RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

Poopyhead -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (6/23/2017 12:57:11 PM)

The BBC aren't the only ones asking that question. What's it called when someone does the same thing over and over, but expects a different result? If Palmer doesn't want to own up and change whatever it is that he's doing, then good luck at your next job.

When Lewis gets asked what he's going to do different to prevent a repeat of last year's nightmare in Azerbaijan, I'm pretty sure that he'll have a working answer.

warspite1 -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (6/25/2017 4:49:58 PM)

What a race! So many teams/drivers kicking themselves with "if only's". Could quite easily have been a Force India 1/2 [X(]

Happy for Lance Stroll - shame he couldn't hold on for 2nd.

Poopyhead -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (6/26/2017 1:29:41 PM)

Another "shoey" for Daniel. Great work by Lance. Lewis still up to his old tricks ("can Valteri slow Vettel up so that I can pass..."). Kimi and Valteri continue their romance. Vettel gets 3 points to his license.

http://motorsports.nbcsports.com/2017/06/25/vettel-issued-3-penalty-points-following-hamilton-clash-in-baku/

NASCAR is becoming the new mature, gentleman's sport...

[:D]

warspite1 -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (7/3/2017 7:12:58 PM)

No further action against Vettel, its been announced. Probably the right
answer on balance, but Vettel is one lucky boy he didn't break something on Lewis' (or his own) car that then failed in a fast section. You just can't use these cars as weapons.

Perhaps that prize plank Jackie Stewart should now apologise to Lewis too [sm=nono.gif]

Vettel's statement in full

"Concerning the incidents of Baku I'd like to explain myself: During the re-start lap, I got surprised by Lewis and ran into the back of his car.

"With hindsight, I don't believe he had any bad intentions. In the heat of the action I then overreacted, and therefore I want to apologise to Lewis directly, as well as to all the people who were watching the race. I realise that I was not setting a good example.

"I had no intention at any time to put Lewis in danger, but I understand that I caused a dangerous situation.

"Therefore, I would like to apologise to the FIA. I accept and respect the decisions that were taken at today's meeting in Paris, as well as the penalty imposed by the stewards in Baku.

"I love this sport and I am determined to represent it in a way that can be an example for future generations."

warspite1 -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (7/7/2017 10:19:33 PM)

For the second season running the fates conspire against Lewis....[:(]

Poopyhead -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (7/10/2017 12:48:46 PM)

The fat lady certainly hasn't sung yet. Verstappen shouldn't have all the bad luck. :)

I wonder what Lewis might have done with four good tires after the pit stop. That right rear looked like it was going to pop almost immediately.

What do you think Bottas' chances are to win the championship? Under every Finn is a shark.

warspite1 -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (7/10/2017 5:05:13 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Poopyhead

The fat lady certainly hasn't sung yet. Verstappen shouldn't have all the bad luck. :)

I wonder what Lewis might have done with four good tires after the pit stop. That right rear looked like it was going to pop almost immediately.

What do you think Bottas' chances are to win the championship? Under every Finn is a shark.
warspite1

As was proven last year, if Lewis keeps getting the bad breaks then its possible. But personally (all things being equal on the development side) there is only one winner here - and that's Vettel, who will get all the help and support he needs from his team mate whereas Lewis and Valtieri will take points off each other.

warspite1 -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (7/16/2017 6:41:47 PM)

Good to see all those self-opinionated morons criticising Lewis for missing the event in London earlier in the week get put straight by the man that actually knows if he had Mercedes agreement - Toto Wolff.

Thanks for setting the record straight Toto [:)]

Lecivius -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (7/17/2017 4:58:57 PM)

So, what's the scoop on Silverstone? Last I heard on this side of the pond they were pulling out. Is it back in negotiation?

warspite1 -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (7/17/2017 5:33:08 PM)

The race organisers are losing money. Despite having the biggest crowds, the British Grand Prix still loses money.

This, quite naturally, is unsustainable. The organisers have thus exercised their option to quit.

Now, no doubt the timing - with Liberty just arriving on the scene - is not coincidental. Liberty are supposedly a new broom that wants to do the right thing. I think the Silverstone organisers are saying "okay, that's great - now prove it".

Bernie seemingly didn't care whether there was a British or Italian or whatever Grand Prix. But that is such a narrow-minded - and frankly ridiculous - view. Taking Grand Prix to new places is great - but the history of the sport, the tradition, the fact that Grand Prix racing started in Europe, the fact that the very first ever World Championship Grand Prix was held at Silverstone, these are important too.

The money involved is (apparently) small beer for F1, but big for Silverstone. Liberty should say right - we will go wherever, BUT there are European races that HAVE to be held: Belgium (so long as Spa is involved), Britain, France, Germany, Italy and Monaco should be sacrosanct.

Let's see if Liberty walk the walk rather than just talk the talk....

Crossroads -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (7/17/2017 5:50:08 PM)

Re Silverstone:

Can you spot the two Finns in the picture?

[image]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DE3FtQSXYAEfzSd.jpg[/image]

Lecivius -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (7/17/2017 5:52:55 PM)

I saw about the cost over-runs. I know from going to the race last year F1 is insanely expensive, compared to NASCAR or INDY racing. I do hope they get it squared away.

warspite1 -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (7/17/2017 5:54:11 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lecivius

I saw about the cost over-runs. I know from going to the race last year F1 is insanely expensive, compared to NASCAR or INDY racing. I do hope they get it squared away.
warspite1

I'd like to think they (Liberty) have spent too much money not to... we live in hope [:)]

warspite1 -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (7/22/2017 10:43:11 AM)

Looks like some needle developing further between Verstappen and Vettel....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/40628512

Could be interesting....

warspite1 -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (7/30/2017 3:00:07 PM)

Great sportsmanship from Lewis today. But sadly this poor decision making from management confirms why Ferrari (all things being equal) will win the Championship and Mercedes won't. Both Ferrari and Mercedes played the team game today. Ferrari did what was best for the team by maximising Vettel's chances of the all important driver's championship - and Mercedes did what was right for the team while acting in fairness to the drivers, and it cost Lewis 3 points.

McLaren, Williams - how many examples do Mercedes need? If cars are evenly matched and one is up against a team with an outright number 1, then having two number 1's is a recipe for taking points off each other.....

VPaulus -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (7/30/2017 4:58:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

Great sportsmanship from Lewis today. But sadly this poor decision making from management confirms why Ferrari (all things being equal) will win the Championship and Mercedes won't. Both Ferrari and Mercedes played the team game today. Ferrari did what was best for the team by maximising Vettel's chances of the all important driver's championship - and Mercedes did what was right for the team while acting in fairness to the drivers, and it cost Lewis 3 points.

We can only wish that these 3 points won't be decisive.
Kudos to Lewis and Mercedes. [&o]

Jagdtiger14 -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (7/31/2017 6:51:00 AM)

VPaulus:
quote:

We can only wish that these 3 points won't be decisive. Kudos to Lewis and Mercedes.

I too hope Vettel wins by more than 3 points.

Personally, I think Lewis made a diplomatic move here to get voluntary cooperation from his team mate going forward. He said his decision was from his heart and not his head, but I don't believe it.

warspite1 -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (7/31/2017 4:02:15 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jagdtiger14

VPaulus:
quote:

We can only wish that these 3 points won't be decisive. Kudos to Lewis and Mercedes.

Personally, I think Lewis made a diplomatic move here to get voluntary cooperation from his team mate going forward. He said his decision was from his heart and not his head, but I don't believe it.
warspite1

Well given that you have admitted that your hatred for Lewis means you cannot be objective about him, Lewis would quite clearly have been in the wrong in your eyes regardless of which decision he made. But that's fair enough - your call, I suspect he'll cope with the rejection [;)].

But the point is, even if you are correct, Lewis should not have had to lose 3 points in order to possibly, perhaps, maybe get the favour returned at some undetermined point in the potential future. Because Vettel is competing under no such restriction - witness Monaco and Hungary to name but two. With cars so evenly matched, and as has been proven time and again in the past, that is a recipe for losing the Championship.

Poopyhead -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (7/31/2017 4:30:43 PM)

“It is tough to do that in the championship, but I’m a man of my word,” said Hamilton, who finished fourth. “I did say, ‘Have him let me by and if I can’t overtake Raikkonen then I’ll give the position back’.”

Mercedes boss Toto Wolff admitted the decision could have serious repercussions for the title race.
“It’s one of the most difficult calls we had to make in the last couple of years,” said Wolff. “We could lose the championship because of those three points. “Maybe one day someone will say we were naive. But I still believe the values are important under which you operate, and we stand by those.”

VPaulus -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (7/31/2017 4:50:30 PM)

quote:

Mercedes boss Toto Wolff admitted the decision could have serious repercussions for the title race.
“It’s one of the most difficult calls we had to make in the last couple of years,” said Wolff. “We could lose the championship because of those three points. “Maybe one day someone will say we were naive. But I still believe the values are important under which you operate, and we stand by those.”

[&o]

This will strengthen the team spirit and it shows also that Lewis has a good relationship with Botas.
I doubt the same could ever happen with Vettel...

warspite1 -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (7/31/2017 4:57:25 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: VPaulus

quote:

[&o]

This will strengthen the team spirit and it shows also that Lewis has a good relationship with Botas.
I doubt the same could ever happen with Vettel...
warspite1

Oh I don't know, I hear Bourdais, Weber and Riciardo speak..ahem.. highly of him [:D]

warspite1 -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (8/26/2017 6:15:19 PM)

Congratulation Lewis on equalling Michael Schumacher's poles record [&o]

warspite1 -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (8/27/2017 5:51:48 PM)

Alonso - what a deperate waste of talent....

Poopyhead -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (8/28/2017 2:14:27 PM)

An incredible season at F1. I could articulate it as epic, historic and legendary, but even these terms don't do the show justice. How did Lewis stay in front of Sepp with Soft tires versus Ultras? Unbelievable display of skill.

Perhaps Alonso and Verstappen should replace the two morons at Force India? At least they would finish races and certainly be in the points.

Lecivius -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (8/28/2017 3:27:45 PM)

quote:

Alonso - what a deperate waste of talent....

As the announcers said..repeatedly this year [:D] Man, Honda is sucking on the exhaust pipe in F1 [:-]

warspite1 -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (8/29/2017 6:28:20 AM)

quote:

Perhaps Alonso and Verstappen should replace the two morons at Force India? At least they would finish races and certainly be in the points.
warspite1

As Brundle said of that second incident, if that had been two drivers from different teams there would have been uproar - and rightly so. You can't drive like that, and in the run up to Eau Rouge? Criminal. Force India lost an almost certain 1-2 in Baku, you would have thought they would have learned.

And what is Verstappen doing? [&:]

He is a fantastic driver but he really needs to grow up. Yes, drivers don't expect mechanical issues nowadays, but it happens and how is he going to cope if, like poor Lewis, he loses the World Championship because of it??? [X(]

Good job he wasn't driving for Renault in 1982....[8|]

warspite1 -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (9/16/2017 4:47:15 AM)

Looks like a Red Bull 1 and 2 this weekend. Maybe Verstappen will stop moaning for 5 minutes [8|]

And the McLaren-Honda saga finally reaches its almost inevitable end....

VPaulus -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (9/16/2017 12:13:23 PM)

quote:

And the McLaren-Honda saga finally reaches its almost inevitable end....

Let's see how Renault evolves their engines. At least they have more power.

warspite1 -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (9/17/2017 10:25:23 AM)

quote:

Looks like a Red Bull 1 and 2 this weekend.

warspite1

So Ferrari were sandbagging.......[:@]

Poopyhead -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (9/17/2017 4:34:27 PM)

Mercedes inherits a miracle win as 3 former world champions crash with a future World champion.

Page: <<   < prev  36 37 [38] 39 40   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI