RE: Ship Repair 101 Guide (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

btd64 -> RE: Ship Repair 101 Guide (2/16/2020 11:32:21 PM)

Bump....GP

RangerJoe -> RE: Ship Repair 101 Guide (1/24/2021 3:52:40 AM)

Baby bump.

Ian R -> RE: Ship Repair 101 Guide (1/24/2021 4:11:37 AM)

This guide should really be part of the download, and go in the manuals folder alongside the the pilot management addendum.

Lowpe -> RE: Ship Repair 101 Guide (1/24/2021 11:26:57 AM)

Bump.[&o] +1

Alfred -> RE: Ship Repair 101 Guide (1/24/2021 3:36:30 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ian R

This guide should really be part of the download, and go in the manuals folder alongside the the pilot management addendum.

Section 7 would need to be slightly amended, and the document would need to be altered mutatis mutandis before it could be so handled. As it stands making the changes isn't critical as the relevant changed details are beyond player input and are covered in the rest of the thread with the posts from Don Bowen and myself. Plus a subsequent patch after the Guide was written, now visually shows the progress made towards removing a single POD (=Point of Damage).

Alfred

RhinoDad -> RE: Ship Repair 101 Guide (1/24/2021 3:54:21 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lowpe

Bump.[&o] +1

What in bloody tarnation does this mean???

BBfanboy -> RE: Ship Repair 101 Guide (1/24/2021 4:02:14 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: RhinoDad

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lowpe

Bump.[&o] +1

What in bloody tarnation does this mean???

When a thread drops to page 2 or more of a forum, it is out of sight and usually is not read by people logging in. Bumping a post is a new post to the thread that brings it back on page one.
The +1 means the second person agrees that it was a good idea to bump that particular thread because of its excellent content.

RhinoDad -> RE: Ship Repair 101 Guide (1/24/2021 4:04:10 PM)

Thank you still trying to learn the new vernacular. Slow but a few drops are soaking in.[:o]

RangerJoe -> RE: Ship Repair 101 Guide (1/24/2021 4:06:38 PM)

A baby bump is when she is showing that she has a bun in the oven, that she is suffering from the Egyptian Flu, and so on.[:D]

RhinoDad -> RE: Ship Repair 101 Guide (1/24/2021 4:14:00 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: RangerJoe

A baby bump is when she is showing that she has a bun in the oven, that she is suffering from the Egyptian Flu, and so on.[:D]

Is that like "knock up" [;)]

BBfanboy -> RE: Ship Repair 101 Guide (1/24/2021 4:23:50 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: RhinoDad

quote:

ORIGINAL: RangerJoe

Is that like "knock up" [;)]

The results of the knocking up - when first visible as a small bump.

Admiral DadMan -> RE: Ship Repair 101 Guide (1/24/2021 4:25:40 PM)

Ok, can we not spam this thread with idle chitchat?

BBfanboy -> RE: Ship Repair 101 Guide (1/24/2021 4:36:15 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Admiral DadMan

Ok, can we not spam this thread with idle chitchat?

A newcomer asked questions about forum terminology that he did not understand. How would you suggest we answer it?

scottj63 -> RE: Ship Repair 101 Guide (11/11/2021 5:09:29 PM)

Ok I don't understand a lot of the game but love fighting the war. I am confused on repairing the BB New Mexico. Sydney is repair 40. The BB has0 says (repaired in port pierside. 11 flood ( 11 Maj) and 6 eng (6 Maj). It is pierside as it can't go to the shipyard for some reason. It isn't repairing now and under estimate it says in red x no repair. So how can I get the damage taken care of to get it back in service?

Alfred -> RE: Ship Repair 101 Guide (11/11/2021 5:31:47 PM)

Sydney is not a size 40 Repair Shipyard in the official scenarios.

Find a suitable size shipyard to send the BB.

Alfred

scottj63 -> RE: Ship Repair 101 Guide (11/13/2021 2:26:36 PM)

ALFRED, I am playing the official game not a mod or extended map. And you are absolutely correct. It is a30 size. So off to Colombo which is a 40

BBfanboy -> RE: Ship Repair 101 Guide (11/14/2021 6:18:41 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: scottj63

ALFRED, I am playing the official game not a mod or extended map. And you are absolutely correct. It is a30 size. So off to Colombo which is a 40

When you mentioned "Sydney" you did not distinguish between the port and the shipyard. They are different entities with different capabilities. Please use accurate terms so we can tell what you are looking at. I could not say for sure whether your reference to "size 40" was a simple mistake, a reference to the SY in the Guadalcanal scenario, or something to do with Port naval support. If you mentioned size 40 SY it would have narrowed down the focus.

BTW, Colombo is a vulnerable place that the Japanese can attack and take, perhaps faster than you can remove your BB from the SY (three days). Sydney is also vulnerable to a port attack from KB. I would move New Mexico to Pago-Pago to repair system damage and then island hop to PH (if you have lots of troops/aircraft there to prevent air attacks or invasions).

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI