RE: [Release]Star Wars Mod- ROTS Update! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding

lordxorn -> RE: [Release]Star Wars Mod- ROTS Update! (1/15/2011 3:52:52 PM)

LOL, like the wookie on the drums.

Dhanun_slith -> RE: [Release]Star Wars Mod- ROTS Update! (5/29/2011 7:51:18 PM)

Is this still going?
An excellent mod for the game. Hope the Save/scenario for the civil war still being worked on.
Keep up the good work!

lordxorn -> RE: [Release]Star Wars Mod- ROTS Update! (5/29/2011 7:56:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dhanun

Is this still going?
An excellent mod for the game. Hope the Save/scenario for the civil war still being worked on.
Keep up the good work!

To be honest been busy with other games, however I was close to finishing it. Also was hoping for more modding support.

Data -> RE: [Release]Star Wars Mod- ROTS Update! (5/29/2011 9:22:21 PM)

Which brings us again to the upcoming expansion; if only more modding is included....

anthonykevinluke -> RE: [Release]Star Wars Mod- ROTS Update! (6/13/2011 9:00:00 AM)

Hi Lordzorn,

I seemed to have successfully installed your excellent Mod and have the two themes to choose from (Alliance/Empire). My question is when I go in to select my race the Alliance and the Empire are there but all the other races are standard ROTS:DW. Is this an error, or isn't there any other Star War races other than the two principles? If this is the case is there any intent to eventually change these like in the superb Star Trek Mods? Either way, a very impressive piece of work, many thanks.

Regards,

AKL

Data -> RE: [Release]Star Wars Mod- ROTS Update! (6/13/2011 12:37:07 PM)

Even if the former is the case we can combine files from different mods and have whatever races we'd like in whatever combination. Aside from this it would indeed be cool to have a complete SW mod / universe.

tjhkkr -> RE: [Release]Star Wars Mod- ROTS Update! (6/13/2011 9:24:49 PM)

I do indeed have one...

Thanks to LordXorn, I have the Empire and Rebellion...

I added to it:
The Republic (Ships too)
CIS (Count Dooku) (Ships too)
SithMinions
Hutts
Nemoidians
TechnoUnion
Muun
Mirukulous (From KOTOR II)
Shaak Ti's race
Twilek
Zann Consortium
Corellians (Ships too)
Geonosians
Trandoshans
Kuat
Bothans

A couple of other races and ship sets...
I just do not have a place to upload them so people can have them
I ahve probably 700 Star Wars systems

tjhkkr -> RE: [Release]Star Wars Mod- ROTS Update! (6/13/2011 9:34:46 PM)

Oh, I also have the Kaminoans as well -- them cloners... [:D]

Data -> RE: [Release]Star Wars Mod- ROTS Update! (6/13/2011 9:35:33 PM)

Wow, I think Matrix people will not have a problem if we use their ftp server for this even if it's meant for bug reporting mainly. It can be deleted if needed but this way it will be available for all of us.
Good stuff, TJ....and as always Lordxorn [&o]

cookie monster -> RE: [Release]Star Wars Mod- ROTS Update! (6/13/2011 9:56:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Data

Wow, I think Matrix people will not have a problem if we use their ftp server for this even if it's meant for bug reporting mainly. It can be deleted if needed but this way it will be available for all of us.
Good stuff, TJ....and as always Lordxorn [&o]

Most peeps and the like use something like megaupload.com etc for their file sharing needs.

Data -> RE: [Release]Star Wars Mod- ROTS Update! (6/13/2011 10:01:28 PM)

There are other sites / services also, don't know if all the files are so big that would get in the way on any of them. Maybe TJ should get himself a modder's signature, with a link pointing to a cargo bay....and not that cloaked one.

tjhkkr -> RE: [Release]Star Wars Mod- ROTS Update! (6/14/2011 12:32:59 AM)

In fairness, I use some of IGard's Federation ships for my personal fleet's ships (although I cut a few from other places as well), and for pirate ships and the like, but the rest of it is all SW stuff. And I use the tops of MiG-29 and Su-34s for my attack birds, and in my second set, I use XB-70 and the F-23

I am definitely open to giving back to the community. You all have been a blast. I cannot tell you the number of forums where people are just not fun to talk to... If someone points me to a community download/upload service, I will be happy to upload.

Igard -> RE: [Release]Star Wars Mod- ROTS Update! (6/14/2011 12:58:51 AM)

Hey tj. My favourite host for game files is gamefront :- http://www.gamefront.com/files/upload

No need to register or login. Just upload your file (zip it first) and copy the url.

anthonykevinluke -> RE: [Release]Star Wars Mod- ROTS Update! (6/14/2011 2:14:40 AM)

Sounds good, I look forward to the DW:ROTS Star Wars universe, comprising all the Star Wars races. Two other quick questions if I may:

- The first time I loaded the Galactic Empire Theme I got the starting main planet as Coruscant, this was correct/good. However, every time I have started a game as the Empire since I never get Coruscant, just a random planet name. Is this WAD or am I doing something wrong?

- Once I have a saved game from both sides (Galactic and Empire) does it matter what the Theme was last set on when I load?

Thank you,

AKL

Data -> RE: [Release]Star Wars Mod- ROTS Update! (6/14/2011 6:59:55 AM)

1. afaik it's wad but the homeworld can be set via a file; don't remember now which one but i'll dig up and let you now.

2. it should matter, yes, the files are always needed....but better have confirmation from one of the modders on this, they know better.

Caesar_Augustus -> RE: [Release]Star Wars Mod- ROTS Update! (6/14/2011 7:00:08 AM)

Yes, indeed, tjhkkr, there are some pretty fine fellows in these forums...
Very creative and helpful.
"Distant" friends via the web, but nice to know such good guys
exist in these "Worlds." [:)]

Data -> RE: [Release]Star Wars Mod- ROTS Update! (6/14/2011 7:01:25 AM)

Another reason to thank Elliot for making a game that brought us all together [sm=00000436.gif]

Caesar_Augustus -> RE: [Release]Star Wars Mod- ROTS Update! (6/14/2011 7:04:04 AM)

Ah now, Mr. Data, by the use of [sm=00000436.gif], have you been drinking some more of Igard's "cloaked" Romulan ale again??

Data -> RE: [Release]Star Wars Mod- ROTS Update! (6/14/2011 7:04:05 AM)

Tony, the file is races.txt. You have in there many options to set for each race among which is the homeworld name also.
Be sure to check the races.txt in the customization folder not the one in the general game folder. There is also a tool developed by one of us to make editing the file easier, I'll post it here once I find it again.

Data -> RE: [Release]Star Wars Mod- ROTS Update! (6/14/2011 7:05:25 AM)

here it is -> http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2766476
That should be about it, have fun.

Igard -> RE: [Release]Star Wars Mod- ROTS Update! (6/14/2011 8:51:18 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: tony luke

- Once I have a saved game from both sides (Galactic and Empire) does it matter what the Theme was last set on when I load?

Hey Tony. No, you don't have to change theme before loading a savegame. The game changes the theme for you.

Igard -> RE: [Release]Star Wars Mod- ROTS Update! (6/14/2011 8:56:07 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Caesar_Augustus

Ah now, Mr. Data, by the use of [sm=00000436.gif], have you been drinking some more of Igard's "cloaked" Romulan ale again??

Hi Caesar. I can report that Mr Data does indeed still break into my cargobay from time to time. He enjoys drinking all my ale and stealing my Orion slave girls. Who knows what else he gets up to in there!

He's a very naughty android.[:-]

Data -> RE: [Release]Star Wars Mod- ROTS Update! (6/14/2011 9:20:17 AM)

quote:

Who knows what else he gets up to in there!

Certainly not me [:D]

Caesar_Augustus -> RE: [Release]Star Wars Mod- ROTS Update! (6/14/2011 10:23:28 AM)

quote:

Hi Caesar. I can report that Mr Data does indeed still break into my cargobay from time to time. He enjoys drinking all my ale and stealing my Orion slave girls. Who knows what else he gets up to in there!

He's a very naughty android.

Indeed, Igard. But pardon me, if you will, lad, but you claim to have Orion slave girls?? If you recall the classic 1943 film "Casablanca", I can only exclaim with Louis, the French Commissar: "I'm shocked! Shocked!"

Hmmm... Hardly becoming of an Imperial Centurion who only wishes to bring order to the galaxy. Can't bring order with ale being stolen and with Orion slave girls, you know [8|], and with androids running amuck, that would be the undoing of any Empire.

Dear, oh dear, that won't do at all...

Data -> RE: [Release]Star Wars Mod- ROTS Update! (6/14/2011 10:54:14 AM)

I'm not running any mucks (that one is from the bicentennial man) [:)]

Igard -> RE: [Release]Star Wars Mod- ROTS Update! (6/14/2011 1:41:36 PM)

All I'll say is, he'd better not be practicing his 'multiple techniqes' in my cargobay![:D]

Of course, I don't keep them for my own personal use. As every great Emperor knows, one must keep the plebeians happy.[:)]

Caesar_Augustus -> RE: [Release]Star Wars Mod- ROTS Update! (6/14/2011 4:32:08 PM)

quote:

Of course, I don't keep them for my own personal use. As every great Emperor knows, one must keep the plebeians happy.

Keep the plebeians... "happy"??
Oh, yes, I'm afraid I've forgotten my imperial greatness... [8|]
I'd forgotten that that's part of an imperial order of things.

Plebeian happiness is from older, republican forms of crude and inefficient government.
They must learn to properly understand Imperial greatness and grandeur, and sacrifice
themselves for the glory of the Emperor!
Now, if they think they're happy (hehehe) with bread and circuses, all the better for the Emperor and the Empire! [:D]

Data -> RE: [Release]Star Wars Mod- ROTS Update! (6/14/2011 7:20:29 PM)

Forget bread and circuses, expansion info is beginning to leak out [:D]

ehsumrell1 -> RE: [Release]Star Wars Mod- ROTS Update! (6/15/2011 5:31:06 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Caesar_Augustus

quote:

He's a very naughty android.

Indeed, Igard. But pardon me, if you will, lad, but you claim to have Orion slave girls?? If you recall the classic 1943 film "Casablanca", I can only exclaim with Louis, the French Commissar: "I'm shocked! Shocked!"

Dear, oh dear, that won't do at all..

Caesar....I can attest to the fact of Igard's Orion Slave Girls, as shown below, I acquired one from
his Cargobay a while back. Cassiopeia is safely behind the shroud of the Briar patch Nebula....and she can whip up a mean plate of Falaxian steak and Lissepian eggs! [:'(]

[image]local://upfiles/35889/9D3518B2CB0A479983746DC460D63003.jpg[/image]

Caesar_Augustus -> RE: [Release]Star Wars Mod- ROTS Update! (6/15/2011 7:36:16 PM)

ehsumrell1 and Igard...

I'm shocked! Shocked! [X(]

Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI