RE: Problems with mouse-performance. (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support

Tzar007 -> RE: Problems with mouse-performance. (12/11/2010 1:03:19 AM)

That's great news. Thanks Erik

Templer_12 -> RE: Problems with mouse-performance. (12/11/2010 10:23:03 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Indy68

I have found that mouseclick -problem disappears when playing in the default window size. In full screen window (1920x1200) the game is sluggish, almost unplayable. Using slow click technique as described above helps, but interestingly it doesn't help to move the mouse over hex and wait a few seconds and then fast click. I guess the GUI thread is somehow busy (maybe not in CPU, but in GPU) , even though nothing seems to be updated in the screen (maybe the screen is still repainted too frequently, causing slugginesh)

Also, when click doesn't cause the expected action, the mouse click sound is still heard. This indicates that the actual click is noticed by the application, but if GUI is busy doing something it forgets to do the actual action.

GUI slugginesh affects everything including menu response time, scrolling, etc. I highlighted the weird thing because no change/animation is visible in the game screen but even menu is still slow. Setting graphics to low quality and sounds off doesn't help at all. Only small window size helps.

This is the single most frustrating problem, and so far the only technical issue I have encountered.

I've not tested it extensively, but I also feel that with smaller window size, everything works a bit better. [&:]

Helpless -> RE: Problems with mouse-performance. (12/11/2010 11:32:48 AM)

Some effect could have high CPU usage due to redraw bug in map mode.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2644269

Templer_12 -> RE: Problems with mouse-performance. (12/11/2010 12:03:07 PM)

Could the the Hyper-Threading Technology on my system count on this?

blastpop -> RE: Problems with mouse-performance. (12/11/2010 1:29:44 PM)

With about one hour of testing on my part, the mouse fix seems to be working thus far. Up to that point it was a minor annoyance, but the improvement is now very noticeable.

Bobswanson53 -> RE: Problems with mouse-performance. (12/11/2010 6:06:21 PM)

Ive got the same slow mouse response probems as you guys. A slower click, two clicks, or click and hold seems to help. Scrolling could also be better. Hope a working patch is downloadable soon. Great game otherwise.

Joel Billings -> RE: Problems with mouse-performance. (12/11/2010 7:29:59 PM)

You can try adjusting the scroll speed in the preference screen to get a better scroll.

Erik Rutins -> RE: Problems with mouse-performance. (12/11/2010 8:21:51 PM)

Please try the new v1.01 Public Beta 1:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2646379

ignikharion -> RE: Problems with mouse-performance. (12/11/2010 8:47:04 PM)

Does the beta parch definitely solve the slow clicking issue?

Had the same problem with WitP and it restrains me from buying WitE [:(]

blastpop -> RE: Problems with mouse-performance. (12/11/2010 8:48:19 PM)

Erik,

Is this fix the same as was sent out yesterday to folks or does it contain more changes than that?

Fulton -> RE: Problems with mouse-performance. (12/11/2010 9:24:22 PM)

Issue 100% fixed on both my laptop and netbook.  Able to play now on my netbook which makes me very very pleased indeed!!!

Thanks guys!!!!!!!!!

josh

Helpless -> RE: Problems with mouse-performance. (12/11/2010 10:01:17 PM)

quote:

Issue 100% fixed on both my laptop and netbook. Able to play now on my netbook which makes me very very pleased indeed!!!

Josh, just curious - what are the specs of your netbook?

Erik Rutins -> RE: Problems with mouse-performance. (12/11/2010 10:23:53 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: blastpop
Is this fix the same as was sent out yesterday to folks or does it contain more changes than that?

A few more updates - if you received a test exe, please download and install the public beta to be completely up to date.

Regards,

- Erik

papajack -> RE: Problems with mouse-performance. (12/11/2010 11:33:44 PM)

Before/after the patch , I still have problem with deliberate attack, you need to click couple times to get the attack to work ...I have no problem with hasty attack

darrellb9 -> RE: Problems with mouse-performance. (12/11/2010 11:42:57 PM)

Thanks for the quick fix guys. [&o]

Much better than before. Still have to click more than once occasionally but only a minor annoyance as opposed to something that would keep me from playing the game and regretting the money I'd just spent as it was before.

It looks like a fan-f'ing-tastic game so far btw [:)]

Fulton -> RE: Problems with mouse-performance. (12/12/2010 5:36:52 AM)

Netbook specs are:

Asus EeePC 1000HE
Intel Atom N280 Processor (1.66 GHz, FSB: 667MHz) 2 GB RAM
Intel GMA 950

Windows 7 with very few processes and services running.

Runs ok except if I zoom all the way out then back in I get black areas of the map.

Templer_12 -> RE: Problems with mouse-performance. (12/12/2010 1:40:25 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ignikharion

Does the beta parch definitely solve the slow clicking issue?

Had the same problem with WitP and it restrains me from buying WitE [:(]

Not to 100% yet! [:(]

Templer_12 -> RE: Problems with mouse-performance. (12/12/2010 1:43:03 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: db99

Thanks for the quick fix guys. [&o]

Much better than before. Still have to click more than once occasionally but only a minor annoyance as opposed to something that would keep me from playing the game and regretting the money I'd just spent as it was before.

It looks like a fan-f'ing-tastic game so far btw [:)]

The same here!
Much better but not 100%.

Bobswanson53 -> RE: Problems with mouse-performance. (12/12/2010 4:25:00 PM)

Im 100% good with the patch. All my issues are solved. Thanks so much for the 4 day fix. And great game!

Erik Rutins -> RE: Problems with mouse-performance. (12/12/2010 4:46:53 PM)

The public beta update is now posted as an attachment in the pinned public beta update thread, for anyone who had trouble downloading it from our Members Club.

Regards,

- Erik

mmarquo -> RE: Problems with mouse-performance. (12/18/2010 1:33:31 PM)

My game was working great before the new official update patch, now these mouse issues have surfaced [X(]  for me. I must hold down the mouse for quite some time to move a stack, and if I release too soon after placing the pointer in the desired location hex, then the stack simply drops off somewhere along the way. Please help.

Thanks

Marquo

Helpless -> RE: Problems with mouse-performance. (12/18/2010 2:30:39 PM)

Marquo,

What was the latest beta you tried when it was still ok?

Davekhps -> RE: Problems with mouse-performance. (12/18/2010 3:44:25 PM)

Okay, what's going on with these patches? [:(]

With each successive patch I've watched my mouse performance *degrade*, not improve. Beta 5 was bad, but 1.01 is awful. Again, units dropping out along moves (although I heard this might be due to air interdiction?), the movement paths take longer to show up, and worst of all, when moving either units or stacks (instantly, no animation), there is a 1 second or more lag to reach the end of their move. All of the above must be made with the most deliberate of mouse movements.

Unlike some, I don't recall having any mouse problems out of the box (i.e., no system performance issues, I've got a rig and RAM that ran 1.00 just fine), but now I most definitely do have issues.

mmarquo -> RE: Problems with mouse-performance. (12/18/2010 3:55:40 PM)

Hi Helpless,

I am not sure - it was on I downloaded which also helped me with the font issue. The one which is on the font thread.

Thanks [:)]

Erik Rutins -> RE: Problems with mouse-performance. (12/18/2010 4:08:23 PM)

Hi guys,

All the public betas are still up at ftp.matrixgames.com in the /pub/WarInTheEast folder.

Please give them a try and let us know which one works best for you in terms of mouse performance. I've noticed no degradation from 1.00 to 1.01 or across the public betas, but if you are seeing that we'll need your help to pinpoint where it started for you.

Feel free to also roll back to 1.00 and see how that works for you, there's no requirement to use a particular version if you are having issues with it.

Regards,

- Erik

darrellb9 -> RE: Problems with mouse-performance. (12/18/2010 4:42:23 PM)

I was having mouse problems with 1.00 and up through the beta 4 patch it got faster. Beta 5 was a little slower and the official 1.01, while not as slow as 1.00, is quite a bit slower yet to where I have to wait a second or two before I click the mouse or nothing happens after moving a unit.

System:
Dual p4 xeon 2.4ghz
2gb RAM
ATI Radeon x1650 w/ 512mb
Windows xp pro sp3

Redmarkus5 -> RE: Problems with mouse-performance. (12/18/2010 4:59:37 PM)

The unit's aborting their move issue is much less frequent for me after the latest update, but the delay-in-selection issue and, in particular, an issue where the selected unit becomes de-selected when I shift-click an adjacent hex to set up a deliberate attack, is a minor problem.

mmarquo -> RE: Problems with mouse-performance. (12/18/2010 6:26:34 PM)

Can players with different patches play pbem?

Helpless -> RE: Problems with mouse-performance. (12/18/2010 7:25:29 PM)

1.00 and 1.01 beta 1 have known problem and they are absolutely not recommended to play with. It is still not known why there is a difference reported between other versions.

quote:

Can players with different patches play pbem?

Better not to.

Bobswanson53 -> RE: Problems with mouse-performance. (12/19/2010 3:32:09 AM)

Can we get a time frame for a comprehensive patch? Beta2 worked good for me but the current 101 patch has me part way back to the slow original mouse performance. I guess I can go back and try and download Beta2 but this is getting a little old. Keep up the good effort.

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI