LOG! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room

Nikademus -> LOG! (5/15/2012 5:55:41 PM)

I worry about what happens when support is discontinued for these 'authenticate via online server' games. I have the two Storm Eagle sea games and Bioshock 2, all of which require an online validation. i agree the lack of control and need for an internet connection sucks. Especially right now when i don't have a reliable connection at my current residence.

warspite1 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/15/2012 7:19:35 PM)

Double post

warspite1 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/15/2012 7:20:51 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kwik E Mart

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

quote:

ORIGINAL: jeffk3510

Good morning.

Hope you can handle this week's matchup Mike [:)]

Have you seen my pitching staff? [8D]
Warspite1

USS Mike - i think you need to head on over to the Australian Beauties thread; Sophie is not certain of winning her, admittedly tough, group.

The Thread regulars - we are now at the pointy end of this VERY important beauty contest and frankly there are some shocking voting that need putting right. Care to add your votes per chance?

...i would, but i'm silently protesting the fact that Bjork didn't make the Icelandic list...[:(]
Warspite1

KEM old chap, I know that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I think I should enquire at this point; are you on any medication that we should know about? [;)]

[image]local://upfiles/28156/F2520CE219F148A49B86C625D9B87AD3.jpg[/image]

OR

[image]local://upfiles/28156/8DCB83C2053447CF8A644DB0E2DFD4F4.jpg[/image]

Terminus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/15/2012 9:29:05 PM)

Welp, despite the negative waves of a certain woodworm, Operation Whoosh Crikey Wahey has been successfully completed. After two weeks of air attacks and a week of ground combat, Doctor Cox's Bazaar is back in Allied hands. Yay!

Kwik E Mart -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/15/2012 10:23:17 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kwik E Mart

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

quote:

ORIGINAL: jeffk3510

Good morning.

Hope you can handle this week's matchup Mike [:)]

Have you seen my pitching staff? [8D]
Warspite1

USS Mike - i think you need to head on over to the Australian Beauties thread; Sophie is not certain of winning her, admittedly tough, group.

The Thread regulars - we are now at the pointy end of this VERY important beauty contest and frankly there are some shocking voting that need putting right. Care to add your votes per chance?

...i would, but i'm silently protesting the fact that Bjork didn't make the Icelandic list...[:(]
Warspite1

KEM old chap, I know that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I think I should enquire at this point; are you on any medication that we should know about? [;)]

[image]local://upfiles/28156/F2520CE219F148A49B86C625D9B87AD3.jpg[/image]

OR

[image]local://upfiles/28156/8DCB83C2053447CF8A644DB0E2DFD4F4.jpg[/image]

...only copious amounts of [hic] cough syrup... [;)]

Nikademus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/15/2012 11:12:03 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Welp, despite the negative waves of a certain woodworm, Operation Whoosh Crikey Wahey has been successfully completed. After two weeks of air attacks and a week of ground combat, Doctor Cox's Bazaar is back in Allied hands. Yay!

bah....the game is borked. Compelling evidence suggests that you always lose.....regardless of which side you play! [:'(]

Terminus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/15/2012 11:29:11 PM)

And compelling evidence shows that YOU have silly hair and drink too much coffee![:'(]

Nikademus -> LOG! (5/15/2012 11:53:23 PM)

"Had" silly hair. After a nice summer bzzzzzzzzzzz I am streamlined. My walk is still silly as i am a charter member of the Ministry of Silly walks.

and you can NEVER drink too much coffee!

Terminus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/16/2012 12:10:45 AM)

Except that you obviously can...[:'(]

bradfordkay -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/16/2012 2:33:47 AM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Apollo11

Hi all,

quote:

Welp, Diablo III has landed. It's Diablo II with prettier graphics and a ****ING FRUSTRATING always-online DRM. Really, Blizzard? You're the only ones still doing this...

I really really hate DRMs... when I buy something I would like to have normal way to use it...

The reason why I never got BF3 is similar...

Leo "Apollo11"

I have absolutely no problem typing a code into an activation server once. ONCE.

This garbage is not necessary for a non-MMO, but I think Blizzard would like this to BE an MMO. Just so dumb.

To me, Steam is just another "always online" DRM. I went out and bought a PS3 so thast I could play Skyrim (being that Steam will just not work over my dialup connection).

witpqs -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/16/2012 2:44:38 AM)

quote:

Except that you obviously can...[:'(]

He doesn't drink coffee. He drinks Starbucks! [:'(]

Nikademus -> L-L-L-L-L-LLOG!! (5/16/2012 5:15:33 AM)

bite your tongue nave.

Starbucks is only drunk in Emergency situations. Otherwise it is pure local Seattle coffee goodness.......like the wonderful barristas outside the 14 Carrots cafe, or Cafe Vivace or Bauhaus.

YUMMERS

JITTERS!!!!!!

BrucePowers -> RE: The THREAD!!! (5/16/2012 5:40:22 AM)

Nik, you are not usually on at this hour[:)]

Nikademus -> LOG! (5/16/2012 6:25:15 AM)

Finishing up a turn for Joe.

I will save Oz for future generations so that they can listen to AC/DC music!!!!

BrucePowers -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/16/2012 7:21:48 AM)

If you say so.[:)]

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/16/2012 8:24:47 AM)

Hi all,

Good morning!

Leo "Apollo11"

Terminus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/16/2012 10:12:10 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: bradfordkay

quote:

quote:

Hi all,

quote:

Welp, Diablo III has landed. It's Diablo II with prettier graphics and a ****ING FRUSTRATING always-online DRM. Really, Blizzard? You're the only ones still doing this...

I really really hate DRMs... when I buy something I would like to have normal way to use it...

Leo "Apollo11"

I have absolutely no problem typing a code into an activation server once. ONCE.

This garbage is not necessary for a non-MMO, but I think Blizzard would like this to BE an MMO. Just so dumb.

To me, Steam is just another "always online" DRM. I went out and bought a PS3 so thast I could play Skyrim (being that Steam will just not work over my dialup connection).

That is 100% wrong, since Steam games can be played in offline mode.

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/16/2012 11:00:00 AM)

Hi all,

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: bradfordkay

quote:

quote:

quote:

That is 100% wrong, since Steam games can be played in offline mode.

But you have to be connected On-Line at least one for each game with Steam - right Kristian?

Leo "Apollo11"

Terminus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/16/2012 11:04:43 AM)

Correct, for activation purposes. Also, some publishers (like Ubisoft[:@]) layer their own DRMs on top of Steam, so everything just goes out of the window there.

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/16/2012 11:15:26 AM)

Hi all,

quote:

Correct, for activation purposes. Also, some publishers (like Ubisoft[:@]) layer their own DRMs on top of Steam, so everything just goes out of the window there.

Darn...

IMHO Matrix approach with serial numbers is the best! [:)]

If some serials are compromised - they are "Black Listed" by installer and all is OK - especially since Matrix games have numerous updated and no cracker will ever try bothering with game that has 5-10-15-20 patches... [;)]

Leo "Apollo11"

Terminus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/16/2012 11:18:18 AM)

I think it's more a case of torrent heads not being prone to playing this sort of game. However, a few Matrix games (and a surprisingly large number of HPS titles) exist on torrent sites.

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/16/2012 11:44:19 AM)

Hi all,

quote:

I think it's more a case of torrent heads not being prone to playing this sort of game. However, a few Matrix games (and a surprisingly large number of HPS titles) exist on torrent sites.

I seriously doubt that any of those games there can be used with Matrix patches/updates (i.e. the users of such hacked games can't update their versions)... [;)]

Leo "Apollo11"

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/16/2012 12:58:43 PM)

quote:

The last game I bought was WitP:AE. [:D]

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/16/2012 12:59:45 PM)

Good morning - Tithe. [&o][&o][&o]

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/16/2012 1:00:13 PM)

I don't want to keep my Brothers in suspense any longer, so here it is.....

Pun of the Day:

I used to be a banker, but then I lost interest.

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/16/2012 1:06:04 PM)

Good morning tithe...[&o]

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/16/2012 1:38:42 PM)

Hi all,

quote:

Diablo III has landed. It's Diablo II with prettier graphics...

How do you like it after 1+ days Kristian?

Did it fulfill expectations 8IIRC it was 10+ years in development)?

Leo "Apollo11"

Terminus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/16/2012 1:56:28 PM)

quote:

Hi all,

quote:

Leo "Apollo11"

I expected a reskinned Diablo II, which is what it is. The DRM fiasco takes a lot from it; I'm currently giving it 70%, instead of the 80-85% it could have earned.

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/16/2012 2:20:31 PM)

Hi all,

quote:

quote:

quote:

I expected a reskinned Diablo II, which is what it is. The DRM fiasco takes a lot from it; I'm currently giving it 70%, instead of the 80-85% it could have earned.

RGR - thanks for info!

Leo "Apollo11"

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/16/2012 3:17:40 PM)

Let's take care of a little bit of business here....

Page: <<   < prev  201 202 [203] 204 205   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI