RE: THE THREAD!!! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room

Onime No Kyo -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/25/2012 7:18:11 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: jeffk3510

we're getting a new grill tonight

Haven't seen warspite1 around here much, but I know he'd ask, "yo-why you gettin' all up in my grill, homes?" were he here. You getting a new grill? You been punched in the mouf, blud? Gettin' a beat down?

Hey, psst! You're white!

He's speckled.

Onime No Kyo -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/25/2012 7:19:08 PM)

quote:

"Nice and stiff", eh?

Glad to see you didnt let him get away with that one. [:D]

Onime No Kyo -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/25/2012 7:20:17 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Apollo11

Hi all,

Springtime is in fool bloom here... wild cherry trees are blooming in spectacular whites... I only had pants, short sleeved shirt and sunglasses on today... [8D]

Leo "Apollo11"

Yeah, seems that way here too around election season....[:D]

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/25/2012 7:26:13 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo

Hello gents. Doesnt seem like theres too much action here. [>:]

I received a PM from diehl that he has green buttoned me. It seems that he was very offended at being called an @sshole. [:D]

He sent you a private message to tell you he was ignoring you? [:D]

That's like the commercial on TV lately where a girl calls up her boyfriend to tell him she is giving him the silent treatment. [:D]

Terminus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/25/2012 7:59:08 PM)

quote:

I received a PM from diehl that he has green buttoned me. It seems that he was very offended at being called an @sshole. [:D]

Well, his ego was never his problem.

Terminus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/25/2012 8:24:45 PM)

Just got access to Gatling guns in my Fall of the Samurai game. I hope I don't beat my enemies all the way up before I finish transporting the things from my end of the map to the bad guy end.

nashvillen -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/25/2012 9:38:34 PM)

Just finished a new microwave install the one we had for almost 11 years bit the dust and it would have cost more to fix it than buy a new one. Picked up a Kenmore on the way home from church and two hours later the old one is in the metal dumpster at the local convenience center and the new one is in and running!

Now, on to two turns waiting on me!

Dixie -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/25/2012 9:49:51 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

quote:

That's like the commercial on TV lately where a girl calls up her boyfriend to tell him she is giving him the silent treatment. [:D]

Am I doing this internet thing wrong? I haven't got anyone under the green button yet.

Onime No Kyo -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/25/2012 10:03:30 PM)

quote:

quote:

Well, to be fair, that was only his concluding statement. He also mentioned that he considers implying that someone who lives in S.A. hates black people to be a perfectly legitimate path of logic and also that he is concerned about my "level of conversation" that I would deign to use that sort of salty language. [8|]

Onime No Kyo -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/25/2012 10:05:42 PM)

quote:

quote:

I've been trying to find a link to that commercial where the hockey mom drives her kids around in Subaru to the tune of "If I shall fall from grace with god" but it seems to be some sort of a copyright issue....

Onime No Kyo -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/25/2012 10:06:05 PM)

quote:

quote:

Well, his ego was never his problem.

One more problem would be just too much... [8|]

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/25/2012 10:07:08 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

Well, to be fair, that was only his concluding statement. He also mentioned that he considers implying that someone who lives in S.A. hates black people to be a perfectly legitimate path of logic and also that he is concerned about my "level of conversation" that I would deign to use that sort of salty language. [8|]

I wonder if he knows that the vast majority of the people living in South Africa are...[looks both ways furtively, whispers]...blacks?

Meh. Never mind. Not worth convincing him otherwise.

Onime No Kyo -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/25/2012 10:07:50 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dixie

quote:

quote:

Am I doing this internet thing wrong? I haven't got anyone under the green button yet.

Indeed you are. If I were to pose a hypothesis, I would say that you are generally entirely too reasonable and too good at walking away from inflammatory discussions with trolls. That kind of behavior, sir, will never net you internet fame!

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/25/2012 10:08:28 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

Ron White is proven correct once again. You can't fix stupid! [:D]

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/25/2012 10:08:58 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

Oh! Oh! [holds up hand] Me first! [:D]

Onime No Kyo -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/25/2012 10:09:32 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

quote:

I wonder if he knows that the vast majority of the people living in South Africa are...[looks both ways furtively, whispers]...blacks?

Meh. Never mind. Not worth convincing him otherwise.

Well, again to be fair, I took CT's responses to mean that he is white. But whether he is or not...to quote Daffy Duck "awww, skip it".

Onime No Kyo -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/25/2012 10:10:35 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Ron White is proven correct once again. You can't fix stupid! [:D]

Can we work Bill Engvall in there too and give the man a sign?

Terminus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/25/2012 10:14:47 PM)

And fix it to his forehead with a 20lb hammer.

JWE -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/25/2012 10:36:48 PM)

Well, found a very nice, reasonable, small plane rental place down to Sonny Callahan AF, in Fairhope. They got a couple Pipers, a Beech, and a Cessna available for rental. So, am developing a reasonable radius to go say howdy. Really want to go East, to Tampa and grease it into Davis Island (like I was a kid again), but my Cert is just VFR and I can't go over-water, so might have to stage through Perry. This is looking pretty sweet. Knavey, watch out.

The biggie, of course, is going West. Lots of nasty air space to avoid around New Orleans and Baton Rouge. Maybe do a deep breath in Lake Charles and then a hop to Galveston (Freeport). From there, Texas is my oyster. Want to try East first though just to get some experience, the Jepsons for Louisiana are like a Los Angeles freeway. Woof !!

Grollub -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/25/2012 10:40:34 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

I've been trying to find a link to that commercial where the hockey mom drives her kids around in Subaru to the tune of "If I shall fall from grace with god" but it seems to be some sort of a copyright issue....

Neither of the links below works?

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xfwk5y_subaru-trailer-hockey-mom_auto

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAX82lpnkRE

Grollub -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/25/2012 10:41:26 PM)

... oh, and tithe. [;)][:'(]

... and then Good night friends [>:][>:][>:]

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/25/2012 11:03:06 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grollub

... oh, and tithe. [;)][:'(]

... and then Good night friends [>:][>:][>:]

Hope you're doing well, Per. How's work?

Terminus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/25/2012 11:47:06 PM)

So, got my Gatling guns into action. First battle, watched two batteries (eight guns) of them massacre 700 enemy soldiers, none of whom got within range of my riflemen.

Might be a taaaaaaaaad overpowered.

nashvillen -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/26/2012 12:48:58 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JWE

Well, found a very nice, reasonable, small plane rental place down to Sonny Callahan AF, in Fairhope. They got a couple Pipers, a Beech, and a Cessna available for rental. So, am developing a reasonable radius to go say howdy. Really want to go East, to Tampa and grease it into Davis Island (like I was a kid again), but my Cert is just VFR and I can't go over-water, so might have to stage through Perry. This is looking pretty sweet. Knavey, watch out.

The biggie, of course, is going West. Lots of nasty air space to avoid around New Orleans and Baton Rouge. Maybe do a deep breath in Lake Charles and then a hop to Galveston (Freeport). From there, Texas is my oyster. Want to try East first though just to get some experience, the Jepsons for Louisiana are like a Los Angeles freeway. Woof !!

Ohhhh, nice, especially if you like golf, looks like there is a golf course on every corner [;)]

Right around the corner from the Alabama. If you ever want to go north into Tennessee, let me know. I am in the vicinity of Murfreesboro, TN.

bradfordkay -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/26/2012 2:50:09 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: bradfordkay

Have you received the Stonewall yet?

Terminus, the CSS Stonewall was built in France under the name Sphynx, but was secretly destined for the Confederate Navy. The French government was pressured to block the sale, so it was sold to Denmark under the name Staerkodder. I'm not quite sure what mechanisms were used to then transfer the ship to the confederates, but a CSN crew boarded her in Copenhagen in January 1865 and commissioned her as the CSS Stonewall at sea.

After the war's end her captain turned her over to the Spanish in Havana and the Spanish turned her over to the US government - who then sold her to the Tokugawa shogunate who renamed her Kotetsu (later renamed Azuma).

Terminus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/26/2012 2:55:02 AM)

Game doesn't work that way. You build ships by material (wooden, wooden/copper, wooden/iron and iron) and type (gunboat, torpedoboat, corvette, frigate and ironclad). You don't receive specific ships.

bradfordkay -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/26/2012 3:25:04 AM)

Oh... too bad. I used to enjoy using the Stonewall in the old Yaquinto boardgame Ironclads. She was probably the best commerce raider of the war (but being commissioned so late in the war, she would have to be).

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/26/2012 7:48:11 AM)

Hi all,

Good morning!

Leo "Apollo11"

Dixie -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/26/2012 9:07:24 AM)

Morning chaps [:)]

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/26/2012 10:50:15 AM)

Hi all,

quote:

Morning chaps [:)]

Hello Martin!

BTW, did you see my question about your father the other day?

Leo "Apollo11"

Page: <<   < prev  149 150 [151] 152 153   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI