RE: THE THREAD!!! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room

Schanilec -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/3/2012 4:12:52 PM)

I liked how my brother-in-law (San Diego born and raised) learned about chaff during last years harvest. The hard way.[:D]

Schanilec -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/3/2012 4:13:10 PM)

Ta da.

nashvillen -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/3/2012 4:17:20 PM)

Ba, missed it! [:@]

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/3/2012 5:28:01 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

Going on a short field trip with work to an Ag show, here in town. [:)]

Our clients are almost all in the agriculture industry, so it's a familiarization exercise for most of the employees at our company who have never been exposed to farming, etc.

Any animal agriculture in the mix there, hoss, or is it all crop stuff?

We are mostly involved with crops - seed, chem, etc, but I got to watch a border collie herding 6 bulls around for a while. That was cool! [8D]

bradfordkay -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/3/2012 6:21:39 PM)

Too bad, you're in the perfect place to study the end product of hog farming! [;)]

Schanilec -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/3/2012 6:22:09 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: nashvillen

Bwaahahaha.[:'(]

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/3/2012 6:48:31 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: bradfordkay

Too bad, you're in the perfect place to study the end product of hog farming! [;)]

Mmmmm....bacon......gahrlll...(drools)

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/3/2012 6:55:43 PM)

Hi all,

Remember this?

It was finally released... [:)]

http://vimeo.com/31202906

quote:

ORIGINAL: Apollo11

"The German" - 10 minute CGI short movie about BoB...

Forum: CG News
Posted By: nickryan
Post Time: 07-31-2009 at 05:49 PM
Text:

I recently completed my second short film 'The German', starring Toby Kebbell (Control, RocknRolla and the up-coming Prince of Persia) and Christian Brassington (Elisabeth: The Golden Age and Easy Virtues). I wrote and directed the film.

www.thegermanmovie.com

The blurb!

November 1940, during the greatest conflict man has ever known, an epic duel unfolds between two ace pilots, each willing to take the match to it’s ultimate conclusion. Unknown to the pilots is a fate neither has considered.

The German is a war story seen through the eyes of RAF officer A C Barton (Kebbell) who will take his fight to the very end. The singleminded desire for revenge drives Barton, but when it comes face to face, can he pull the trigger?

Shot on 35mm (anamorphic), and posted at 2K, the opening of the film is an aerial battle between a British Spitfire and a German Me 109, all of which I completed here at Image Now Films over a six month period. This is a combination of Live action/stills and fully CGI shots.

I have made up a website for the film, which has a trailer and effects breakdowns and a small behind the scenes clip. I have also written a little about the process involved.

Pretty much like the my last short film, A Lonely Sky, the film was made on a relatively small budget (70K euro). It was funded by the Irish Film Board, under a short film scheme they run.

While that sounds a lot, when broken down under the regulations for filming, it all disappears very quickly. The Effects budget was a big fat zero, so a lot of long hours again.

Unfortunately I can't put the film on the web yet, because of film festivals. It was selected for Palm Springs, and LA Shorts as well as the San Paulo film festival.

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks

Nick

[image]http://www.thegermanmovie.com/Web_image_GERMAN.jpg[/image]

Leo "Apollo11"

Schanilec -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/3/2012 7:00:04 PM)

Interesting Ap11.

And tonight on NBCSN: The Gophers take on Denver. Sioux have the weekend off.

nashvillen -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/3/2012 7:20:37 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Schanilec

quote:

ORIGINAL: nashvillen

Bwaahahaha.[:'(]

[:)]

Dixie -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/3/2012 7:53:43 PM)

Apollo 10

[image]local://upfiles/20142/4C5B46EFAB284090ABFE2DB3695B65F1.jpg[/image]

Schanilec -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/3/2012 9:04:39 PM)

Most of that will buff right out.[:D]

Schanilec -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/3/2012 9:11:11 PM)

Sure is purdy out. Had another heavy fog last night. And it rolled in quick after work. This morning visibility was only a couple of hundred yards. And it turned tragic. One person became disoriented and was stopped on the wrong side of a four line highway. He was killed from a head-on from another pick-up.

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/3/2012 10:05:51 PM)

Hi all,

Still very cold... -10 degrees centigrade... plus wind... and snow...

Leo "Apollo11"

Terminus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/3/2012 10:07:12 PM)

It'll be 15 to 18 below zero here tonight...[X(]

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/3/2012 10:33:26 PM)

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Brrrrrrrr...

BTW, Kristian, do you live in apartment building or your own house? How do you heat the premises?

Leo "Apollo11"

Kwik E Mart -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/3/2012 10:45:20 PM)

63F here...golf time tithe! [&o]

Schanilec -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/3/2012 11:11:22 PM)

It is absolutely beautiful out. 26F here. And the fog is back. Visibility already less than a half mile. I'll have snap a few pictures tomorrow morning. The trees bathed in a very nice hoarfrost.
Well off to a buddies house. Then home to watch Gopher/Pioneer hockey. Damn I like that new NBCSN.

Terminus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/3/2012 11:31:57 PM)

quote:

Hi all,

quote:

Brrrrrrrr...

BTW, Kristian, do you live in apartment building or your own house? How do you heat the premises?

Leo "Apollo11"

Apartment. Your basic hot-water radiators on the walls.

In other news, my poor mom's heating has failed in her living room... She can't get it fixed until Monday. BAD timing.

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/3/2012 11:40:45 PM)

Hi all,

quote:

quote:

quote:

Brrrrrrrr...

Apartment. Your basic hot-water radiators on the walls.

In other news, my poor mom's heating has failed in her living room... She can't get it fixed until Monday. BAD timing.

RGR - same here (we have our own gas powered hot water for washing / hot water for radiators boiler)...

Bad timing... at least it is just living room...

Leo "Apollo11"

Terminus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/3/2012 11:47:38 PM)

Listening to Leonard Cohen's new album. The man's still got it![&o]

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/4/2012 7:57:48 AM)

Hi all,

Good morning!

Leo "Apollo11"

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/4/2012 2:59:52 PM)

Good morning tithe...

Lovely hoarfrost this morning. As the skies brighten, everything appears 'flocked' with frost needles. Quite beautiful.

BrucePowers -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/4/2012 3:30:03 PM)

It should get up to 55 today and be sunny, what a difference from 2 weeks ago. To you guys (and lady) in Europe good luck with your storm. It is no joke. Stay warm and I hope it improves soon.

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/4/2012 3:43:59 PM)

Hi all,

Still -9 degrees Centigrade here... plus wind and light snow (= "real feel" of -20 degrees Centigrade)... cold...

Leo "Apollo11"

Terminus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/4/2012 3:46:49 PM)

250+ dead across Europe so far from the cold.

BrucePowers -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/4/2012 3:49:08 PM)

T i hope your mom is doing ok.

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/4/2012 3:49:38 PM)

quote:

Yeah, heard that. Helicopter evacuations in E. Europe too. Why such a high death rate, guys?

It gets cold in many parts of the world-usually (unless there's a blizzard or other storm) people don't die in large numbers from the cold, per se, though. Is the storm affecting those that are unaccustomed to it or those with poorly insulated / heated homes?

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/4/2012 3:49:53 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: BrucePowers

T i hope your mom is doing ok.

+1

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/4/2012 3:56:25 PM)

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

Yeah, heard that. Helicopter evacuations in E. Europe too. Why such a high death rate, guys?

It gets cold in many parts of the world-usually (unless there's a blizzard or other storm) people don't die in large numbers from the cold, per se, though. Is the storm affecting those that are unaccustomed to it or those with poorly insulated / heated homes?

I think most of those deaths are from poor homeless people (especially in Eastern Europe: Ukraine and Poland etc.)...

Leo "Apollo11"

Page: <<   < prev  103 104 [105] 106 107   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI