RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

Hotschi -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (9/17/2017 7:40:01 PM)

What disaster for Ferrari! Race incident, as was decided post-race by the experts (race commissaires), enough said. Alonso kicked out as well, would have been interesting with him still in the race. Ricciardo with gearbox troubles, couldn't use all gears, so no way to attack Mercedes.

And Lucky Lewis wins this race, gifted by the collision at start. Ferrari 0, Mercedes 40, top result for the team. Six races left, Vettel woud need to win 4 races (with Hamilton 2nd) just to equalize Hamilton's lead. I wouldn't place a bet on Vettel.

Verstappen has a disastrous year - either his car breaks down, or he get's crashed, or he makes mistakes himself. A year to Forget, but he's still a Youngster.

warspite1 -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (9/26/2017 4:22:27 PM)

Gasly for Kyvat. Sorry, but its long overdue that Kyvat got dropped. He just hasn't performed in relation to Sainz and the mistakes are just too much.

Lecivius -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (9/26/2017 4:45:44 PM)

Am I the only one looking on in shock at Force India?

warspite1 -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (9/26/2017 4:57:18 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lecivius

warspite1

In what way?

Lecivius -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (9/26/2017 6:09:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

quote:

warspite1

In what way?

If you have to ask, then it's not obvious. I'll go sit in a corner & be quiet [;)]

warspite1 -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (9/27/2017 5:56:49 AM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

In what way?

If you have to ask, then it's not obvious. I'll go sit in a corner & be quiet [;)]
warspite1

Er...okay [:)]

ncc1701e -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (9/27/2017 6:12:46 AM)

I think this year is for Lewis.

warspite1 -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (9/27/2017 4:47:09 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ncc1701e

I think this year is for Lewis.
warspite1

Let's hope you're right, but two things you can be certain of with Lewis - it won't be straightforward and there will be plenty of drama.

Sadly my money is still firmly on Vettel - a truly great driver, but also one of the luckiest World Champions ever. As Napoleon famously said when assessing a general being championed "Yes, but is he lucky?"

ncc1701e -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (9/29/2017 6:28:38 PM)

Yeah but Vettel seems out of luck these days... [:D]

warspite1 -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (9/30/2017 3:56:55 AM)

Well based on the Friday practice sessions Mercedes are waaaay off the pace and not even second to Ferrari [&:]

ncc1701e -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (10/1/2017 10:01:33 PM)

Nice race for Vettel except for his arrival... [:D]

Lewis is still there. This end of season will be entertaining.

warspite1 -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (10/2/2017 6:34:11 AM)

quote:

Lewis is still there. This end of season will be entertaining.

warspite1

God knows how. That is two races now where the Mercedes has been outclassed by both the Ferrari and the Red Bull's and only circumstance has stopped Vettel having an enormous lead over Lewis.

The real yardstick for the Mercedes performance is Bottas - who has been absolutely nowhere in the last two races and its only Hamilton's ability (allied to massive slices of good fortune) that has seen him actually increase his own lead.

Mercedes need to get a grip here or the Championship - particularly with the Red Bulls also taking points away from Lewis - is over [:(]

warspite1 -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (10/6/2017 2:34:48 AM)

Suzuka.

Early signs are not looking good for Lewis and Mercedes.....[:(]

ncc1701e -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (10/6/2017 5:22:19 PM)

Well will see. Second session was not really meaningful with all this rain.

warspite1 -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (10/6/2017 6:00:51 PM)

quote:

Well will see.
warspite1

Indeed. Mercedes must be wondering if they made the right decision with Bottas on the evidence of the last few races though. He is miles off his team mates pace at the moment....

Crossroads -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (10/7/2017 11:58:52 AM)

quote:

quote:

Well will see.
warspite1

Indeed. Mercedes must be wondering if they made the right decision with Bottas on the evidence of the last few races though. He is miles off his team mates pace at the moment....

I'm not sure, but seems often that the second drivers get to be more out of pace as the season matures, and the stars get their wishes fulfilled on everything related to car development and race tactics... Bottas is still third on standings, with Mercs securely in the first place with all the others a way behind them. Maybe he doesn't want to rock the boat too much at this stage. Which sucks, of course, if true.

warspite1 -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (10/7/2017 12:09:32 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Crossroads

quote:

quote:

Well will see.
warspite1

I'm not sure, but seems often that the second drivers get to be more out of pace as the season matures, and the stars get their wishes fulfilled on everything related to car development and race tactics... Bottas is still third on standings, with Mercs securely in the first place with all the others a way behind them. Maybe he doesn't want to rock the boat too much at this stage. Which sucks, of course, if true.
warspite1

I don't think its a case of not wanting to rock the boat and Mercedes have made very clear - and they have been totally consistent (even to their own detriment) - that both drivers get the same treatment.

Bottas is third because he has won two races and put in some fine performances. But he himself has admitted that the last few races have been the worst time of his racing career - he has simply been miles off the pace with the same equipment. Good to see this qualifying performance was more like Bottas at the start of the season.

VPaulus -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (10/7/2017 12:53:21 PM)

Note that Bottas his using a new Aero package since Malaysia while Lewis was still using the old one:
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/132112/bottas-regrets-keeping-new-aero-package

I believe that he's keeping the new one and Lewis the old one for Suzuka.
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/hamilton-mercedes-aero-package-japan-961549/

warspite1 -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (10/7/2017 12:59:20 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: VPaulus

Note that Bottas his using a new Aero package since Malaysia while Lewis was still using the old one:
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/132112/bottas-regrets-keeping-new-aero-package

warspite1

Yes, but to be clear I am commenting on what has come straight from the horses mouth. I am not suggesting Bottas is having a bad time - he himself and Toto Wolff are.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/formulaone/article-4949118/Mercedes-boss-Toto-Wolff-concerned-Valtteri-Bottas.html

Crossroads -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (10/7/2017 1:10:03 PM)

quote:

quote:

warspite1

Yes, but to be clear I am commenting on what has come straight from the horses mouth. I am not suggesting Bottas is having a bad time - he himself and Toto Wolff are.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/formulaone/article-4949118/Mercedes-boss-Toto-Wolff-concerned-Valtteri-Bottas.html

Certainly. It˚s just that I don’t quite agree with ”Mercedes must be wondering” part of your post. Yet. But he needs to up his game quickly, obviously.

warspite1 -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (10/7/2017 1:13:21 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

Certainly. It˚s just that I don’t quite agree with ”Mercedes must be wondering” part of your post. Yet. But he needs to up his game quickly, obviously.

warspite1

Yes that's a fair comment. But I get the impression that, just as Lewis was very much Lauda's appointment, Bottas is Toto Wolff's so one can understand why Toto has spoken out - albeit in a supportive manner. Given what Red Bull have said, I wouldn't discount Ricciardo in a Mercedes next year.

Crossroads -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (10/7/2017 1:39:49 PM)

Mercedes one-two in qualifying, so not too bad. Penalties not considered, of course. But not too bad from Bottas. Will be an interesting race, certainly some tough names in front of Bottas to overtake [sm=00000036.gif]

Crossroads -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (10/8/2017 5:28:26 AM)

Vettel out...

Crossroads -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (10/8/2017 5:52:30 AM)

Hamilton and Bottas on different strategies. Maybe has to do with their different aero packages.

Crossroads -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (10/8/2017 6:50:32 AM)

quote:

Hamilton and Bottas on different strategies. Maybe has to do with their different aero packages.

And that's Suzuka done. I pretty much only watch the Monaco, Spa, and Suzuka races, so that's my season done as well [:)]

Things proceeding as they seemingly are at the moment, I'd not be surprised to witness a double victory for Merc both with drivers and manufacturers.

warspite1 -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (10/8/2017 7:26:42 AM)

quote:

warspite1

No the different strategies reflect their different starting positions - and the hope that they can gain places by staying out longer and then having the faster tyres at the end. Raikkonen did the same from a similar position. They don't want to waste the fast tyres while stuck in traffic.

Crossroads -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (10/8/2017 9:24:11 AM)

quote:

quote:

warspite1

No the different strategies reflect their different starting positions - and the hope that they can gain places by staying out longer and then having the faster tyres at the end. Raikkonen did the same from a similar position. They don't want to waste the fast tyres while stuck in traffic.

Yes indeed. Their second tyre choices told as much, was a bit too quick with my initial comment. Then again, I don't much F1 that much, either [:'(]

ncc1701e -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (10/23/2017 9:55:27 PM)

Well, unless surprised, I do not see how Hamilton could not be world champion this year.

Poopyhead -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (10/24/2017 4:29:24 PM)

It would be spectacular for Lewis to win the championship in his hero Senna's homeland of Brazil. Ferrari seems to have healed their wounds though, so that is not likely. I hope that it goes to Abu Dhabi.

warspite1 -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (10/27/2017 9:08:01 PM)

quote:

Well, unless surprised, I do not see how Hamilton could not be world champion this year.
warspite1

Even I'm starting to believe its going to happen [X(]

But it only takes a retirement in this race and suddenly it starts to feel like 2007 all over again. With Lewis, as with Nigel, it ain't over 'til it's over [:(]

Page: <<   < prev  37 38 [39] 40 41   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI