RE: THE THREAD!!! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room

Kwik E Mart -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (6/5/2012 4:48:41 PM)

new page tithe? [&o]

Kwik E Mart -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (6/5/2012 4:49:00 PM)

booyah! [8D]

jeffk3510 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (6/5/2012 7:30:35 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dixie

quote:

ORIGINAL: Apollo11

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dixie

Just 7 more days to go until my new job!

Relocation plans done Martin?

Leo "Apollo11"

Not really, still waiting for somewhere for the family to move into. I'll be crashing at my parents' place during the week and high-tailing it back here at the weekends. Hopefully that will only be for a week or two before we get our own place.

We did that last year, and now things are wonderful.. A very long seven months mind you, but I do know what that is like. Good luck!

Treetop64 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (6/5/2012 7:40:43 PM)

Jeffk3510, I noticed you mention Kansas City a lot in past threads. I did much of my growing up and went to high school in Kansas City (MO).

jeffk3510 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (6/5/2012 8:27:13 PM)

You bet Lloyd...we're in and around KC a lot on family trips. We watch the Roayls half a dozen times in the summer, and I am there on business trips a lot. I also have cousins that live there.

Treetop64 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (6/5/2012 8:53:41 PM)

Attending the Royals and Chiefs games are a treat. My dad and I were there when the Royals beat the Cardinals for the championship back in '84 I think. Chiefs games are friggin' loud! Stopping at Gates for the food was my favorite part. Never cared for the greeting you receive when walking in, though: "HIII! MAY I HELP YOU!! (while screaming at the top of their lungs)

DivePac88 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (6/5/2012 9:02:01 PM)

Cold (-0) Morning tithe... hope you Guys having a great day, if not, start having one, OK!

[image]local://upfiles/30275/DC764C0D7A3E46E5AAB97825AAA844D0.gif[/image]

larryfulkerson -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (6/5/2012 9:52:55 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Treetop64
quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus
quote:

Boxing accident. After sparring I shadow boxed in the corner. While doing this I turned and threw a jab...
...I underestimated the reach of my jab.

Candidate for the Darwin Awards

Good news is that the wall was wooden and gave a little, and I didn't feel any pain at all for almost half an hour. Thought I was OK. But when I did start to feel it, oh boy!

First and second Metacarpals are fractured, and the Carpals were slightly relocated. Fingers are fine.

Did you at least get a TKO on the wall?

No, but there's a small dent. Does that count?

Hey Tree dude, I really hate it when that happens. I hate to hear about anything suffering. Or anyone. I'd help you if I could. Just know that you're in my thoughts. I'm sending healing vibrations your way.

Grollub -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (6/6/2012 3:02:36 AM)

Good night friends.

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (6/6/2012 7:29:47 AM)

Hi all,

Good morning!

Leo "Apollo11"

bradfordkay -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (6/6/2012 7:43:23 AM)

Good morning to you, and good night to all...[;)]

DivePac88 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (6/6/2012 10:23:19 AM)

Mrs DivePac is watching the Animal Channel, god I hate the Animal Channel. Animal Cops is on, and they are pushing puss out-of a dogs bum, all on a large HD widescreen TV.

[image]local://upfiles/30275/D9B9169E1D984CF9B230A693022C8041.gif[/image]

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (6/6/2012 11:02:12 AM)

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: DivePac88

Mrs DivePac is watching the Animal Channel, god I hate the Animal Channel. Animal Cops is on, and they are pushing puss out-of a dogs bum, all on a large HD widescreen TV.

[image]local://upfiles/30275/D9B9169E1D984CF9B230A693022C8041.gif[/image]

[:D]

Leo "Apollo11"

Terminus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (6/6/2012 11:04:50 AM)

One would think that would be a medical issue, and not something for the police to bother with.

AW1Steve -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (6/6/2012 1:48:04 PM)

quote:

One would think that would be a medical issue, and not something for the police to bother with.

I would assume that depends on how the animal sustained the burn. For example if someone held a hot iron or some other instrument to the dog to deliberately harm it, then yes, it's a crime. (Some of us feel that should be a capital offense). [:@]

jeffk3510 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (6/6/2012 1:56:42 PM)

quote:

Attending the Royals and Chiefs games are a treat. My dad and I were there when the Royals beat the Cardinals for the championship back in '84 I think. Chiefs games are friggin' loud! Stopping at Gates for the food was my favorite part. Never cared for the greeting you receive when walking in, though: "HIII! MAY I HELP YOU!! (while screaming at the top of their lungs)

The Royals won it all in 1985.. I believe that is what you're referring to. Sadly, I was not alive yet... I think I was growing... as I was born in Feb the following year...[:)] Sorry to hear about your hand man.. I have had my fair share of injuries, and none of them are fun.

Des- You always make me smile. You need to watch either Mud Cats or Duck Dynasty... then you will be a happy man.

witpqs -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (6/6/2012 2:29:56 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

quote:

I would assume that depends on how the animal sustained the burn. For example if someone held a hot iron or some other instrument to the dog to deliberately harm it, then yes, it's a crime. (Some of us feel that should be a capital offense). [:@]

He didn't say "out-of a dogs burn", he said "out-of a dogs bum". [:D]

AW1Steve -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (6/6/2012 2:35:08 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

quote:

quote:

Thanks for the correction. [&o] But the point I was trying to make to our friends who might not have seen the show was that the cops are SCPA COPS (Society for the Prevention of cruelty to Animals) and I've never seen an episode which didn't involve either cruelty or abuse. Or both. (Not that I've seen every episode...I'm afraid I don't have much stomach for the horror they show).

Terminus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (6/6/2012 2:41:13 PM)

We don't disagree, obviously.

In other news, a new concert venue is being opened in my town tonight with a totally sold-out (40000 people) Metallica concert. This is in a town that has about 65000 inhabitants.

witpqs -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (6/6/2012 2:54:44 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Thanks for the correction. [&o] But the point I was trying to make to our friends who might not have seen the show was that the cops are SCPA COPS (Society for the Prevention of cruelty to Animals) and I've never seen an episode which didn't involve either cruelty or abuse. Or both. (Not that I've seen every episode...I'm afraid I don't have much stomach for the horror they show).

That's the purpose of the show. SPCA is a private organization that campaigns against hunting, but in some places they actually have been granted special police powers, etc. Very strange and not a good situation.

Cruelty is certainly bad.

AW1Steve -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (6/6/2012 3:01:11 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

That's the purpose of the show. SPCA is a private organization that campaigns against hunting, but in some places they actually have been granted special police powers, etc. Very strange and not a good situation.

Actually , they are not a "private police force", but rather a Public police organization that is funded (mostly , if not entirely) by a "not-for-profit organization" , funded by personal donations. It would be like a group of indviduals getting together to "pass the hat" , and fund a police force that a public entity felt it could not afford. (Not unlike "boot days" that many local volunteer fire department have, just a whole heck of a lot more organized). The cops are real cops.....with additional special training. And unlike "special victims units", and similar police organizations, they don't rely on the public taxpayers dime. [:)]

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (6/6/2012 3:16:08 PM)

Good busy morning - Tithe. [&o][&o][&o]

Schanilec -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (6/6/2012 3:19:11 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I've never heard that the SPCA was against hunting. My mom and friends started the chapter up here about 35 years ago. Do you mean PETA? I'm a member of PETA. People Eating Tasty Animals.[:)]

Schanilec -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (6/6/2012 3:32:36 PM)

Just put in for this coming years deer season (early November). NDGF is cutting tags by 40%, so it is one tag and one tag only. Damn. Populations are way down. It has been a predators paradise; cougars, coyotes, wolves and bears.[:@] And (excepting last winter) a few harsh winters in a row.[:@] Hopefully the numbers will trend up again.

witpqs -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (6/6/2012 3:42:11 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Schanilec

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I've never heard that the SPCA was against hunting. My mom and friends started the chapter up here about 35 years ago. Do you mean PETA? I'm a member of PETA. People Eating Tasty Animals.[:)]

No, I do mean SPCA.

Schanilec -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (6/6/2012 3:43:14 PM)

Really! I've never heard that. Must be different up here.

witpqs -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (6/6/2012 3:44:15 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Actually , they are not a "private police force", but rather a Public police organization that is funded (mostly , if not entirely) by a "not-for-profit organization" , funded by personal donations. It would be like a group of indviduals getting together to "pass the hat" , and fund a police force that a public entity felt it could not afford. (Not unlike "boot days" that many local volunteer fire department have, just a whole heck of a lot more organized). The cops are real cops.....with additional special training. And unlike "special victims units", and similar police organizations, they don't rely on the public taxpayers dime. [:)]

Precisely. But IMO there shouldn't be such a "Public police organization" as you put it that is based on such an advocacy group.

BTW they do plenty of good work, I am not discounting that.

witpqs -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (6/6/2012 3:45:30 PM)

quote:

Really! I've never heard that. Must be different up here.

I wouldn't be surprised if the amount of local advocacy campaigning is different in different places.

AW1Steve -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (6/6/2012 3:55:24 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

No, I do mean SPCA.

I've not encountered that. Could it be a localized situation? I've not run into that in any part of the country I've lived before.
[&:]

AW1Steve -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (6/6/2012 3:58:22 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Precisely. But IMO there shouldn't be such a "Public police organization" as you put it that is based on such an advocacy group.

BTW they do plenty of good work, I am not discounting that.

There isn't. It's a real police force, with real cops, chartered by a real city, trained and accepted by a real state. The only thing that makes it different is it's paid for by donation , not tax payers. Unless you also have a problem with volunteer fire departments? (Not the tax funded...the old fashined ones totally doantion funded). [:)]

Page: <<   < prev  220 221 [222] 223 224   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI