RE: THE THREAD!!! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room

JWE -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/13/2012 5:33:25 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Apollo11

Hi all,

Small baby Blue Tit died today... [:(]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Tit

Wife and I found small baby Blue Tit last Tuesday while returning home from cemetery (we planted some flowers there now since the spring is in fool bloom). It was on grass and flapping around in short 10-20 cm jumps. It must have fallen or flew from nest and then moved from it because we were unable to find it nor parents. It was clearly hungry because it constantly opened its small beak and asking for food. If we left it here (it was almost night time) it surely would perish so we took it with us home. We fed it with proper chick food (hard boiled egg yolk and such) and it was growing, pooping and flapping around making longer and longer flights for past five days. We planned to release it next weekend since it progressed so nicely. But this morning it was unusually quiet and it didn't want food and it didn't poop... we knew that something must be wrong but nothing could be done... poor little thing died in the afternoon... I buried it in the garden under the tree where I buried all our pets in past 30+ years...

Leo "Apollo11"

Seriously good on you, Leo.

Since moving to Alabama from California, I have rediscovered birds. Have cardinals all over the place; and blue jays, and finches and orioles. Am watching them mate and build nests in the oak trees out front. So cool watching life happen in your own front yard.

I would have done the same thing, Leo. And been just as crushed. And buried it in the garden, as well. Nice to know there's still people like you around. Be well. Ciao. John

Treetop64 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/13/2012 9:34:13 PM)

quote:

Hi all,

Wife and I found small baby Blue Tit last Tuesday while returning home from cemetery (we planted some flowers there now since the spring is in fool bloom). It was on grass and flapping around in short 10-20 cm jumps. It must have fallen or flew from nest and then moved from it because we were unable to find it nor parents. It was clearly hungry because it constantly opened its small beak and asking for food. If we left it here (it was almost night time) it surely would perish so we took it with us home. We fed it with proper chick food (hard boiled egg yolk and such) and it was growing, pooping and flapping around making longer and longer flights for past five days. We planned to release it next weekend since it progressed so nicely. But this morning it was unusually quiet and it didn't want food and it didn't poop... we knew that something must be wrong but nothing could be done... poor little thing died in the afternoon... I buried it in the garden under the tree where I buried all our pets in past 30+ years...

Leo "Apollo11"

That's too bad. [:(]

Must have been heartbreaking watching it progress and then suddenly stop like that.

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/13/2012 10:10:11 PM)

quote:

Hi all,

Leo "Apollo11"

Good on you for trying Leo. Wild birds that fledge too early or fall out of the nest and are abandoned are very difficult to see through. Nature is cruel, but your kindness is a glimmer of humanity trying to make good of it.

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/13/2012 10:42:42 PM)

Hi all,

Thanks guys...

Leo "Apollo11"

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/14/2012 7:51:12 AM)

Hi all,

Good morning!

Leo "Apollo11"

Terminus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/14/2012 11:00:35 AM)

Monday Tithe... One of the small pleasures of AE is when your ASW aircraft actually start attacking submarines by themselves, rather than just pointing and going "Ooooh, what's that?"[:D]

Empire101 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/14/2012 11:24:05 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Monday Tithe... One of the small pleasures of AE is when your ASW aircraft actually start attacking submarines by themselves, rather than just pointing and going "Ooooh, what's that?"[:D]

Indeed!![:)]

Morning All!!

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/14/2012 12:58:37 PM)

quote:

You'll soon realize the slightly larger pleasure of one of submarines sinking outright after a successful aerial ASW attack. Good stuff that.

Good morning tithe. [&o]

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/14/2012 1:47:47 PM)

Good Monday morning - Tithe. [&o][&o][&o]

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/14/2012 1:48:10 PM)

Pun of the Day:

What do you call a dinosaur with an extensive vocabulary? A thesaurus. [sm=happy0065.gif]

alaviner -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/14/2012 4:07:43 PM)

Good Monday morning tithe [&o][&o]
Closed on the new house Thursday. [sm=00000436.gif]
Moved all weekend. [sm=00000002.gif]
Now about to drive 6 hours to Atlanta.[sm=vomit-smiley-020.gif]

Schanilec -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/14/2012 4:08:08 PM)

Oooooooooooo.

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/14/2012 4:12:43 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: NCSUforest

YAY!!! [sm=00000436.gif]

quote:

BOO!

quote:

Bummer...

jeffk3510 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/14/2012 4:27:15 PM)

Good morning.

Hope you can handle this week's matchup Mike [:)]

Schanilec -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/14/2012 4:38:45 PM)

Venison fun in Moorehead this last weekend. Eight deer entered the city. One crashed through a Mall window and died. Another was hit by a van and killed. The van driver took that one home. Lucky bastard. The other one went to the zoo to feed the the wolves. Lucky bastards.

bradfordkay -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/14/2012 5:13:04 PM)

quote:

Did you take a position at Virginia Tech?

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/14/2012 5:52:00 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

YAY!!! [sm=00000436.gif]

quote:

BOO!

quote:

Bummer...

[sm=00000734.gif] on all 3 counts. [8D]

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/14/2012 5:52:24 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jeffk3510

Good morning.

Have you seen my pitching staff? [8D]

jeffk3510 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/14/2012 7:39:18 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

quote:

Good morning.

Have you seen my baseball? [:D]

warspite1 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/14/2012 9:35:35 PM)

quote:

quote:

Good morning.

Warspite1

USS Mike - i think you need to head on over to the Australian Beauties thread; Sophie is not certain of winning her, admittedly tough, group.

The Thread regulars - we are now at the pointy end of this VERY important beauty contest and frankly there are some shocking voting that need putting right. Care to add your votes per chance?

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/14/2012 10:26:20 PM)

Hi all,

Zssssssss time... [>:][>:][>:]

Leo "Apollo11"

Kwik E Mart -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/15/2012 12:01:08 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

quote:

quote:

Good morning.

Warspite1

USS Mike - i think you need to head on over to the Australian Beauties thread; Sophie is not certain of winning her, admittedly tough, group.

The Thread regulars - we are now at the pointy end of this VERY important beauty contest and frankly there are some shocking voting that need putting right. Care to add your votes per chance?

...i would, but i'm silently protesting the fact that Bjork didn't make the Icelandic list...[:(]

alaviner -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/15/2012 2:57:20 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: bradfordkay

quote:

Moved all weekend. [sm=00000002.gif]Now about to drive 6 hours to Atlanta.[sm=vomit-smiley-020.gif]

Did you take a position at Virginia Tech?

Yes I have been at VT for a year now - Full time Research Associate and part-time PhD student

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/15/2012 8:09:22 AM)

Hi all,

Good morning!

Leo "Apollo11"

Terminus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/15/2012 11:27:55 AM)

Welp, Diablo III has landed. It's Diablo II with prettier graphics and a ****ING FRUSTRATING always-online DRM. Really, Blizzard? You're the only ones still doing this...

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/15/2012 11:27:56 AM)

Good morning - Tithe. [&o][&o][&o]

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/15/2012 11:28:29 AM)

Pun of the Day:

England has no kidney bank, but it does have a Liverpool.

(Need to make sure my Brit friends get a chance to groan, too) [:D]

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/15/2012 1:04:17 PM)

Hi all,

quote:

Welp, Diablo III has landed. It's Diablo II with prettier graphics and a ****ING FRUSTRATING always-online DRM. Really, Blizzard? You're the only ones still doing this...

I really really hate DRMs... when I buy something I would like to have normal way to use it...

The reason why I never got BF3 is similar...

Leo "Apollo11"

nashvillen -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/15/2012 3:01:55 PM)

Good morning... Sorry not so active lately. Work has been killer.

Terminus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/15/2012 3:14:32 PM)

quote:

Hi all,

quote:

I really really hate DRMs... when I buy something I would like to have normal way to use it...

The reason why I never got BF3 is similar...

Leo "Apollo11"

I have absolutely no problem typing a code into an activation server once. ONCE.

This garbage is not necessary for a non-MMO, but I think Blizzard would like this to BE an MMO. Just so dumb.

Page: <<   < prev  200 201 [202] 203 204   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI