RE: THE THREAD!!! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room

Kwik E Mart -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/20/2012 1:03:41 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: nashvillen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Schanilec

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kwik E Mart

quote:

ORIGINAL: jeffk3510

quote:

quote:

27th?! :)

Not quite x2. Also Robert E. Lee's is today.[:)]

Mine is the same as Abe Lincolns... you and I are damn famous people...[&o]

...and mine is george washington's...make it three damn famous people!...

semi-true story: told a young lady one day that my birthday was the same as george washington...she got very excited, then a perplexed look came over her face and she replied "that must really be a bummer to have your birthday on a monday every year..." [8|]

HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY, SHAN!!!

That's funny.[:D]

Now we need some 20th century personalities.

Anyway. Here's to us.[sm=00000436.gif]

A quick google search brings up the following for my birthday (15 MAY):

Emmitt Smith - Hall of Fame Running Back in US Football
James Mason - Actor Captain Nemo in Disney's 20,000 Leagues under the Sea
Eddy Arnold - Country Music pioneer
Madaline Albright - Sec State Clinton Administration (really don't want to claim this one, but oh well)
George Brett - Kansas City Royals US Baseball player

that's quite good company...'cept smith...dern cowboys...[;)]

jeffk3510 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/20/2012 1:56:47 AM)

George Brett. Wooot wooot!

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/20/2012 7:55:26 AM)

Hi all,

Good morning!

Leo "Apollo11"

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/20/2012 8:47:14 AM)

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: goodboyladdie

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

Tithe...

My poor old dog Laddie, for whom this version of me is named had a seizure yesterday. He has perked up and is eating today, but I don't think we have long with the poor old sod now. He was a true hero of the war on drugs. In his 6 years of service he must have sniffed out going on a tonne of cocaine.

Sorry to hear that, mate. Anything that can be treated?

His kidneys are getting better, but he has high blood pressure, which is what caused the seizure. £250 later he is bouncing around like a bloody puppy. I guess our geriatric journey of discovery continues!

Good news! [:)]

Leo "Apollo11"

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/20/2012 11:46:58 AM)

Hi all,

quote:

It's worth a repost for you lot...

[image]local://upfiles/6968/319A5623771A445580FA25D19F26D089.jpg[/image]

Check this out - plotted course (including speed) of "Costa Concordia" - watch using 720p HD option for best detail!

Grounding of the Costa Concordia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5mbKt7rQkQ

If this is genuine (and it looks that way) - this is simply terrible - absolute negligence on the behalf of the captain! [X(][X(][X(]

Leo "Apollo11"

nashvillen -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/20/2012 1:25:08 PM)

Good Morning, all!

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/20/2012 2:15:31 PM)

quote:

It takes me 10 minutes to sort out his meds before his evening meal and now I have more to try to get down a wise old dog's throat. It is testing my ingenuity and patience. He rushed out to play football with me and Freddie earlier today and tottered after a tennis ball. While he still wants to play, we can't give up on him...

Glad to hear it, Carl! [:)]

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/20/2012 2:18:58 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kwik E Mart

quote:

quote:

quote:

27th?! :)

Not quite x2. Also Robert E. Lee's is today.[:)]

Mine is the same as Abe Lincolns... you and I are damn famous people...[&o]

...and mine is george washington's...make it three damn famous people!...

semi-true story: told a young lady one day that my birthday was the same as george washington...she got very excited, then a perplexed look came over her face and she replied "that must really be a bummer to have your birthday on a monday every year..." [8|]

HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY, SHAN!!!

That's funny.[:D]

Now we need some 20th century personalities.

Anyway. Here's to us.[sm=00000436.gif]

OK. My birthday is the same as Bob Saget. [8|] [:D]

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/20/2012 2:20:42 PM)

Good Friday morning - Tithe. [&o][&o][&o]

Terminus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/20/2012 2:22:12 PM)

Disclaimer: this is not a political comment, it's a personality (despicable) comment:

Newt Gingrich.

That is all.

jeffk3510 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/20/2012 2:27:51 PM)

[8|]

AW1Steve -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/20/2012 3:20:09 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Disclaimer: this is not a political comment, it's a personality (despicable) comment:

Newt Gingrich.

That is all.

OK, it's not a political statement. Got it. Can we leave it now? Frankly I don't like it when people air their "non-political" political opinions on this forum. Think that matters a bit?[:(]
So how about you do us a favor , and keep your "non-political" political comment for Facebook (where they belong) and spare us? [&:]

Maybe we should all ask ourselves before we post such comments, "does it belong here? Does it contribute one Iota to our enjoyment of the game? Or is it simply going tp piss someone off and start a flame war? ". I'm not just picking on you T. You just happened to be the guy who's comment set me off.There are many who do it, but we've sooner or later got to say ENOUGH! And you can't have two sets of rules, one for your friends and one for your foes. [:-]

Schanilec -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/20/2012 4:13:57 PM)

Dolly Parton is also the 19th.
I have a classmate from high school born same day, same year, same hospital. I told him if you can beat 1:44 am. Otherwise respect your elders.
After college and live for a time in Fargo (thumbs down on that town). Several us shared a house. One person mentioned that it was her birthday tomorrow (the 16th) as it turn out we had a birthday each day from the 16th through the 20th. It was a pretty fun week.

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/20/2012 4:14:32 PM)

Hi all,

It is raining here today tithe... I can't remember when it rained last (and snow is nowhere to see as well)...

Leo "Apollo11"

jeffk3510 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/20/2012 4:29:01 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Newt Gingrich.

That is all.

OK, it's not a political statement. Got it. Can we leave it now? Frankly I don't like it when people air their "non-political" political opinions on this forum. Think that matters a bit?[:(]
So how about you do us a favor , and keep your "non-political" political comment for Facebook (where they belong) and spare us? [&:]

Maybe we should all ask ourselves before we post such comments, "does it belong here? Does it contribute one Iota to our enjoyment of the game? Or is it simply going tp piss someone off and start a flame war? ". I'm not just picking on you T. You just happened to be the guy who's comment set me off.There are many who do it, but we've sooner or later got to say ENOUGH! And you can't have two sets of rules, one for your friends and one for your foes. [:-]

Thank you

jeffk3510 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/20/2012 4:30:03 PM)

quote:

Dolly Parton is also the 19th.
I have a classmate from high school born same day, same year, same hospital. I told him if you can beat 1:44 am. Otherwise respect your elders.
After college and live for a time in Fargo (thumbs down on that town). Several us shared a house. One person mentioned that it was her birthday tomorrow (the 16th) as it turn out we had a birthday each day from the 16th through the 20th. It was a pretty fun week.

Party Week [sm=00000436.gif]

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/20/2012 4:35:26 PM)

Good morning, THREAD dudes...

Black ice morning commute tithe...

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/20/2012 4:36:44 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Apollo11
Check this out - plotted course (including speed) of "Costa Concordia" - watch using 720p HD option for best detail!

Interesting-thanks for sharing, Leo.

It's nice to have visual evidence confirming my previous statement-what a dumbass!

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/20/2012 4:37:26 PM)

Ugh. Should have sold my Google March call options yesterday tithe...[X(]

jeffk3510 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/20/2012 4:50:35 PM)

[:D]

Schanilec -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/20/2012 6:56:55 PM)

4 above out. Another great coffee day.[8D]

Mike Solli -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/20/2012 8:09:00 PM)

I had decided to stop looking for a job this month. Really burned out. I got an email then phone call from a company that's interested. Pay a little on the low side, but they're definitely interested. Round 2 on Monday. Wow!

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/20/2012 8:33:42 PM)

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mike Solli

I had decided to stop looking for a job this month. Really burned out. I got an email then phone call from a company that's interested. Pay a little on the low side, but they're definitely interested. Round 2 on Monday. Wow!

Fingers crossed Mike!

Leo "Apollo11"

AW1Steve -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/20/2012 8:46:03 PM)

Goood luck Mike!

AW1Steve -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/20/2012 8:50:44 PM)

So let me ask my technologically gifted brethern a "Hypothetical" question. Let's say someone who has been banned from the forum for bad behavior goes and creates another identity. Or say 5 or 6. And in doing , he continues this bad behavior. Besides closing each of these "personalities" (which is doubtful , as each one will be treated fairly by the moderators as an individual) is there any way that a IT savy person could prove conclusively that this individual is the same one , and say just shut out that IP address. Of course this is totally , purely hypothetical. [:D]

AW1Steve -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/20/2012 8:51:50 PM)

quote:

Good morning, THREAD dudes...

Black ice morning commute tithe...

You have my utmost sympathies. Weather like that makes me want to trade my car in for a dogsled and team! [8|]

Schanilec -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/20/2012 9:06:48 PM)

On word - Snowmobile.

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/20/2012 9:08:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

So let me ask my technologically gifted brethern a "Hypothetical" question. Let's say someone who has been banned from the forum for bad behavior goes and creates another identity. Or say 5 or 6. And in doing , he continues this bad behavior. Besides closing each of these "personalities" (which is doubtful , as each one will be treated fairly by the moderators as an individual) is there any way that a IT savy person could prove conclusively that this individual is the same one , and say just shut out that IP address. Of course this is totally , purely hypothetical. [:D]

Hypothetically, of course...[;)]

I've seen some of our more astute technophile forumites trace back someone's ISP to a geographical location and post a map of said location in an effort to quiet certain posters. I don't know how the heck they would do it, but I think it could be done.

Schanilec -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/20/2012 9:08:37 PM)

Edit above: One Word - Snowmobile.[:'(]

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (1/20/2012 9:09:36 PM)

quote:

On word - Snowmobile.

Not enough snow for that. It's 'grin and bear it' weather. Hey, it keeps away a lot of the riff raff-at least that's what we tell ourselves for being dumb enough to sit through months of this nonsense...[:D]

Page: <<   < prev  87 88 [89] 90 91   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI