

roswell -> RE: The Fine Tuned mod (9/19/2011 2:52:57 PM)

Can anyone please rehost the zip file for the mod? or send it via email? [:(]

Foraven -> RE: The Fine Tuned mod V 1.7 (10/13/2011 4:08:22 PM)

Hi guys, been a while since i managed to log in. Finally managed to reset my password. I'm aware my old host no longer work, but i could not post to change it. But now i host it on MediaFire, should no longer be a problem.

http://www.mediafire.com/?p1452gtbu2k52uz

Sm0keydaBear -> RE: The Fine Tuned mod (2/2/2018 3:06:57 PM)

Thanks for the mod! I just redownloaded this game and am going to play it again.

celice -> RE: The Fine Tuned mod (1/9/2019 1:07:25 AM)

Hi, this is a great mod. I wonder whether you still working on this mod. I made a mod of 30 mercs of JA2 replace the original ones. I see you know how to edit .lua files, so I wondering if you could make some changes of the original game, then benefit other players? Sorry fo my bad english.

Page: <<   < prev  4 5 6 7 [8]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI