RE: THE THREAD!!! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room

Kwik E Mart -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/13/2011 5:29:11 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: undercovergeek

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kwik E Mart

i'm going to go ahead and go on record to say that my half-sicilian wife makes the best lasanga in the world...bar none...ever...period...<burp>

and youre not going to post the recipe?

not sure exactly what's in there, but i know there's italian sausage...yum...[&o]

Kwik E Mart -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/13/2011 5:29:28 PM)

INP tithe...[&o]

Kwik E Mart -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/13/2011 5:30:00 PM)

man, that was a nOOb gaffe...[:(]

Kwik E Mart -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/13/2011 5:30:17 PM)

guess

Kwik E Mart -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/13/2011 5:30:35 PM)

i

Kwik E Mart -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/13/2011 5:30:43 PM)

better

Kwik E Mart -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/13/2011 5:30:57 PM)

rectify

Kwik E Mart -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/13/2011 5:31:07 PM)

this

Kwik E Mart -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/13/2011 5:31:20 PM)

right

Kwik E Mart -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/13/2011 5:31:31 PM)

here

Kwik E Mart -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/13/2011 5:32:00 PM)

please disregard...i'm not done with my morning coffee yet...<grumble, rumble, sickem, rickem>

Kwik E Mart -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/13/2011 5:35:16 PM)

happiness is...not making your fantasy football playoffs by one tenth of a point...rams? really? rams? [:@][sm=00000018.gif][sm=00000003.gif][sm=00000023.gif][sm=00000002.gif]

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/13/2011 5:35:22 PM)

[img]http://bestsmileys.com/coffee/3.gif[/img]

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/13/2011 5:37:40 PM)

quote:

happiness is...not making your fantasy football playoffs by one tenth of a point...rams? really? rams? [:@][sm=00000018.gif][sm=00000003.gif][sm=00000023.gif][sm=00000002.gif]

Two years ago, our fantasy baseball championship round was the last two weeks instead of the normal 1 week. When the dust finally settled, across 12 offensive and 12 pitching categories, if I had scored 1 single RBI more, I would have won the league championship! One lousy RBI. [:D]

I did win the next season, and in fact scored the double crown last year, winning both my Matrix baseball and football leagues. [8D]

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/13/2011 5:38:49 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: undercovergeek

quote:

i'm going to go ahead and go on record to say that my half-sicilian wife makes the best lasanga in the world...bar none...ever...period...<burp>

and youre not going to post the recipe?

not sure exactly what's in there, but i know there's italian sausage...yum...[&o]

I sho do loves me some lasagna! [img]http://bestsmileys.com/eating1/10.gif[/img]

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/13/2011 5:43:47 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Schanilec

It is absolutely gorgeous here. Upper teens, cloudy and no wind. It is like early November. Not a stitch of snow on the ground. So far we have cheated old man winter.[&o]

No kidding. It's been very mild here as well. I can handle days in the 20s and even 30s throughout this Winter.

We're pretty far behind on precipitation though, which is going to be a problem if it continues through the Spring. I'm not *asking* for more snow, but we may need it to keep ground moisture levels where they need to be for next year's crops.

Nikademus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/13/2011 5:45:18 PM)

SEAHAWK crushing land critter Tithe.

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/13/2011 5:55:54 PM)

Nik, are you having fun playing with that troll?  [:D]

witpqs -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/13/2011 6:02:08 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

It is absolutely gorgeous here. Upper teens, cloudy and no wind. It is like early November. Not a stitch of snow on the ground. So far we have cheated old man winter.[&o]

No kidding. It's been very mild here as well. I can handle days in the 20s and even 30s throughout this Winter.

We're pretty far behind on precipitation though, which is going to be a problem if it continues through the Spring. I'm not *asking* for more snow, but we may need it to keep ground moisture levels where they need to be for next year's crops.

We've been knocking the snow out of the air down here for you. No, no, don't thank me. I'm sure soon we'll miss one and you'll get walloped. [:'(]

Nikademus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/13/2011 6:06:50 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

which one? [;)]

Yeah...i know.....normally i wouldn't waste my time. I mean, i don't mean to be a brat, but its hard to take such dismissive generalities seriously after a while. One thing i have learned over the years though is to not put any more effort into something than your getting in return. Thus i spare the forum several bloated paragraphs demonstrating on how much book knowledge i can spill out while hopefully maintaining some sort of a coherent argument. [:D]

Been there.....done that.....too old to care anymore. People will believe what they will believe and it's a rare occasion when the Internet hosts people who genuinely want to learn from each other. I am again reminded of Eldridge's famous quote "I akin the Internet to a huge library where everyone is shouting at everyone else"

speaking of which....anyone else read the new Burma book?

Schanilec -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/13/2011 6:07:21 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

quote:

quote:

We've been knocking the snow out of the air down here for you. No, no, don't thank me. I'm sure soon we'll miss one and you'll get walloped. [:'(]

Oh man, don't say that. Because when we get walloped, we really get walloped. I mean like an old fashioned Moscow 1941-42 walloped.

Schanilec -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/13/2011 6:11:22 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nikademus

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

which one? [;)]

Yeah...i know.....normally i wouldn't waste my time. I mean, i don't mean to be a brat, but its hard to take such dismissive generalities seriously after a while. One thing i have learned over the years though is to not put any more effort into something than your getting in return. Thus i spare the forum several bloated paragraphs demonstrating on how much book knowledge i can spill out while hopefully maintaining some sort of a coherent argument. [:D]

Been there.....done that.....too old to care anymore. People will believe what they will believe and it's a rare occasion when the Internet hosts people who genuinely want to learn from each other. I am again reminded of Eldridge's famous quote "I akin the Internet to a huge library where everyone is shouting at everyone else"

speaking of which....anyone else read the new Burma book?

Which one is that? I purchased Louis Allen's `Burma: The Longest War'. I can't wait to sink my teeth into that one. But I must finish S.E. Morison first. Half way through Volume XI.

witpqs -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/13/2011 6:14:39 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Oh man, don't say that. Because when we get walloped, we really get walloped. I mean like an old fashioned Moscow 1941-42 walloped.

[image]local://upfiles/14248/691034A597F34E9086E96E3C7E946F51.jpg[/image]

Nikademus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/13/2011 6:18:44 PM)

The Burma Campaign: Disaster into Triumph, 1942-45 by Frank McLynn.

It's not as heavy a read as Allen's book though it still took me a while to get through it. Like Allen's book, you have to read it in spurts because the whole Burma campaign is such a convoluted tale intimately and inseperably linked to the politics and personalities of no less than 4 major nations. Good book. It makes an excellent companion piece to Allen's work, which i'm hoping will be Kindle-ized soon.

Author is definately a fan of Slim who comes out on top. Perhaps deservedly so. I only say that because as the author himself relates, Slim has his defenders and critiques as with any other famous character. Was suprised about the writings on Mountbatten and got a new appreciation for Stillwell, while losing alot of respect for FDR's pro Chiang stance....while Chiang......aieee. It was no suprise that Mao's communists eventually triumphed. Wingate.......lol, that guy needed better meds.

Schanilec -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/13/2011 6:34:21 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

[image]local://upfiles/14248/691034A597F34E9086E96E3C7E946F51.jpg[/image]

You nailed it.[:D]

Schanilec -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/13/2011 6:36:30 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nikademus

The Burma Campaign: Disaster into Triumph, 1942-45 by Frank McLynn.

It's not as heavy a read as Allen's book though it still took me a while to get through it. Like Allen's book, you have to read it in spurts because the whole Burma campaign is such a convoluted tale intimately and inseperably linked to the politics and personalities of no less than 4 major nations. Good book. It makes an excellent companion piece to Allen's work, which i'm hoping will be Kindle-ized soon.

Author is definately a fan of Slim who comes out on top. Perhaps deservedly so. I only say that because as the author himself relates, Slim has his defenders and critiques as with any other famous character. Was suprised about the writings on Mountbatten and got a new appreciation for Stillwell, while losing alot of respect for FDR's pro Chiang stance....while Chiang......aieee. It was no suprise that Mao's communists eventually triumphed. Wingate.......lol, that guy needed better meds.

Now you have my tail wagging to get into that book.

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/13/2011 7:19:16 PM)

Man, oh man...won't the Japanese ever learn? Especially after that marine iguana transformation...

http://blogs.wsj.com/japanrealtime/2011/12/13/wild-monkeys-to-aid-radiation-research-efforts/

Anyone who's ever seen a non-radioactive wild boar in action has respect for their strength and determination. I'd hate to see what this'll do to 'em! [X(]

Nikademus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/13/2011 8:43:10 PM)

quote:

Man, oh man...won't the Japanese ever learn? Especially after that marine iguana transformation...

http://blogs.wsj.com/japanrealtime/2011/12/13/wild-monkeys-to-aid-radiation-research-efforts/

Anyone who's ever seen a non-radioactive wild boar in action has respect for their strength and determination. I'd hate to see what this'll do to 'em! [X(]

GIANT KILLER MUTANT BUNNIES!

[image]local://upfiles/452/24747D3C2006483FAC67489202374782.jpg[/image]

Nikademus -> LOG! (12/13/2011 8:43:39 PM)

scary

Nikademus -> RE: LOG! (12/13/2011 8:43:54 PM)

Mean!

Page: <<   < prev  37 38 [39] 40 41   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI