RE: OT-Are you playing that stupid wargame again? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

Bullwinkle58 -> RE: OT-Are you playing that stupid wargame again? (2/15/2011 4:41:47 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Canoerebel

Was her nickname "Stalker Girl"? Do you and CapMandrake move in the same circles?

P.S. I assume that anyone name Brad who likes to sail must have long, wavy blonde hair that renders him a babe magnet whether he wanted to be one or not. Now, you may not have blonde hair, but that's the image I have of you. Kind of like hearing someone on the radio for years and mentally forming a picture that turns out to be wildly inaccurate.

So....what kind of subconscious mental images have we forumites formed of the following:

CapMandrake
Sulu Sea
Chickenboy
Alfred
Terminus

Just to name a few?

I don't know about the face, but Chickenboy's better involve rubber gloves.

Chickenboy -> RE: OT-Are you playing that stupid wargame again? (2/15/2011 4:47:57 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

quote:

Was her nickname "Stalker Girl"? Do you and CapMandrake move in the same circles?

P.S. I assume that anyone name Brad who likes to sail must have long, wavy blonde hair that renders him a babe magnet whether he wanted to be one or not. Now, you may not have blonde hair, but that's the image I have of you. Kind of like hearing someone on the radio for years and mentally forming a picture that turns out to be wildly inaccurate.

So....what kind of subconscious mental images have we forumites formed of the following:

CapMandrake
Sulu Sea
Chickenboy
Alfred
Terminus

Just to name a few?

I don't know about the face, but Chickenboy's better involve rubber gloves.

Nitrile, dude. Nitrile. I have but one question for the moose..."Is it safe?"

Bullwinkle58 -> RE: OT-Are you playing that stupid wargame again? (2/15/2011 4:58:05 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Wha' ?

Cap Mandrake -> RE: OT-Are you playing that stupid wargame again? (2/15/2011 6:27:22 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: EUBanana

My other half refers to WITP as "the bee game", because of the hex map looking like a honeycomb. [:D][:D][:D]

[:D] Turn the hexsides off...you will confuse her.

Cap Mandrake -> RE: OT-Are you playing that stupid wargame again? (2/15/2011 6:39:00 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: bradfordkay

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekkie

Nice topic [:D] With wife and small daughter, itīs really hard to play at home. Fortunately, I spend quite a lot of time in the train while commuting to the job so...Sometimes itīs funny to watch other people trying to realize what the hell Iīm doing on that computer [:)]. Oh, and nights in hotels when I have some meeting or conference abroad are dedicated to gaming as well.

I was playing WITP on my laptop while flying to Honolulu several years ago. A very nice lady form the midwest was sitting next to me and kept glancing over at my screen during the several hours I was working on turn one. Finally she turned to me and asked: "You have a very high IQ, don't you?"

How do you respond to such a question??? I fumbled through a self-effacing response of some sort...

[:D] Here is what she was too polite to say: "You are one of those idiot savants aren't you?"

To which you would reply; "Of course I don't have my underwear. I'm definitely not wearing my underwear. "

LoBaron -> RE: OT-Are you playing that stupid wargame again? (2/15/2011 6:43:28 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

quote:

quote:

Nice topic [:D] With wife and small daughter, itīs really hard to play at home. Fortunately, I spend quite a lot of time in the train while commuting to the job so...Sometimes itīs funny to watch other people trying to realize what the hell Iīm doing on that computer [:)]. Oh, and nights in hotels when I have some meeting or conference abroad are dedicated to gaming as well.

I was playing WITP on my laptop while flying to Honolulu several years ago. A very nice lady form the midwest was sitting next to me and kept glancing over at my screen during the several hours I was working on turn one. Finally she turned to me and asked: "You have a very high IQ, don't you?"

How do you respond to such a question??? I fumbled through a self-effacing response of some sort...

[:D] Here is what she was too polite to say: "You are one of those idiot savants aren't you?"

To which you would reply; "Of course I don't have my underwear. I'm definitely not wearing my underwear. "

That just so made my day! [sm=happy0065.gif]

Cap Mandrake -> RE: OT-Are you playing that stupid wargame again? (2/15/2011 6:45:53 PM)

quote:

If BradfordKay is a babe magnet, this probably illustrates the difference between us. We are both UGA grads. Years ago, while a junior, I was flying home to Miami for spring break, seated beside a very pretty coed from Purdue. We talked about the things we enjoy (my list ran to things like history, hiking, reading, etc.). After we finished, she declared, "You sound like you're 40 years old." Boys, I think I missed a chance there to make some points with a pretty coed. This probably explains my long record of futility in college, too.

<slaps head> Dood...you are supposed to PRETEND to be interested in the things SHE is interested in....even if it is 17th Century French poets. At least you got a good story out of it. [:D]

Schanilec -> RE: OT-Are you playing that stupid wargame again? (2/15/2011 7:06:17 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Wha' ?

The dentist scene from `Marathon Man'.

warspite1 -> RE: OT-Are you playing that stupid wargame again? (2/15/2011 7:07:02 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

Warspite1

Quickly followed by:

"I get my boxer shorts at K-Mart in Cincinnati" [;)].

Bullwinkle58 -> RE: OT-Are you playing that stupid wargame again? (2/15/2011 7:40:00 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Schanilec

Ah. Never saw it. Is it like the dentist scene in "Little Shop of Horrors?" [:)]

Chickenboy -> RE: OT-Are you playing that stupid wargame again? (2/15/2011 7:49:39 PM)

quote:

quote:

Ah. Never saw it. Is it like the dentist scene in "Little Shop of Horrors?" [:)]

You never saw "Marathon Man"? What are you, some sort of commie?

Alright, maybe not, but you owe it to yourself to do so. Sir Lawrence Olivier (yes, him) will creep the scheiss out of you. Roy Scheider and Dustin Hoffman do admirably too.

Schanilec -> RE: OT-Are you playing that stupid wargame again? (2/15/2011 9:29:01 PM)

...and Max von Sydow. "Is it safe?" always goes over my dentist's head.

Schanilec -> RE: OT-Are you playing that stupid wargame again? (2/15/2011 10:23:21 PM)

Sorry, von Sydow was in Three Days of the Condor. Sometimes I get the two confued.

Lecivius -> RE: OT-Are you playing that stupid wargame again? (2/15/2011 10:41:58 PM)

quote:

CapMandrake
Sulu Sea
Chickenboy
Alfred
Terminus

Just to name a few?

Thanks, I now have NEW material for nightmares.

My wife of 24 years gave up. I now go to The Man Cave while she watches Cops or something upstairs. As long as the chores get done, and I stay available to answer any one of a brazillion inane questions sent downstairs, I get left alone.

stuman -> RE: OT-Are you playing that stupid wargame again? (2/15/2011 11:05:14 PM)

quote:

quote:

If BradfordKay is a babe magnet, this probably illustrates the difference between us. We are both UGA grads. Years ago, while a junior, I was flying home to Miami for spring break, seated beside a very pretty coed from Purdue. We talked about the things we enjoy (my list ran to things like history, hiking, reading, etc.). After we finished, she declared, "You sound like you're 40 years old." Boys, I think I missed a chance there to make some points with a pretty coed. This probably explains my long record of futility in college, too.

<slaps head> Dood...you are supposed to PRETEND to be interested in the things SHE is interested in....even if it is 17th Century French poets. At least you got a good story out of it. [:D]

Damn straight. Whatever it takes [:D]

stuman -> RE: OT-Are you playing that stupid wargame again? (2/15/2011 11:09:17 PM)

quote:

...and Max von Sydow. "Is it safe?" always goes over my dentist's head.

It was Sir Laurence Olivier playing a very evil Ex-Nazi/Dentist, torturing poor Dustin by drilling on a healthy tooth. Hurts just to think about it.

LeeChard -> RE: OT-Are you playing that stupid wargame again? (2/15/2011 11:43:48 PM)

I never saw Marathon Man, Just the thought of dental torture makes me want run screaming from the room[:(]

Skyros -> RE: OT-Are you playing that stupid wargame again? (2/16/2011 12:11:09 AM)

Or the Kenny G scene in Wayne's World II.

t001001001 -> RE: OT-Are you playing that stupid wargame again? (2/16/2011 3:29:10 AM)

Whenever a ladyfriend mentions me being on the computer, I pull the plug on it and hang w/ her straightway.  Not only is it the proper thing to do anyway, I found a woman is much more tolerant of gaming when she knows she never, ever butts heads w/ it. 

bradfordkay -> RE: OT-Are you playing that stupid wargame again? (2/16/2011 3:41:58 AM)

I had a friend in college whose girlfriend gave him an ultimatum: either wargames or her. He chose her. Eight years later she divorced him and took him to the cleaners. It seems to me that he made the wrong choice.

Anytime your mate resents your hobbies is not a good situation. Typically to me that means that you made a bad choice in a mate... she didn't fall in love with you, she fell in love with who she wanted you to be.

CaptBeefheart -> RE: OT-Are you playing that stupid wargame again? (2/16/2011 6:43:29 AM)

Very true words, Brad. Happened to my brother--his wife didn't like all his airline models, books, photos, various & sundry memorabilia, etc. in every nook and cranny and the marriage lasted 18 months. Probably explains why I'm not married--GFs are always trying get me to drink less beer [burrrrrrp].

Cheers,
CC

rockmedic109 -> RE: OT-Are you playing that stupid wargame again? (2/16/2011 7:36:13 AM)

My daughter calls it playing "Ding-Ding" because of the ships bell sound when loading a game.

My wife calls it "A Ding-A-Ling playing Ding-Ding."

My girls are so smart and perceptive[:D].

Cap Mandrake -> RE: OT-Are you playing that stupid wargame again? (2/16/2011 2:59:31 PM)

quote:

I had a friend in college whose girlfriend gave him an ultimatum: either wargames or her. He chose her. Eight years later she divorced him and took him to the cleaners. It seems to me that he made the wrong choice.

Anytime your mate resents your hobbies is not a good situation. Typically to me that means that you made a bad choice in a mate... she didn't fall in love with you, she fell in love with who she wanted you to be.

That was very sage advice, sir.

You have a really high IQ, don't you?

[;)][:D]

Shellshock -> RE: OT-Are you playing that stupid wargame again? (2/16/2011 3:17:19 PM)

quote:

My other half refers to WITP as "the bee game", because of the hex map looking like a honeycomb. [:D][:D][:D]

Some are bewildered by hexagons, others find NATO symbology overwhelming. [;)]

[img]http://pyxis.homestead.com/Nato-Tornado.jpg[/img]

bradfordkay -> RE: OT-Are you playing that stupid wargame again? (2/16/2011 4:21:01 PM)

quote:

quote:

That was very sage advice, sir.

You have a really high IQ, don't you?

[;)][:D]

Nawww... I just play someone who does on TV. [;)]

jeffk3510 -> RE: OT-Are you playing that stupid wargame again? (2/16/2011 4:34:59 PM)

Wife is just happy I am not out at the bars or whoring it up....

Besides, she reads lame romance novels anyways....

We have an 8mth old, and I rarely have time for anything but him anyways.... he is a blast btw... but I miss storming accross the Pacific... :(

stuman -> RE: OT-Are you playing that stupid wargame again? (2/17/2011 12:20:54 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shellshock

quote:

Some are bewildered by hexagons, others find NATO symbology overwhelming. [;)]

[img]http://pyxis.homestead.com/Nato-Tornado.jpg[/img]

[:D]

Flying Tiger -> RE: OT-Are you playing that stupid wargame again? (2/17/2011 12:55:06 AM)

quote:

quote:

aaaaahhh...

my daily dose of hysteria. You guys crack me up.

Wirraway_Ace -> RE: OT-Are you playing that stupid wargame again? (2/17/2011 1:07:34 AM)

My wife calls it "Geeky Gaming" and has asked me to promise not to teach it to our daughter, but otherwise she just asks politely if I am winning.

I don't recall if I have at some point agreed not to teach WiTP AE to our 1 year old daughter...

Cap Mandrake -> RE: OT-Are you playing that stupid wargame again? (2/17/2011 1:16:54 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wirraway_Ace

My wife calls it "Geeky Gaming" and has asked me to promise not to teach it to our daughter, but otherwise she just asks politely if I am winning.

I don't recall if I have at some point agreed not to teach WiTP AE to our 1 year old daughter...

Wait...you don't make diving airplane sounds or explosion sounds during combat replay do you...because that would be seriously geeky. "YEEEEEEEEEEOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW BOOOOOOOSH!"

You know, that kind of thing.

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI