Westphalia Discord--1792 standard (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> Opponents Wanted

evwalt -> Westphalia Discord--1792 standard (7/4/2009 4:37:38 PM)

Having gotten one PBEM (floundering to a restart), I am ready for number two. Any takers?

I am also changing the game to a "vanilla" scenerio (an offical scenerio that game with the game).

Scenerio: Standard Scenerio 1792
Game Length - 23 years
Economy - Advanced
Difficulty - Wellington (10% march attrition)
Combat Difficulty - Standard
Victory Conditions - Highest Glory

This time I would to try to give someone a little bigger a shot. Maybe even the big guy himself, France. (Though if someone else wants it bad, its ok by me.)

Everyone interested (especially some of you new guys who missed out on Danish Anyone?, post here). Also, in Danish Anyone? everyone also posted their time zone (see website below if you are not sure), your primary language, and email address. All aboard!

http://www.worldtimezone.com/

England---Evwalt<> TZ-US central (GMT-6) , Lang-English
France---and2<> TZ-(GMT+1), Lang-
Spain---aqui< > TZ-(GMT+1), Lang-Italian
Prussia--Ironclad<>, TZ-(GMT+0), Lang-English
Austria--Mus<>, TZ- US Pacific (GMT-8), Lang-English
Turkey--Deerslayer <>, TZ- US eastern (GMT-5), Lang-English
Russia--Carl Rugenstein <>, TZ- US eastern (GMT-5), Lang-English
Sweden---Kingmaker <>, TZ-(GMT), Lang-English

HOUSE RULE: No insurrection missions against a human power. Insurrections and coups are still permitted against AI controlled minors."

Edit: All email addresses removed.

Kingmaker -> RE: New PBEM Game (7/5/2009 3:09:00 PM)

HiHi

Again, not at the expence of a new player, or if the the game is Modded, otherwise I'm up for it.

Not france, Spain or England.

All the Best
Peter

Rugens -> RE: New PBEM Game (7/7/2009 9:12:02 PM)

I think I can handle one more. Please put me down for Austria.

Carl

Ironclad -> RE: New PBEM Game (7/8/2009 8:59:24 PM)

Please count me in, for Russia. (GMT, English)

jhdeerslayer -> RE: New PBEM Game (7/9/2009 1:00:23 AM)

OK - I'll try the Turk's on this one. :-)

jphatfield AT comcast.net -5 GMT English

jhdeerslayer -> RE: New PBEM Game (7/14/2009 8:21:58 PM)

No other takers to fill this game up?

evwalt -> RE: New PBEM Game (7/14/2009 8:28:36 PM)

I think we might have even lost 2 since Kingmaker and Ironclad got recruited into Danish Too.

I wasn't really rushing on this one (did all that to fill up Danish Anyone? and Danish Too). Plus, I know of several people not available until August who wanted a PBEM.

I guess we need to 1) confirm if Ironclad and Kingmaker want off this list, and 2) keep bumping this up to the top every week or two so that peopl know we are still looking to start a new one.

and2 -> RE: New PBEM Game (7/16/2009 7:26:04 AM)

Hi, I'd like to join a PBEM game. Great game, lots of detail and variation in gameplay. Played a few strategygames online in my time.

I guess I would prefer France lol, mostly because in my gaming so far against the AI, Ive primarialy tried France and Denmark, but I could play any country :) In the 1792 scenario its a more even playing field, compared to 1805, where a bit of diplomacy and coordination can overcome any powerplayer. (cough Austria cough )

Sincerely Chindits

evwalt -> RE: New PBEM Game (7/16/2009 3:03:53 PM)

and2, for now I will put you down for France!

and2 -> RE: New PBEM Game (7/18/2009 7:14:21 AM)

Great!

I look forward to it once we get going :)

aqui -> RE: New PBEM Game (7/18/2009 9:40:58 AM)

GMT+1; first language: italian; e-mail: uomodellospazio1@alice.it
Any nation is ok for me
cya
paolo

evwalt -> RE: New PBEM Game (7/18/2009 5:23:09 PM)

I put you down aqui. I am now checking with Ironclad and Kingmaker to see if they still want in (the were recruited for another game).

Note: It may be a few weeks before gamestart as I know of several people who wanted to play but were not available until August.

Kingmaker -> RE: New PBEM Game (7/19/2009 12:56:45 PM)

HiHi

You can put me down for Sweden/Denmark in a 1792 game if you like, but will drop out if you find a Newbie interested.

All the Best
Peter

Ironclad -> RE: New PBEM Game (7/19/2009 1:28:17 PM)

I'm still in and will take Prussia this time, if its still available.

evwalt -> RE: New PBEM Game (7/19/2009 2:48:03 PM)

Ironclad for Prussia!

Ironclad -> RE: New PBEM Game (7/19/2009 4:20:31 PM)

deleted

Kingmaker -> RE: New PBEM Game (7/21/2009 7:40:25 AM)

HiHi

evwalt if I've "done me sums right" with me as Sweden (see earlier post) you have 6 players, just a thought but if you advertise on the 'Another PBEM' & '109 PBEM' threads you may pick up someone as those games will both be on hold for x2 weeks due to player puter probs.

All the Best
Peter

and2 -> RE: New PBEM Game (7/21/2009 7:19:07 PM)

Sounds good with us nearly being ready to start.

However I would like to suggest a house rule with the discussion in the wish list thread in mind http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2048742&mpage=5 

Basicly it could be to ban inssurrection and coup mission against another Major powers territories. In other words against a non-human country the mission would still be possiable and by making the house rule before game start noone has invested in more diplomats.

Opinions?

Sincerely Chindits

Mus -> RE: New PBEM Game (7/21/2009 9:12:40 PM)

I would play in this one. Several of my games are on hold due to a player having technical issues, but one more shouldnt be a difficulty even when they get going again.

Would prefer Austria, France, Prussia or Russia. Not sure how firmed up your country selections are. If all those countries are taken I will play whoever, but would prefer not to play Great Britain as I have 2 other games going where I am playing GB and would like to diversify my playstyle a bit by playing a Continental power.

As with Kingmaker, I would bow out if you have a new player wanting to get in. More COG EE community players would be a good thing.

Timezone for me is Pacific Standard Time, thats GMT -8.

evwalt -> RE: New PBEM Game (7/21/2009 9:17:12 PM)

Mus, would you be interested in Austria? I was going to take her but will be glad to try "merry old England" instead.

Anything has to be an improvement over tiny Denmark!

Mus -> RE: New PBEM Game (7/21/2009 9:21:13 PM)

Austria is fine. Although I noticed Carl Rugenstein originally requested Austria but is down for Russia. I wouldnt mind playing Russia either, Carl could take Austria and you would play England.

Dont get me wrong, England is fun to play, its just I have two games as Britain already and the economic/naval strategy of GB gets a little predictable/boring if you play too much of it. I also already have a game as Austria, so wouldnt mind playing Russia for flavor.

Anyways, will pay attention to the thread until we have figured out who is who.

evwalt -> RE: New PBEM Game (7/21/2009 9:25:11 PM)

Carl had originally asked for Austria because he was playing Russia in Denmark Anyone? He took one for the team in that game and switched to Spain. I'd feel pretty bad asking him to move again this game

You are welcome in Austria and/or Spain. I certainly don't mind England at all.

If you took Austria, that would leave aqui with Spain and we would be ready to roll.

Mus -> RE: New PBEM Game (7/21/2009 9:26:32 PM)

Ah OK, Austria it is then.

evwalt -> RE: New PBEM Game (7/21/2009 9:32:53 PM)

Anyone have any thoughts on some restrictions on insurrections as per the thread mentioned above?

For my two cents I would say 1) no insurrections against allies, 2) no insurrections during the 18 month period of enforced peace by the LOSER of the war during the period of enforced peace (neither side during ceasefire).

I would also say the above rules do NOT apply if the NM of a target country is below a certain number, perhaps -100? I would think when a country is "collapsing" anyone should get a shot at insurrections. Indeed, computer "rebels" can appear in your country proper as NM drops really low. <<Yeah, kicking them while they are down, but it IS what would happen>>

Thoughts?

Mus -> RE: New PBEM Game (7/21/2009 10:06:07 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: evwalt

Anyone have any thoughts on some restrictions on insurrections as per the thread mentioned above?

For my two cents I would say 1) no insurrections against allies, 2) no insurrections during the 18 month period of enforced peace by the LOSER of the war during the period of enforced peace (neither side during ceasefire).

Ideally I believe the use of insurrection against a human player should just flat out be banned as a house rule until its addressed by WCS. The happenings in "Another PBEM" have convinced me as well as several other first hand witnesses that this particular aspect of dipomacy is completely unbalanced. We had about 10 major insurrections in a 1 year period.

evwalt -> RE: New PBEM Game (7/22/2009 12:29:14 AM)

If no insurrections ever, does this mean that the only way for a minor to return to neutral is to be forced in a treaty? Is that right?

Not sure about that but I would be willing to bow to those with more experience.

Mus -> RE: New PBEM Game (7/22/2009 12:39:32 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: evwalt

If no insurrections ever, does this mean that the only way for a minor to return to neutral is to be forced in a treaty? Is that right?

Not sure about that but I would be willing to bow to those with more experience.

No. Spontaneous insurrections still occur at very low national morale levels.

In my first PBEM (ended up being abandoned due to nasty prepatch glory bugs) I lost control of Wallachia and Bessarabia as Turkey when my morale went very low as a result of back to back military defeats at the hands of France.

Anyways, Im merely suggesting a vote on a house rule. I think somebody already linked to the observations from other games about the perceived imbalances involved.

and2 -> RE: New PBEM Game (7/22/2009 6:06:22 AM)

Concerning the matter of the insurrection missions, my vote would be a yes to making a house rule that states "No insurrection missions against a human power. Insurrections and coups are still permitted against AI controlled minors."

It seems unbalanced at the moment and a potential game spoiler in a PBEM game.

evwalt -> RE: New PBEM Game (7/22/2009 2:37:31 PM)

I would vote yes also on the no insurrections house rule.

In addition, I would be willing to play Spain rather the Britain, though I do have some concern my machine may not be able to merge files properly. If it can, then aqui can have Britain

Ironclad -> RE: New PBEM Game (7/22/2009 6:12:16 PM)

post deleted.

Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI