RE: THE THREAD!!! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (4/1/2012 5:35:28 AM)

INP.

Two in a row: Clean livin' folks...clean livin'.[8D]

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (4/1/2012 10:24:56 AM)

Hi all,

Good morning!

Leo "Apollo11"

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (4/1/2012 10:25:37 AM)

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Just finished a thing called "Dear Esther". It's probably the weirdest thing I've ever done on my computer, except for that one time...

[X(]

[sm=fighting0056.gif]

Leo "Apollo11"

P.S.
What is "Dear Esther"?

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (4/1/2012 3:20:27 PM)

Good morning - Tithe. [&o][&o][&o]

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (4/1/2012 3:20:50 PM)

Coffee and AE. Life is good. [8D]

nashvillen -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (4/1/2012 4:33:48 PM)

Back from Boy Scout campout... AE withdrawl symtoms were not too severe as to endanger the boys, but I will have that taken care of shortly...

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (4/1/2012 6:50:19 PM)

Finished watching "Indiana Jones and the last Crusade" with the family. Fun movie. Off to get some grass seed for the lawn, spare bulbs and an air filter for the furnace. Ah, the joys of home ownership.

bradfordkay -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (4/1/2012 7:46:15 PM)

I love the interplay between Indiana Jones and his dad in that film. It was my favorite of all the Jones' films due to that...

sprior -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (4/1/2012 8:32:48 PM)

quote:

hydro

Like this?

Terminus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (4/1/2012 9:13:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Apollo11

Hi all,

quote:

Just finished a thing called "Dear Esther". It's probably the weirdest thing I've ever done on my computer, except for that one time...

[X(]

[sm=fighting0056.gif]

Leo "Apollo11"

P.S.
What is "Dear Esther"?

"Dear Esther" is inexplicable, is what it is.

It's a two-hour thing, where you walk from one end of an island (which may or may not be real) in the Outer Hebrides to the other, occasionally hearing bits of a story (which may or may not be a hallucination) told by a narrator (who may or may not be you) in the form of letters or diary entries to somebody called Esther (who may or may not have been your wife, but who's now probably dead, or possibly not).

It's a unique experience. It's sold as a game, but all you can do is walk across the bleak landscape and through an amazing cave system underneath the island. At the end, you may or may not turn into a seagull.

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (4/2/2012 12:22:31 AM)

Hi all,

quote:

quote:

quote:

[X(]

[sm=fighting0056.gif]

P.S.
What is "Dear Esther"?

It's a two-hour thing, where you walk from one end of an island (which may or may not be real) in the Outer Hebrides to the other, occasionally hearing bits of a story (which may or may not be a hallucination) told by a narrator (who may or may not be you) in the form of letters or diary entries to somebody called Esther (who may or may not have been your wife, but who's now probably dead, or possibly not).

It's a unique experience. It's sold as a game, but all you can do is walk across the bleak landscape and through an amazing cave system underneath the island. At the end, you may or may not turn into a seagull.

Thanks for info!

Interesting...

Leo "Apollo11"

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (4/2/2012 12:22:54 AM)

Hi all,

Zssssssss time... [>:][>:][>:]

Leo "Apollo11"

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (4/2/2012 12:56:30 AM)

quote:

quote:

Hi all,

quote:

[X(]

[sm=fighting0056.gif]

Leo "Apollo11"

P.S.
What is "Dear Esther"?

[sm=00000117.gif]

Apparently, Thomas Alva Edison isn't the only one dropping acid. Yeesh-when did this game come out?

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (4/2/2012 12:58:25 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: sprior

quote:

hydro

Like this?

Neat designs, but I fail to see how they can scale 'em to anything meaningful. All that muss and fuss over a device that will power 500 homes? You'll have to do a bit better than that to make a dent in the energy demands of some 60 million Britons and 300+ million Americans.

Onime No Kyo -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (4/2/2012 1:04:50 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: bradfordkay

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo
I would lean towards wind and hydro.

So your into chopping up migratory birds and preventing fish migrations, are ya? Actually, I'm with you on the chopping up birds bit...[:D]

I think that every marina should be surrounded by wind farms... saves time spent on cleaning the decks!!

NY should be surrounded by wind farms. Rats with wings.....

Onime No Kyo -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (4/2/2012 1:06:05 AM)

quote:

INP.

Two in a row: Clean livin' folks...clean livin'.[8D]

Spambot. [8|]

Onime No Kyo -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (4/2/2012 1:07:22 AM)

quote:

Finished watching "Indiana Jones and the last Crusade" with the family. Fun movie. Off to get some grass seed for the lawn, spare bulbs and an air filter for the furnace. Ah, the joys of home ownership.

Do. Not. Want. HGTV has killed any aspirations I may have ever had for home ownership. Especially that Holmes guy....dear Thread....

Onime No Kyo -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (4/2/2012 1:07:38 AM)

quote:

quote:

hydro

Like this?

Aye. :)

Onime No Kyo -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (4/2/2012 1:08:14 AM)

quote:

quote:

Hi all,

quote:

[X(]

[sm=fighting0056.gif]

Leo "Apollo11"

P.S.
What is "Dear Esther"?

Sounds almost as fascinating as that one other game where your goal is not go go insane.

Onime No Kyo -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (4/2/2012 1:10:40 AM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

hydro

Like this?

Neat designs, but I fail to see how they can scale 'em to anything meaningful. All that muss and fuss over a device that will power 500 homes? You'll have to do a bit better than that to make a dent in the energy demands of some 60 million Britons and 300+ million Americans.

Its a start. I'm sure it once seemed just as absurd that one light bulb will eventually make a difference in the lives of most people on the planet.

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (4/2/2012 1:52:19 AM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

hydro

Like this?

Its a start. I'm sure it once seemed just as absurd that one light bulb will eventually make a difference in the lives of most people on the planet.

Meh. Ignoring the most transformative energy source in the universe in favor of a significantly more inefficient and untested science? That PC oversight will make a difference in the lives of most people on the planet.

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (4/2/2012 1:53:57 AM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hi all,

quote:

[X(]

[sm=fighting0056.gif]

Leo "Apollo11"

P.S.
What is "Dear Esther"?

Sounds almost as fascinating as that one other game where your goal is not go go insane.

Ah, yes-"Call of Ctuthlu" I remember it well. Oops! AIEEEEE!

Onime No Kyo -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (4/2/2012 1:57:33 AM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

hydro

Like this?

Meh. Ignoring the most transformative energy source in the universe in favor of a significantly more inefficient and untested science? That PC oversight will make a difference in the lives of most people on the planet.

One is very finite the other is (for all intents and purposes) not.....

Onime No Kyo -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (4/2/2012 1:58:05 AM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hi all,

quote:

[X(]

[sm=fighting0056.gif]

Leo "Apollo11"

P.S.
What is "Dear Esther"?

Hmm...no, I dont thinks thats the one.

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (4/2/2012 8:12:56 AM)

Hi all,

Good morning!

Leo "Apollo11"

Terminus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (4/2/2012 10:15:53 AM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hi all,

quote:

[X(]

[sm=fighting0056.gif]

Leo "Apollo11"

P.S.
What is "Dear Esther"?

[sm=00000117.gif]

Apparently, Thomas Alva Edison isn't the only one dropping acid. Yeesh-when did this game come out?

Mid-february of this year. Apparently sold 16,000 copies in the first 24 hours.

Terminus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (4/2/2012 10:20:35 AM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hi all,

quote:

[X(]

[sm=fighting0056.gif]

Leo "Apollo11"

P.S.
What is "Dear Esther"?

Hmm...no, I dont thinks thats the one.

If it's "Amnesia: The Dark Descent" you're referring to, then don't knock it. It's a work of art.

Dixie -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (4/2/2012 10:49:13 AM)

I get to see my new workplace next week, I'm all excited again [:D]

Dixie -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (4/2/2012 10:51:55 AM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hi all,

quote:

[X(]

[sm=fighting0056.gif]

Leo "Apollo11"

P.S.
What is "Dear Esther"?

Proof that you can get a game published even if you're on crack? [X(]

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (4/2/2012 11:22:53 AM)

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dixie

I get to see my new workplace next week, I'm all excited again [:D]

How long will you work there Martin? Permanently?

Leo "Apollo11"

Page: <<   < prev  158 159 [160] 161 162   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI