LOG! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room

Nikademus -> LOG! (3/27/2012 7:41:09 PM)

[img]http://bestsmileys.com/dancing/10.gif[/img] [img]http://bestsmileys.com/dancing/10.gif[/img] [img]http://bestsmileys.com/dancing/10.gif[/img]

Terminus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/27/2012 7:41:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dixie

quote:

quote:

quote:

Speaking of moving (My sympathies to Mr and Mrs Dixie) , I've found out I'm not (YEAH!!!!). So if anyone thinks they may be in a mood for an airshow in late August (24-26) , I'm willing to host the 2nd (annual?) "Beef,beer and Bombers" WITP summit. Any intrest? [&:]

You're still in Nebraska?

Indeed. And apparently staying here for at least a year , maybe even two. (I'm happy anywhere , as long as I don't have to move. I really hope my next move is my last one). [:D]

I almost considered volunteering for the RAF Rivet Joint fleet, which would have meant some time out your way for training. But the thought of spending that much time in a larger, duller version of Lincolnshire put me off [:D]

The base is certainly loaded with your countrymen. (As well as other allied nations, including Australia,Canada,and surprisingly Denmark). Along with Rivet Joint , they are here for STRATCOM , Open skies, and a bunch of Liason positions. And they all generally seem to like it here (to our great surprise). A friend of mine , an RAAF type just was sent home after two tours here and was begging for more! [&:][X(][:D]

Why is this a surprise?

Nikademus -> LOG! (3/27/2012 7:42:37 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Why is this a surprise?

Because you Danishmen are always cracking your skulls on solid objects. [:)]

Terminus -> THE THREAD!!! (3/27/2012 7:43:51 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nikademus

quote:

Why is this a surprise?

Because you Danishmen are always cracking your skulls on solid objects. [:)]

And the solid objects always lose those fights.

AW1Steve -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/27/2012 7:53:17 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Speaking of moving (My sympathies to Mr and Mrs Dixie) , I've found out I'm not (YEAH!!!!). So if anyone thinks they may be in a mood for an airshow in late August (24-26) , I'm willing to host the 2nd (annual?) "Beef,beer and Bombers" WITP summit. Any intrest? [&:]

Indeed. And apparently staying here for at least a year , maybe even two. (I'm happy anywhere , as long as I don't have to move. I really hope my next move is my last one). [:D]

I almost considered volunteering for the RAF Rivet Joint fleet, which would have meant some time out your way for training. But the thought of spending that much time in a larger, duller version of Lincolnshire put me off [:D]

The base is certainly loaded with your countrymen. (As well as other allied nations, including Australia,Canada,and surprisingly Denmark). Along with Rivet Joint , they are here for STRATCOM , Open skies, and a bunch of Liason positions. And they all generally seem to like it here (to our great surprise). A friend of mine , an RAAF type just was sent home after two tours here and was begging for more! [&:][X(][:D]

Why is this a surprise?

In my experince Dannish liason officers are quite rare outside of Europe. I've seen them in the Pentagon, and at various activities in the DC area. I wouldn't be too surprised to see one at Norfolk or even San Diego. Nebraska is an unexpected place to me, and especially STRATCOM.

Maybe after the couple of nuclear accident at Thule in the sixties Denmark wants to keep an eye on our nuclear forces? [:D] At any event I meant no disrespect , I simply didn't expect to see a Dannish liason to STRATCOM.Especially since there aren't any from other European countries. EUROCOM, absolutely. As I said, Dannish liason officers are a fairly rare bird .

On the other hand , he shouldn't be all that homesick. A great many immigrants who settled this area were Dannish , there are a lot of Dannish-American socieites here , some small towns have festivals celebrating their heritage and there is even a tourist attraction small town here that's set up as a Dannish village/museum.

Terminus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/27/2012 8:01:13 PM)

A lot of the Danish immigrants stopped when they got to Nebraska and Utah and places like that.

Dixie -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/27/2012 8:07:32 PM)

quote:

A lot of the Danish immigrants stopped when they got to Nebraska and Utah and places like that.

Probably just got bored of trekking across the wilderness and figured it didn't get any better...

Dixie -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/27/2012 8:09:16 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Why is this a surprise?

In my experince Dannish liason officers are quite rare outside of Europe. I've seen them in the Pentagon, and at various activities in the DC area. I wouldn't be too surprised to see one at Norfolk or even San Diego. Nebraska is an unexpected place to me, and especially STRATCOM.

Maybe after the couple of nuclear accident at Thule in the sixties Denmark wants to keep an eye on our nuclear forces? [:D] At any event I meant no disrespect , I simply didn't expect to see a Dannish liason to STRATCOM.Especially since there aren't any from other European countries. EUROCOM, absolutely. As I said, Dannish liason officers are a fairly rare bird .

I've seen a few Danes come through Brize on their way out, or back, to a certain Asian country. Also seen a couple of Danish Hercs taking guys home.

Terminus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/27/2012 8:11:45 PM)

Danish military personnel are everywhere.

AW1Steve -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/27/2012 8:16:52 PM)

quote:

Ran out of money before they got to the west coast? [:D]

Sorry , couldn't resist![:D] But it seems like that where ever I go in the USA there is always pockets of people grouped together in the oddest places. Norwegians in Poulsboro WA (Which does look like a Fjiord to me), Russians in Richmond Maine, Germans in Bismark ND (who I know were recruited by the rail road companies). Some groups make sense (like Irish in NYC and Boston) or Swedes in Minnestoa or Poles in Chicago. But it's the odd little location that get you. Like Italians settling in West Virgina or central Maine. (Apparently drawn to quarries as stone cutters) . So it's always a surprise to find and ethnic group in some out of the way locality. I suppose that you go where the opportunity is , and you like to stay with the culture you are familar with.

But I am greatful to the immigrants to this area, as I can find Dannish,Lithauanian and Check bakeries, a polish butcher and a Russian importer. Who would have expected it? But I'm happy , even if my waist line protests! [:D] Now if I could find a REAL British Pub! It will go great with that French woman who just emigrated and opened a Boulagrie![:D]

AW1Steve -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/27/2012 8:19:04 PM)

quote:

Certainly where the action is......and important places.....But Omaha Nebraska? [:D]

You can't get Dannish beer here! I've tried! [:D]

Dixie -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/27/2012 9:04:33 PM)

quote:

quote:

Certainly where the action is......and important places.....But Omaha Nebraska? [:D]

Obviously all those Danish military personnel have already bought it.

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/27/2012 10:18:22 PM)

Hi all,

Good evening!

Leo "Apollo11"

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/27/2012 10:20:29 PM)

Hi all,

quote:

The official word around the squadron is that I have a new job from this summer [8D]

[image]local://upfiles/20142/33AE4C26319943579527982862A931D2.jpg[/image]

What exactly needs to be done here? [8D]

Leo "Apollo11"

Kwik E Mart -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/27/2012 10:26:24 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

Obviously all those Danish military personnel have already bought it.

not quite OT, but it reminds me of a scene i won't forget...the aussies were coming to town in their P-3's for a RIMPAC exercise (basically yanks, kiwi's, aussies, cannucks and nippon's best playing wargames)...when they opened the bomb bay doors on their birds, i thought i would see lot's of supplies, gear, etc...nope...it was case after case after case of aussie beer! i think i casually asked one of them where the foster's was...what a mistake...foster's apparently = piss water to aussies...

jeffk3510 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/27/2012 10:37:52 PM)

Ive heard that about Fosters too..lol

Kwik E Mart -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/28/2012 12:42:22 AM)

...newest addition to the family...meet Kaley, 12 week old Wheaton Terrier rescue...VERY fortunate that we were next in line when she got rescued...what a little pistol!!! tons of energy and a weird desire to eat her own poop...ugh...off to the first puppy training class tonight...

[image]local://upfiles/13152/2CC3EF31D5CE4AC1B474AA57F465ECD2.jpg[/image]

Kwik E Mart -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/28/2012 12:46:03 AM)

...couldn't resist...here's another...this girl is definitely not camera shy!

[image]local://upfiles/13152/32C0328916024536871C42331425120D.jpg[/image]

Terminus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/28/2012 1:08:36 AM)

Cute pup!

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/28/2012 2:22:14 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kwik E Mart

...newest addition to the family...meet Kaley, 12 week old Wheaton Terrier rescue...VERY fortunate that we were next in line when she got rescued...what a little pistol!!! tons of energy and a weird desire to eat her own poop...ugh...off to the first puppy training class tonight...

[image]local://upfiles/13152/2CC3EF31D5CE4AC1B474AA57F465ECD2.jpg[/image]

Awesome, KEM! (Except for the eating her own poop part) [:D]

bobogoboom -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/28/2012 4:08:56 AM)

tithe.

the ae computer is a lot harder the the old witp computer. damn destroyer raid kicked my convoys ass.[:@]

bobogoboom -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/28/2012 4:09:48 AM)

quote:

That's what I've been told. I thought it was a wind-up last week when I was told the BBMF were on the phone [:D] Childhood dream here I come!

Congrats man thats awesome.

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/28/2012 10:34:19 AM)

Hi all,

Good day!

Leo "Apollo11"

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/28/2012 10:35:14 AM)

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kwik E Mart

...couldn't resist...here's another...this girl is definitely not camera shy!

[image]local://upfiles/13152/32C0328916024536871C42331425120D.jpg[/image]

Nice! [:)]

Leo "Apollo11"

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/28/2012 1:18:05 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: bobogoboom

tithe.

the ae computer is a lot harder the the old witp computer. damn destroyer raid kicked my convoys ass.[:@]

Good to see you, Bobo! [8D]

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/28/2012 1:18:24 PM)

Good morning - Tithe. [&o][&o][&o]

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/28/2012 2:11:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

Good morning - Tithe. [&o][&o][&o]

What he said...[8D]

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/28/2012 2:12:42 PM)

After the defilement...

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/28/2012 2:12:53 PM)

The debasement...

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/28/2012 2:13:11 PM)

Ain't no way I'm leaving this one open...

Page: <<   < prev  152 153 [154] 155 156   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI