RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

warspite1 -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (8/5/2012 8:29:23 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm

quote:

Force Majeure is in operation (whatever that means).

That is just a fancy way to say that the wife forbade it.
Warspite1
[:)]

parusski -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (8/5/2012 9:21:23 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: parusski

quote:

wall to wall Olympics - no time for anything else - not even wargaming!!

That's the last straw. You are BANNED.

And don't spout Ambrose, I consulted his manual on forum rules and I have the right to ban you for not playing wargames.[:-]

FINALLY.[:-]
Warspite1

Spout Ambrose? Moi? I wouldn't dream of doing any such thing.
Warspite1

Perhaps you will allow me to quote from a prolific Scottish writer and historian who shall, at this juncture, remain nameless.

It is considered somewhat bad form to try and get someone banned from a wargaming forum in circumstances where said person is not currently wargaming due to:

A) the football World Cup is on, or
B) the Olympic Games are on, or
C) they are on honeymoon (and the new bride is selfish and won't allow hubby to take his laptop), or
C) Force Majeure is in operation (whatever that means).

quote:

Warspite1 Perhaps you will allow me to quote from a prolific Scottish writer and historian who shall, at this juncture, remain nameless. It is considered somewhat bad form to try and get someone banned from a wargaming forum in circumstances where said person is not currently wargaming due to: A) the football World Cup is on, or B) the Olympic Games are on, or C) they are on honeymoon (and the new bride is selfish and won't allow hubby to take his laptop), or C) Force Majeure is in operation (whatever that means).

HA, that took you 45 minutes.

warspite1 -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (8/5/2012 9:35:08 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

wall to wall Olympics - no time for anything else - not even wargaming!!

That's the last straw. You are BANNED.

And don't spout Ambrose, I consulted his manual on forum rules and I have the right to ban you for not playing wargames.[:-]

FINALLY.[:-]
Warspite1

Spout Ambrose? Moi? I wouldn't dream of doing any such thing.
Warspite1

Perhaps you will allow me to quote from a prolific Scottish writer and historian who shall, at this juncture, remain nameless.

It is considered somewhat bad form to try and get someone banned from a wargaming forum in circumstances where said person is not currently wargaming due to:

A) the football World Cup is on, or
B) the Olympic Games are on, or
C) they are on honeymoon (and the new bride is selfish and won't allow hubby to take his laptop), or
C) Force Majeure is in operation (whatever that means).

quote:

Warspite1 Perhaps you will allow me to quote from a prolific Scottish writer and
historian who shall, at this juncture, remain nameless. It is considered somewhat bad form to try and get someone banned from a wargaming forum in circumstances where said person is not currently wargaming due to: A) the football World Cup is on, or B) the Olympic Games are on, or C) they are on honeymoon (and the new bride is selfish and won't allow hubby to take his laptop), or C) Force Majeure is in operation (whatever that means).

HA, that took you 45 minutes.

Warspite1

Er no - i am glued to the Olympics, not responding immediately to your challenges [X(]

parusski -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (8/6/2012 12:11:20 AM)

quote:

Warspite1 Er no - i am glued to the Olympics, not responding immediately to your challenges

Yeah, right. You are loosing your touch.

Plus, if you are "glued to the Olympics" you have "too much time on your hands". No wonder you aren't doing any gaming.

warspite1 -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (8/6/2012 6:18:47 AM)

quote:

quote:

Warspite1 Er no - i am glued to the Olympics, not responding immediately to your challenges

Yeah, right. You are loosing your touch.

warspite1

Ugh?

Orm -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (8/13/2012 8:53:35 PM)

quote:

Lilyhammer, a Netflix production.

Description: Frank Tagliano ('Steven Van Zandt'-Sopranos' Silvio), is a former New York mobster, who after testifying in a trial in the United States, Tagliano joins the witness protection program. Intrigued by the place after watching the Winter Olympics in 1994, he is relocated to Lillehammer in Norway. The transition from being a feared and respected gangster in New York, to becoming an unemployed immigrant in Norway, is not simple. Frank soon discovers that in order to succeed in this rural Norwegian society, he must resort to his old ways.

Available streaming through Netflix. Lilyhammer is fantastic. A funny, original drama.

Lilyhammer Trailer

This show has just begun on Swedish TV and you are right. Lilyhammer is indeed fantastic. A funny and original drama. [:)]

parusski -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (8/13/2012 11:07:57 PM)

quote:

quote:

Lilyhammer, a Netflix production.

Description: Frank Tagliano ('Steven Van Zandt'-Sopranos' Silvio), is a former New York mobster, who after testifying in a trial in the United States, Tagliano joins the witness protection program. Intrigued by the place after watching the Winter Olympics in 1994, he is relocated to Lillehammer in Norway. The transition from being a feared and respected gangster in New York, to becoming an unemployed immigrant in Norway, is not simple. Frank soon discovers that in order to succeed in this rural Norwegian society, he must resort to his old ways.

Available streaming through Netflix. Lilyhammer is fantastic. A funny, original drama.

Lilyhammer Trailer

This show has just begun on Swedish TV and you are right. Lilyhammer is indeed fantastic. A funny and original drama. [:)]

It is great. But there is more humour to be found if you ever saw Steven Van Zandt on the Soprano's:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-P4Qca3wzI&feature=related

parusski -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (8/16/2012 12:13:08 AM)

Currently I am enjoying a program I ignored(FOOLISHLY) for years: That Mitchell and Webb Look.

Must say I really love Ted and Peter's brilliant Snooker commentaries.

Titanwarrior89 -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (8/16/2012 2:45:19 AM)

World war 2 HD on you tube.

PeterPan -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (8/16/2012 9:42:39 AM)

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL :P

redcoat -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (8/16/2012 7:28:15 PM)

I've been watching the Channel 4 series The Churchills - which looks at how Sir Winston Churchill was inspired by his most illustrious ancestor, John Churchill, Duke of Marlborough.

It's on 4 On Demand on the telly (UK) and the 4oD website. Link.

[image]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a4/John_Churchill_Marlborough_portr%C3%A4tterad_av_Adriaen_van_der_Werff_%281659-1722%29.jpg[/image]

Lieste -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (8/16/2012 7:29:29 PM)

Parusski, don't suppose you ever watched Peep Show, also with Mitchell and Webb?

parusski -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (8/16/2012 8:53:36 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lieste

Parusski, don't suppose you ever watched Peep Show, also with Mitchell and Webb?

It is in my list of things to watch on Netflix. How does it compare/rate to Mitchell and Webb Look????

warspite1 -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (8/16/2012 9:04:46 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: redcoat

I've been watching the Channel 4 series The Churchills - which looks at how Sir Winston Churchill was inspired by his most illustrious ancestor, John Churchill, Duke of Marlborough.

It's on 4 On Demand on the telly (UK) and the 4oD website. Link.

[image]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a4/John_Churchill_Marlborough_portr%C3%A4tterad_av_Adriaen_van_der_Werff_%281659-1722%29.jpg[/image]
Warspite1

Looks interesting - I'll give that a go for sure [:)]

Lieste -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (8/16/2012 9:38:00 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lieste

It is in my list of things to watch on Netflix. How does it compare/rate to Mitchell and Webb Look????

It's a sit-com/POV drama thing. It's mostly excruciatingly embarrassing, especially if you were ever a gauche teenager, or know anyone who was... the main characters are involved in lives best described as a continuous train-wreck... to which you have access to their inner dialogues [:D] I found it hilarious.. my ex wife hated it, which I take as a sign of greatness [8|]

parusski -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (8/16/2012 9:48:03 PM)

quote:

my ex wife hated it, which I take as a sign of greatness

Well, even though I am still crappily married knowing an ex wife hated it is all I need know.

I will start an episode as soon as I finish Numberwang.

Orm -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (8/18/2012 4:09:53 PM)

I've been watching these two documentaries and it is indeed bananas.

Bananas!*

Big Boys Gone Bananas!*

parusski -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (8/18/2012 6:15:20 PM)

quote:

I've been watching these two documentaries and it is indeed bananas.

Bananas!*

Big Boys Gone Bananas!*

I can only hope you find these "documentaries"(hit pieces) humorous.

warspite1 -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (8/19/2012 7:04:11 PM)

Just watched Shrek for the first time in ages... What an incredibly good film [:)]

parusski -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (8/19/2012 8:26:35 PM)

quote:

Just watched Shrek for the first time in ages... What an incredibly good film [:)]

Yes it is. I have it in my Netflix list of things to view.

Orm -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (8/25/2012 5:16:53 PM)

The Sinking of the Laconia

warspite1 -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (8/25/2012 6:53:44 PM)

quote:

Warspite1

I thought this was a pretty good programme [:)]

Orm -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (8/25/2012 7:18:38 PM)

quote:

quote:

Warspite1

I thought this was a pretty good programme [:)]

I liked it as well. It might have been because it was historically more accurate than the normal Hollywood movie.

warspite1 -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (8/26/2012 8:19:52 PM)

Kramer vs Kramer - has stood the test of time.

warspite1 -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (8/27/2012 12:55:56 PM)

A Touch of Cloth - a spoof detective show on Sky1 - v.v. funny [:)] If you get a chance to watch I would recommend. Some of the gags are a bit obvious, but others really hit the spot [&o]

Orm -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (8/27/2012 7:05:03 PM)

quote:

Kramer vs Kramer - has stood the test of time.

Time for me to watch it then.

warspite1 -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (9/1/2012 10:22:47 AM)

Battlefield Series - The Battle For North Africa [:)]

warspite1 -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (9/7/2012 9:43:49 PM)

Team America - World Police.

Altogether now:

America £&@? Yeah!
[&o][&o]

redcoat -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (9/12/2012 7:57:18 PM)

I’ve just watched a couple of programmes with a Scandinavian theme.

The first episode of a new Beeb / Neil Oliver series Vikings. Which is on catch-up TV / BBC iPlayer (Link).

[image]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ma193ejx671r46gtvo1_500.jpg[/image]

and then Lilyhammer – which is currently on BBC 4 in the UK. BBC iPlayer link here.

[image]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m92l6d3Xhq1qbeh35o1_500.jpg[/image]

Page: <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI