RE: Here come the Rebels! (Canoe v. Q-Ball) (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports

Canoerebel -> RE: Here come the Rebels! (Canoe v. Q-Ball) (9/7/2010 7:29:02 PM)

Rainer, thanks! That's good information and good to know that some of the reinforcements arrive in India proper.

JohnDillworth, yes, once Brad gets ports on India's west coast the prospect of a blockade becomes much easier for him. If he does that before I can get the British units arriving at Aden in 19 days to Karachi, I'll be sweating.

Most of the RN is currently at Capetown along with all Allied carriers. Defense of western India at the moment will rest with cruisers and destroyers. That suits me as I don't want to risk a major clash with the KB.

JohnIII, I won't be hitting him hard anywhere yet. I think moving too far forward at this point in the game would just give him chances later in '42 to cut off and destroy Allied troops. Scenario Two is a different animal than Scenario One; and AE is a different animal than WitP.

I think I'm best served in the short term consolidating my grip on important bases currently under my control. If, in the medium term, opportunities arise to take the offensive, I will. But short term I'm going to reinforce my MLR in hopes that I can (1) stop Brad from gobbling any more key bases when the KB returns from India and (2) create the appearance of something menacing developing in the Aleutians.

JohnDillworth -> RE: Here come the Rebels! (Canoe v. Q-Ball) (9/7/2010 7:47:41 PM)

quote:

XXI Indian Corps @ Aden
6th Indian Div (40 XP / 40 morale)
10th Indian Div (75 / 75)
31st Armoured Div (50/50)
8th Indian Div (75 / 75)
5th Indian Div (70 / 70)
XXI Corps Engr Bn

Waziristan Div (60/60) @ Karachi

That's a lot of stuff! If this gets triggered it will eventually cause much trouble for the Empire. Particularly if the political points are available to send this lot on to Burma.

Smeulders -> RE: Here come the Rebels! (Canoe v. Q-Ball) (9/7/2010 7:48:58 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JohnDillworth

quote:

XXI Indian Corps @ Aden
6th Indian Div (40 XP / 40 morale)
10th Indian Div (75 / 75)
31st Armoured Div (50/50)
8th Indian Div (75 / 75)
5th Indian Div (70 / 70)
XXI Corps Engr Bn

Waziristan Div (60/60) @ Karachi

That's a lot of stuff! If this gets triggered it will eventually cause much trouble for the Empire. Particularly if the political points are available to send this lot on to Burma.

I'm guessing they are all unrestricted from the start, seeing as you won't get them in India otherwise. I wouldn't hope on getting it activated though, Delhi is quite far to the North.

Canoerebel -> RE: Here come the Rebels! (Canoe v. Q-Ball) (9/7/2010 7:56:43 PM)

Huh? I think the trigger is if the Japanese appear south of Delhi, right? That means an invasion of places like Madras, Viz, Trivandrum, Mangalore, Bombay or Karachi would trigger reinforcements. I think the only places the Japanese can invade without triggering reinforcements are Ceylon and NE India around Chittagong/Calcutta.

So, Smeulders, I think you or wrong or that I am misunderstanding your post.

crsutton -> RE: Here come the Rebels! (Canoe v. Q-Ball) (9/7/2010 7:59:52 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nemo121

Well, Ceylon will be a bleeding sore to the IJAAF and IJNAF. Put some subs in the ports to pick up downed pilots and sweep to your hearts content. Bring in some USAAF squadrons from CONUSA via the Atlantic etc and you'll find that it ought to be possible to turn Ceylon into a negative for the Japanese.

Also, amphibious invasions into the DEI tend to come from Oz and could be routed via Capetown. So, losing Ceylon doesn't necessitate its retaking so long as you are willing to take the Cocos Islands and northern/eastern Oz.

Nemo this is scen #2. I think CR will confirm that the Japanese air force is just all too powerful well into 1944. I am in 2/43 in my game and even though I have lost about 1800 fewer planes than Japan, my opponent does seem to be at all bothered. He can still take total fighter superiority anywhere he wants. He has about a gadjillion tojos in his pool-not to mention zeros and oscars whereas two days of heavy air combat leaves me with no fighter reserves. It is quite obscene [:@] but a reality.. The sweep is not a possiblity for the Allies in scen #2 until much later as the losses can not be replaced.

It is so bad that I don't even bother using medium bombers anymore as they just get slaughtered and I have no replacements anyways. The only thing that keeps them honest is the heavy bombers and there just are not enough of them.

Bullwinkle58 -> RE: Here come the Rebels! (Canoe v. Q-Ball) (9/7/2010 8:04:24 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Canoerebel

Huh? I think the trigger is if the Japanese appear south of Delhi, right? That means an invasion of places like Madras, Viz, Trivandrum, Mangalore, Bombay or Karachi would trigger reinforcements. I think the only places the Japanese can invade without triggering reinforcements are Ceylon and NE India around Chittagong/Calcutta.

From that thread I posted the link to, I read it as a line 1 hex south of Dehli must be passed to trigger. IOW, NORTH of 1-hex south of Dehli. So, pretty far north. Not the Madras coast.

Andy Mac's comment to stay away from Dehli seems to reenforce this idea.

Edit: Assuming that line runs west to the coast (but not out to the IO to include Socotra), it intersects at the latitude of Ahmedabad.

Canoerebel -> RE: Here come the Rebels! (Canoe v. Q-Ball) (9/7/2010 8:30:07 PM)

I think I must be mistaken due to the fact that there are areas to either side of a line. I thought traveling in the area south of Delhi was the trigger, but apparently you guys are saying it's the area to the NORTH of that line.

Further confusing is the fact that you can draw a line in any of four directions since we are playing with hexsides. So, what moves trigger the rieinforcements depends upon which way you draw the line. Here are the options:

1) North-South: This one doesn't make sense, becasue it includes bases like Calcutta and Chittagong, and I think we all agree that the Japanese can attack there without penalty.

2) East-West: This would mean that Ahmadenabad, Delhi, and Karachi are in the protected zone.

3. NE-SW: This would protect most of southern and western India.

4: NW-SE: This would protect only Delhi.

So which line is it? I assume it's the "east-west" (on the game map, not the real-life map) line.

Smeulders -> RE: Here come the Rebels! (Canoe v. Q-Ball) (9/7/2010 8:44:30 PM)

quote:

I meant that Delhi is rather far to the North for your opponent to get North of the line that is one hex South of Delhi (game-orientation). That would be option 2 you give in the other post, though I wouldn't know if Ahmadenabad is just inside or just outside the protected zone.

witpqs -> RE: Here come the Rebels! (Canoe v. Q-Ball) (9/7/2010 8:57:31 PM)

And I don't recall if the line is near Delhi or Bombay, but I know the line runs left to right on the map.

Canoerebel -> RE: Here come the Rebels! (Canoe v. Q-Ball) (9/7/2010 9:08:42 PM)

Okay, then I think this is the line in the sand. Move north of the line in blue on the map and it triggers reinforcements. But I agree that if Japan advances that far then it is well within their power to impose a blockade into Karachi.

Short term, my goal remains to get to Karachi the UK units that arrive in Aden in about 19 days.

Medium and longer term...well, this remains to be seen.

[image]local://upfiles/8143/3715A87D18CA4F09872BC78D4C784A83.jpg[/image]

ckammp -> RE: Here come the Rebels! (Canoe v. Q-Ball) (9/7/2010 9:26:55 PM)

From an old post by AndyMac:

"Allied reinforcements in India arrive if a line parallel to Delhi is crossed so an attack on Karachi would trigger them."

Full thread here:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2254916&mpage=1&key=allied%2Cinvasion%2Creinforcements?

aprezto -> RE: Here come the Rebels! (Canoe v. Q-Ball) (9/7/2010 9:42:12 PM)

Just a little more on the reinforcements if he triggers them. We've discussed the availability of new units and how you'd get them into the fight, however, what you will also get is a massive injection of new equipment: ground troops and devices, and aircraft. These will not be able to be blockaded and can be used to boost or strengthen your fighting units and air units.

Bullwinkle58 -> RE: Here come the Rebels! (Canoe v. Q-Ball) (9/7/2010 9:56:40 PM)

quote:

I think I must be mistaken due to the fact that there are areas to either side of a line. I thought traveling in the area south of Delhi was the trigger, but apparently you guys are saying it's the area to the NORTH of that line.

Further confusing is the fact that you can draw a line in any of four directions since we are playing with hexsides. So, what moves trigger the rieinforcements depends upon which way you draw the line. Here are the options:

1) North-South: This one doesn't make sense, becasue it includes bases like Calcutta and Chittagong, and I think we all agree that the Japanese can attack there without penalty.

2) East-West: This would mean that Ahmadenabad, Delhi, and Karachi are in the protected zone.

3. NE-SW: This would protect most of southern and western India.

4: NW-SE: This would protect only Delhi.

So which line is it? I assume it's the "east-west" (on the game map, not the real-life map) line.

I just took the x,y coordinate and drove across the bottom of that hex to the coast. I think that makes the most logical sense.

Making it activate anywhere south of that line would, as you say, eliminate any hope of a Japanese campaign in India. Calcutta, Chittagong et al would be triggers. Oddly though, if the Japanese player could somehow drop paras north of the line without setting foot in India (from China somehow) THAT wouldn't activate the reenforcements. And that would be a pretty dumb design move.

I think the reenforcements at north of the 1-hex line make manifest the geopolitical realities I think the devs were after. In March 1942 the British Empire was pressed to the wall, in Africa in particular. To get the reenforcements listed to Aden at all would have meant running the Med's hefty U-boat gauntlet. They are substantial reenforcements. I don't think London would have sent them as soon as a company of bakers and candlestick makers waded ashore near Madras. But by the time a force substantial enough to drive to the gates of Dehli had done so, London would have had no choice but to bite the bullet.

I think it's north of the 1-hex south line. The real question then is whether that line extends to the west coast, or terminates somewhere on the way. I'd bet it goes to the west coast. But we don't know. But then, neither does Q.

princep01 -> RE: Here come the Rebels! (Canoe v. Q-Ball) (9/8/2010 2:42:58 AM)

Canoe, frankly if the Japanese clear that much of India and destroy your land forces in reaching it, what difference does the freakin' line make anyway? Stop with all the line drawing and go kill some Japs. Better yet, go kill a lot of Japs. You're running out of places to run. Why not commit the large carrier force you have available in South Africa! The KB cannot stay in the area all that long if his air group it is used for land support. Hang around until the KB takes a smoke break and kick the living daylights out of any surface forces, transports or the little KB. That ought to get his hemroids in an uproar. Forget the freakin' line and prepare a nice , big, fat trap while he is extended way, way out there.

I fully realize there are real limits to Allied "rashness" at this stage, but you've spent the AAR wringing your hands about Australia, then Hawaii, and now India, all the while running like a scalded dog. Turn on the extended Jap and look for ways to take a nice, rabid bite out of his hide.

In addition, I totally disagree re your reluctance to grab outposts in the eastern Pacific while the KB is known to be 2000 miles away. Make him react to you for a change. You get few enough opportunities at this stage. Wake, Marcus, the Kuriles, even Tarawa are nice spots to nabb and build up. Yes, he can probably take one of more of them back by pulling KB out of the fracas in India and steaming helter-skelter across the Pacific. Let him. If you blunt his drive on Ceylon and make him burn that much fuel for a Wake or Tarawa....amen and bring it on Mr Jap.

Bullwinkle58 -> RE: Here come the Rebels! (Canoe v. Q-Ball) (9/8/2010 3:50:44 AM)

Was it Stalin who said "Quantity has a quality all its own"?

Nice thoughts about "kicking" the Japanese out of the India theater, well, tomorrow, if not sooner.

Now go count HIS divisions, and then count CR's divisions at the moment. Then consult Stalin.

princep01 -> RE: Here come the Rebels! (Canoe v. Q-Ball) (9/8/2010 4:06:22 AM)

Bull, Stalin is dead.

As I said, it is about hitting the enemy where he ain't and hurting him thru positioning where he ain't even when he is "in" the theater. In the beginning stages of this extension into Ceylon, the Japanese will NOT outnumber the available total CW forces, unless the Allies try the fatal "defend everything". It is a BIG theater and KB has endurance limits that can be exploited. Certainly this is not a call for a general offensive, but the eastern Pacific is also vulnerable here and there while KB is in the IO. The Allies can play a proactive defense during periods like this and they do have adequate forces to make limited offensive moves.

All this worry-warting about the New Delhi Line is just baltant defeatism....Stalin knew how to handle that too:).

Grfin Zeppelin -> RE: Here come the Rebels! (Canoe v. Q-Ball) (9/8/2010 5:39:41 AM)

Attacking somewhere else for the sake of it sounds like opportunism for me and slugging it out or even risking something in the central pacific serves no purpose.If Q-ball sees the allied carriers in the central pacific he couldnt care less and has free reign in the gulf of Bengal in a maybe critical moment.Would be a funny thing if Q-ball achieved auto victory because Canoerebel grabbed Wake and Tarawa ^^

Rainer79 -> RE: Here come the Rebels! (Canoe v. Q-Ball) (9/8/2010 6:58:37 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: aprezto

Just a little more on the reinforcements if he triggers them. We've discussed the availability of new units and how you'd get them into the fight, however, what you will also get is a massive injection of new equipment: ground troops and devices, and aircraft. These will not be able to be blockaded and can be used to boost or strengthen your fighting units and air units.

That's true.

The invasion convoy consists of
30x Merchant ship (supplies)
24x 3" Mortar
72x Bren AAMG (x2)
72x 25 Pounder Gun
30x Valentine III Tank
24x Vickers Section
36x Bren Section
216x Indian Inf '42
36x 4,5" Field Gun
24x 40mm Bofors
216x Brit Inf '43
24x 5,25" AA Gun
30x Humber IV
240x Motorized Support
72x Frontier Scouts (IIRC to unrestrict the units near the Afghan border)
72x Hurricane IIa Trop
36x Vengeance I
72x Wellington Ic
24x Catalina I
72x Spitfire VIII

BTW I've also made one mistake with my previous list. 6th Indian Div arrives at Abadan and not at Aden like the rest.

Canoerebel -> RE: Here come the Rebels! (Canoe v. Q-Ball) (9/8/2010 12:37:26 PM)

Rainer, thanks again for helpful information.  I assume Q-Ball also has this information, and I doubt he wants to trigger these reinforcements.  I wonder what those 216x Brit Inf '43 are needed for?  I have the cadres of three UK regiments evacuated from Ceylon to Madras and now heading to Bombay - just 2 AV each.  But they'll be available to accept reinforcements once the parent units surrender. 

Two early thoughts about how to defend if Brad invades India: (1) instead of troops to Karachi, I need to prepare and defend an MLR further to the south (unlikely that Brad would invade Karachi and immediately trigger the reinforcements); and (2) make sure my units have a good line to retreat toward the Karachi '"pocket" so that they are in a position to accept reinforcements.

Princep, this is the most fun part of the game.  Playing Scenario Two against a very good opponent means there is a risk of auto-victory in '42.  Part of the fun has been trying to guess where he would go, and to prepare.  I needed to know where "the line" is in order to know what's going to happen.  As for kicking butt, I am following my long-range plan to accomplish just that.  I don't think Brad is going to conquer India, but I do think he wants - above all else - to draw the Allied carriers into battle under favorable terms.  I don't want to do that.  Come 1944, it makes essentially no difference whether I have Baker or Tarawa or Wake or Onnekotan Jima or Timor.  I'll be able to go wherever I want to, even though the fighting will be bloody.  What will make a difference is if I lose CAs, BBs, or carriers in fights that don't help me strategically.

Bullwinkle58 -> RE: Here come the Rebels! (Canoe v. Q-Ball) (9/8/2010 1:28:47 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: princep01

Bull, Stalin is dead.

As I said, it is about hitting the enemy where he ain't and hurting him thru positioning where he ain't even when he is "in" the theater. In the beginning stages of this extension into Ceylon, the Japanese will NOT outnumber the available total CW forces, unless the Allies try the fatal "defend everything". It is a BIG theater and KB has endurance limits that can be exploited. Certainly this is not a call for a general offensive, but the eastern Pacific is also vulnerable here and there while KB is in the IO. The Allies can play a proactive defense during periods like this and they do have adequate forces to make limited offensive moves.

All this worry-warting about the New Delhi Line is just baltant defeatism....Stalin knew how to handle that too:).

The problem is, his opponent IS in the Indian theater, and hitting him here, in CR's current posture, in anything but the most perfect manner combined with good dice rolls, gives Q the auto-victory 8 times out of 10.

Doing something in the east is nice, but not determinative. It also shows Q where CR's main naval forces aren't--in the IO. That would be precious info over the next 90 days. That said, I believe it's an open question whether CR should be quite so shy about his carriers. They may need to be sacrificed to stop this IO campaign. CR gets more; Q not so many. Maintaining the early USN carriers is a good strategy, unless they can be used to stop an auto-victory. CR isn't at that point yet. He may come to it. If he does I hope he has the fortitude to do what must be done. I think he will.

CR has a lot of AV here and there in the theater as he detailed yesterday. But a lot of it is crap quality and the good Brit units are, while not fragile, not deep in device pools either. If they get broken they'll stay that way until this is over one way or the other. Plus, if he pulls the drips and drabs into central bastions, like Bombay, Calcutta, or Madras, he begins to sustain daily garrison-shortage VP losses, plus damage to infrastucture. He may need to do that too, but not until he knows Q's intended campaign path.

Canoerebel -> RE: Here come the Rebels! (Canoe v. Q-Ball) (9/8/2010 2:40:02 PM)

3/12/42 to 3/14/42

Ceylon: Japan has taken the three small bases but hasn't yet tried a probing attack at the two big ones. Brad now has 1.67 divisions at Trincomalee - enough to take the city once the three forts are reduced. Then these troops head to Colombo and that should tip the scales there. I think the Allies may have two to three weeks to work with before Ceylon is a Japanese colony.

India: Nothing major happening yet. Just small things: (1) RN ASW finished off I-123 near Karachi; (2) SigInt once again says 53rd Division is prepping for Diamond Harbor, but later reveals that this unit is at Osaka; but on the 14th SigInt says part of 2nd Division is prepping for that base...and I think 2nd Division is one of those that are available for duty; (3) I'm shifting one Indian brigade from Chittagong to Surat, the port north of Bombay; (4) CV Formidable just arrived at Capetown; (5) DD Isaac Swears just arrived at Colombo, so she'll have to run the gauntlet to reach Karachi; (6) Japanese troops just landed at Christmas Island and there are IJ TFs just north of Addu and Deigo - possibly invasions or else picket ships; (7) 17 days now until 400 UK AV arrive at Aden and 300 Indian AV at Madras.

DEI: Soerabaja held against a 1:1 attack on the 14th.

Philippines: Brad has been regularly bombarding at Clark Field for more than a month now. His force only consists of about 2/3rds the AV of the Allied force. The only IJA division present is the 4th.

Australia: A TF just visited Palm Island. At first I thought it was bringing supplies or reinforcement, but now I wonder if Brad might have evacuated the lone unit. The only other activity is the Japanese advance toward Daly Waters. He has 600 AV and my force is only about 100 AV, so he can keep pushing as far as Alice Springs. I'll bring reinforcements forward to hold that base if it should be threateneed.

SoPac and CenPac: The Allies continue to shuttle forward support units like AA and engineers while awaiting for some unrestricted infantry to arrive at the West Coast. Two Marine regiments are due within the next month.

NoPac: The Allies just sent an army battalion forward to Umnak Island; a second will head for Amchitka in about a week. I want to beef up the garrisons in the Aluetians both for defensive purposes and to give the appearance of a growing menace - as though I had intentions on hitting the Kuriles while Brad was off in India.

Subwars: I-5 sank two ASW YP off San Fran. Seal got a big AK near Sabang.

John 3rd -> RE: Here come the Rebels! (Canoe v. Q-Ball) (9/8/2010 3:33:59 PM)

quote:

Canoe, frankly if the Japanese clear that much of India and destroy your land forces in reaching it, what difference does the freakin' line make anyway? Stop with all the line drawing and go kill some Japs. Better yet, go kill a lot of Japs. You're running out of places to run. Why not commit the large carrier force you have available in South Africa! The KB cannot stay in the area all that long if his air group it is used for land support. Hang around until the KB takes a smoke break and kick the living daylights out of any surface forces, transports or the little KB. That ought to get his hemroids in an uproar. Forget the freakin' line and prepare a nice , big, fat trap while he is extended way, way out there.

I fully realize there are real limits to Allied "rashness" at this stage, but you've spent the AAR wringing your hands about Australia, then Hawaii, and now India, all the while running like a scalded dog. Turn on the extended Jap and look for ways to take a nice, rabid bite out of his hide.

In addition, I totally disagree re your reluctance to grab outposts in the eastern Pacific while the KB is known to be 2000 miles away. Make him react to you for a change. You get few enough opportunities at this stage. Wake, Marcus, the Kuriles, even Tarawa are nice spots to nabb and build up. Yes, he can probably take one of more of them back by pulling KB out of the fracas in India and steaming helter-skelter across the Pacific. Let him. If you blunt his drive on Ceylon and make him burn that much fuel for a Wake or Tarawa....amen and bring it on Mr Jap.

While not so strong, I concur--as stated earlier--with these sentiments.

Since I don't have a turn to do this morning, I am living someone else's game!

1. Your proactive moves into the Aleutians are excellent. Is is aggressive with very little risk involved. If he tries to move here, with no Recon, you might have the opportunity of REALLY giving him a bloody nose on an invasion.

2. For 'safe' offensive thoughts, what about driving him out of Australia? You've brought in some American units and I imagine you've got a good amount of airpower present. USE this and stage your own offensive to take advantage of the massed commitment in India.

You said that he is advancing with only 600 Assault Value on his next target? It wouldn't take much in terms of troops and Forts to stop that cold and then you can begin to drive him back.

Another Aussie thought is one you mentioned earlier. Stage a limited invasion along the coast and force him to think more defensively along his Aussie flanks.

3. Begin raids along the Japanese bases:

a. Why not use your Aleutian outposts, once fuel gets there, as a Staging Point for bombardment runs and/or STF sweeps of Paramushiro Jima?

b. Use some surface assets and run them out of Pago Pago or Suva hitting targets in the Marshalls.

c. Hit his Rear Bases in Australia.

There is risk here but also good chance of success. You also raise the distraction factor to make him react.

Chickenboy -> RE: Here come the Rebels! (Canoe v. Q-Ball) (9/8/2010 3:46:31 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rainer79
216x Brit Inf '43

72x Hurricane IIa Trop
36x Vengeance I
72x Wellington Ic
72x Spitfire VIII

In particular, these reinforcements well and truly stink for the Japanese. This will go a long ways to stopping up his aerial works and stiffening your LCU defenses...

crsutton -> RE: Here come the Rebels! (Canoe v. Q-Ball) (9/8/2010 3:48:00 PM)

quote:

Ooooooohhh....Is this Canoe baiting?[:D]

crsutton -> RE: Here come the Rebels! (Canoe v. Q-Ball) (9/8/2010 4:01:36 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

216x Brit Inf '43

72x Hurricane IIa Trop
36x Vengeance I
72x Wellington Ic
72x Spitfire VIII

In particular, these reinforcements well and truly stink for the Japanese. This will go a long ways to stopping up his aerial works and stiffening your LCU defenses...

Well the spitfire VIIIs would be very sweet but frankly the addition of 150 fighters to the Allied OOB would not dramatically alter things in scen #2. A good Japanese player will be producing that many tojos per month by mid 42, and can just grind them away in a couple of weeks.

However, the armored division does really look nice. I have gotten to 2/43 in my game and how I would so love to have a bonifiedl armored division. It would make all the difference in Oz and could be some fun in India as well.

Canoerebel -> RE: Here come the Rebels! (Canoe v. Q-Ball) (9/8/2010 4:06:44 PM)

Canoe-bating! :)

There are two ways to approach Brad's moves: (1) by kicking and screaming and gouging everywhere; (2) by cooly evaluating what's going on, sticking to my plan, and striking when and where I'm ready.

That's not a not-so-veiled criticsm of the first option. Many of the best players would (and have) employed the first with very good results. In fact, even I have done that in prior games. There's a reasonable chance of success and it makes good theater.

But this time I am determined to do things differently, and I can because I'm the CiC and there's no political cost to be paid.

So, there won't be any bold Allied strikes in the near term. My carriers are where I want them at the moment, and I want to see what develops before I do anything major. In the meantime, I'll continue trying to set things up for 1943.

Chickenboy -> RE: Here come the Rebels! (Canoe v. Q-Ball) (9/8/2010 4:19:52 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: crsutton

quote:

quote:

216x Brit Inf '43

72x Hurricane IIa Trop
36x Vengeance I
72x Wellington Ic
72x Spitfire VIII

Well the spitfire VIIIs would be very sweet but frankly the addition of 150 fighters to the Allied OOB would not dramatically alter things in scen #2. A good Japanese player will be producing that many tojos per month by mid 42, and can just grind them away in a couple of weeks.

However, the armored division does really look nice. I have gotten to 2/43 in my game and how I would so love to have a bonifiedl armored division. It would make all the difference in Oz and could be some fun in India as well.

Hi crsutton,

I think you may be exaggerating the IJ production system. Tojos don't come online until 9/42. It will take some time to repair factories, etc. to get things moving towards full Tojo production. Things will be decided in India quite some time before then, I assure you. The Hurricanes and Spits will be a very welcome stopgap for the Allies and more than a match for available IJN or IJAAF airframes of that time.

Grfin Zeppelin -> RE: Here come the Rebels! (Canoe v. Q-Ball) (9/8/2010 4:24:47 PM)

In scen 2 the Tojo comes online in 6/42.

Chickenboy -> RE: Here come the Rebels! (Canoe v. Q-Ball) (9/8/2010 4:28:06 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gräfin Zeppelin

D'oh! I forgot that Canoerebel got sucker...I mean agreed to the terms of scenario 2 with Q-ball. In that case, beacoup Tojos may be expected on the front on or around 7/42.

Grfin Zeppelin -> RE: Here come the Rebels! (Canoe v. Q-Ball) (9/8/2010 4:40:44 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gräfin Zeppelin

D'oh! I forgot that Canoerebel got sucker...I mean agreed to the terms of scenario 2 with Q-ball.

[sm=00000289.gif]

Page: <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI