RE: THE THREAD!!! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room

Dixie -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/27/2012 12:24:40 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

No, just a solid abrasion and mild concussion. Got kind of a Michail Gorbachev thing going on top of my head...

You're allowing the Russian people greater freedom of expression on top of your cranium? [&:]

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/27/2012 1:13:22 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

No, just a solid abrasion and mild concussion. Got kind of a Michail Gorbachev thing going on top of my head...

I think that the Soviet version of 'openness' (glastnost) is preferable to that of your calvarium, don't you? [:'(]

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/27/2012 1:51:11 PM)

Good morning - Tithe. [&o][&o][&o]

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/27/2012 1:51:29 PM)

No head jokes from me. [;)]

Terminus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/27/2012 2:06:29 PM)

Eeeeeverybody's a comedian... Except you, Mike.

Dixie -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/27/2012 3:49:42 PM)

The official word around the squadron is that I have a new job from this summer [8D]

[image]local://upfiles/20142/33AE4C26319943579527982862A931D2.jpg[/image]

Terminus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/27/2012 3:51:01 PM)

You got into the BBMF?!?!? Brilliant, mate!

Dixie -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/27/2012 3:55:17 PM)

That's what I've been told. I thought it was a wind-up last week when I was told the BBMF were on the phone [:D] Childhood dream here I come!

AW1Steve -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/27/2012 3:56:42 PM)

Congratulation Dixie![&o] (so I guess we'll NEVER finish that PBEM[:D]).

I hope you feel better T. (And for what it's worth , bare your scars proudly! You got them from being "a dutiful son"! [:D]) [&o]

Dixie -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/27/2012 4:00:14 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

I hope you feel better T. (And for what it's worth , bare your scars proudly! You got them from being "a dutiful son"! [:D]) [&o]

I thought you had the last turn? [&:] No worries, I'm up for a continuation if you are?

AW1Steve -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/27/2012 4:04:25 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dixie

quote:

I thought you had the last turn? [&:] No worries, I'm up for a continuation if you are?

That was meant as a friendly tease, not a guilt inducement. I had sent you the last turn , but I suspect real life took over (with your growing family and job concerns ). If you someday feel that you are bored and want to pummel me some more we can resume it(I'll save it) but you don't need any pressure right now. Won't you have a move coming up? [:)]

Dixie -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/27/2012 4:07:35 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

That was meant as a friendly tease, not a guilt inducement. I had sent you the last turn , but I suspect real life took over (with your growing family and job concerns ). If you someday feel that you are bored and want to pummel me some more we can resume it(I'll save it) but you don't need any pressure right now. Won't you have a move coming up? [:)]

Yeah, there's a move and a busy summer in my near future. Could be May before I actually shift, but I don't know when I'll be able to get a new place in Lincolnshire until nearer the time.

Schanilec -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/27/2012 4:08:08 PM)

Our first thundershower of the year last night. Quite the light show. Odd being as cool as is was last night. Today; another cool (40F.'s) and windy day, up to 40 mph. Possible snow tonight. What happened to our nice, beautiful spring?

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/27/2012 4:17:55 PM)

quote:

That's what I've been told. I thought it was a wind-up last week when I was told the BBMF were on the phone [:D] Childhood dream here I come!

Seriously? That's awesome, Martin! Congratulations! [sm=00000436.gif]

AW1Steve -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/27/2012 4:18:33 PM)

Speaking of moving (My sympathies to Mr and Mrs Dixie) , I've found out I'm not (YEAH!!!!). So if anyone thinks they may be in a mood for an airshow in late August (24-26) , I'm willing to host the 2nd (annual?) "Beef,beer and Bombers" WITP summit. Any intrest? [&:]

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/27/2012 4:21:44 PM)

quote:

Speaking of moving (My sympathies to Mr and Mrs Dixie) , I've found out I'm not (YEAH!!!!). So if anyone thinks they may be in a mood for an airshow in late August (24-26) , I'm willing to host the 2nd (annual?) "Beef,beer and Bombers" WITP summit. Any intrest? [&:]

Interest? There's always interest in my part, Steve-O! Opportunity may be another discussion, but there's always interest. [8D]

Dixie -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/27/2012 4:23:17 PM)

quote:

You're still in Nebraska?

AW1Steve -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/27/2012 4:24:15 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

quote:

Interest? There's always interest in my part, Steve-O! Opportunity may be another discussion, but there's always interest. [8D]

Sorry about the spelling (I was lazy and didn't spell check). And I'm trying to arrange some kind of a east coast visit this fall, so maybe I can buy you beef and beer if you can't make it to my place. [:D]

AW1Steve -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/27/2012 4:25:54 PM)

quote:

quote:

Indeed. And apparently staying here for at least a year , maybe even two. (I'm happy anywhere , as long as I don't have to move. I really hope my next move is my last one). [:D]

Dixie -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/27/2012 4:29:23 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

Indeed. And apparently staying here for at least a year , maybe even two. (I'm happy anywhere , as long as I don't have to move. I really hope my next move is my last one). [:D]

I almost considered volunteering for the RAF Rivet Joint fleet, which would have meant some time out your way for training. But the thought of spending that much time in a larger, duller version of Lincolnshire put me off [:D]

AW1Steve -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/27/2012 4:35:09 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I almost considered volunteering for the RAF Rivet Joint fleet, which would have meant some time out your way for training. But the thought of spending that much time in a larger, duller version of Lincolnshire put me off [:D]

The base is certainly loaded with your countrymen. (As well as other allied nations, including Australia,Canada,and surprisingly Denmark). Along with Rivet Joint , they are here for STRATCOM , Open skies, and a bunch of Liason positions. And they all generally seem to like it here (to our great surprise). A friend of mine , an RAAF type just was sent home after two tours here and was begging for more! [&:][X(][:D]

AW1Steve -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/27/2012 4:37:13 PM)

I'm glad I caught my own miss-spelling before T caught me. He'd have some clever comment about "gerbally", vice generally. [8|]

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/27/2012 4:38:52 PM)

quote:

I'm glad I caught my own miss-spelling before T caught me. He'd have some clever comment about "gerbally", vice generally. [8|]

He would not be the only one to say something about "gerbally". [:D]

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/27/2012 6:16:19 PM)

quote:

The official word around the squadron is that I have a new job from this summer [8D]

[image]local://upfiles/20142/33AE4C26319943579527982862A931D2.jpg[/image]

So cool that you will be fixing up the very same aircraft that Ben Affleck made famous!

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/27/2012 6:20:28 PM)

quote:

Sounds like fun, and I'd heartily endorse Steve and Lou's hospitality and home cookin'. They're great hosts.

My travel plans for the next few months include Cozumel, San Diego and-later-San Antonio. Nebraska-in all its loveliness-will not be on the agenda this year, Steve-o. Hope you have a great reunion, of course.

Glad to hear that you won't be moving this year too. This gives you another year to unpack your boxes of books before having to repack them. [:D]

Nikademus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/27/2012 7:39:15 PM)

Home cooking....whats that?

Nikademus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/27/2012 7:39:58 PM)

my idea of "Home Cooking" is a Swanson TV Dinner.

Nikademus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/27/2012 7:40:15 PM)

Yummers!

Nikademus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/27/2012 7:40:33 PM)

can't beat it

Nikademus -> LOG! (3/27/2012 7:40:53 PM)

mmm

Page: <<   < prev  151 152 [153] 154 155   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI