RE: New map for WITE (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Scenario Design and Modding

IronDuke_slith -> RE: New map for WITE (11/6/2013 12:00:21 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jison

quote:

ORIGINAL: Balou

Jison,

One more for your todo list: hex X12, y89: "Brunau" !!! It's the city where the bad boy who started WW2 and WitE was born. It should read "Braunau".
Apart from this most serious misspelling in the history of ww2 wargaming [:D]: thanks for your map.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you are using Gorans map version? As far as I know, Braunau are not included in WitE - so it isnt even on my map. It is added to Gorans map however, and with Brunau as a spelling.

Jison

Any ETA on the final piece of your work on this map mod? If I recall you were planning on one last release? Any teasers as to what will be covered and when?

Thanks and Regards,
ID

Jison -> RE: New map for WITE (11/6/2013 12:11:55 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: IronDuke

Any ETA on the final piece of your work on this map mod? If I recall you were planning on one last release? Any teasers as to what will be covered and when?

Thanks and Regards,
ID

What remains to do are new symbols for battle reports, attacks, victory locations, routed units and some other minor stuff. Below you see some wip Luftwaffe interdiction reports to the left and some routed russian units around Dnepropetrovsk to the right.

Jison

[image]local://upfiles/32172/FD24614292394C1493CD6692CDAE7787.jpg[/image]

anglonorman -> RE: New map for WITE (12/28/2013 7:39:38 PM)

n/t

Shiva the Destroyer -> RE: New map for WITE (1/1/2014 6:22:19 AM)

Awesome rework of the WITE map!

However, it's missing the Baltic Rail Zone boundary line...
and probably less importantly the German NO move line running North/South over Lake Onega which may not matter anyhow.

edit1> I like it well enough to use it and just refer to the old map for the necessary Baltic Rail Zone when necessary via a second (instance) install of WITE!
I figure Jison will correct the omission soon enough. [:)]

edit2> On my rig (using Win7), I had to remove the /DAT/ART/GUI subfolder files from the mod and the WITEFontConfig.txt file in order to get the soft factor corners to display on the units. Not an issue for me but might be nice if the map rework was posted standalone from other modifications for those who might have similar issues.

Jison -> RE: New map for WITE (1/1/2014 9:32:37 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gray Lensman

Awesome rework of the WITE map!

However, it's missing the Baltic Rail Zone boundary line...
and probably less importantly the German NO move line running North/South over Lake Onega which may not matter anyhow.

edit1> I like it well enough to use it and just refer to the old map for the necessary Baltic Rail Zone when necessary via a second (instance) install of WITE!
I figure Jison will correct the omission soon enough. [:)]

edit2> On my rig (using Win7), I had to remove the /DAT/ART/GUI subfolder files from the mod and the WITEFontConfig.txt file in order to get the soft factor corners to display on the units. Not an issue for me but might be nice if the map rework was posted standalone from other modifications for those who might have similar issues.

Glad you like the map, Gray. [:)]

The Baltic Rail Zone: well, the baltic countries have their own borders on this map, so a boundary line seemed unnecessary.

No Move Lines over Onega: there are no movement/attack lines over any water on this map - a deliberate choice I made.

Standalone downloads: the aim is to make a complete package, not dozens of different standalone parts. The user are then free to go with a complete visual conversion by using the whole package as is or to manually pick and choose whatever bits and pieces he wants. Thats not an 'issue', thats more of a 'feature'. [;)]

Jison

Zovs -> RE: New map for WITE (1/1/2014 10:15:50 AM)

Yeah, I took out the counters and the UI, as I did not care for those at all, but I love the map.

I love the map with my new counter font (see my other thread posts), for me the counters then pop out.

Everyone has different tastes for maps, counters or UI, hence one of the fantastic things about the JSGME mod thing and the font config file.

Moongazer -> RE: New map for WITE (1/4/2014 1:06:31 PM)

I have just been looking at the map 10 out of 10 Kudos. I have a question about it, so when you install it to the folders does it overwrite the original file?

Zovs -> RE: New map for WITE (1/4/2014 1:27:00 PM)

If you use the JSGME program it will save it and you can then switch mods back and forth in a breeze.

Moongazer -> RE: New map for WITE (1/4/2014 5:30:58 PM)

Thanks for that information dlazov66 that's me up and running [:)][:)]. One thing I noticed was I had to rename the units file and copy the old units file to the new map as I preferred them as my eyesight was not up to it [;)]

jzardos -> RE: New map for WITE (1/22/2014 5:20:26 AM)

Great map mod, using it now.
Just curious if there is a way to change a few colors that I'm having problems with.

Rom units look brown and too much like Soviets (actually do prefer the baby blue Rom [:)] )?
SS units would like more black?
Sov GDS units look almost pink and would prefer red.

Any thoughts here would be appreciated. Thanks

Jison -> RE: New map for WITE (1/22/2014 5:53:19 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jzardos

Great map mod, using it now.
Just curious if there is a way to change a few colors that I'm having problems with.

Rom units look brown and too much like Soviets (actually do prefer the baby blue Rom [:)] )?
SS units would like more black?
Sov GDS units look almost pink and would prefer red.

Any thoughts here would be appreciated. Thanks

Since you are asking for the exact same colors as the original counters, may I suggest that you use them instead?

Jison

Zovs -> RE: New map for WITE (1/22/2014 10:55:41 PM)

Your welcome Moongazer.
:)

JOE02 -> RE: New map for WITE (1/26/2014 7:50:24 AM)

Hello,

Thank you for your wonderful work Jison ! [sm=happy0065.gif]

JonFarber -> RE: New map for WITE (2/18/2014 9:44:07 PM)

Just recently got the game, and happened across this mod. Looks absolutely beautiful! Amazing work! I'm having issue with the download though, anyone else had any issues? I've tried multiple times and keep getting a corrupted RAR.

Any chance the download got corrupted or something? Might just be a crappy connection on my part, but hadn't had this issue before. Very anxious to try this out though, the screenshots look fantastic.

Thanks!

EDIT: It was definitely my connection having issues! Had a friend download it for me and share it and had no problems. Going to dive in and try it out now, thanks for all the work on this!

Tuhhodge -> RE: New map for WITE (2/26/2014 4:33:15 PM)

Gertbeef,

I'm glad you posted your experience of the Map mod. I have just been experiencing the same problem with a corrupt RAR file. The file 29.tga leads to an "Irrecoverable Error: CRC error detected" when unzipped. The map still loads but the tiles along the bottom of the map from Romania eastwards to the Caucus are in fact from the original map. Scrolling the screen then leads to corrupt graphics.

Although I never had this problem when originally installing on my PC I also have a poor internet connection. I'm now using a Macbook Pro with Windows 8.1 and Parallels 9.0 to play the game, so I had assumed the error related to that combination. From what Gertbeef says, it sounds like my internet connection is the source of the problem. I guess a trip over to the mother-in-law's to use her fast broadband is in order!

Does anyone have any other advice?

Tuhhodge -> RE: New map for WITE (3/2/2014 6:52:53 AM)

Update-

Courtesy of my mother-in-law's internet connection, I successfully downloaded the map and the game works flawlessly. Lesson learned!

[:)]

wallas -> RE: New map for WITE (3/5/2014 7:27:09 PM)

Jison thank you. This mod is so much better then vanilla and has increased my enjoyment of the game 100 times. Many thanks for sharing. I am blown away with the modifications you made to this game

swkuh -> RE: New map for WITE (3/6/2014 1:12:59 PM)

Thanks, Jison for the mod (now in use) and kind support to get started.

swkuh -> RE: New map for WITE (3/23/2014 10:45:41 AM)

Jison's map is great, helps the game.

But, any help in getting another color for Romanian units?

FJeff -> RE: New map for WITE (3/23/2014 4:56:43 PM)

How can I go back to the vanilla units with this lovely map?

Zovs -> RE: New map for WITE (3/23/2014 5:19:18 PM)

I use the J2Mod Swap program and with one click of a button can switch back and forth with ease.

FJeff -> RE: New map for WITE (3/23/2014 5:31:21 PM)

Where can I get that?

strumdiv -> RE: New map for WITE (5/10/2014 2:45:45 AM)

love the new map. looks really good nice job. would like to add each nations flag to the upper right corner of all HQ units. how can this be done?

Rongor -> RE: New map for WITE (5/21/2014 7:06:36 AM)

I am using your map. Thank you!

justadude -> RE: New map for WITE (6/5/2014 3:59:19 PM)

Beautiful work.

davesnoke -> RE: New map for WITE (6/26/2014 1:44:31 AM)

Jison -

Do you have an email address linked to a PayPal account which you can share with me? If so, I'd be happy to send a payment for this superb map modification you've made available at no cost to the gaming community.

Your willingness to offer this mod to other gamers without charge does you great credit. I doubt I'm the only one who would have been perfectly happy to purchase the mod from you. I hope Matrix keeps you gainfully employed for a long time to come.

Keep up the good work, and good luck to you.

Dave Snoke

Jison -> RE: New map for WITE (6/28/2014 10:10:21 PM)

Fiddle around with mods are fun - fiddle around with PayPal accounts are not! [;)] But I do appreciate the thought, Dave. [:)]

Jison

Eambar -> RE: New map for WITE (9/10/2014 2:54:04 PM)

Jison,

Just wanted to add my thanks for a beautiful map and GUI. Coming back to the game after a break away, and playing on this map is like playing a new game!

Thanks again,

Cheers

Peltonx -> RE: New map for WITE (9/26/2014 11:23:33 AM)

can you repost the link?

821Bobo -> RE: New map for WITE (9/26/2014 11:44:11 AM)

Pelton click here [;)]

Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI