RE: THE THREAD!!! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/30/2012 7:08:45 PM)

INP!

Clean livin' folks-clean livin...[8D]

jeffk3510 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/30/2012 7:13:11 PM)

How.. the..hell..did I miss that...

Guess you're the king..

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/30/2012 7:28:40 PM)

Don't feel bad, Jeff.  I left the new page hanging on the two previous one's.  [:D]

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/30/2012 7:34:46 PM)

Hi all,

Watched Steven Spilberg's "War Horse" with wife... it was good but not great... after 1st 1/3 it started to "water down" for me although wife likes it a lot as a whole...

Leo "Apollo11"

jeffk3510 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/30/2012 7:45:48 PM)

Leo we saw We Bought a Zoo instead. It was really good. Wife didnt want to see War Horse...doesnt sound like I missed a whole lot..

jeffk3510 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/30/2012 8:55:58 PM)

...and your grandson could end up with a dog collar, you don't want a grandson with a dog collar.

Schanilec -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/30/2012 9:01:16 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jeffk3510

quote:

ORIGINAL: Schanilec

And the Vikings. I was usually so happy after the first half when they had a good lead. To the end of the game shaking my head in disbelief. How, how, how could they lose.[X(]

I don't have an answer as my answer is with the Seahawks now..[:D]

Tavarias Jackson. Those poor bastards.[:D]

Orm -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/30/2012 10:12:13 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm

quote:

Almost certainly one of the Kriegsmarine merchant raiders would qualify for that.

The Atlantis, for example, sailed from Germany on March 11, 1940 and was sunk on November 22, 1941. That's just over 18 months at sea.

Thank you. [:)]

Could a US ship have spent more time at sea in a single cruise by beeing replenished at sea?

I'm sure they could have, but the USN was much more concerned about the mental health of the crew than many other nations, mostly because they could afford to be. The USN became the most experienced at underway replenishment by the end of the war.

No US ship would stay at sea for that long. Even the fast carrier task forces rotated back to forward anchorages, like Ulithi.

Thank you. [&o]

Kwik E Mart -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/30/2012 10:16:32 PM)

quote:

...and your grandson could end up with a dog collar, you don't want a grandson with a dog collar.

sez who? [sm=Cool-049.gif]

jeffk3510 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/30/2012 11:12:26 PM)

Its the new commerical out...

You don't want your daughter to marry undesireables..

Kwik E Mart -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/30/2012 11:16:20 PM)

quote:

Its the new commerical out...

You don't want your daughter to marry undesireables..

i know...i've seen it many times...but who's to say that i don't want a grandson with a dog collar? [;)]

jeffk3510 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/30/2012 11:19:05 PM)

Fair enough.

I don't. [:)]

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/30/2012 11:23:46 PM)

Hi all,

Zsssssssss time... [>:][>:][>:]

Leo "Apollo11"

Kwik E Mart -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/30/2012 11:30:56 PM)

quote:

Fair enough.

I don't. [:)]

maybe i'm being overly sensitive, but i don't like people on television telling me what i do and don't want...

When I'm watchin' my T.V.
And that man comes on to tell me
How white my shirts can be
But he can't be a man 'cause he doesn't smoke
The same cigarrettes as me

BrucePowers -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/31/2012 3:02:31 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Apollo11

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: BrucePowers

Ok. Just back from seeing Red Tails. First impression, the CGI battle scenes were over the top, not as bad as in a couple of other movies I've seen but that is my opinion. The story line was ok, not great but ok. One of my biggest complaints, not every airplane that goes down explodes in a big fireball before going down. This was a war film not a love story. There was one but it was not over done. I paid matinee price for the film and thought I got my money's worth.

Thanks for info Bruce!

BTW, is the air combats in movie usual Hollywood (or "History Channel") Science Fiction not related to physics and history?

Leo "Apollo11"

Yes, the air combats per pure Hollywood. The storyline was ok. I got my money's worth at the matinee price ($6.00).

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/31/2012 7:51:29 AM)

Hi all,

Good morning!

Leo "Apollo11"

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/31/2012 7:53:32 AM)

Hi all,

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Apollo11

quote:

Ok. Just back from seeing Red Tails. First impression, the CGI battle scenes were over the top, not as bad as in a couple of other movies I've seen but that is my opinion. The story line was ok, not great but ok. One of my biggest complaints, not every airplane that goes down explodes in a big fireball before going down. This was a war film not a love story. There was one but it was not over done. I paid matinee price for the film and thought I got my money's worth.

Thanks for info Bruce!

BTW, is the air combats in movie usual Hollywood (or "History Channel") Science Fiction not related to physics and history?

Yes, the air combats per pure Hollywood. The storyline was ok. I got my money's worth at the matinee price ($6.00).

Thanks for info Bruce!

I will wait for rent when "Red Tails" goes to DVD / BluRay then...

BTW, I can't remember any good Hollywood air combat movie (where flying is not "turning on a dime" and in opposition to physics) in past few decades apart from "Memphis Belle"... ahhh...

Leo "Apollo11"

Terminus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/31/2012 11:09:28 AM)

That's because there haven't been any.

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/31/2012 11:44:47 AM)

Good morning - Tithe. [&o][&o][&o]

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/31/2012 11:45:10 AM)

Going to our first Hurricanes game of the season tonight.  [:)]

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/31/2012 12:04:51 PM)

Hi all,

quote:

That's because there haven't been any.

And that is sad...

BTW, I would still love to see move based on Len Deighton's "The Bomber"... it would be easily transferable to movie (the book is about 1 day in a life of Lancaster crew and their one night mission)... ahhh...

Leo "Apollo11"

nashvillen -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/31/2012 2:23:44 PM)

Good Morning, all!

Had bowling night with my son's scout troop last night. Two lanes for the boys, one for the adults. Had only bowled once since my knee replacement. 141, 139, 176. I was happy with that. I am not a super bowler, but it is a great stress relief to throw that 16 lb. ball down the lane and watch the pins fly everywhere. [:)]

Terminus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/31/2012 2:54:01 PM)

Just back from the gym, and a new set of exercises for back, stomach and knees. OW!

Schanilec -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/31/2012 4:08:22 PM)

quote:

Just back from the gym, and a new set of exercises for back, stomach and knees. OW!

Sounds like the exercise I get from shoveling snow.[:D]

Schanilec -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/31/2012 4:14:21 PM)

quote:

Sounds great. I hope it doesn't go into overtime. And to the shoot-out. I think shoot-outs have wrecked pro hockey. Some teams that go to the play-offs have no business being there because of the shoot-out. I look at the NHL standings throughout the league and very few teams are below .500 compared to other pro sports. I have college hockey. I watch the NHL but I switch stations when the soot-out starts.
Who do the Canes play tonight?

Terminus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/31/2012 6:48:14 PM)

Aaaaand... back to the top!

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/31/2012 6:52:17 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Schanilec

quote:

Sounds great. I hope it doesn't go into overtime. And to the shoot-out. I think shoot-outs have wrecked pro hockey. Some teams that go to the play-offs have no business being there because of the shoot-out. I look at the NHL standings throughout the league and very few teams are below .500 compared to other pro sports. I have college hockey. I watch the NHL but I switch stations when the soot-out starts.
Who do the Canes play tonight?

Canes are hosting the Islanders tonight. [:)]

Schanilec -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/31/2012 6:56:09 PM)

Well give the Islander's a good caning.[;)]

AW1Steve -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/31/2012 7:03:46 PM)

Tithe....

nashvillen -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/31/2012 7:06:02 PM)

Lunch!

Page: <<   < prev  99 100 [101] 102 103   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI