War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Manual Preview (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

Erik Rutins -> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Manual Preview (6/10/2009 8:15:20 PM)

Here you go, have a look at the front page:

www.matrixgames.com

Enjoy!

SuluSea -> RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Manual Preview (6/10/2009 8:21:20 PM)

quote:

Among the many things fans are looking forward to is the full color 330 page printed manual that will be included in the first official "Collector's Edition" release here at Matrix Games. 

YES! As always thanks Matrix! [:)]

TulliusDetritus -> RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Manual Preview (6/10/2009 8:23:42 PM)

Manual downloaded [:)][:)][:)]

Thank you very much [&o]

Chad Harrison -> RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Manual Preview (6/10/2009 8:25:14 PM)

Thank you so much for putting this up! Great work Matrix and AE dev team!

felixghost -> RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Manual Preview (6/10/2009 8:26:58 PM)

Thanks for this!

Erik Rutins -> RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Manual Preview (6/10/2009 8:28:22 PM)

One side note - we did compress this 75 page excerpt more than usual, to keep the download size manageable. So please realize that if some of the manual pages or pics look compressed, they do NOT look that way in the actual release manual or the printed copy. I just realized this could cause concern and wanted to nip it in the bud.

Wilson ESQ -> RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Manual Preview (6/10/2009 8:33:30 PM)

Thanks for the preview. Air combat symbol missing from page 12 on Hex Command display?

Canoerebel -> RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Manual Preview (6/10/2009 8:35:14 PM)

Thanks, Eric! My unshakeable "vow of celibacy" that has been in effect since mid-April is quaking.

I know I'll get a headache reading through the manual. Not only does it entice me to break my vow, but it also makes me "think to much" since I'm an editor.

I've just started reading, but found (I think) a minor omission. 6.1.1 Task Force Symbols doesn't include a symbol for Air Combat. (Of course, most experienced WitP players refused to use Air Combat TFs due to the "react" feature, but I'm sure that's been fixed in AE...right?]

Erik Rutins -> RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Manual Preview (6/10/2009 8:43:47 PM)

I figured it would take about 5 minutes before someone posted a correction. It actually took 15, which is mildly disappointing, but then two people posted it at once, so my faith was restored. [;)]

I'm sure you'll find a few more odds and ends, it's almost inevitable. We had about 20 people review and correct the final draft and about a dozen go over the final layout version, but that's still far fewer eyes than will see it now and let's face it, you guys are very "motivated". Anything that should be corrected (hopefully there won't be much!) we'll correct in the PDF version that comes in the gold master.

I'm confident that it's a good quality manual though, one of the best we've done and I think once you've got all 330 pages you'll find it to be far superior to what came with the original WITP.

Regards,

- Erik

jjax -> RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Manual Preview (6/10/2009 8:49:39 PM)

Wait a second. In Erick's manual post, it says that the printed manual is part of the "collectors edition". Does that mean that there will be an option to purchase a special edition, at a increase cost, over the regular bare-bones hard copy (that contains no printed manual!?)?

Erik Rutins -> RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Manual Preview (6/10/2009 8:56:00 PM)

No, please have a look at the front page of our Online Store. It explains the different "editions" there. Each game only has one "edition", which defines what is in the physical version for that game. War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition will be our first "Collector's Edition" which means that all physical copies will come with a full color 330 page printed manual.

uncc -> RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Manual Preview (6/10/2009 9:08:01 PM)

how will the manual be bound? spiral hopefully so it can lay flat...

Erik Rutins -> RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Manual Preview (6/10/2009 9:20:33 PM)

Not a spiral bind, but the binding seems quite solid to me. I have a proof copy here that I've been using and there has been no sign of any of the pages getting loose or the spine deteriorating. Here, I'll post a few pics from my built in webcam...

[image]local://upfiles/9/5986CF5982A446C0B539E19D62E09819.jpg[/image]

Erik Rutins -> RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Manual Preview (6/10/2009 9:20:54 PM)

Pic 2...

[image]local://upfiles/9/9075767C1B64407C9DEE4595C2B35AAD.jpg[/image]

Erik Rutins -> RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Manual Preview (6/10/2009 9:21:18 PM)

Pic 3...

[image]local://upfiles/9/641836E933F74CF8A28BF6D2F66E8847.jpg[/image]

jhdeerslayer -> RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Manual Preview (6/10/2009 9:27:37 PM)

This bone feels like torture...[:D] Seriously thanks for sharing this.

uncc -> RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Manual Preview (6/10/2009 9:31:50 PM)

Thanks Erik. Would've preferred spiral, but...I STILL WANT IT!

p.s. your manual pics reminded me of Tim the Toolman's (Home Improvement) neighbor, Wilson....[:D]

rockmedic109 -> RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Manual Preview (6/10/2009 9:48:18 PM)

Give me a few days and I can break that binding.....Oh and I'd need a copy of the manual as well.

Great job guys.  I'm looking forward to AE.....More so than any other game.

Chad Harrison -> RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Manual Preview (6/10/2009 9:53:26 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: uncc

neighbor, Wilson....[:D]

[:D] I knew that looked familar . . .

Also, does that mean that all the manuals are done printing? [;)]

Erik Rutins -> RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Manual Preview (6/10/2009 9:59:34 PM)

Nope, that was a proof copy, which means it's a copy the printer sends us before printing starts to make sure everything looks good.

AirGriff -> RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Manual Preview (6/10/2009 10:13:21 PM)

I have died and am now walking towards the light [&o][&o]

Canoerebel -> RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Manual Preview (6/10/2009 10:39:21 PM)

Is it true that national security and defense agencies will carefully monitor the WitP/AE forum to identify any savants that might be able to digest this manual and play a game of such infinite complexity?  I mean, if you excel at a game of this magnitude, shouldn't you pretty much exempt War College and Annapolis/West Point?

Canoerebel -> RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Manual Preview (6/10/2009 10:43:46 PM)

For those of us who have seen "Toy Story" and "Toy Story II," unforgettable are the little green space aliens that speak thusly:  "You have saved our lives; we are eternally grateful."

In the same spirit:  "Waypoints; I am eternally grateful."

Banquet -> RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Manual Preview (6/10/2009 10:45:47 PM)

That manual looks absolutely fantastic! I can foresee myself carrying it everywhere and reading snippets at every opportunity.. I might even start to understand the game! [:)]

bobogoboom -> RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Manual Preview (6/10/2009 11:03:27 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

I figured it would take about 5 minutes before someone posted a correction. It actually took 15, which is mildly disappointing, but then two people posted it at once, so my faith was restored. [;)]

I'm sure you'll find a few more odds and ends, it's almost inevitable. We had about 20 people review and correct the final draft and about a dozen go over the final layout version, but that's still far fewer eyes than will see it now and let's face it, you guys are very "motivated". Anything that should be corrected (hopefully there won't be much!) we'll correct in the PDF version that comes in the gold master.

I'm confident that it's a good quality manual though, one of the best we've done and I think once you've got all 330 pages you'll find it to be far superior to what came with the original WITP.

Regards,

- Erik

there wasn't a manual with the origional........... [:'(]

Terminus -> RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Manual Preview (6/10/2009 11:04:56 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Canoerebel

Is it true that national security and defense agencies will carefully monitor the WitP/AE forum to identify any savants that might be able to digest this manual and play a game of such infinite complexity?  I mean, if you excel at a game of this magnitude, shouldn't you pretty much exempt War College and Annapolis/West Point?

For "will", read "have been"...[:'(]

Charbroiled -> RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Manual Preview (6/10/2009 11:38:12 PM)

Damn....there goes what little "life" I have left.

Terminus -> RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Manual Preview (6/11/2009 12:07:35 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Canoerebel

For those of us who have seen "Toy Story" and "Toy Story II," unforgettable are the little green space aliens that speak thusly:  "You have saved our lives; we are eternally grateful."

In the same spirit:  "Waypoints; I am eternally grateful."

Does that mean your vow of celibacy has been broken, then?[:'(]

Canoerebel -> RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Manual Preview (6/11/2009 12:19:09 AM)

Well, I can't break my vow of celibacy until AE is actually availalbe to play (my vow covers only "playing" WitP or AE).  Since AE probably won't be available until late July, I'm safe for at least another month.  At that point, I'll have honored my vow for approximately 90 of the 180 days pledged.  Isn't that good enough?

n01487477 -> RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Manual Preview (6/11/2009 3:13:42 AM)

Quickly did an updated economics chart (would have loved to have seen one in the manual), but otherwise looks great! ... please let me know if I have made any mistakes.

Also Repair points are no longer accumulated ? If they are unused each turn, it reverts to 0 for the next ? Or is it the same as Witp, accumulating local points up to 4x the repair capacity iirc ?

Thanks to Apollo (for the original iirc)

[image]local://upfiles/19798/E57ADE45143C41C39718FB1F131C8D2E.jpg[/image]

Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI