RE: THE THREAD!!! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room

witpqs -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/15/2012 8:17:45 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

quote:

I'm with Leo on this one. All countries are beautiful at least somewhere. At least I've never seen one that wasn't nice somewhere. You've just got to be selective in where you look.

That's politically correct bullhonkey!

No it's not. Even 'dumpy' central Asian republics have some eyecandy in 'em. I've never been to one that wasn't nice somewhere. Haven't been to Somalia or Haiti, so I can't really comment.

If it's all the same with you, I'll be my own arbiter of beauty, thanks.

...said the Tropical Disease Fanboy. [:D] Beauty is where you find it. [8D]

nashvillen -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/15/2012 9:15:49 PM)

I have seen some downtown northern US cities that I really didn't care for, either.

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/15/2012 10:27:57 PM)

Hi all,

Zssssssss time... [>:][>:][>:]

Leo "Apollo11"

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/16/2012 1:05:11 AM)

First turn is sent back to Historiker in our new campaign game. Waiting for the bombs to fall on Pearl Harbor at any moment now. [8D]

nashvillen -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/16/2012 1:17:07 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

First turn is sent back to Historiker in our new campaign game. Waiting for the bombs to fall on Pearl Harbor at any moment now. [8D]

Ahhh... The smell of a new war starting!

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/16/2012 8:32:26 AM)

Hi all,

Good morning!

Leo "Apollo11"

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/16/2012 8:35:38 AM)

Hi all,

Thaw continues... it is -5 degrees Centigrade during night but above +5 degrees Centigrade during day... dirty water everywhere... unfortunately during night all that water freezes up and in the morning we have ice... people are falling everywhere and breaking arms and legs...

This morning while visiting my mother in law (and advising her not to go out in this conditions) I skidded myself but luckily I was acrobatic enough and caught myself nicely... nothing broken or twisted... [X(]

Leo "Apollo11"

Mike Solli -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/16/2012 10:40:03 AM)

quote:

AAR?

Mike Solli -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/16/2012 10:45:30 AM)

Well, it's day 4 of my new job. Getting used to civilian government. I thought the military was inefficient. [8|] My core hours are 0900-1500. Other than that, I set my schedule. I work 0630-1500. Miss traffic both ways. [:D] On Monday, my boss showed me to my cubicle. Nothing at all in it, not even a chair! [:D] They scrounged me a chair and requested a computer and phone from the government. The goal is to get it in 2 weeks. A couple of guys who sit near me said it took them 3 months. [X(] I spend a lot of time looking over their shoulders asking questions but my boss still hasn't decided what I'm going to do. I guess he has time to decide. [:D] When I'm not looking over someone's shoulder, I spend a lot of time plotting my next turn, on paper of course. [:D]

Off to work!

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/16/2012 11:17:46 AM)

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mike Solli

Well, it's day 4 of my new job. Getting used to civilian government. I thought the military was inefficient. [8|] My core hours are 0900-1500. Other than that, I set my schedule. I work 0630-1500. Miss traffic both ways. [:D] On Monday, my boss showed me to my cubicle. Nothing at all in it, not even a chair! [:D] They scrounged me a chair and requested a computer and phone from the government. The goal is to get it in 2 weeks. A couple of guys who sit near me said it took them 3 months. [X(] I spend a lot of time looking over their shoulders asking questions but my boss still hasn't decided what I'm going to do. I guess he has time to decide. [:D] When I'm not looking over someone's shoulder, I spend a lot of time plotting my next turn, on paper of course. [:D]

Off to work!

[:)]

Leo "Apollo11"

Terminus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/16/2012 12:32:19 PM)

ARRRGH! THE PENGUINS ARE COMING! WITH THE TENTACLES AND THE SPIKES AND THE BLOOD! FLEE!

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/16/2012 12:37:12 PM)

Hi all,

quote:

ARRRGH! THE PENGUINS ARE COMING! WITH THE TENTACLES AND THE SPIKES AND THE BLOOD! FLEE!

What did you eat today Kristian? [:D]

Leo "Apollo11"

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/16/2012 1:57:06 PM)

quote:

quote:

AAR?

Mike, I'd like to have one. I enjoy doing them, but time is a precious commodity right now. This game is going to be played at an agreed upon very slow pace, as we are both busy most of the time. We expect to be old and gray when we finish. [:D] That pace doesn't make for very captivating reading. [:)]

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/16/2012 1:57:55 PM)

quote:

Off to work!

Wow. I miss government work. [:D]

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/16/2012 1:58:26 PM)

Good morning - Tithe. [&o][&o][&o]

nashvillen -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/16/2012 3:14:52 PM)

Good morning.

Mike S. work for IT in government, you are the guinea pig for every new thing on the market, and you get you stuff quickly! [:D]

Historiker -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/16/2012 4:04:31 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

AAR?

Mike, I'd like to have one. I enjoy doing them, but time is a precious commodity right now. This game is going to be played at an agreed upon very slow pace, as we are both busy most of the time. We expect to be old and gray when we finish. [:D] That pace doesn't make for very captivating reading. [:)]

As we already agreed to a pace that will involve our granchildren to help us make the last turns, we can as well do an AAR.

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/16/2012 8:48:08 PM)

Maybe an AAR will happen, but if I have time, I'll always choose playing a turn first. [:)]

bradfordkay -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/16/2012 8:58:52 PM)

That's why I gave up on running an AAR years ago. I had started one with my CHS PBEM, but since I didn't want to do one by just posting combat reports I found that it took a lot of time to make a creative AAR happen - and I would rather put that time into playing the game.

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/16/2012 10:59:59 PM)

Hi all,

Zsssssss time... [>:][>:][>:]

Leo "Apollo11"

Schanilec -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/16/2012 11:17:01 PM)

Auf Wiedersehen y'all. [8D]

nashvillen -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/16/2012 11:41:56 PM)

Home from work... Diving into turns... Happy time!

Onime No Kyo -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/17/2012 12:15:01 AM)

Rainy Thursday evening tithe.

Onime No Kyo -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/17/2012 12:15:48 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: bradfordkay

The Easter Bunny lives on Lopez Island. You're just going to have a hard time picking him out from among the thousands of fat bunnies overrunning that island...

Are you telling me that the Easter Bunny has a posse? [X(]

Onime No Kyo -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/17/2012 12:17:13 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: DivePac88

Afternoon tithe... Go to the city on Wednesday, to go into hospital for my next opo. Looking forward to all those lovely nurses to look after me, and the hospital food )The Dunedin hospital food is surprising good, and I say that with Mrs DivePac being a trained Chef).

But don't get carried away while I'm gone, as I have mobile Internet, so I'll be watching.

[image]local://upfiles/30275/0BF12A9C00D54EBA8493D923B08910E1.gif[/image]

Good luck avian dude. Try not to pinch too many nurse derrieres. [;)]

Onime No Kyo -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/17/2012 12:17:48 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Apollo11

Hi all,

Spend 2 hours shoveling snow this morning...

Leo "Apollo11"

Did it build any character?

Onime No Kyo -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/17/2012 12:20:43 AM)

quote:

Whoa-late day tithe. Day kind of got away from me...[&o]

I guess one could say that time flies when you have your hands full of gallus gallus domestucuseses.

Onime No Kyo -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/17/2012 12:25:20 AM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Schanilec
Any input would be quite helpful.

Any input? Even if it's not helpful? Alright-suit yourself...

Booga! Baoon! Icky! Yeh! Hoppy! Meh! Floogy! Binga-binga! Whoa!

Oddly enough, that was more constructive than your usual post. [:'(]

Onime No Kyo -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/17/2012 12:26:30 AM)

quote:

I'm with Leo on this one. All countries are beautiful at least somewhere. At least I've never seen one that wasn't nice somewhere. You've just got to be selective in where you look.

Morning tithe...[&o]

Off to Phoenix for a respite from the interstellar space temperatures. [makes weighing gesture with hands] Hmmm...80F and sunny or 10F and cloudy? Which one do I want for 10 days? Hmmm...[&:]

Looking for spring chickens?

Onime No Kyo -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (2/17/2012 12:27:07 AM)

quote:

Also, Merry Christmas!

Happy Quanza.

Page: <<   < prev  116 117 [118] 119 120   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI