OT-Are you playing that stupid wargame again? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

SargeantTex -> OT-Are you playing that stupid wargame again? (2/9/2011 4:48:40 AM)

I hear this on a daily basis from the wife everytime the morse code sounds on the startup menu sometimes the stupid is replaced with a expletive but I counter with the same thing everytime I hear that corny music on farmville!![:D][:-]

YankeeAirRat -> RE: OT-Are you playing that stupid wargame again? (2/9/2011 4:57:32 AM)

I have a way to avoid that discussion. It is called headphones man!

sdhundt -> RE: OT-Are you playing that stupid wargame again? (2/9/2011 5:00:20 AM)

It's also called a PILLOW over her face, JUST KIDDDDDING :-}

crsutton -> RE: OT-Are you playing that stupid wargame again? (2/9/2011 5:38:36 AM)

I have learned to play the game with the sound off. No need to wave a red cape in front of the bull.....

Fallschirmjager -> RE: OT-Are you playing that stupid wargame again? (2/9/2011 5:50:28 AM)

My gf has begun to complain about my game playing. I just tell her where the Visa card is an that shuts her up [:D]

Until my statment comes and then I cry uncontrollably for a few hours [:(]

Puhis -> RE: OT-Are you playing that stupid wargame again? (2/9/2011 6:32:11 AM)

I guess I'm lucky one. My wife just encouraged me to star another PBEM game... [:D]

Erkki -> RE: OT-Are you playing that stupid wargame again? (2/9/2011 6:48:12 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Puhis
wife

Whats this?!? [&:]

Puhis -> RE: OT-Are you playing that stupid wargame again? (2/9/2011 6:51:15 AM)

WIFE: A married woman, especially in relation to her spouse.

bradfordkay -> RE: OT-Are you playing that stupid wargame again? (2/9/2011 7:05:51 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Puhis

I guess I'm lucky one. My wife just encouraged me to star another PBEM game... [:D]

Hmmm.... It might be time to hire a private detective. [;)]

undercovergeek -> RE: OT-Are you playing that stupid wargame again? (2/9/2011 7:38:06 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: SargeantTex

I hear this on a daily basis from the wife everytime the morse code sounds on the startup menu sometimes the stupid is replaced with a expletive but I counter with the same thing everytime I hear that corny music on farmville!![:D][:-]

mute man, always the mute button...... school boy error

stuman -> RE: OT-Are you playing that stupid wargame again? (2/9/2011 7:56:28 AM)

My wife is happy that I am not out at some bar/pool playing joint, etc. She is ok with it [:)]

ilovestrategy -> RE: OT-Are you playing that stupid wargame again? (2/9/2011 8:50:06 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: stuman

My wife is happy that I am not out at some bar/pool playing joint, etc. She is ok with it [:)]

Same here! [&o]

Itdepends -> RE: OT-Are you playing that stupid wargame again? (2/9/2011 12:05:31 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: crsutton
I have learned to play the game with the sound off. No need to wave a red cape in front of the bull.....

So is this your coming out?

sprior -> RE: OT-Are you playing that stupid wargame again? (2/9/2011 12:30:29 PM)

quote:

My wife is happy that I am not out at some bar/pool playing joint, etc.

That's my rationale too.

USSAmerica -> RE: OT-Are you playing that stupid wargame again? (2/9/2011 1:01:59 PM)

Before I first started up AE, I renamed the sound and video directories to help things move along more quickly.  I've never seen any of the videos nor heard a single sound effect from AE.  [:D]

patrickl -> RE: OT-Are you playing that stupid wargame again? (2/9/2011 1:12:14 PM)

My wife would nag me when I play what she call stupid "load, unload game". [:D]

vettim89 -> RE: OT-Are you playing that stupid wargame again? (2/9/2011 1:21:57 PM)

quote:

That reminds me of a good joke.

Being a divorced guy who lives alone except when the kiddos are over I know not of what you speak, That said, my WiTP PBEM opponent Larry's family referred to me as his mistress. Normally I would be offended but it was just too funny

Bullwinkle58 -> RE: OT-Are you playing that stupid wargame again? (2/9/2011 1:26:32 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: SargeantTex

I substituted the sound clip of the call to General Quarters. Do that and tell her it's a different, new game.

For the record, my lady likes that I have a hobby that keeps me at home and not a golf course. Our computers are in the same room, so we get together time when I play.

I have uploaded the zip file of the GQ sound clip to the Tech forum if anyone is interested. Just unzip it and drop it into the sound folder, after you've backed up your present sound file "1015."

Many, many WITP sound clips are at http://mathubert.free.fr/main_content.htm mostly back in the 2004-2005 era. (Scroll down.) I have never not had one work in AE. I substitute some sounds every so often just to keep it fresh, especially the ground combat and aircraft noises.

Ikazuchi0585 -> RE: OT-Are you playing that stupid wargame again? (2/9/2011 1:49:12 PM)

my gf actually likes the songs that have the pan flute in them

morganbj -> RE: OT-Are you playing that stupid wargame again? (2/9/2011 1:53:26 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: vettim89

quote:

That reminds me of a good joke.

Being a divorced guy who lives alone except when the kiddos are over I know not of what you speak, That said, my WiTP PBEM opponent Larry's family referred to me as his mistress. Normally I would be offended but it was just too funny

It's not so funny when you realize that "mistress" is made up from "mister" and "mattress." [8|]

bush -> RE: OT-Are you playing that stupid wargame again? (2/9/2011 2:19:17 PM)

My tactic is to get up very early so I can have quiet time and not flaunt my addiction in front of my wife's face. Overall though, she is like many others already have mentioned - just happy I am at home and not out drinkin', smokin' and whorein' around.

LST Express -> RE: OT-Are you playing that stupid wargame again? (2/9/2011 3:22:31 PM)

My will is greater than hers.[8D]

Chickenboy -> RE: OT-Are you playing that stupid wargame again? (2/9/2011 5:20:14 PM)

Mine seems to have accepted my plight. She does recall the days before WiTP when I spent much more $ on computer games than I have the last 5 years. Also, with new games comes the new excitement and many 3am nights. She doesn't have to contend with those any longer-this is a more 'mature' addiction. [:D]

Wasn't it crsutton that summarized his 'but honey' points a few months ago? That was classic.

Icedawg -> RE: OT-Are you playing that stupid wargame again? (2/9/2011 6:45:59 PM)

quote:

Damn, I haven't gone out to bars for at least 10 years so this one won't work for me.

But who says I can't develop a craving for those good old glory days and start up again?

(Flash forward to a new future thread: "OT - Anyone know of a good divorce attorney in the greater Syracuse area?")

Arigoth -> RE: OT-Are you playing that stupid wargame again? (2/9/2011 11:58:41 PM)

quote:

Im interested in how you get the sound off. I have examined my wife throughly and have found no off button.

USSAmerica -> RE: OT-Are you playing that stupid wargame again? (2/10/2011 12:40:32 AM)

Dang...I even started typing a reply about renaming the Sound folder...... [:D]

Mynok -> RE: OT-Are you playing that stupid wargame again? (2/10/2011 1:30:26 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Arigoth

quote:

Im interested in how you get the sound off. I have examined my wife throughly and have found no off button.

LMAO! [:D]

drw61 -> RE: OT-Are you playing that stupid wargame again? (2/10/2011 3:35:08 AM)

I cant wait to show this quote to my wife she will get a kick out of it [:D]

quote:

ORIGINAL: Arigoth

quote:

CaptBeefheart -> RE: OT-Are you playing that stupid wargame again? (2/10/2011 8:17:56 AM)

I feel for you guys. Never been married, never cranked up a computer game when I had a gal over. Doesn't fit the dashing bachelor image I try to cultivate. [;)]

Cheers,
CC

berto -> RE: OT-Are you playing that stupid wargame again? (2/10/2011 9:40:20 AM)

My Filipina wife can, by way of her close relatives, relate personally to the War. I pass along to her books about the Pacific War, and she reads them happily. Aside from that, she understands that I'm an IT professional and computer geek, and accepts whatever I do on the computer, including PC war gaming. It helps, too, that -- with eight computers around the house -- we are all computer- and Internet-centric (we don't watch TV, don't go out much, except for concerts). All in all, in this regard, my wife is no problem. Dang, I'm a lucky guy.

Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI