RE: Bid Thee Return (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports

SuluSea -> RE: Bid Thee Return (8/18/2011 7:35:59 PM)

Very sorry to hear this game ended. Dan you handeled this with an incredible amount of class, if my opinion means anything.

Crackaces -> Auto-Victory (8/19/2011 3:17:30 PM)

I posted in the other forum a thought that Auto-victory depends on teh premise that the Allies would still assume that Hitler is teh main threat. Once Japan starts being a threat greater than the historical premise, than the historical withdrawals for example become unrealistic. "Yes Yes I know the Japs are just 10 miles from Karachi but we need those planes to mount an air campaign on Germany ..."

I had suggested a variable PP system based on Japanese gains that is Japan is more agressive than histoircal they face more units and resistance. This initself is historical as Japan understood that they must use force wisely within the context of contesting colonies under imperialsim, a debatible subject rather than use force unwisely. Thus the plan to conquer the DEI but not the land of Oz ..

So rather than remove the auto-victory I still suggest the developers make it more difficult as the conquest goes on .. but what do I know :)

Cribtop -> RE: Auto-Victory (8/19/2011 4:35:28 PM)

An interesting suggestion. IIRC part of Shattered Sword or Fire in the Sky talked about how Japanese success in early 42 did lead to at least some units and production lines intended for the ETO being switched to PTO. Not a full re-ordering of "Germany First" of course, but a slight weakening of it.

Page: <<   < prev  60 61 62 63 [64]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI