Forumites MIA (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

Canoerebel -> Forumites MIA (2/21/2012 8:31:56 PM)

Just thinkin' today that I haven't seen Nemo, GraffinZeppelin, TopofEverest, GreyJoy or rader posting in a few weeks. This is conduct unbecoming to the Forum. Come back, lady and gents!

Edited to correct spelling of "Forumites." [8|]

Edited to Add: Speaking of which, even PoultryLad (Chickenboy) has been scarce the past few days (I think).

USSAmerica -> RE: Forumites MIA (2/21/2012 9:23:17 PM)

I know CB happens to be on a trip. Weak excuse, but we'll have to let it pass. [:D]

Terminus -> RE: Forumites MIA (2/21/2012 9:25:51 PM)

Hurhur, you said "trip"...

Canoerebel -> RE: Forumites MIA (2/21/2012 9:29:50 PM)

Well, Chickenboy is always goin' somewhere - Philippines, Indonesia, Atlanta, and other places known for their wild insect life.  I'm glad to hear his absence is prompted by his participation in the work-a-day world.

witpqs -> RE: Forumites MIA (2/22/2012 3:05:15 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Canoerebel

Well, Chickenboy is always goin' somewhere - Philippines, Indonesia, Atlanta, and other places known for their wild insect life.  I'm glad to hear his absence is prompted by his participation in the work-a-day world.

He is a Tropical Disease Fanboy after all. So he went to visit Phoenix... [&:]

jmalter -> RE: Forumites MIA (2/22/2012 3:08:13 AM)

i'm missin' the Grafin a bit, she's got a great sense of humor. a-and where's the latest GJ AAR update?

Treetop64 -> RE: Forumites MIA (2/22/2012 3:13:43 AM)

Grollub's been missing, too... [:(]

USSAmerica -> RE: Forumites MIA (2/22/2012 3:26:39 AM)

Grollub poked his head in yesterday to say hi. He's just been very busy with his work as well.

GaryChildress -> RE: Forumites MIA (2/22/2012 3:29:42 AM)

Speaking of MIA, I wonder who else is missing. Haven't seen Gen. Hoepner (sp) in ages. And whatever happened to Tankerace? He created War Plan Orange and never set foot back in the WitP forum again I don't think. Nomad has apparently given up WitP as well. Sad to think of all the forum regulars who have disappeared over time. [:(]

EDIT: Oh, and Mogami too. Not sure whatever happened to him. He reinlisted some time back. Hope he's OK.

PaxMondo -> RE: Forumites MIA (2/22/2012 4:17:46 AM)

I beleive that GJ and rader are taking a bit of a break discussin HR's to allow their AAR to proceed.

jmalter -> RE: Forumites MIA (2/22/2012 4:38:07 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: PaxMondo
I beleive that GJ and rader are taking a bit of a break discussin HR's to allow their AAR to proceed.

wot, again? it's enough to put me off HRs forever/for always. jmo, but GJ agreed to too many HRs initially.

jwilkerson -> RE: Forumites MIA (2/22/2012 4:48:37 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gary Childress
<snip> ...

And whatever happened to Tankerace? He created War Plan Orange and never set foot back in the WitP forum again I don't think.

... <snip>

Last I heard from Tanker .. he had got accepted to Grad School and marriage ... so I guess those two activities are keeping him occupied!

vettim89 -> RE: Forumites MIA (2/22/2012 5:02:49 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jwilkerson

quote:

<snip> ...

And whatever happened to Tankerace? He created War Plan Orange and never set foot back in the WitP forum again I don't think.

... <snip>

Last I heard from Tanker .. he had got accepted to Grad School and marriage ... so I guess those two activities are keeping him occupied!

Having done both, they are both highly overrated![:D]

John 3rd -> RE: Forumites MIA (2/22/2012 5:33:06 AM)

Concur with Vettim!

[sm=00000613.gif]

GreyJoy -> RE: Forumites MIA (2/22/2012 11:06:29 AM)

Hello [:)]

I'm alive...me and Rader just took a break...we badly needed it [:'(]

We'll be back very soon[8D]

pws1225 -> RE: Forumites MIA (2/22/2012 11:46:38 AM)

+2

Omat -> RE: Forumites MIA (2/22/2012 1:58:58 PM)

Hello

A good sign is that Mogami is still alive. He loged after a very long time on 1/17/2012 but did not posted something.

I think some miss his humor.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/showprofile.asp?memid=944

I wonder what happens with Mike Wood.

Omat

Grfin Zeppelin -> RE: Forumites MIA (2/23/2012 12:37:46 PM)

Taking a break from the game at the moment but no worries/hopes I wont leave this place :)

Omat -> RE: Forumites MIA (2/23/2012 1:12:42 PM)

Hello

Nice to see you again and your cuddly avatar. [:)]

Omat

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gräfin Zeppelin

Taking a break from the game at the moment but no worries/hopes I wont leave this place :)

crsutton -> RE: Forumites MIA (2/23/2012 3:40:10 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: vettim89

quote:

ORIGINAL: jwilkerson

quote:

<snip> ...

... <snip>

Having done both, they are both highly overrated![:D]

Well, one of them anyways......

vettim89 -> RE: Forumites MIA (2/23/2012 3:59:13 PM)

On this subject, did anyone ever touch base with Nomad?

Shark7 -> RE: Forumites MIA (2/23/2012 4:01:03 PM)

So...just about the time I come back, a bunch of others leave...

Hmmm... [&:]

Schanilec -> RE: Forumites MIA (2/23/2012 4:10:26 PM)

Bullwinkle must be off in the forest looking for Rocket J. Squirrell.

Canoerebel -> RE: Forumites MIA (2/23/2012 4:10:28 PM)

Actually, I didn't think that any of those named in the original post had "left" (with the possible exception of Top of Everest, who I haven't seen in weeks or months). 

From what I've seen the AE forum is alive and well.  There seems to have been a remarkable influx of newcomers in the past few months.  These are the guys (and gals?) that will morph into regulars.  Here's hoping we'll be finding the next GreyJoys already in our midst!

Canoerebel -> RE: Forumites MIA (2/23/2012 4:11:29 PM)

Bullwinkle is around.  He's posted infrequently of late, but he's here quite often.  I just wish the poor ol' Yankee would bite on a PBEM.  I think Bullwinkle vs. Chickboy would be fun to watch.  :)

Bullwinkle58 -> RE: Forumites MIA (2/23/2012 5:23:45 PM)

quote:

Bullwinkle is around.  He's posted infrequently of late, but he's here quite often.  I just wish the poor ol' Yankee would bite on a PBEM.  I think Bullwinkle vs. Chickboy would be fun to watch.  :)

I'm leaking in a bit (time for Depends?) Been trying an AI game as Japanese. I really don't like them at all, but the economy stuff is interesting. Have crashed the economy twice now and am about to start a third time. I don't know how JFBs do it if they don't use Tracker. Even with it, and even in Scen 2, the Empire is in really lousy shape on Dec. 7. I was surprised at how flaccid the industrial base is.

And, as I mentioned in PM to you, I can't get used to the Dr. Seuss designs of their aircraft. Lumpy and bumpy, oh my.

If I can last six months I'll learn something and I can gratefully turn to BabesLite Allied game. The Japanese are like drinking bad cough medicine, but I know it's good for me in the long run.

Shark7 -> RE: Forumites MIA (2/23/2012 5:28:00 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

quote:

I'm leaking in a bit (time for Depends?) Been trying an AI game as Japanese. I really don't like them at all, but the economy stuff is interesting. Have crashed the economy twice now and am about to start a third time. I don't know how JFBs do it if they don't use Tracker. Even with it, and even in Scen 2, the Empire is in really lousy shape on Dec. 7. I was surprised at how flaccid the industrial base is.

And, as I mentioned in PM to you, I can't get used to the Dr. Seuss designs of their aircraft. Lumpy and bumpy, oh my.

If I can last six months I'll learn something and I can gratefully turn to BabesLite Allied game. The Japanese are like drinking bad cough medicine, but I know it's good for me in the long run.

Very, very carefully. [;)]

You learn to make a small change, then wait to see how it works out. The main advice I can give you is: NEVER, EVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES REPAIR/EXPAND LIGHT INDUSTRY.

I have a feeling you probably already knew that, but some newer players may not. [:)]

Bullwinkle58 -> RE: Forumites MIA (2/23/2012 5:48:20 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shark7

Very, very carefully. [;)]

You learn to make a small change, then wait to see how it works out. The main advice I can give you is: NEVER, EVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES REPAIR/EXPAND LIGHT INDUSTRY.

I have a feeling you probably already knew that, but some newer players may not. [:)]

I tried Easy R&D, but I think that's too dangerous for my happy mouse finger, which seems to have a mind of its own when it sees that yellow "Expand" hotpoint. I tried to focus down onto a couple of key plane paths, and over-expanded R&D too much. Also accelerated a lot of the navy, then dragged that all back four days later when the points were negative. Turning off merchants like all the guides recco just rubs me, a USN sub guy, the wrong way, but merchant points went negaitve too.

Have had other problems. I meddled with the midget sub carriers on the first turn and they never launched. The manual doesn't help much on tactical deployment of midgets, so I looked up some old posts here and think I have it now. I relied on the pre-programmed Wake TFs to get the job done, and Wake has turned into a slaughter. The USMC CD is deadly and has sunk over 15 merchants already as I've fed them into the killing ground. I leaned out too far getting tankers to Borneo as soon as I had Miri and before I had neutered the RN. Bye-bye tankers. And the AI is using the USN CVs in ways I would never think to do and sending them to places I would never send, and so, bye-bye CL and two DDs.

Overall the Japanese LCUs are fragmented and all over the place, and extremely restricted to my Allied eyes. I'm still trying to figure out how to get enough mass together to take Singers.

On the good side, the field of play is tiny for the early-war Japanese. Outside of economy fiddling the work load is only a fraction of the Allied given there are no off-map endeavors, and there is almost no time-consuming map scrolling, no multiple nation device pools and unlike aircraft pools either, and the distances and thus time to get something done is tiny compared to thinking about WC to Oz. I do feel the press of time though. It's odd to have to be at 100% on the first turn and not let up. I'm used to having a year to think about how I want the end game to go.

Having played the Allies makes me understand where the holes in the Japanese OOB are. I'm hoping playing the other side will show me where the Allies are exposed as well. I already know I'm going to strat bomb the heck out of China since the AI never does. I want to see what it does to Chinese defenses. Also, part of the economy crashing was my efort to get the Nates out of China and get some Oscars in there too quickly. I still think getting the Nates onto training duty is a key goal, but it can't be done as fast I was pressing to do it.

Lots to learn.

Knavey -> RE: Forumites MIA (2/25/2012 9:00:03 AM)

Treespider is another that I used to see regularly that hasn't logged on in about 6 months. Anyone know what happened to him?

PaxMondo -> RE: Forumites MIA (2/25/2012 10:26:55 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: vettim89

On this subject, did anyone ever touch base with Nomad?

Don't know. The original thread on this never got it answered either ... been gone a long time now ...

Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI