RE: THE THREAD!!! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/10/2012 9:19:05 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

In other news, a third of young people (late teens) in a recent survey in this country said they were "uncomfortable" showering together with their peers after gym class, soccer practice and other such things.

The news interviewed a boy in the 8th grade who opined that it was "unnatural" to be naked in such circumstances.

I remember feeling 'awkward' showering after gym class in 7th grade. Many other guys / dorkwads of my age cohort would probably have said the same thing, I reckon'.

My coach, Mr. Sandusky, used to try to assuage my concerns about my nakedness. But it still felt weird.

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/10/2012 9:19:51 PM)

Ooh...an UNP. Two in a row! Clean livin' guys...clean livin'.

Terminus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/10/2012 9:22:17 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

In other news, a third of young people (late teens) in a recent survey in this country said they were "uncomfortable" showering together with their peers after gym class, soccer practice and other such things.

The news interviewed a boy in the 8th grade who opined that it was "unnatural" to be naked in such circumstances.

I remember feeling 'awkward' showering after gym class in 7th grade. Many other guys / dorkwads of my age cohort would probably have said the same thing, I reckon'.

My coach, Mr. Sandusky, used to try to assuage my concerns about my nakedness. But it still felt weird.

And that was, what, 60 years ago? Guess it's not a new thing... Never happened to me.

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/10/2012 9:36:33 PM)

quote:

And that was, what, 60 years ago?

[:'(]

You're a funny, funny guy you know? That's why I'm gonna kill you last.

ETA: Whoops. That was a Schwarzenegger line, not a Godfather line...

Terminus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/10/2012 9:37:26 PM)

Oh dear, memory not what it used to be?

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/10/2012 9:39:46 PM)

quote:

I think this point flew right by you. [:'(]

Terminus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/10/2012 9:43:09 PM)

Eeeew...

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/10/2012 9:53:14 PM)

So, my Dutch friend...I trust that the above reparte' proves my steel trap-like mind?

[image]local://upfiles/6968/DFC0976B06BE43C9956D05BA45B84C3A.jpg[/image]

Terminus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/10/2012 9:53:52 PM)

Yeah, well... You and everybody else in America...

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/10/2012 9:54:39 PM)

Lastly, I give you the best Meow-HEIL! anywhere:

[image]local://upfiles/6968/DFE2CC6FF2364484ACAF074677A04971.jpg[/image]

Not surprising per se, but somewhat amusing that there's a whole bleedin' website for cats that look like Hitler...[:D]

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/10/2012 10:15:56 PM)

nashvillen -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/10/2012 10:16:41 PM)

Light snow in Murfreesboro, little accumulation forcasted, so we should get 3-4 inches... [:D]

vettim89 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/10/2012 10:28:53 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: nashvillen

Light snow in Murfreesboro, little accumulation forcasted, so we should get 3-4 inches... [:D]

Same her for us tonight. My heat died last night. Fixed now (and I am $500 poorer). Tonight low around 10F; so better last night than tonight

I realize 10 degress is balmy for you MN and ND types

Schanilec -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/10/2012 11:19:38 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: vettim89

quote:

ORIGINAL: nashvillen

Same her for us tonight. My heat died last night. Fixed now (and I am $500 poorer). Tonight low around 10F; so better last night than tonight

I realize 10 degress is balmy for you MN and ND types

I think we hit a high of -1F today.
And thus we make the best of the summer months as short a time they are.[;)]

Warming' up the truck and heading home. Sioux hockey on the radio of hopefully. I don't have CBSCS channel. Gopher's are on NBCSN. I goofed last week. Didn't look at the date. Not sure who's on FSSN tonight. But I'll be in the C.I.C. (den) with WitP-AE. Got invasion starting out for Goodenough I.
Yup, starting out to be a good weekend.[8D]

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/11/2012 12:23:10 AM)

Hi all,

Zssssssss time... [>:][>:][>:]

Leo "Apollo11"

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/11/2012 12:38:47 AM)

No! Number Elebenty! [:D]

[image]local://upfiles/6968/23FA48EBF447412691DAAC6F8F5F7F2F.jpg[/image]

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/11/2012 11:47:21 AM)

Way too early on a Saturday morning - Tithe. [&o][&o][&o]

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/11/2012 11:49:43 AM)

I'm off to the Home Depot to buy new locks for our external doors. It's cheaper than a locksmith to change the keys. The drama of an 18 year old girl's old, bad crowd of friends makes it necessary. I do NOT do drama. [8|]

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/11/2012 1:23:19 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

I'm off to the Home Depot to buy new locks for our external doors. It's cheaper than a locksmith to change the keys. The drama of an 18 year old girl's old, bad crowd of friends makes it necessary. I do NOT do drama. [8|]

Niece issues?

I ain't lookin' forward to that age range for my kids.[:(]

jeffk3510 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/11/2012 1:25:33 PM)

I hear ya Mikey

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/11/2012 1:28:02 PM)

Hi all,

Good day!

Leo "Apollo11"

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/11/2012 2:49:21 PM)

quote:

quote:

Niece issues?

Yep. She's been making fantastic progress, but then an old friend brought a lot of bad influences back into her life, and she chose to leave yesterday. I predict she will now quit her school program and lose her full time job within 2 weeks, as she won't be able to get there. In 3-4 weeks, she'll be very hungry, and the boatload of friends she has decided to cast her lot with will become a shipwreck.

I'm sad and disappointed in her choice (I stupidly have forgotten how strong peer pressure can be), but we're changing the locks and moving on. Playing golf tomorrow. [8D]

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/11/2012 3:31:08 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

Niece issues?

Yep. She's been making fantastic progress, but then an old friend brought a lot of bad influences back into her life, and she chose to leave yesterday. I predict she will now quit her school program and lose her full time job within 2 weeks, as she won't be able to get there. In 3-4 weeks, she'll be very hungry, and the boatload of friends she has decided to cast her lot with will become a shipwreck.

I'm sad and disappointed in her choice (I stupidly have forgotten how strong peer pressure can be), but we're changing the locks and moving on. Playing golf tomorrow. [8D]

Damn. That's too bad. [:(]

Any other family she can go to when things (inevitably) go South?

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/11/2012 3:42:51 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Niece issues?

Damn. That's too bad. [:(]

Any other family she can go to when things (inevitably) go South?

Nope. She's burned all her other bridges.

It is too bad, because she was doing so well with us. She chose friends over us and is likely already regretting it. [:(]

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/11/2012 3:57:36 PM)

Not to put too fine a point on it, but I really feel for wayward 18 YO girls especially. Legally adults but still mental children. This world eats naive kids like this for breakfast. The girls are especially vulnerable. [:(]

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/11/2012 5:05:39 PM)

I agree, Andre. My niece's parents didn't do a very effective job of preparing her for adulthood, either.

In the mean time, I'm moving onto other concerns. Just got word that my 94 year old grandmother, who I adore, has decided she is ready to move onto the next adventure after life on this planet. She's very peaceful, but sleeping most of the time and rapidly winding down. I'm off for a quick overnight trip to Baltimore to see her.

I sure hope I, and everyone I know, will be fortunate enough to have the type of full life she has had and to go out peacefully on our own terms. [:)]

Have a great Saturday, Brothers!

Onime No Kyo -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/11/2012 5:36:00 PM)

Saturday tithe. Its pretending to snow outside.

Onime No Kyo -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/11/2012 5:37:00 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: DivePac88

quote:

ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo

quote:

ORIGINAL: DivePac88

quote:

Umm....hello. [sm=scared0018.gif]

Hello there Mate, long-time no see. [;)]

Hiya buddy. How goes it?

Not bad, still alive and kicking, and that rocks for me. [8D]

Hope life is being easy on You, and Your's too Mousey. [sm=happy0065.gif]

Does whoever you're kicking mind it?

I'm good. Cant complain at all.

Onime No Kyo -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/11/2012 5:37:46 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

#$%^&*@#$%% SNOW!!!!!![:@]

What do you object to, Steve, the temperatures or the shoveling?

Shoveling......[:(]

Patience, my friend. If you wait long enough it'll melt by itself. [:D]

Onime No Kyo -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/11/2012 5:38:05 PM)

quote:

quote:

Umm....hello. [sm=scared0018.gif]

S'up blud?

Holla. Wesside!

Page: <<   < prev  111 112 [113] 114 115   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI