RE: THE THREAD!!! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room

Terminus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/24/2012 3:29:32 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

quote:

Login word was an actual name today: ULRIKA

In Fall of the Samurai, my clan has a British military advisor in employ. He won't stop saying "GOOD SHOW, WHAT-WHAT?"

Apparently, I can't order him to commit Seppuku.

Sounds like a fun game to me. [:D]

Naval combat is fun. "Wind? We don't need no steenkin' wind!"

Muscle and oar or steam-powered?

Well, it's 1864-76, so... You start out with wooden paddle-wheel steamers, then you get coppered wooden screw ships and then finally ironclads.

jeffk3510 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/24/2012 3:52:11 PM)

"The peasants are lazy" I loved the first one.

Mowing all day today. Thank god for Bad Company and IPod

Terminus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/24/2012 4:29:37 PM)

I like it a lot. You have to balance the need to modernise the country in order to improve revenue and get better military units with the need to not tear down all the old traditions so fast that your people start going into revolts all over the place.

There are two factions, the Imperial and Shogunate, and the other members of your faction actually contribute towards victory in that their provinces count in the race for control of Japan.

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/24/2012 5:27:25 PM)

Hi all,

Good day!

Leo "Apollo11"

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/24/2012 5:27:55 PM)

Hi all,

We had big congress to organize at work - I was technical support and was very busy for the past
few days...

Leo "Apollo11"

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/24/2012 5:31:30 PM)

Hi all,

Springtime is in fool bloom here... wild cherry trees are blooming in spectacular whites... I only had pants, short sleeved shirt and sunglasses on today... [8D]

Leo "Apollo11"

bradfordkay -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/24/2012 8:31:33 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: bradfordkay
I must have ticked off the weather gods...[:(]

Well, you *do* live in Washington state, Brad...doesn't that go with the territory?

Good morning THREAD dudes...[&o]

When I moved here from Georgia I was shocked to find that we didn't have the Weather Channel on cable. After awhile I realized that it didn't really matter...

There are days where I wonder if my name isn't Joe Btfsplk. I used to have co-workers ask me if I was planning to go camping on the upcoming weekend. If I said yes, then they wouldn't plan any outdoor activities because it was sure to rain...

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/24/2012 9:01:42 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jeffk3510

"The peasants are lazy" I loved the first one.

Mowing all day today. Thank god for Bad Company and IPod

Post cleaning out the garage tithe. Then cutting and burning vines and nettles in the back 40. Feeling smoky, dirty and spent. But, by jove, I got 'er done.

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/24/2012 10:09:03 PM)

You know what?

A hot shower, some salty party mix and Paulaner Oktoberfest Marzen is pretty good after a day of dirty, hot and smelly manual labor. [8D]

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/25/2012 1:28:14 AM)

Hi all,

Zssssssssss time...

Leo "Apollo11"

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/25/2012 1:29:54 AM)

Nice T-bone on the grill with a spinach and kale side dish. A nice Smithwick's Ale to go along with it. Took the dog to the dog park to run around. Now back-perhaps a Bombay Sapphire gin martini after the kiddos get to bed?

Dixie -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/25/2012 8:43:09 AM)

It's almost F1 O'clock [8D]

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/25/2012 9:40:17 AM)

Hi all,

Good morning!

Leo "Apollo11"

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/25/2012 9:40:45 AM)

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dixie

It's almost F1 O'clock [8D]

I can't recall when I last watched F1...

Leo "Apollo11"

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/25/2012 9:41:33 AM)

Hi all,

Daylight Saving in effect in Europe tithe... one less hour of sleep was the previous night...

Leo "Apollo11"

Terminus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/25/2012 12:19:14 PM)

Another lovely spring day tithe...[8D]

Terminus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/25/2012 2:07:31 PM)

It's sometimes a little depressing to read about all the behind-the-scenes selfdestructive behaviour that went on in US and British political and military circles during the World Wars.

At the moment, I'm listening to Tuchman's "Stilwell and the American Experience in China" and am up to the point where Chennault is conspiring to have Stilwell removed from theatre command. Amazing that they had time to win the war with all the backstabbing going on.

Dixie -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/25/2012 4:39:33 PM)

quote:

It's sometimes a little depressing to read about all the behind-the-scenes selfdestructive behaviour that went on in US and British political and military circles during the World Wars.

At the moment, I'm listening to Tuchman's "Stilwell and the American Experience in China" and am up to the point where Chennault is conspiring to have Stilwell removed from theatre command. Amazing that they had time to win the war with all the backstabbing going on.

A little depressing?

Terminus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/25/2012 5:39:29 PM)

Yeah, I'm such a happy-go-lucky guy, you know?

In other news, got the first ironclads in Fall of the Samurai. The US ironclad is good, but the Jap ones suck.

bradfordkay -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/25/2012 6:02:00 PM)

Have you received the Stonewall yet?

Terminus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/25/2012 6:13:27 PM)

[&:]

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/25/2012 7:00:00 PM)

Sunday afternoon - Tithe. [&o][&o][&o]

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/25/2012 7:00:34 PM)

Caught up on my sleep, got some bills paid, and made a pot of coffee. Now it's time for AE and basketball. [8D]

Onime No Kyo -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/25/2012 7:08:27 PM)

Hello gents. Doesnt seem like theres too much action here. [>:]

I received a PM from diehl that he has green buttoned me. It seems that he was very offended at being called an @sshole. [:D]

Onime No Kyo -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/25/2012 7:10:16 PM)

quote:

That's why I called it a scumbot rather than a spambot, like you or Onime.

We're not worthy. [&o][:D]

Onime No Kyo -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/25/2012 7:11:30 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JohnDillworth

quote:

JohnDillworth - Over here!

Thanks. The thread who's name shall not be spoken seems to have disappeared. I'll sit over here a bit until it's safe to go back to the regular forums. Morning gents

Appears that it was moved to the War Room and locked. It shall not be missed.

Onime No Kyo -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/25/2012 7:13:04 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JohnDillworth

Morning folks from my office looking over the Brooklyn Navy Yard. Looks like all the good stuff has already been built.

Brooklyn? I didnt know you were a local. Maybe we can get together for a beer one of these days.

Onime No Kyo -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/25/2012 7:16:16 PM)

quote:

quote:

Speaking of BBQ.. we're getting a new grill tonight at Home Depot while we pick up 6k pounds of fencing supplies...[8|]

My goodness that's a lot of sabres, foils and epees! [:'(]

Hey, hey, hey!!!!!! You're nosing in on my territory, there, bub! Bad puns are my province. [:@] [:D]

Onime No Kyo -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/25/2012 7:16:53 PM)

quote:

quote:

we're getting a new grill tonight

Haven't seen warspite1 around here much, but I know he'd ask, "yo-why you gettin' all up in my grill, homes?" were he here. You getting a new grill? You been punched in the mouf, blud? Gettin' a beat down?

Errr, have you been hanging out with chickens from the wrong side of the tracks recently? [X(]

Onime No Kyo -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/25/2012 7:17:51 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Schanilec

quote:

Cannibalism is wrong, Schani.

Not the right marinade and seasoning. BAM!

Dude, you have GOT to start proofreading your posts. [sm=nono.gif][:D]

Page: <<   < prev  148 149 [150] 151 152   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI