RE: Awesome In-Game Screens (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Achtung Panzer Operation Star

Dane49 -> RE: Awesome In-Game Screens (11/17/2012 6:42:23 PM)

And hopefully in the near future multi-player.

Redmarkus5 -> RE: Awesome In-Game Screens (11/17/2012 7:06:13 PM)

Can someone tell me again why this is a Draw result? I captured all of the flags and suffered zero losses. The Enemy retreated while there were still 20 minutes remaining. This should be a Victory, surely?

Dane - I agree about the AI. I always play as the attacker when I can as the AI is better on the defence and generally stays put in its trenches. However, a surprise attack by Sov AI T34s or KVs can be a real challenge to deal with.

[image]local://upfiles/27287/D5E6DBE89660466FAB98051BBA03B3F3.jpg[/image]

Dane49 -> RE: Awesome In-Game Screens (11/17/2012 7:23:31 PM)

I could never make sense of the twisted Russian logic for computing after battle results victory conditions.

I think that is why I mostly play quick battles and judge by my own criterion as to who won or lost.

budd -> RE: Awesome In-Game Screens (11/17/2012 7:44:31 PM)

my after battle results have been making sense again, that shot of above looks messed up again. The forces before and after battle don't add up, even with that no idea why thats a draw. Thought this was fixed in last patch?

Dane49 -> RE: Awesome In-Game Screens (11/17/2012 7:54:08 PM)

The last patch fixed the after battle results for me(at least to the point that forces before and after battle look correct),but I'm still in the dark as to how the levels of victory are arrived at,the Russian formula computation still alludes me as to how they determine the levels of victory after adding up all the different factor results.

Dane49 -> RE: Awesome In-Game Screens (11/17/2012 8:04:13 PM)

I generally don't play the campaigns much though.I got soured to them after I started the Taranovka campaign as the Germans and 1 of my units started out isolated with no AT assets and I spent 2 hours trying to hide from the Soviet tanks till I was finally cornered then the tanks decimated my infantry and a Katyusha rocket barrage finished off the survivors.

After that episode I've been reluctant to delve back into the campaigns[:@]

budd -> RE: Awesome In-Game Screens (11/17/2012 9:08:18 PM)

well i just finished a battle and the stats didn't add up. I play QB sometimes, but i do prefer my battles in some kind of overall context.

Redmarkus5 -> RE: Awesome In-Game Screens (11/18/2012 9:06:05 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dane49

I generally don't play the campaigns much though.I got soured to them after I started the Taranovka campaign as the Germans and 1 of my units started out isolated with no AT assets and I spent 2 hours trying to hide from the Soviet tanks till I was finally cornered then the tanks decimated my infantry and a Katyusha rocket barrage finished off the survivors.

After that episode I've been reluctant to delve back into the campaigns[:@]

I wouldn't let that stop you. There are some satisfyingly big campaigns that require a fair bit of thought at the operational map level, including pulling units back for repair, flanking moves etc. The AI will also counter-attack you just when you don't need them to, so I find it provides a level of surprise and excitement that QBs rarely offer. I've never seen the isolated unit you had, so that's almost certainly a one-off.

Dane49 -> RE: Awesome In-Game Screens (11/18/2012 9:25:14 PM)

quote:

I wouldn't let that stop you. There are some satisfyingly big campaigns that require a fair bit of thought at the operational map level, including pulling units back for repair, flanking moves etc. The AI will also counter-attack you just when you don't need them to, so I find it provides a level of surprise and excitement that QBs rarely offer. I've never seen the isolated unit you had, so that's almost certainly a one-off.

That was a poor excuse I made for not playing the campaigns.

In actuallity,I just prefer quick battles over campaigns and the opportunity to design my own force mix depending on my own whims and desires for the type of battles I like to recreate and play.

Redmarkus5 -> RE: Awesome In-Game Screens (11/19/2012 6:59:56 PM)

OK :)

Well, I can't argue with that!

Missouri_Rebel -> RE: Awesome In-Game Screens (11/21/2012 2:42:08 AM)

Exhausted troops hitch a ride forward to a waiting enemy. I love the night battles.

[image]local://upfiles/21148/317C1C4FFF5447B18A49C2C1676427D7.jpg[/image]

Redmarkus5 -> RE: Awesome In-Game Screens (11/22/2012 7:39:17 PM)

Funny. I just took an almost identical screenie :)

Missouri_Rebel -> RE: Awesome In-Game Screens (11/23/2012 5:23:02 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: redmarkus4

Funny. I just took an almost identical screenie :)

So many good scenes to capture. The detail, even when zoomed in, is amazing for a game of this scale. Here is a mortar team aboard a halftrack that I zoomed in on. I spend so much time viewing at higher perspectives that I take for granted the powerful images at ground level.

[image]http://s13.postimage.org/3rio8td2v/half.jpg[/image]

Missouri_Rebel -> RE: Awesome In-Game Screens (2/5/2014 5:39:43 PM)

Shameless bump.

I still think bairdlander has the best capture in post #94

StkNRdr -> RE: Awesome In-Game Screens (2/10/2014 8:41:30 PM)

Lots of amazing screenies in here.

[img]http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5475/12443175473_e042dd1f9b_b.jpg[/img]

[img]http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3805/12443036405_df66ef95ec_b.jpg[/img]

Missouri_Rebel -> RE: Awesome In-Game Screens (2/14/2014 12:30:29 AM)

A coupe great shots

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI