RE: THE THREAD!!! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room

Dixie -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/19/2012 1:16:28 PM)

[:(]  Sorry to hear that mate

nashvillen -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/19/2012 2:23:17 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Schanilec

Of course it's the coldest week of the year. My birthday is tomorrow.

Happy Birthday!

nashvillen -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/19/2012 2:24:25 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: goodboyladdie

Tithe...

My poor old dog Laddie, for whom this version of me is named had a seizure yesterday. He has perked up and is eating today, but I don't think we have long with the poor old sod now. He was a true hero of the war on drugs. In his 6 years of service he must have sniffed out going on a tonne of cocaine.

Sorry to hear about Laddie, hope and pray for the best.

nashvillen -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/19/2012 2:24:57 PM)

Also, Good Morning, all...

jeffk3510 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/19/2012 2:33:58 PM)

Sorry to hear about Laddie.

Andre- that guy behind the captain looks extremely happy to be there...[&:]

Marc- Happy birthday mate.

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/19/2012 2:36:22 PM)

Hi all,

quote:

Tithe...

My poor old dog Laddie, for whom this version of me is named had a seizure yesterday. He has perked up and is eating today, but I don't think we have long with the poor old sod now. He was a true hero of the war on drugs. In his 6 years of service he must have sniffed out going on a tonne of cocaine.

Sorry to hear that... [:(]

Leo "Apollo11"

Schanilec -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/19/2012 4:03:48 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jeffk3510

27th?! :)

Not quite x2. Also Robert E. Lee's is today.[:)]

Schanilec -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/19/2012 4:11:56 PM)

quote:

Tithe...

My first Labrador was prone to seizures. The first one is the scariest. It only lasts a couple of minutes. But it seems like an enternity. After that just be there for him. Hold and calm him to help prevent injury. Watch the color of his tongue. Blue would mean lack of oxygen. Take him to the vet. After that he should return to normal. Let him outside and he'll also be thirsty. Hope all goes well for the Lad.

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/19/2012 5:03:36 PM)

quote:

Tithe...

Sorry to hear that, mate. Anything that can be treated?

bradfordkay -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/19/2012 5:03:53 PM)

Happy birthday, schani! I hope you get those new fatigues!!! [;)]

jeffk3510 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/19/2012 5:03:57 PM)

quote:

quote:

Mine is the same as Abe Lincolns... you and I are damn famous people...[&o]

Schanilec -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/19/2012 6:02:54 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

We must get together at Appomatox. Arlington is being renovated.

Schanilec -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/19/2012 6:04:20 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: bradfordkay

Happy birthday, schani! I hope you get those new fatigues!!! [;)]

Or a pony.[;)]

goodboyladdie -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/19/2012 6:51:45 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

Tithe...

Sorry to hear that, mate. Anything that can be treated?

His kidneys are getting better, but he has high blood pressure, which is what caused the seizure. £250 later he is bouncing around like a bloody puppy. I guess our geriatric journey of discovery continues!

goodboyladdie -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/19/2012 6:55:12 PM)

It takes me 10 minutes to sort out his meds before his evening meal and now I have more to try to get down a wise old dog's throat. It is testing my ingenuity and patience. He rushed out to play football with me and Freddie earlier today and tottered after a tennis ball. While he still wants to play, we can't give up on him...

Schanilec -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/19/2012 6:55:32 PM)

Great to hear. Give him a scratch behind the ears for me.

nashvillen -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/19/2012 7:24:47 PM)

I have a 16 year old yellow lab that is still doing all the usual dog bodily functions. She is deaf, but sleeps comfortably on her mat in front of the fireplace. She has some hip displasia, but as long as she stays off of the hardwood floors she is fine. One of these days, I am going to have to make the hard choice to finish things for her or she is going just now wake up. It will be a sad day, either way.

nashvillen -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/19/2012 7:25:33 PM)

Double post

Terminus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/19/2012 7:59:01 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: nashvillen

I have a 16 year old yellow lab that is still doing all the usual dog bodily functions. She is deaf, but sleeps comfortably on her mat in front of the fireplace. She has some hip displasia, but as long as she stays off of the hardwood floors she is fine. One of these days, I am going to have to make the hard choice to finish things for her or she is going just now wake up. It will be a sad day, either way.

I seem to recall that labs are particularly susceptible to dysplasia?

nashvillen -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/19/2012 8:26:38 PM)

Yes, they are. She is not a pure lab and I think that helps. She does have OCD and that is when it comes to a tennis ball. Show her a tennis ball and nothing else matters! Used to wear her out as a puppy throwing ball after ball for her.

Schanilec -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/19/2012 9:09:59 PM)

My lab could be in the Sahara and he'd still find a tennis ball. His dad was over 6 1/2 when I had to make the terrible choice. A very, very bad day and next couple of weks. He had bone cancer. At least he and his son got to spend a few weeks together. They were great together. To bad it couldn't last.
His son, Rascal, is 7 1/2 and still going strong. And not even a hint of white on his muzzle. I still keep in touch with a few of his siblings. One livse a block and a half away.
It is fun to have them running together at the park or local slough.

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/19/2012 9:19:56 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

quote:

Labs are commonly affected with it, but there's a much stronger familial inheritability than there is a breed association. "Pure bred" or such and such registered don't really enter into it, it's about familial lines. Breeders that REALLY want to get it out of their systems will have prepurchase or prebreeding screens for dysplasia.

Like humans, there's also an association with obesity and hip / joint problems, such as dysplastic changes to joints.

nashvillen -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/19/2012 9:21:22 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

quote:

Labs are commonly affected with it, but there's a much stronger familial inheritability than there is a breed association. "Pure bred" or such and such registered don't really enter into it, it's about familial lines. Breeders that REALLY want to get it out of their systems will have prepurchase or prebreeding screens for dysplasia.

Like humans, there's also an association with obesity and hip / joint problems, such as dysplastic changes to joints.

Cool, thanks for the information! I guess I did my part when I spayed her as a puppy!

Kwik E Mart -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/19/2012 10:54:50 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

...and mine is george washington's...make it three damn famous people!...

semi-true story: told a young lady one day that my birthday was the same as george washington...she got very excited, then a perplexed look came over her face and she replied "that must really be a bummer to have your birthday on a monday every year..." [8|]

HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY, SHAN!!!

Kwik E Mart -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/19/2012 11:00:58 PM)

quote:

It takes me 10 minutes to sort out his meds before his evening meal and now I have more to try to get down a wise old dog's throat. It is testing my ingenuity and patience. He rushed out to play football with me and Freddie earlier today and tottered after a tennis ball. While he still wants to play, we can't give up on him...

our canine friends never give up...enjoy every moment you can now that the writing is on the wall, so to speak. i sometimes wish that our little buddy had exited more slowly so that we could have put more emphasis on our last days together...but alas, he got called to the rainbow bridge unexpectedly...god bless

Schanilec -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/19/2012 11:08:13 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kwik E Mart

quote:

quote:

quote:

semi-true story: told a young lady one day that my birthday was the same as george washington...she got very excited, then a perplexed look came over her face and she replied "that must really be a bummer to have your birthday on a monday every year..." [8|]

That's funny.[:D]

Now we need some 20th century personalities.

Anyway. Here's to us.[sm=00000436.gif]

Schanilec -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/19/2012 11:10:50 PM)

Well it hit 0F. And I had better flame up the SUV. I have a cheap spin-off of auto-start. It's Oughta-start. Like 'I oughta start the SUV for a few minutes before I leave tonight.'[:'(]

Schanilec -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/19/2012 11:17:38 PM)

Night all.

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/19/2012 11:35:21 PM)

Hi all,

Zsssssss time... [>:][>:][>:]

Leo "Apollo11"

nashvillen -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/19/2012 11:54:54 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kwik E Mart

quote:

quote:

quote:

That's funny.[:D]

Now we need some 20th century personalities.

Anyway. Here's to us.[sm=00000436.gif]

A quick google search brings up the following for my birthday (15 MAY):

Emmitt Smith - Hall of Fame Running Back in US Football
James Mason - Actor Captain Nemo in Disney's 20,000 Leagues under the Sea
Eddy Arnold - Country Music pioneer
Madaline Albright - Sec State Clinton Administration (really don't want to claim this one, but oh well)
George Brett - Kansas City Royals US Baseball player

Page: <<   < prev  86 87 [88] 89 90   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI