RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

Poopyhead -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (3/8/2017 12:45:03 PM)

So when was the last time that the reigning World Champion did not compete the next year?

warspite1 -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (3/8/2017 4:47:00 PM)

Nigel Mansell?

british exil -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (3/8/2017 6:20:08 PM)

Nigel Mansell: 1992 Formula 1 champion. 1993 Indy Car champ.
Alain Prost 1994 Formula 1 champion. 1994 retired from F1.

Mat

warspite1 -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (3/8/2017 7:14:56 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: british exil

Nigel Mansell: 1992 Formula 1 champion. 1993 Indy Car champ.
Alain Prost 1994 Formula 1 champion. 1994 retired from F1.

Mat
warspite1

Duh - Prost of course [sm=nono.gif]. Although he was 1993 World Champion, not 1994.

british exil -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (3/8/2017 9:16:32 PM)

Typo, meant 1993.

Mat

warspite1 -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (3/10/2017 4:13:02 PM)

Sad news [:(]

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/39235608

wings7 -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (3/10/2017 5:30:24 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

Sad news [:(]

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/39235608

Rest in Peace John.

Gilmer -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (3/11/2017 5:29:48 AM)

He was a gooder.

Poopyhead -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (3/20/2017 12:27:15 AM)

Force India will be "in the pink"...

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/headlines/2017/3/force-india-unveil-startling-new-pink-livery-for-2017.html

Also, watched a video where Kimi did a test lap at Barcelona that was over 3 seconds faster than Hamilton's poll qualifying lap there last year. Are the Italian stallions back?

warspite1 -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (3/20/2017 5:58:52 PM)

I think F1 testing (albeit notoriously difficult to know exactly what each team is doing) has strongly indicated that Ferrari are there or thereabouts - maybe even the fastest.

However, F1 cars are supposed to be 3-5 seconds a lap faster in their new guise this season.

warspite1 -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (3/24/2017 6:53:47 PM)

Interesting start to the campaign........

Gilmer -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (3/26/2017 6:41:36 AM)

Wow, stayed up to watch. I haven't been up this late in a long time.

warspite1 -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (3/26/2017 6:51:12 AM)

Changing of the guard? The Ferrari looked superb - in Vettel's hands at least.

AndyG1 -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (3/26/2017 9:28:07 AM)

Hang on, 8 to 10 years ago they wanted to get rid of downforce and diffuser ground effect to aid better chance of the car following being able to stay close and pass. And here we had drivers catching the car ahead quickly, then 1 to 2 seconds behind they were stuffed! Hopefully non street tracks will aid passing. Even 30 kph slower on the straights than those behind and DRS, Alonso held off a Mercedes Force India car until 7 laps to go when his suspension problems hit.....

warspite1 -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (3/26/2017 11:36:21 AM)

Not good is it based on the evidence so far. They are talking about a plan for 2020 rather than quick fixes.....

warspite1 -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (4/9/2017 8:34:12 AM)

Apparently you can't overtake with these new cars. I don't think anyone told Vettel or Verstappen though...... Verstappen needs to cut out some of the nonsense though. Did he really expect the race director to blue flag a guy he is nowhere near?

Good race.

Poopyhead -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (4/10/2017 1:10:55 PM)

Exactly. Mad Max got the "Driver of the Day" award for his performance behind the wheel, but not so much for his radio traffic. The biggest WTF moment goes to Bottas for spinning out behind the safety car while trying to warm up his tires. What was up with Ferrari not telling Kimi to get out of the way? It might have been a lot closer.

FYI, I just read where Alonso will not be at Monaco GP so that he can drive in the Indy 500. Well at least he didn't just up and retire like some driver.

warspite1 -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (4/14/2017 2:43:07 AM)

So no Alonso at Monaco! Does this mean he's given up on winning the F1 World Championship this year [:D]

warspite1 -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (4/14/2017 10:59:01 AM)

......and its been confirmed that JB will replace him. Let's hope he gets some simulation runs first!

Poopyhead -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (4/14/2017 12:04:53 PM)

Let's hope he gets a serious training regimen. Wehrlein still hasn't driven yet. IIRC, Grosjean said that he had to take his preparation up a notch to get fit for the new high G cars this year. It will be great to see JB driving again.

warspite1 -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (4/14/2017 2:39:10 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Poopyhead

Let's hope he gets a serious training regimen. Wehrlein still hasn't driven yet. IIRC, Grosjean said that he had to take his preparation up a notch to get fit for the new high G cars this year. It will be great to see JB driving again.
warspite1

I don't think fitness is an issue for the uber fit Button - who does triathlons for fun - but I think he needs to get used to the new car.

warspite1 -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (4/17/2017 9:53:44 AM)

Good race!

Bottas needs to up his game though...... it seems he had an excuse for the first stint, but what happened thereafter?? Hopefully just a one off. If not then Mercedes are going to have to consider team orders i.e. a definite 1 and 2 driver.

And Raikonnen is doing what exactly?

warspite1 -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (4/22/2017 1:10:22 PM)

Terrible accident at the weekend. Great to see the Motor Racing community helping out.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-39651283

Good luck Billy

warspite1 -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (6/11/2017 12:08:55 PM)

I don't hold out much hope for the race as it will probably be another Ferrari cakewalk, but whatever, that was some lap by Lewis yesterday [X(]

Poopyhead -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (6/11/2017 2:12:42 PM)

I am anticipating that run down to the first left-hander by Lewis and Sepp. Tire temp seems to be a big problem for grip in Canada. I don't want a collision to decide this great rivalry's next installment.

The presentation of Senna's helmet to Hamilton for matching his record at qualifying P1 was amazing history. Just awesome.

warspite1 -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (6/11/2017 2:54:27 PM)

quote:

The presentation of Senna's helmet to Hamilton for matching his record at qualifying P1 was amazing history. Just awesome.
warspite1

Special. Do you know if they did something similar when Schumacher equalled (and later beat) Senna's record?

warspite1 -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (6/12/2017 4:28:36 AM)

What is it about Lewis and Canada? One short of Schumacher's record 7 wins around the Montreal circuit now.....

Poopyhead -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (6/12/2017 4:37:52 PM)

quote:

quote:

warspite1

Special. Do you know if they did something similar when Schumacher equalled (and later beat) Senna's record?

I can't find anything online to that effect. Schumi and Senna were rivals and Schumacher himself was sort of non-committal on how he felt about surpassing those records. Perhaps the family were more accepting of Lewis who absolutely idolized Senna.

I wonder how long they were prepared to keep the helmet presentation a secret?

P.S. What is up with Force India? Has the fumes from the pink paint gone to their heads.

warspite1 -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (6/12/2017 5:32:29 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

I can't find anything online to that effect. Schumi and Senna were rivals and Schumacher himself was sort of non-committal on how he felt about surpassing those records. Perhaps the family were more accepting of Lewis who absolutely idolized Senna.

I wonder how long they were prepared to keep the helmet presentation a secret?

P.S. What is up with Force India? Has the fumes from the pink paint gone to their heads.

warspite1

Of course there is no guaranteeing how things would have panned out, all I know is that mucking about probably gave Vettel a clutch of points he was otherwise going to miss out on. Nice one boys [8|]

warspite1 -> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! (6/23/2017 4:35:30 AM)

Disappointing Mr Palmer. I know you are under pressure, but have some courtesy, she's only doing her job....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p056ntmw

Page: <<   < prev  35 36 [37] 38 39   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI