RE: THE THREAD!!! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room

Schanilec -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/12/2011 6:32:11 PM)

So, so weekend. Fighting Sioux get a split with U. of Nebraska-Omaha. One hell of a defensive series and great goaltending. 1-2 OT loss Friday night. 1-0 win Saturday. However everyone in the WCHA split. So a .500 we sit tied for third. One game this Saturday against the Russian Red Stars. Should be interesting. Then a non-conference series with Harvard the weekend after that.
And those Vikings never cease to astound me on how they can snap defeat out of the jaws of victory. Five turnovers and still in a position to win and then a sixth turnover at the half yard line with 00:09 left.[X(] How did the ref's miss that facemask that would have nullified the turnover? Oh, well.[8|]

Mike, congrats on your son's victory. Did he get any goals and/or assists? Question: 3-0 game. Why the shoot-out?

Schanilec -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/12/2011 6:32:53 PM)

Another UNP! They always sneak up on me.

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/12/2011 8:04:49 PM)

Thanks for the good vibes, Brothers!  Still waiting for a reply on the day and time of the 3rd interview round.  I'm trying to wrap my head around what it means that they want to do a 3rd round.  The account exec and my recruiter at the contracting agency both told me all along that this company always does 2 rounds of face to face interviews, so the 3rd round is new to them, especially since it is with two of the company executives.  The word my recruiter got this morning is that everything still looks positive, so my gut tells me that they may possibly be considering an expanded role for me.  My interview with the CFO as part of round 2 last week included lots of "big picture" quality ideas that he is looking for a way to implement, so maybe things are growing out of that discussion.  [:)]

In any case, thanks for being a supportive audience as I ramble on, trying to make sense of the process.  It is crazy to be so excited, positive, and yet so nervous about something, all at the same time.  [:D]

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/12/2011 8:07:02 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America
may possibly be considering an expanded role for me. 

Will you have to gain weight? [&:]

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/12/2011 8:07:20 PM)

Good luck, of course, dude! [:D][8D]

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/12/2011 8:10:45 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

may possibly be considering an expanded role for me. 

Will you have to gain weight? [&:]

I have no problems accomplishing that! [:D]

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/12/2011 8:11:02 PM)

quote:

Good luck, of course, dude! [:D][8D]

[sm=00000436.gif]

alaviner -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/12/2011 8:14:35 PM)

All Hail Thread
Is this Thread V or Thread VI???

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/12/2011 8:36:22 PM)

ANDY!!!  [sm=00000436.gif]

Hope you're well, buddy!  This is THE THREAD!!! v7.0.  Third under AE.  [:)]

jeffk3510 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/12/2011 10:04:10 PM)

Wholly crapolly, I haven't seen those horses in forever.

Keep at er' btw Mike.

Mike Solli -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/12/2011 11:34:18 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: NCSUforest

All Hail Thread
Is this Thread V or Thread VI???

Andy! Hi! Been wondering where you've been.

Kwik E Mart -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/12/2011 11:47:50 PM)

monday tithe...[&o]

Kwik E Mart -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/12/2011 11:49:01 PM)

i'm going to go ahead and go on record to say that my half-sicilian wife makes the best lasanga in the world...bar none...ever...period...<burp>

alaviner -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/13/2011 12:08:28 AM)

Been around a bit but I have settled into a position Research Associate position at Virginia Tech and working on a PhD in forestry

Mike Solli -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/13/2011 12:30:55 AM)

Good for you, Andy. It's nice to see you.

Onime No Kyo -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/13/2011 12:42:30 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jeffk3510

Wholly crapolly, I haven't seen those horses in forever.

Keep at er' btw Mike.

I'd say its been a while. Long enough for one of those horses to become a goat. [:'(]

Onime No Kyo -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/13/2011 12:46:37 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: bradfordkay

quote:

ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo

quote:

Good morning, y'all.

That reminds me of a debate between two Southern colleagues of mine as to whether the plural of y'all is "all y'all" or "you'uns".

They were both wrong. Y'all is already plural (the contraction of "you all") and thus no educated southerner would use it when speaking to a solo person.

You must be talking about some very strange sort of southerner, because I have personally been referred to as a "y'all" and I'm certain that I was the only one there.

Onime No Kyo -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/13/2011 12:48:06 AM)

quote:

Praying the Chiefs fire Haley after today's embarrassment...

The Almighty is a football fan? [X(]

Onime No Kyo -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/13/2011 12:49:42 AM)

quote:

Setting up a third round of interviews for later this week at my potential new employer with 2 more of the executives.  I've been promised that this is the last round of interviews.  [:D]

Good luck!

undercovergeek -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/13/2011 1:10:42 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kwik E Mart

i'm going to go ahead and go on record to say that my half-sicilian wife makes the best lasanga in the world...bar none...ever...period...<burp>

and youre not going to post the recipe?

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/13/2011 1:55:15 AM)

quote:

quote:

Yes he is. Everyone knows that the hole in the roof of Texas stadium was so that he could watch his team play. [;)]

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/13/2011 7:41:27 AM)

Hi all,

Good morning!

Leo "Apollo11"

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/13/2011 8:07:32 AM)

Hi all,

quote:

Thanks for the good vibes, Brothers!  Still waiting for a reply on the day and time of the 3rd interview round.  I'm trying to wrap my head around what it means that they want to do a 3rd round.  The account exec and my recruiter at the contracting agency both told me all along that this company always does 2 rounds of face to face interviews, so the 3rd round is new to them, especially since it is with two of the company executives.  The word my recruiter got this morning is that everything still looks positive, so my gut tells me that they may possibly be considering an expanded role for me.  My interview with the CFO as part of round 2 last week included lots of "big picture" quality ideas that he is looking for a way to implement, so maybe things are growing out of that discussion.  [:)]

In any case, thanks for being a supportive audience as I ramble on, trying to make sense of the process.  It is crazy to be so excited, positive, and yet so nervous about something, all at the same time.  [:D]

Fingers crossed Mike! [:)]

Leo "Apollo11"

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/13/2011 1:53:33 PM)

Good morning - Tithe. [&o][&o][&o]

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/13/2011 1:54:03 PM)

Last interview session is scheduled for Thursday morning.  I should finally know something by the end of the week.  [:)]

jeffk3510 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/13/2011 2:59:13 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yes he is. Everyone knows that the hole in the roof of Texas stadium was so that he could watch his team play. [;)]

[sm=vomit-smiley-020.gif]

alaviner -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/13/2011 2:59:40 PM)

good luck Mike

jeffk3510 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/13/2011 2:59:47 PM)

Good morning. It is foggy as hell here today.

Schanilec -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/13/2011 4:14:20 PM)

It is absolutely gorgeous here. Upper teens, cloudy and no wind. It is like early November. Not a stitch of snow on the ground. So far we have cheated old man winter.[&o]

Kwik E Mart -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/13/2011 5:28:23 PM)

tithe...[&o]

Page: <<   < prev  36 37 [38] 39 40   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI