RE: Better Get to Know Red Storm... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> FlashPoint Germany

Kiwi Red One -> RE: Better Get to Know Red Storm... (2/25/2013 8:49:11 AM)

double post

Kiwi Red One -> RE: Better Get to Know Red Storm... (2/25/2013 8:52:35 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mad Russian

There are different kinds of speed bumps. Depends on who it is and how fast they were going then they hit them.

Speaking of patches, here is another unit insignia you may know.

Some of these units may well show up in the new game. Possibly.

Good Hunting.

MR

[image]local://upfiles/28652/9F3FDA9A94714B43AD5A71768FD2AE52.jpg[/image]

This is the patch of the Bundeswehr's 5th Panzer Division.

http://web.archive.org/web/20070820022017/http://www.rk-limburg.de/rklm/die_bw/uniform/wappen/1wappengallery.htm

Looking forward to this game being released.....

Cheers
KRO

Hexagon -> RE: Better Get to Know Red Storm... (2/25/2013 3:39:45 PM)

Nice, maybe i prefer see screen shoots of the HQ units in game to know how you show them but... is not bad start a "game of patches" [:D]

Wodin, i refer to have the option to use as alternate numbers no the cross model... if only the number of crosses show the level of cover from wrecks and similar a number to show the cover in the hex (apart the hex terrain base cover) is for me a more clear way to show it.

Mad Russian -> RE: Better Get to Know Red Storm... (2/26/2013 1:01:40 PM)

Maybe, the patches you are looking at, are a part of the game?

Good Hunting.

MR

Mad Russian -> RE: Better Get to Know Red Storm... (2/26/2013 1:03:40 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jjhouston4

If the 11th ACR wasn't slowing down the horde, then those guys were building actual speed bumps for Sparky Spearhead.

quote:

I see. Good to know.

Then what about these guys?

Good Hunting.

MR

[image]local://upfiles/28652/75CC310CD03B41778B93EDCD589551EA.jpg[/image]

I do believe that was the plan. No matter what other speed bumps existed at the time.

Sparky Spearhead is a new one for me. Heard lot's of other names but you brought a new one to the table this time.

Good Hunting.

MR

Mad Russian -> RE: Better Get to Know Red Storm... (2/26/2013 1:06:46 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Plodder

It wouldn't happen to be the unit a certain mad russian served in by any chance?[;)]

It would.

I also spent time with the West German, British and French forces while there on my 3 year vacation.

Good Hunting.

MR

Mad Russian -> RE: Better Get to Know Red Storm... (3/2/2013 2:57:42 PM)

I was giving you guys too many easy insignia's. Let's see who knows what this one is.

Good Hunting.

MR

[image]local://upfiles/28652/397B63EB487B4128898834D98B10EE8F.jpg[/image]

wodin -> RE: Better Get to Know Red Storm... (3/2/2013 3:54:27 PM)

It's a Soviet Guards insignia but have no idea which units.

I will have a guess..

8th Guards Army? Well I reckon it's a unit in the 8th Guards Army anyway..or is it?

I've googled the life out of it and can't find it.

Mad Russian -> RE: Better Get to Know Red Storm... (3/2/2013 5:10:27 PM)

Are we sure it's Soviet?

Good Hunting.

MR

wodin -> RE: Better Get to Know Red Storm... (3/2/2013 5:58:51 PM)

Now I'm confused.

Hexagon -> RE: Better Get to Know Red Storm... (3/2/2013 7:08:20 PM)

I find the insignia BUT the CCCP part is not iron is gold... and only says is the guards insignia [&:] is in the 4th set of medals/insignias.

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?169773-Soviet-Armed-Forces-Soviet-Army-%281946-1991%29

PD: when more game images??? [:D]

wodin -> RE: Better Get to Know Red Storm... (3/2/2013 8:12:36 PM)

Thats not it mate. Where looking for a particular unit..with it on a brown background I presume. As it looks like the standard guards badge so it must be the colour background that puts it to a unit.

Mad Russian -> RE: Better Get to Know Red Storm... (3/2/2013 11:04:47 PM)

If you find insignia's for specific Soviet units that would be something we are interested in. That is, in fact, the Soviet Guards symbol.

Specific insignia's for Soviet units re hard to find. Here is one that may show up in the game...[&o]

Good Hunting.

MR

[image]local://upfiles/28652/B5F101E55F264F1985FDD0395F83BC1B.jpg[/image]

Mad Russian -> RE: Better Get to Know Red Storm... (3/2/2013 11:05:23 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hexagon

PD: when more game images??? [:D]

I don't know what you mean. I'm showing you game images now.

Good Hunting.

MR

jjhouston4 -> RE: Better Get to Know Red Storm... (3/3/2013 3:24:35 AM)

quote:

If you find insignia's for specific Soviet units that would be something we are interested in. That is, in fact, the Soviet Guards symbol.

Specific insignia's for Soviet units re hard to find. Here is one that may show up in the game...[&o]

Good Hunting.

MR

Isn't that a Russian rather than Soviet unit?

BAL -> RE: Better Get to Know Red Storm... (3/3/2013 4:19:49 AM)

It's the 4th Guards Tank Division "Kantemirovskaya". It says "Honor and Glory" on the bottom - or something like that.

The colors on the background would seem to indicate Russian rather than Soviet - so maybe it's a modern version of their patch since the division has been around since WW2.

wodin -> RE: Better Get to Know Red Storm... (3/3/2013 3:52:19 PM)

quote:

Good Hunting.

MR

So I was correct..you where teasing me!!:)

Mad Russian -> RE: Better Get to Know Red Storm... (3/6/2013 2:49:16 AM)

The WWII and modern insignia's for Russian/Soviet forces are out there if you look hard enough. What there isn't much documentation for is the Cold War era.

Good Hunting.

MR

Mad Russian -> RE: Better Get to Know Red Storm... (3/9/2013 1:05:23 AM)

Finally getting another moment after an insane week.

Some of you may recognize Soviet units when you see them. Seems like they are closing in on the beer. [X(]

Good Hunting.

MR

[image]local://upfiles/28652/DEC368B1C731437FB023F74AD2BDCB8B.jpg[/image]

wodin -> RE: Better Get to Know Red Storm... (3/9/2013 3:10:14 PM)

Oooohhh Heli's

Mad Russian -> RE: Better Get to Know Red Storm... (3/9/2013 3:42:55 PM)

Is that what those are? [&:]

I was wondering what those are.....[8D]

Good Hunting.

MR

wodin -> RE: Better Get to Know Red Storm... (3/11/2013 5:55:47 PM)

KA 50? MI 24? No idea on Russian Heli..but I want some ground attack Heli action..cool.

CarnageINC -> RE: Better Get to Know Red Storm... (3/11/2013 6:07:41 PM)

MI-24 Hinds...WOOT! Major question about attacking helo's Mad Russian. Being a former M1A1 tanker we were taught to engage helicopters with the 120mm main gun. Can tanks engage helicopters in the game?

Richie61 -> RE: Better Get to Know Red Storm... (3/11/2013 8:56:53 PM)

Steve,

Any idea when this is going to be released? Roughly that is.

CapnDarwin -> RE: Better Get to Know Red Storm... (3/11/2013 10:30:18 PM)

@CarnageINC - Not with the main gun. Granted if the helicopter was hovering, in range, low enough, etc, a shot might be possible. And yes I have a buddy who in an exercise, did in fact, take out an attack helo with the main gun. It is one of those very rare occurances that in a grand tactical game get cut from the combat model. And your tanks will be busy dealing with the enemy tanks. Lots and lots of them.

@Richie61 - Loaded question. Soon. We are currently waiting on the document guy to finish up this week on another project, waiting on box art, lead programmer got a real 9-5 job taking down the hours worked per week a bit. Integrating the PBEM++ was not as smooth or as simple as hoped and should be testing very soon. We are working on scenarios, bug fixes and testing and a number of other items. That being said I'm sure we would love to be out in the wild by May (mid-to-late ish). It is a matter of everything falling into place and also having us not knocked out by the flu, family emergencies, and job related travel. Those are killers on hours to finish this game. Keep checking in. We'll keep folks as up to date as we can.

Richie61 -> RE: Better Get to Know Red Storm... (3/11/2013 10:39:13 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Capn Darwin
@Richie61 - Loaded question. Soon. We are currently waiting on the document guy to finish up this week on another project, waiting on box art, lead programmer got a real 9-5 job taking down the hours worked per week a bit. Integrating the PBEM++ was not as smooth or as simple as hoped and should be testing very soon. We are working on scenarios, bug fixes and testing and a number of other items. That being said I'm sure we would love to be out in the wild by May (mid-to-late ish). It is a matter of everything falling into place and also having us not knocked out by the flu, family emergencies, and job related travel. Those are killers on hours to finish this game. Keep checking in. We'll keep folks as up to date as we can.

Thanks for the update! I was looking for a timeline and I didn't except a drop dead date.

Another question please:
Do I buy the 2005 released game and this is a patch/ upgrade or is this a brand new game (stand alone).
If I buy the first game and learn it, will I be wasting my time (not really the correct way to say it).

Sorry for all the questions, but this game really has peaked my interest [:)]

CapnDarwin -> RE: Better Get to Know Red Storm... (3/11/2013 11:35:28 PM)

New game, using the old one as a focal point of sorts for the new game engine.

We love questions. We will be able to say more hopefully soon. Waiting on a Matrix green light to get a new forum in the coming soon section. From there we will be able to talk freely about the game, show more pics, and talk about what under the hood more.

[8D]

CarnageINC -> RE: Better Get to Know Red Storm... (3/12/2013 12:32:59 AM)

Okay, since you can't take out helo's with the main gun, what kind of anti air assets are represented for the NATO side, specifically the US? I know the Russians have a bazzillon AA platforms, not worried about them.

Another question, do US helicopters (Cobra and Apache) come armed with Sidewinders?

CapnDarwin -> RE: Better Get to Know Red Storm... (3/12/2013 12:55:42 AM)

US has Redeye and Stinger MANPADs, Chaparral, Hawks, Patriots, and M163 Vulcans.

No AIM-9s or Stingers on the helicopters in the game. That being said you can edit the data and add your own version with them. [:D]

Richie61 -> RE: Better Get to Know Red Storm... (3/12/2013 2:12:12 AM)

Awesome! Let's Get R Done [:D]

Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI