RE: [Release]Star Wars Mod- ROTS Update! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding

Data -> RE: [Release]Star Wars Mod- ROTS Update! (6/15/2011 7:52:35 PM)

I am too, I openly accuse such behavior.....better be covert (I mean cloaked) about it.

Igard -> RE: [Release]Star Wars Mod- ROTS Update! (6/15/2011 10:39:28 PM)

Ok guys, we'd better stop flooding lordxorn's Star Wars thread with lewd Star Trek references.

From now on, only lewd references to Twi'lek dancing girls please.[:D]

ehsumrell1 -> RE: [Release]Star Wars Mod- ROTS Update! (6/15/2011 11:25:08 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Igard

Ok guys, we'd better stop flooding lordxorn's Star Wars thread with lewd Star Trek references.

From now on, only lewd references to Twi'lek dancing girls please.[:D]

Ummm....does Lordxorn have a Cargobay with dancing girls? Just curious (Tee hee!) [sm=00000506.gif]

(i.e. warming up the transporter coils now!)

[image]local://upfiles/35889/51BFAF141FB3473A8811EB7D2026841A.gif[/image]

....needed to get there before Data and his 'multiple techniques'! [:D]

Data -> RE: [Release]Star Wars Mod- ROTS Update! (6/16/2011 5:47:47 AM)

The sly one managed to get the attention away from his own cargobay....but not me. Going undercover....

ehsumrell1 -> RE: [Release]Star Wars Mod- ROTS Update! (6/16/2011 4:12:37 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Data

The sly one managed to get the attention away from his own cargobay....but not me. Going undercover....

Damn.....MUST find a way to keep my shields up in the Briar Patch.....[:-]

ehsumrell1 -> RE: [Release]Star Wars Mod- ROTS Update! (6/16/2011 4:25:50 PM)

Yeah......made my choice! Those Imperial sentries were pretty tough! But we Sona' have
jedi-like mind tricks as well.....

....isn't she lovely? STAY AWAY DATA! She's MINE! [:D]

[image]local://upfiles/35889/0A6375F2FD4648E397339470E9EF4EA0.gif[/image]

lordxorn -> RE: [Release]Star Wars Mod- ROTS Update! (6/16/2011 6:19:33 PM)

Any kind of Sci Fi nerdom is cool in my thread =P

Anyways,

To answer the question about the complete Star Wars universe, during the time I picked which is the New Hope Rebellion, it is REALLY hard to find good quality top down ship images to make into a complete mod for each of the Gazillion races that are famous in Star Wars.

On top of that I was waiting for expanded mod support to further motivate me, however since I have gone back to College and am struggling, this project has taken a backseat to a development project of my own sadly.

However,

I extend my server to all the modders here for direct download hosting, with no file hosting spam ware wait 30 secs, ad crap. =P

If you guys would like to upload something, PM me and I will see about adding login details with your own directories.

J HG T -> RE: [Release]Star Wars Mod- ROTS Update! (6/16/2011 6:20:32 PM)

Hey, Guys! What's going o...
*stops on his tracks*
Ooookaaayyy...
*Slowly backs outside and closes the door*

ehsumrell1 -> RE: [Release]Star Wars Mod- ROTS Update! (6/16/2011 7:07:50 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: J HG T

Hey, Guys! What's going o...
*stops on his tracks*
Ooookaaayyy...
*Slowly backs outside and closes the door*

Oops.....sorry! Forgot about those of you who might be from the Religious Clan! [X(]

Just set your scanners on 'narrow' beam! [sm=00000117.gif]

Data -> RE: [Release]Star Wars Mod- ROTS Update! (6/16/2011 7:10:40 PM)

[sm=00000968.gif]

tjhkkr -> RE: [Release]Star Wars Mod- ROTS Update! (6/19/2011 7:37:42 PM)

quote:

Hey tj. My favourite host for game files is gamefront :- http://www.gamefront.com/files/upload
No need to register or login. Just upload your file (zip it first) and copy the url.

Okay, I will do that when I get back from vacation. :)

And no, I will not be stealing ale or Orion Slave girls from IGard's cargo bay...
Despite that I think vacation should still be fun. [:)][:D][;)]

Data -> RE: [Release]Star Wars Mod- ROTS Update! (6/19/2011 7:53:14 PM)

Better be, cargo bay dependency is not indicated...for the rest of you [:D]

sxp -> RE: [Release]Star Wars Mod- ROTS Update! (6/29/2011 2:23:18 PM)

Hello,

i have a problem with that mod. When i want to choose a race in Game-Setup, it crashes with Array-Out-of-Bounce, is this mod compatible to the newest clientversion of dw:rots ?

sxp -> RE: [Release]Star Wars Mod- ROTS Update! (7/1/2011 7:29:54 PM)

Ok, reply to myself ;)

i found a solution getting Star-Wars-Mod working again, if someone had same issues like me (i suggest almost everbody), here my workaround:

The only file that makes problems is the races.txt. I was very sceptical about the amount of races are in that file: 21 standard races + 2 from SW.

Every modding-guide and at least the file itself is warning about de-/increasing the amount of races (default: 21), so i started to comment 2 races out (no. 18 and 19) and copied the imperials and rebels to that places and changed their index to 18/19.
The last step was to rename the modded images in the subfolder from e.g: xxx22xxx.jpg to xxx18xxx.jpg to direct the modded SW:resources like avatars to the right race.

Sorry for my bad english, im a bit out of train, but if you have any questions, ask me, i also give support in german :P

greetings
sxp

Data -> RE: [Release]Star Wars Mod- ROTS Update! (7/2/2011 8:01:10 AM)

Good to hear you're ok now, sxp, have tons of fun

Tirane -> RE: [Release]Star Wars Mod- ROTS Update! (9/19/2011 5:50:38 AM)

Is this mod supposed to change the races or am I not using the Beta Patch?? where is the Beta patch?

Data -> RE: [Release]Star Wars Mod- ROTS Update! (9/19/2011 7:04:51 AM)

beta patch? afaik this mod is now compatible with ROTS and for this the latest patch was not a beta one.

Tirane -> RE: [Release]Star Wars Mod- ROTS Update! (9/19/2011 8:28:27 PM)

Does this mod just give access to star wars ship sets or replace the races with star wars races. I tried running it but in game set up I just had the usual suspects for races. Am I doing something wrong?

Igard -> RE: [Release]Star Wars Mod- ROTS Update! (9/19/2011 9:38:58 PM)

Hello, Tirane. This mod adds the Galactic Empire and Rebel Alliance to the existing Distant Worlds races. It doesn't replace any of them.

Data -> RE: [Release]Star Wars Mod- ROTS Update! (9/20/2011 7:07:27 AM)

Let's see if there's something you do or not do, what exactly are you doing? [:)]

Gargoil -> RE: [Release]Star Wars Mod- ROTS Update! (9/21/2011 9:29:20 PM)

Some questiions:

1) This mod is working?  I see sxp posted some fix, which if I have to do, I will just skip downloading it.
2) Is there some special setup to start a game - like making the Empire large empire at a advanced tech?
3) How about the Rebels and other races - special set up, how many if any of the others?

Thanks in advance for your answers - and without even downloading yet, I can see this is some nice work.

Igard -> RE: [Release]Star Wars Mod- ROTS Update! (9/22/2011 12:08:09 AM)

1) It worked fine for me when I last played it a while a ago now. Sorry can't test it at this time.

2) I haven't played this mod in a long time so I can't remember the settings I used. I always gave the Empire a slight advantage in tech and made it larger than the Rebels. Always use multiple rebel factions. One Empire against several Rebels.  I remember it was tricky to get a good balance. It's always a bit random in the faction placement and how well the Rebels get on with each other.

3) I don't think the other races are biased against the Empire, so they will be a mixed bag. Some may be swayed against the Rebels, others will fight alongside. I never bothered with them TBH. Just Rebels vs Empire for me.

If you do decide to download, have fun with it. The way I see it, you can have a nice quick game playing as the Empire, or you can have a real challenge and play as the Rebel Alliance. You could try to strike a perfect balance, but it's very difficult.

Data -> RE: [Release]Star Wars Mod- ROTS Update! (9/22/2011 7:49:44 AM)

I also had no problems with it but I've tried it a while ago.

Gareth_Bryne -> RE: [Release]Star Wars Mod- ROTS Update! (9/22/2011 4:54:18 PM)

Oops, delete please.

tjhkkr -> RE: [Release]Star Wars Mod- ROTS Update! (9/22/2011 8:44:26 PM)

Sorry guys
I have been meaning to upload my Star Wars Mod with some races/entities... but I went under the knife/knock out gas yesterday, so I have been preoccupied with that...
No cancer praise God...
But when I was under the knockout gas, I thought I was teleported to IGard's cargo bay and found some ale... I only took some for 'medicinal purposes' Igard... [:D]

I should upload mine Monday. :)
Lile I till everyone, I do not like unusual aliens, but have a lot of human like races from SW...
And some, I just replaced with humans -- like Bothans.

Igard -> RE: [Release]Star Wars Mod- ROTS Update! (9/22/2011 10:16:05 PM)

Hey, TJ. Hope everything is OK and you're doing well.

You're always welcome in the cargobay, just as long as you lock up and switch on the Android detection grid on your way out.[;)]

Looking forward to seeing what you've got in your SW mod.

Data -> RE: [Release]Star Wars Mod- ROTS Update! (9/23/2011 8:51:37 AM)

Yeah TJ, I agree with Igard....about the hope of you being ok and healthy; not about the rest, obviously [:)]

ehsumrell1 -> RE: [Release]Star Wars Mod- ROTS Update! (9/24/2011 12:13:47 AM)

quote:

........ just as long as you lock up and switch on the Android detection grid on your way out.[;)]

For sure TJ ......because he is a Master of Disguise! [:D]

[image]local://upfiles/35889/1A095B89F86942F4B37C686DDD5A2CEA.jpg[/image]

tjhkkr -> RE: [Release]Star Wars Mod- ROTS Update! (9/24/2011 5:07:06 AM)

That sneaky android!
He walked right by me...

Well, being an honest Jedi and all, I was so far under the knockout-gas, ANYONE could have walked by me, and I would have confused them with Data... [:D]

ehsumrell1 -> RE: [Release]Star Wars Mod- ROTS Update! (9/24/2011 8:15:40 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: tjhkkr

That sneaky android!
He walked right by me...

Well, being an honest Jedi and all, I was so far under the knockout-gas, ANYONE could have walked by me, and I would have confused them with Data... [:D]

You weren't near any carbon freeze chambers by any chance were you TJ? [>:]

Page: <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI