RE: THE THREAD!!! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room

Grollub -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/4/2012 12:19:45 PM)

INP [8D]

Doing the INP dance [2012 extended version]*

[img]http://bestsmileys.com/dancing/10.gif[/img][img]http://bestsmileys.com/dancing/10.gif[/img][img]http://bestsmileys.com/dancing/10.gif[/img][img]http://bestsmileys.com/dancing/10.gif[/img]

ETA: *Four bananas instead of the usual three.

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/4/2012 1:12:00 PM)

Morning gents.

jeffk3510 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/4/2012 2:21:57 PM)

Good morning gentlemen....

[:)]

goodboyladdie -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/4/2012 3:16:13 PM)

Tithe.

Any of you guys know how the auto resize works for allied CVs? I am still in my first PBEM for AE and am using USMC groups to fill up the space on my CVs in 1943. Is this wrong? Should I allow resize? When do new historical air units get added to existing air wings? I hate being a noob all over again...

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/4/2012 3:32:21 PM)

Hi all,

Oh my... this is so wrong... this is sacrilege... [:(][&:][8|][X(]

quote:

Great Scot! It's whisky in a can ... eight shots for $5 to be sold in the United States

By DailyMail UK

Potent: Each can will contain about eight shots of 80-proof scotch whisky:

[image]http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/01/04/article-2081966-0F5512AC00000578-789_233x399.jpg[/image]

It's enough to make Scotch whisky connoisseurs choke on their single malt - a Scottish distillery has produced whisky in a can.

Each can, which cannot be resealed once opened, will contain 12 ounces - about eight shots - of 80-proof 'single grain scotch whisky'.

The company hopes to have the product on shelves in major American markets by February 1, retailing for $5 a can.

Unlike bottles, cans cannot be closed after they have been opened. That will force Scottish Spirits drinkers to either finish all eight shots of the blended scotch in a single occasion, or let some of the booze go to waste.

Critics have argued that eight shots of a beverage with the same alcohol content as venerable scotches including Johnnie Walker Blue and The Glenlivet 12 is too many to be sold in a container that can't be resealed.

The spirit has been distilled and matured for three years in oak casks in Scotland, according to the distillery company.

'There are many brands on the market and most brands are not created equal,' Ken Rubenfeld, vice president of operations for the distillery, Scottish Spirits Imports, told The Huffington Post.

'But most brands are served as equals in a glass type of vessel.

'Having something that's so creatively different -- it piques the curiosity.'

Packaging a high-end variety of liquor in what is widely considered to be a low budget container sounds like a novelty. But Rubenfeld insists its convenience -- not comic value -- that will drive sales.

'A lot of people like to have beverages by their pool, on their boat, in a campground, at sporting events or tailgate parties,' he said.

'It's easier to bring a six pack of a beverage verses bringing a bottle of scotch.'

For some, canned beverages carry a low-class stigma. But they don't necessarily mean low quality. In recent years, some microbreweries have turned to cans for reasons including cost, drinkability and sustainability.

'They are opaque, they are completely airtight, and the liners are pretty darn good,' said Lew Bryson, managing editor of Whisky Advocate magazine.

'It is not going to be affecting the flavor. The problem you run into is who is going to bang out 12 ounces in an evening?'

But Rubenfeld insists his product does not encourage binge drinking, arguing that consumers will know it should be sipped like Dewars, not gulped like Dr. Pepper.

'We want people to be responsible -- this is 12 fluid ounces of scotch whisky and people should treat it as such,' he said.

'I would think that your readers and most people of common sense would know that that's a lot of alcohol. They'll crack it open and pour it with Coke or some kind of mixer and have fun with it with their friends.'

Soon after the beverage's U.S. release, Scottish Spirits hopes to begin shipping the cans with an attachment that allows them to be resealed, however a spokeswoman said the brand has not yet developed a design for a resealable top that meets company standards.

'When the top is perfected, people will maybe have half a can with their friends and save the rest,' said Rubenfeld.

Nearly a year ago, an organisation that oversees scotch whisky manufacturing had harsh words for Scottish Spirits, claiming its canned beverage might not qualify as real scotch.

Rubenfeld says his company, which maintains an office in Fort Lauderdale, Fla. and is part of a larger company based in the Cayman Islands, has 'worked diligently to meet every requirement' outlined by the Scotch Whisky Association and codified by 2009's Scotch Whisky Regulations.

Campbell Evans, a spokesman for the SWA, could not immediately confirm that Scottish Spirits has achieved certification as a true scotch whisky, stating he has not yet examined the beverage.

But Evans says the packaging isn't the problem.

'There is no reason why a product that is a genuine Single Grain Scotch Whisky cannot be sold in a can,' Evans said.

Some whisky experts have reservations about the packaging, but Brad Danler, general manager of the Brooklyn, N.Y. whisky bar and restaurant Char No. 4, says it's what's on the inside that counts.

'I understand why beer makes sense going back into cans, but with whisky it's certainly a surprise,' said Danler. 'I can't say that it makes much sense to me, but if it is delicious, then I will gladly crack one open and enjoy 12 ounces.'

Leo "Apollo11"

jeffk3510 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/4/2012 4:00:19 PM)

[X(][X(]

Schanilec -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/4/2012 4:12:17 PM)

Bad, bad, bad. No, no,, no. Wrong, wrong, wrong.[sm=nono.gif]

Schanilec -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/4/2012 4:13:44 PM)

Hmmm. Looking at the post numbers. I wonder who will get the golden post 2012?

jeffk3510 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/4/2012 4:15:13 PM)

I need about 300 more or so..

bradfordkay -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/4/2012 5:09:08 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Apollo11

Hi all,

quote:

Great Scot! It's whisky in a can ... eight shots for $5 to be sold in the United States

By DailyMail UK

[image]http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/01/04/article-2081966-0F5512AC00000578-789_233x399.jpg[/image]

It's enough to make Scotch whisky connoisseurs choke on their single malt - a Scottish distillery has produced whisky in a can.

Each can, which cannot be resealed once opened, will contain 12 ounces - about eight shots - of 80-proof 'single grain scotch whisky'.

The company hopes to have the product on shelves in major American markets by February 1, retailing for $5 a can.

Unlike bottles, cans cannot be closed after they have been opened. That will force Scottish Spirits drinkers to either finish all eight shots of the blended scotch in a single occasion, or let some of the booze go to waste.

Critics have argued that eight shots of a beverage with the same alcohol content as venerable scotches including Johnnie Walker Blue and The Glenlivet 12 is too many to be sold in a container that can't be resealed.

The spirit has been distilled and matured for three years in oak casks in Scotland, according to the distillery company.

'There are many brands on the market and most brands are not created equal,' Ken Rubenfeld, vice president of operations for the distillery, Scottish Spirits Imports, told The Huffington Post.

Packaging a high-end variety of liquor in what is widely considered to be a low budget container sounds like a novelty. But Rubenfeld insists its convenience -- not comic value -- that will drive sales.

'A lot of people like to have beverages by their pool, on their boat, in a campground, at sporting events or tailgate parties,' he said.

'It's easier to bring a six pack of a beverage verses bringing a bottle of scotch.'

For some, canned beverages carry a low-class stigma. But they don't necessarily mean low quality. In recent years, some microbreweries have turned to cans for reasons including cost, drinkability and sustainability.

'They are opaque, they are completely airtight, and the liners are pretty darn good,' said Lew Bryson, managing editor of Whisky Advocate magazine.

'It is not going to be affecting the flavor. The problem you run into is who is going to bang out 12 ounces in an evening?'

But Rubenfeld insists his product does not encourage binge drinking, arguing that consumers will know it should be sipped like Dewars, not gulped like Dr. Pepper.

'We want people to be responsible -- this is 12 fluid ounces of scotch whisky and people should treat it as such,' he said.

'I would think that your readers and most people of common sense would know that that's a lot of alcohol. They'll crack it open and pour it with Coke or some kind of mixer and have fun with it with their friends.'

Soon after the beverage's U.S. release, Scottish Spirits hopes to begin shipping the cans with an attachment that allows them to be resealed, however a spokeswoman said the brand has not yet developed a design for a resealable top that meets company standards.

'When the top is perfected, people will maybe have half a can with their friends and save the rest,' said Rubenfeld.

Nearly a year ago, an organisation that oversees scotch whisky manufacturing had harsh words for Scottish Spirits, claiming its canned beverage might not qualify as real scotch.

Rubenfeld says his company, which maintains an office in Fort Lauderdale, Fla. and is part of a larger company based in the Cayman Islands, has 'worked diligently to meet every requirement' outlined by the Scotch Whisky Association and codified by 2009's Scotch Whisky Regulations.

Campbell Evans, a spokesman for the SWA, could not immediately confirm that Scottish Spirits has achieved certification as a true scotch whisky, stating he has not yet examined the beverage.

'There is no reason why a product that is a genuine Single Grain Scotch Whisky cannot be sold in a can,' Evans said.

Some whisky experts have reservations about the packaging, but Brad Danler, general manager of the Brooklyn, N.Y. whisky bar and restaurant Char No. 4, says it's what's on the inside that counts.

'I understand why beer makes sense going back into cans, but with whisky it's certainly a surprise,' said Danler. 'I can't say that it makes much sense to me, but if it is delicious, then I will gladly crack one open and enjoy 12 ounces.'

Leo "Apollo11"

It's a party in a can!!! [:D]

Honestly, this is going to appeal either to the hard core alcoholics or to folks throwing a party. I won't be buying any...

Schanilec -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/4/2012 6:05:40 PM)

It could be used as an additive to gas in your car to prevent the fuel line from freezing up. Or add it to your winter survival kit to keep you from freezing up. Either way keep a can or two in your car.

jeffk3510 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/4/2012 6:10:09 PM)

I will be in Kansas City from next Wednesday until Sunday for our board retreat. I was curious if we have anyone that is in that area will be around?

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/4/2012 6:13:13 PM)

quote:

Hi all,

quote:

By DailyMail UK

Leo "Apollo11"

Yeah! Boo-yah, baby! [:D]

I'd definitely buy a 6-pack! For the same reason that I bought "Billy Beer" and have beer from the Albuquerque Isotopes (a minor league baseball team). I do wonder what the quality of the beverage will be though.

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/4/2012 6:14:51 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jeffk3510

I will be in Kansas City from next Wednesday until Sunday for our board retreat. I was curious if we have anyone that is in that area will be around?

Yes. There should be many people from the area around Kansas City around then. [sm=dizzy.gif] [;)]

jeffk3510 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/4/2012 6:36:50 PM)

I may have poor English, but atleast Grejoys makes me feel better.

Schanilec -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/4/2012 6:40:46 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jeffk3510

I need about 300 more or so..

Sorry about the confusion.
Actually I was looking at the lower right corner of each post. Otherwise I also have a long way to go.

Schanilec -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/4/2012 6:41:35 PM)

The UNP snuck up on me again.[:'(]

Schanilec -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/4/2012 6:42:05 PM)

Great job Jeff.

Schanilec -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/4/2012 6:43:17 PM)

Wait a minute something happened to my machine.

Schanilec -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/4/2012 6:45:50 PM)

Ah, there we go. I had to burp my computer.

Kwik E Mart -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/4/2012 6:50:28 PM)

first day at work in two weeks...man, i did not miss this place at all...[:(]

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/4/2012 6:56:23 PM)

quote:

Hi all,

Leo "Apollo11"

Leo,

This just reminded me that it's been a long time since we've seen chicken in a can. Behold! Now THAT's what I'm talkin' bout! [:D]

[image]local://upfiles/6968/A7E2259D3094434388976D697042779D.jpg[/image]

Schanilec -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/4/2012 6:59:50 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

Hi all,

Leo "Apollo11"

Leo,

This just reminded me that it's been a long time since we've seen chicken in a can. Behold! Now THAT's what I'm talkin' bout! [:D]

Now there's on of my hidden sin's. I have bought that a few times. Add rice, throw it in the oven for half an hour. And done. I'm single so what the hell.[:'(]

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/4/2012 7:01:24 PM)

Not to be outdone!

[image]local://upfiles/6968/AA8E10B8C5A745B1AEF59809BE92EB27.jpg[/image]

jeffk3510 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/4/2012 7:52:08 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Schanilec

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

Hi all,

Leo "Apollo11"

Leo,

Now there's on of my hidden sin's. I have bought that a few times. Add rice, throw it in the oven for half an hour. And done. I'm single so what the hell.[:'(]

Marko Polo-

Being single wouldn't be all that bad... my wife has attitude 99.7% of the time...the other .03% is when I am not arround.. unfortunately...

jeffk3510 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/4/2012 7:52:34 PM)

Might

jeffk3510 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/4/2012 7:52:47 PM)

as

jeffk3510 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/4/2012 7:52:55 PM)

well

jeffk3510 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/4/2012 7:53:02 PM)

clean

jeffk3510 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/4/2012 7:53:11 PM)

this

Page: <<   < prev  65 66 [67] 68 69   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI