RE: Fantasy Football 2009 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

Paul Vebber -> RE: Fantasy Football 2009 (8/28/2010 3:53:21 PM)

We are go for the Draft. I'm going to have to put up with my daughter... The draft is in about 30min. Good Luck!

Paul Vebber -> RE: Fantasy Football 2009 (8/28/2010 9:34:59 PM)

Taking the Fair value - Price here is the net total value of the draft. Teams with a higher value "got more for their money":

Drunken Armadillos 220
Northern Horde 213
Pack o' Pain 155
Kelly's Zeros 149
HOF TGW 137 (Drafted by autodraft)
YikesdaVikes 128
Moster 125
Poundcake 94

The 5 biggest overpayments were:

Andre Johnson Kelly's Zeros -12
Ryan Mathews Poundcake -13
Rashard Mendenhall Poundcake -13
Shonn Greene Moster -18
Michael Turner Pack o' Pain -18

The five biggest bargains were:

Carson Palmer Pack o' Pain 33
Felix Jones Drunken Armadillos 32
Joshua Cribbs Northern Horde 30
Philip Rivers Drunken Armadillos 25
Terrell Owens Moster 25

SO I was both the biggest sucker AND the biggest bargain hunter... [X(][8|][:-]

Challerain -> RE: Fantasy Football 2009 (8/28/2010 10:50:07 PM)

Well - I logged in 10 minutes late and the computer decided to pay $44 for Mendenhall, $42 for Mathews, and $26 for Moreno. Pretty much ruined by payroll at that point.

Prince of Eckmühl -> RE: Fantasy Football 2009 (8/30/2010 2:29:44 AM)

I showed up early at the pro-league draft, about 12PM. However, the system didn't let me in when I clicked to "enter" the draft. I waited (and waited) for a "bar" to finish advancing across the screen. Perhaps five minutes after the start time, I decided that I needed to try again and it finally took. The first three rounds were over, and I didn't have a clue as to how to negotiate the GUI. Anyway, I just started drafting every defender that I could think of.

After looking at the rosters for some of the other teams, I suspect that some of the managers may have had a similar experience to my own, only worse.

What a way to start the season! [sm=scared0008.gif]

Erik Rutins -> RE: Fantasy Football 2009 (8/30/2010 2:32:59 AM)

Unfortunately, a few detours on my trip home today meant that I completely missed the draft. I had planned to be there, so I hadn't even changed my settings. Argh!

Paul Vebber -> RE: Fantasy Football 2009 (9/1/2010 1:52:31 AM)

I had the same problem with the pro league - I started trying to join 30 min before and missed the first three rounds as well.

I can't complain too much, I got some good players anywhere.

I'm open to trades!

Scott_WAR -> RE: Fantasy Football 2009 (9/1/2010 2:02:57 PM)

Wasnt feeling well and fell asleep. After spending that day, that night, and most of the next day in bed shivering and sweating, I finally kicked whatever bug had its claws in me and realized I missed the draft. I didnt do too bad,....nothing a few waiver pickups cant iron out.

Cap Mandrake -> RE: Fantasy Football 2009 (9/7/2010 5:04:58 PM)

Bloody Hell! Missed it two years in a row. It seems like football starts a different time every year.

Just as well. My family makes fun of me when I do fantasy football.

Timm Allen -> RE: Fantasy Football 2009 (10/7/2010 1:05:40 PM)

It took a long time to take me here for this topic issue or discussion.please make you service better then this because I have been waiting from Morning for it.

Term Papers

Paul Vebber -> RE: Fantasy Football 2009 (12/19/2010 8:07:17 PM)

Playoofs are in full swing this weekend, withthe Basic League (1) Flying Pigs taking on (4) USS America Tsumani in the Division 1 Championship and (2) Kelly's Zeros taking on (3) Long Island Mad Cows in the Division 2 Championship.

The Hall of Fame league saw my playoff hopes rise and fall in a matter of minutes in a game I between Poundcake and Kelly's Zeros as it looked like Kelly's was goning to win on Andre Hophnsons last sec TD catch. the only thing that could sink me was...a Baltimore defensive touchdown...which they did in OT to DASH my playoff hopes... so drunken Armadillos end up being the 4th seed ans despite having the 2nd most points...I am riding the playoff pines ;(

SO my hopes are with (4) Drunken Armadillos (whose got my spot!) against (1) Northern Horde. In the other Semi final (2) Moster is taking on (3) Kelly's Zeros.

In the Pro League the wild card round saw (5) Duckers get by (4) WaR Dogs to face (1) Moster while my (3) Pack of Pain held off a furious late rally by (6) Fudgehammers to advance to face (2) Northern Horde.

Good luck to all the playoff participants this year!

Paul Vebber -> RE: Fantasy Football 2009 (12/24/2010 2:28:54 AM)

The Super Bowls are on! In the Basic league (4) USS America Tsunami is up against (2) Kelly's Zeros. In the Hall of Fame league (1) Northern Horde is going against (2) Moster. and in the Pro League it is my (3) Pack o' Pain against (1) Moster. Congrats to Moster for getting the Super Bowls of two leagues!

Paul Vebber -> RE: Fantasy Football 2009 (12/27/2010 1:50:23 AM)

In the Basic League it will take a miracle game by Michael Vick for Kelly's Zeros to overcome USS America Tsunami's lead.

In the Hall of Fame matchup Micheal Vick is again in play, but 30 points down and against 3 remaining players, it seems Northern Horde has the prize over Moster.

But Moster has a comfortable lead over my Pack o' Pain in the Pro league so he looks to be on his way to a prize after all. Facing Aaron Rodgers, I will gladly accept the Fan Karma of the fantasy drubbing his 100+ fantasy point performance inflicted to have the Real Pack's playoff chances remain alive! If I have to lose, it is fitting it comes at the hands of a Packer!

It will be Tuesday before the results are final, thanks to the Blizzard we are suffering here in the Northeast, but barring something supernatural, it looks like USS America Tsunami, Northern horde and Moster will be this years Fantasy Football Champions!

USSAmerica -> RE: Fantasy Football 2009 (12/27/2010 10:04:02 PM)

In the Basic league, I currently have a 40 point lead, but Michael Vick has already scored more points than that TWO times this season!  I have Atlanta's kicker, Matt Bryant, who I need to pad my lead some more tonight.  It's crazy that I feel that a 40 point lead is not safe.  [:D]

Miracle game from Vick aside, it looks like this could be my year with a win in the Baseball league, and a good shot at a football win.  [8D]

Arctic Blast -> RE: Fantasy Football 2009 (12/28/2010 8:34:17 PM)

Woot! Hopefully there are no miracles from Michael Vick on the offing...[:)]

Poolmick -> RE: Fantasy Football 2009 (12/29/2010 11:48:37 PM)

Congrats Moster

Job well done.

Thanks for league again Paul.

Paul Vebber -> RE: Fantasy Football 2009 (12/30/2010 5:26:36 AM)

ITs official, USS America Tsunami, Northern Horde and Moster are this years fantasy football winners. Interestingly all 3 winners were the number 1 seeds! The first time I recall that happening.

Congrats on a great season wire and following through on great seasons!

Arctic Blast -> RE: Fantasy Football 2009 (12/30/2010 10:45:10 PM)

Woot! I actually lost by a point in my other title game thanks to Vick and Brent Celek, so I'm glad to have won in this one. [:)]

As usual, thanks to Paul for setting up and running the leagues this year. It's been another fun season.

chadandpia -> RE: Fantasy Football 2009 (1/1/2011 4:53:51 PM)

yes, thanks for the leagues .. had a great time again. I always look forward to playing with you guys! [:)]

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI