RE: THE THREAD!!! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room

Dixie -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/26/2012 11:40:19 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Apollo11

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dixie

Morning chaps [:)]

Hello Martin!

BTW, did you see my question about your father the other day?

Leo "Apollo11"

No, where was it? The Abe Lincoln thread?

Terminus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/26/2012 12:11:18 PM)

It was in here. He wanted to know whether your dad was in the RN or a merchant sailor.

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/26/2012 12:16:08 PM)

Hi all,

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hello Martin!

Yep it originated there but I copy & paste part of that "Abe Lincoln" thread here...

I asked if your father was in RN (then Mike answered that he thinks your father is in merchant marine)...

Leo "Apollo11"

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/26/2012 1:12:08 PM)

Good Monday morning - Tithe. [&o][&o][&o]

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/26/2012 1:16:28 PM)

I spent some enjoyable time playing around on Ancestry.com this weekend. I know the older the information gets, the less reliable it becomes, but if what I've found is accurate, I was able to trace my grandmother's family back to England, Normandy, and then through "historical stories" back to a line of Vikings. I think the trail ends around 350 AD. [:D]

If there are good enough family records to trace back to England, it's possible to find very good records/histories that were kept there.

The real puzzle for me to figure out is where my father's father's family came from and who they were. My grandfather on that side died when my dad was just a little boy so my brother and I know almost nothing about them..... yet. [8D]

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/26/2012 1:23:33 PM)

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

I spent some enjoyable time playing around on Ancestry.com this weekend. I know the older the information gets, the less reliable it becomes, but if what I've found is accurate, I was able to trace my grandmother's family back to England, Normandy, and then through "historical stories" back to a line of Vikings. I think the trail ends around 350 AD. [:D]

If there are good enough family records to trace back to England, it's possible to find very good records/histories that were kept there.

The real puzzle for me to figure out is where my father's father's family came from and who they were. My grandfather on that side died when my dad was just a little boy so my brother and I know almost nothing about them..... yet. [8D]

Nice Mike! [:)]

Leo "Apollo11"

Dixie -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/26/2012 1:27:28 PM)

quote:

Hi all,

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hello Martin!

Yep it originated there but I copy & paste part of that "Abe Lincoln" thread here...

I asked if your father was in RN (then Mike answered that he thinks your father is in merchant marine)...

Leo "Apollo11"

Yep. He's been in the Merchant Navy since he left school, at the moment he's working on container ships. Big uns at that [:D]

alaviner -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/26/2012 2:05:50 PM)

morning tithe [&o][&o][&o]
I have been trying to get into my MATRIX account to download and reinstall AE. The problem is it was still attached to a defunct Email address so when I tried to recover my password it has gotten FUBARed. I have had no luck with Matrix support so far. I registered a new account with Matrix today and started my third ticket with support. Maybe I will get more than the automated email that a ticket was started.

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/26/2012 2:22:28 PM)

Hi all,

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hello Martin!

Yep. He's been in the Merchant Navy since he left school, at the moment he's working on container ships. Big uns at that [:D]

RGR!

Leo "Apollo11"

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/26/2012 4:12:43 PM)

G'mornin' you lot.

Nikademus -> log! (3/26/2012 6:08:05 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

quote:

ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo

Hello gents. Doesnt seem like theres too much action here. [>:]

I received a PM from diehl that he has green buttoned me. It seems that he was very offended at being called an @sshole. [:D]

He sent you a private message to tell you he was ignoring you? [:D]

That's like the commercial on TV lately where a girl calls up her boyfriend to tell him she is giving him the silent treatment. [:D]

ha ha. that is funny. Maybe i'll be next. It would be awesome.

Schanilec -> RE: log! (3/26/2012 6:19:38 PM)

The Sioux will not be going to the Frozen Four, thanks to the Gopher's 5-2 victory yesterday.[:(] It was a good run though from where the Sioux were at the beginning of the season near the bottom. Injuries just finally caught up with them. Get 'em next year.[;)]

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/26/2012 6:20:30 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Schanilec

The Sioux will not be going to the Frozen Four, thanks to the Gopher's 5-2 victory yesterday.[:(] It was a good run though from where the Sioux were at the beginning of the season near the bottom. Injuries just finally caught up with them. Get 'em next year.[;)]

Ski-u-ma, baby! Better luck next year, NoDak.

http://www.gophersports.com/blog/2012/03/minnesota-to-face-boston-college-in-frozen-four.html

ETA: SLR...[:-]

ETA II: Here's the link. Boston? Feh. They even play hockey there? I thought all they did for sport was drink? [&:]

Schanilec -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/26/2012 6:34:00 PM)

Now I can concentrate on golfing and fishing. Well if the weather cooperates. We're back in the 40's. So much for 70 degrees for awhile.

Terminus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/26/2012 10:27:46 PM)

Earlier today, I was setting up my mom's new PC, crawling around on the floor with cables and whatnot. As I was finishing up, I told myself, "don't stand up too fast and hit your head on the sharp edge of the bookshelf above you".

Two seconds later, I was trying not to fall over, clutching my injured skull in pain.

Terminus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/26/2012 10:28:17 PM)

There was a healthy piece of skin left on the edge of said bookshelf. Eeeew...

Nikademus -> LOG! (3/26/2012 10:43:34 PM)

fortunately there was no brain trauma.

You'd have to have one in the first place in order for that to occur. [:'(]

Terminus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/26/2012 10:45:27 PM)

Harhar... Don't you have some coffee to drink?

Terminus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/26/2012 10:48:26 PM)

Also, FU!

Kwik E Mart -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/26/2012 10:51:44 PM)

anyone got their grubby mitts on Achtung Panzer Op Star yet? opinions? thoughts? insights?

Schanilec -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/26/2012 11:14:20 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Earlier today, I was setting up my mom's new PC, crawling around on the floor with cables and whatnot. As I was finishing up, I told myself, "don't stand up too fast and hit your head on the sharp edge of the bookshelf above you".

Two seconds later, I was trying not to fall over, clutching my injured skull in pain.

Ah, I'm not the only klutz out there. I feel just a little bit better. Thanks Termi.[:)]

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/27/2012 12:36:27 AM)

quote:

[:-]

Pictures or it didn't happen. [:'(] Update your avatar.

Terminus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/27/2012 12:47:37 AM)

Can't update avatars here, remember?

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/27/2012 12:52:54 AM)

quote:

Can't update avatars here, remember?

Eh? What's all this then? I've changed my avatar a couple times, albeit a couple years ago...

Terminus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/27/2012 12:53:53 AM)

Yep. That functionality stopped functionaliting about six months ago.

alaviner -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/27/2012 1:15:21 AM)

I guess I am stuck with the horse and goat

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/27/2012 2:22:06 AM)

Matrix fantasy baseball leagues are open for registration. I'm in the Matrix Weekly league:

http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1/171767 password Matrix (might be lower case m)

Come and join! It's fun! [:)]

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/27/2012 7:15:44 AM)

Hi all,

Good morning!

Leo "Apollo11"

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/27/2012 7:16:28 AM)

Hi all,

quote:

Ouch! [X(]

quote:

There was a healthy piece of skin left on the edge of said bookshelf. Eeeew...

No stitches needed I hope...

Leo "Apollo11"

Terminus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/27/2012 11:27:57 AM)

No, just a solid abrasion and mild concussion. Got kind of a Michail Gorbachev thing going on top of my head...

Page: <<   < prev  150 151 [152] 153 154   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI