RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

parusski -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (5/21/2012 6:06:52 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: SLAAKMAN

A bitter lesson for my Lord parusski;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2uzLqry46o
[:'(]

What the hell are you blathering about now??

SLAAKMAN -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (5/21/2012 2:19:19 PM)

What am I blathering about My Lord Parusski? I am blathering about your favorite hippy substance....Love Power!!

Love Power - Lorenzo St. DuBois
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkYBJId7WZs

SLAAKMAN -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (5/21/2012 2:28:20 PM)

И мой Господь Parsski Я говорю о Весна для Гитлера!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsNsnxYcSLY

warspite1 -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (6/3/2012 10:38:35 PM)

As I'm not in work until Wednesday (thanks you Your Majesty) I'm off to watch The Battle For Russia (part of the Battlefield series) [:)].

Orm -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (6/3/2012 10:53:16 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

As I'm not in work until Wednesday (thanks you Your Majesty) I'm off to watch The Battle For Russia (part of the Battlefield series) [:)].

And now I feel envious. [:)]

Titanwarrior89 -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (6/3/2012 11:23:32 PM)

Aliens!  Get e'm Ripley[;)]

SLAAKMAN -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (6/4/2012 2:59:11 PM)

"Defamation"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOUlJLrQ3sQ

Orm -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (6/4/2012 4:47:06 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: SLAAKMAN

"Defamation"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOUlJLrQ3sQ

Interesting documentary. I am sure it creates debate.

Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

SLAAKMAN -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (6/20/2012 7:53:50 PM)

Mission Impossible; Can you maintain eye contact?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ri0N_ifn2iM&NR=1

warspite1 -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (6/20/2012 8:09:14 PM)

There is a documentary on at the weekend that details the life and works of the great Ambrose. Should be worth watching; needless to say with a writer so prolific and a rich life so full, it is spread over two evenings and each show is two hours long. Can't wait [&o]

warspite1 -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (6/22/2012 6:28:34 PM)

quote:

There is a documentary on at the weekend that details the life and works of the great Ambrose. Should be worth watching; needless to say with a writer so prolific and a rich life so full, it is spread over two evenings and each show is two hours long. Can't wait [&o]
Warspite1

One day to go!! This is going to be soooo cool [&o]

ilovestrategy -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (6/22/2012 11:30:31 PM)

Ambrose is beyond Awesome. I have his entire library! He's done everything from debunking Victorian tea making myths to tracking the Yeti. He is my hero.

warspite1 -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (6/23/2012 6:05:08 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ilovestrategy

Ambrose is beyond Awesome. I have his entire library! He's done everything from debunking Victorian tea making myths to tracking the Yeti. He is my hero.
Warspite1

Wow - that must have cost a fortune!! - I take it you will be tuning in?

harryden -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (6/23/2012 12:44:59 PM)

I'm just watching the second season of Merlin episode on TV...

Watch Eureka Online With HD quality Videos..

warspite1 -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (6/23/2012 12:48:46 PM)

That's great info harryden thanks for sharing! If you have anymore tidbits of info you'd like to let the forum know about, then please feel free to shove them where the sun doesn't shine.

Thank-you.

warspite1 -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (6/26/2012 7:04:02 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: ilovestrategy

Warspite1

Wow - that must have cost a fortune!! - I take it you will be tuning in?
Warspite1

I guess judging by the lack of reaction, no one bothered to watch the first part of the Ambrose story? I must confess to being very disappointed with the documentary - or character assasination more like - and so doubt I will watch part II.

The program was clearly out to advance the film makers own agenda (I note that the son of Ambroses' nemesis, Franklin was part of the production team). Some of their claims were just plain ludicrous though, for example:

- Claiming that there is no such thing as Brazilian Peanut Brittle (BPB) without producing a shred of evidence for its non-existence.
- Claiming that the fabled T-34 tank was NOT made of BPB - an absolutely bizarre claim in anyone's book
- Claiming that Motown records was not founded in 1812, the Indian warrior Tecumseh did not invent bell-bottom trousers, and that Diana Ross is not 218-years old. Totally wrong!

But the worst of it was the nonsense spouted half way through. Franklin and co actually maintain that Ambrose and his 400 + books don't actually exist and that he - and his works - are just the product of some retarded overgrown schoolboys who spend too much time posting on some wargaming forum.

On balance I probably will end up watching part II next weekend if only out of morbid curiosity. Apparently the central plank of the forthcoming episode is that there was no Great 7-year Peanut Brittle War 1800-1820. I'd like to see them try and prove that!!

Orm -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (7/2/2012 10:00:37 PM)

Now I will watch an episode of "The Big Bang Theory".

warspite1 -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (7/2/2012 10:03:34 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm

Warspite1

My eldest daughter LOVES that program - has her laughing out loud. I assumed it was rubbish and haven't watched it - is it really any good?

Orm -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (7/3/2012 6:07:29 AM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm

Warspite1

My eldest daughter LOVES that program - has her laughing out loud. I assumed it was rubbish and haven't watched it - is it really any good?

I love that show as well. But there are some SF/Fantasy jokes that might be hard to get. Some physics jokes as well.

With that said I didn't think much of the show when I just saw random episodes on TV. But when I watched the episodes in order things changed.

warspite1 -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (7/20/2012 6:32:45 AM)

I doubt there will be any time for war games for me this weekend!!

The German Grand Prix
The England - South Africa 1st Test Match
The Open Golf Championship
The conclusion of the Tour de France

Wow!

parusski -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (7/20/2012 6:56:47 AM)

quote:

The German Grand Prix

Wow!

Are u going to watch The International Peanut Brittle Eating Contest, being held in Nauru over the next 37 days?

warspite1 -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (7/20/2012 7:02:20 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: parusski
quote:

The German Grand Prix
Wow!

Are u going to watch The International Peanut Brittle Eating Contest, being held in Nauru over the next 37 days?
Warspite1

No - because of the Olympics it's been postponed until September - which is a good job because I am taking part this year. I have entered for the Welterweight (Brazilian) category. Are you not entered this year?

Chickenboy -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (7/20/2012 4:41:40 PM)

Mrs. Chickenboy got me started on "Big Bang Theory", a network SitCom. It's not half bad, although some of the geek / nerd references hit a little too close to home. [:D]

LarryP -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (7/20/2012 5:35:13 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Mrs. Chickenboy got me started on "Big Bang Theory", a network SitCom. It's not half bad, although some of the geek / nerd references hit a little too close to home. [:D]

Big Bang Theory was better the first year it came out, because now it's almost totally centered around sexual innuendos.

warspite1 -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (8/5/2012 10:35:26 AM)

Loads of recorded stuff stacking up on the sky box at the moment as its wall to wall Olympics - no time for anything else - not even wargaming!! [:)]

parusski -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (8/5/2012 7:01:35 PM)

quote:

wall to wall Olympics - no time for anything else - not even wargaming!!

That's the last straw. You are BANNED.

And don't spout Ambrose, I consulted his manual on forum rules and I have the right to ban you for not playing wargames.[:-]

FINALLY.[:-]

warspite1 -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (8/5/2012 7:31:51 PM)

quote:

quote:

And don't spout Ambrose, I consulted his manual on forum rules and I have the right to ban you for not playing wargames.[:-]

Warspite1

Spout Ambrose? Moi? I wouldn't dream of doing any such thing.

warspite1 -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (8/5/2012 8:16:51 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

Warspite1

Spout Ambrose? Moi? I wouldn't dream of doing any such thing.
Warspite1

Perhaps you will allow me to quote from a prolific Scottish writer and historian who shall, at this juncture, remain nameless.

It is considered somewhat bad form to try and get someone banned from a wargaming forum in circumstances where said person is not currently wargaming due to:

A) the football World Cup is on, or
B) the Olympic Games are on, or
C) they are on honeymoon (and the new bride is selfish and won't allow hubby to take his laptop), or
C) Force Majeure is in operation (whatever that means).

Orm -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (8/5/2012 8:27:50 PM)

quote:

Force Majeure is in operation (whatever that means).

That is just a fancy way to say that the wife forbade it.

Page: <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI