RE: Better Get to Know Red Storm... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> FlashPoint Germany

CapnDarwin -> RE: Better Get to Know Red Storm... (2/9/2013 12:51:32 AM)

Helicopters are on map units. Scouts and attack birds. Again various loadouts. Helo drops and extractions are on the 2.1 features list. We need to get 2.0 out and selling. [:D]

wodin -> RE: Better Get to Know Red Storm... (2/9/2013 1:03:20 AM)

Excellent..all sounds great to me. A big reason for me to be into Modern Warfare is because of all the equipment and toys they have..things you don't get in WW2 and before.

Mad Russian -> RE: Better Get to Know Red Storm... (2/9/2013 5:01:48 PM)

I find things to interest me in most settings from WWII through today.

ETO - Europe
EF - East Front
PT - Pacific Theater
Falklands
Vietnam
AIW - specifically the Golan Heights which actually is the largest tank battle in history and not Kursk as is often touted.

Just to name enough theaters/wars to keep me extremely busy with this system for a long time.

Good Hunting.

MR

Hexagon -> RE: Better Get to Know Red Storm... (2/9/2013 8:40:17 PM)

To be more clear the biggest single tank battle (from a bigger battle... maybe we can call it sub-battle) was The Golan heights over Prokhorovka BUT Kursk had near double tanks than Yom Kippur war and continue as the battle with the biggest number of tanks fighting.

I am interested to in other "exotic" things out of WWII (and here i can add the Pacific that is rare see it in wargames), Middle east has good options out of the classic Israel VS Egipt/Syria/Jordan and minors... i think in the Irak-Iran war for example (a very interesting fight to cover in a wargame) or the Gulf war even when is a one side fight... Vietnam is interesting to specially the regular war period with the wars in 1972 and 1975... and we can add the Vietnam VS China war in 1979... and in what if are a ton of good options.

Mad Russian -> RE: Better Get to Know Red Storm... (2/10/2013 2:17:22 AM)

To be clear, the Russians lied about the tank battles at Kursk for almost 60 years. There is considerable new literature out in the past 2 years clearing things up.

Good Hunting.

MR

Hexagon -> RE: Better Get to Know Red Storm... (2/10/2013 10:11:16 AM)

To be clear to, show me the winer version and you show me a liar version [:D]

But usually winer lies reducing their numbers and increasing enemy numbers... the lower numbers i see talk about 5.300 practically same as in Yom Kippur but a little over it (and i count the tank that didnt cross the canal) if i believe the numbers, in tank numbers kursk is bigger than Yom Kippur war and i say tanks no armored vehicles, here yes, Yom Kippur has great options to be the biggest one if we consider it as a battle not a war and we add APCs to the total.

Maybe in a few years we can know the true numbers about 1973 war and we see another reduction in numbers... i doubt that we see an increase.

But the important thing is .... where are the game screenshoots??? [sm=character0272.gif]

Mad Russian -> RE: Better Get to Know Red Storm... (2/12/2013 5:29:09 PM)

The winners do write history. However, the Kursk fantasy set a new high mark for fiction.

Good Hunting.

MR

wodin -> RE: Better Get to Know Red Storm... (2/12/2013 6:04:18 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mad Russian

ETO - Europe
EF - East Front
PT - Pacific Theater
Falklands
Vietnam
AIW - specifically the Golan Heights which actually is the largest tank battle in history and not Kursk as is often touted.

Just to name enough theaters/wars to keep me extremely busy with this system for a long time.

Good Hunting.

MR

ETO and AIW I have no interest in gaming..ETO I'm burnt out and for me it's hardly the most exciting front in WW2.

Vietnam would be cool....but what about Korea?

Hexagon -> RE: Better Get to Know Red Storm... (2/12/2013 7:03:11 PM)

In WWII for me are bigger fantasies without leave the east front we have Stalingrad a battle a lot less decisive than it was (important yes but after the total fail soviet attack and german replies)... to be the tomb of 3rd reich who attack in Kursk??? nazi zombies??? [:D]

Korea... other interesting specially the first crazy part of the war... "we take Seoul and try kick you out of the peninsula" to the "we counter and take Pyonhang" and finally receive a "golden shower" hehehe. In what if in 80īs has good points to (here i allways join Korea with WTF do China with Japan and/or Taiwan).

I think that after close FPG2 (with add-on) Middle East is the most probable title if they have luck with FPG2 specially when they work on this title and have something done... at least i think this and see it interesting (maybe they release it when matrix release Tiller Campaigns modern volumen hehehe).

I am curious to know if FGP2 is released with this title or they are goint to add something more like "Alternate history studies", "Historical unhistorical Wars" or "Lets pop up some T tanks" [:D]

Mad Russian -> RE: Better Get to Know Red Storm... (2/12/2013 8:02:26 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin

quote:

ETO - Europe
EF - East Front
PT - Pacific Theater
Falklands
Vietnam

Good Hunting.

MR

ETO and AIW I have no interest in gaming..ETO I'm burnt out and for me it's hardly the most exciting front in WW2.

Vietnam would be cool....but what about Korea?

ETO, EF and PT would all work to fill out WWII. Not making any determination on what gamers prefer.

AIW is a major combined arms conflict and is a natural for the system.

Vietnam/Falklands could be done together.

Korea is one of those that was missing when I said, "to name a few". There are others both historical and hypothetical.

Good Hunting.

MR

Mad Russian -> RE: Better Get to Know Red Storm... (2/14/2013 5:26:30 PM)

Crossing a river under fire.

Good Hunting.

MR

[image]local://upfiles/28652/7982A76775D04160A01787EFA524734C.jpg[/image]

CarnageINC -> RE: Better Get to Know Red Storm... (2/15/2013 1:41:39 PM)

Maybe I missed something, but what is the green band around the NATO tank unit represent?

Mad Russian -> RE: Better Get to Know Red Storm... (2/15/2013 3:21:38 PM)

The game is showing that it's that unit that whatever action is taking place is affecting that unit.

Good Hunting.

MR

Hexagon -> RE: Better Get to Know Red Storm... (2/17/2013 11:23:49 AM)

Nice pic... now i see more the cross system... well, is not more clear use numbers??? red and blue numbers to see the total casualties in the hex... maybe as support for the cross system (small numbers) and/or as alt version.

Mad Russian -> RE: Better Get to Know Red Storm... (2/17/2013 11:03:31 PM)

What you see is generally what you get.

As to more clear, this is not a game of chess; but rather one where you are a Brigade commander. You do not know every single man's status. Where every single wrecked vehicle on a battlefield is or what the exact time it will take to move through an area littered with wrecks will be.

Good Hunting.

MR

Mad Russian -> RE: Better Get to Know Red Storm... (2/20/2013 9:52:29 PM)

The scenario editor has had extensive work done to it as well as the map editor.

Good Hunting.

MR

Mad Russian -> RE: Better Get to Know Red Storm... (2/22/2013 5:49:05 AM)

Anybody recognize this?

Good Hunting.

MR

[image]local://upfiles/28652/FF2449832CE44067BCDE4A39D859BCA4.jpg[/image]

wodin -> RE: Better Get to Know Red Storm... (2/22/2013 9:10:51 AM)

To be honest I much prefer the cross method esp if you could click them to see what the unit was, similar to Command Ops.
quote:

ORIGINAL: Hexagon

Nice pic... now i see more the cross system... well, is not more clear use numbers??? red and blue numbers to see the total casualties in the hex... maybe as support for the cross system (small numbers) and/or as alt version.

BAL -> RE: Better Get to Know Red Storm... (2/22/2013 4:13:51 PM)

quote:

Anybody recognize this?

Good Hunting.

MR

[image]local://upfiles/28652/FF2449832CE44067BCDE4A39D859BCA4.jpg[/image]

It's the patch for the 3rd Armored Division.

Mad Russian -> RE: Better Get to Know Red Storm... (2/23/2013 2:59:57 AM)

Really?

Wonder why a 3rd Armored Division patch would be showing up in a Flash Point Germany game....

Good Hunting.

MR

trebcourie -> RE: Better Get to Know Red Storm... (2/23/2013 10:39:44 AM)

I can't wait for this game.

Any other good WWIII games out there to play while I'm waiting for this one?

BAL -> RE: Better Get to Know Red Storm... (2/23/2013 1:34:05 PM)

quote:

Really?

Wonder why a 3rd Armored Division patch would be showing up in a Flash Point Germany game....

Good Hunting.

MR

Well, as part of V Corps one of it's missions was to defend the Fulda Gap.

Mad Russian -> RE: Better Get to Know Red Storm... (2/23/2013 2:19:25 PM)

I thought that task fell to this unit.

Good Hunting.

MR

[image]local://upfiles/28652/EB8EE9A31CDE493493D8ADC41B9E0F46.jpg[/image]

jjhouston4 -> RE: Better Get to Know Red Storm... (2/23/2013 6:13:36 PM)

The Blackhorse weren't expected to 'defend', rather they were to slow down (screen) the horde long enough for the rest of V Corps to settle into an appropriate GPD.

Mad Russian -> RE: Better Get to Know Red Storm... (2/23/2013 8:53:11 PM)

I see. Good to know.

Then what about these guys?

Good Hunting.

MR

[image]local://upfiles/28652/75CC310CD03B41778B93EDCD589551EA.jpg[/image]

Plodder -> RE: Better Get to Know Red Storm... (2/24/2013 1:31:18 AM)

It wouldn't happen to be the unit a certain mad russian served in by any chance?[;)]

BAL -> RE: Better Get to Know Red Storm... (2/24/2013 2:14:57 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jjhouston4

The Blackhorse weren't expected to 'defend', rather they were to slow down (screen) the horde long enough for the rest of V Corps to settle into an appropriate GPD.

In my experience with the "other" ACR the term "speed bump" was used.

Mad Russian -> RE: Better Get to Know Red Storm... (2/24/2013 2:30:50 PM)

There are different kinds of speed bumps. Depends on who it is and how fast they were going then they hit them.

Speaking of patches, here is another unit insignia you may know.

Some of these units may well show up in the new game. Possibly.

Good Hunting.

MR

[image]local://upfiles/28652/9F3FDA9A94714B43AD5A71768FD2AE52.jpg[/image]

Mad Russian -> RE: Better Get to Know Red Storm... (2/24/2013 2:31:24 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Plodder

It wouldn't happen to be the unit a certain mad russian served in by any chance?[;)]

Could be.

Good Hunting.

MR

jjhouston4 -> RE: Better Get to Know Red Storm... (2/24/2013 7:04:55 PM)

If the 11th ACR wasn't slowing down the horde, then those guys were building actual speed bumps for Sparky Spearhead.

quote:

I see. Good to know.

Then what about these guys?

Good Hunting.

MR

[image]local://upfiles/28652/75CC310CD03B41778B93EDCD589551EA.jpg[/image]

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI