Italian Reunification (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Age of Muskets] >> Pride of Nations

Dirk Dahmann -> Italian Reunification (8/12/2013 8:10:08 AM)

I just started a campaign as Piemontese. How exactly do you promote Italian reunification in game terms?
The Manual is lang but not specific in this question. I found out that I can increase say Tuscany's feeling for me once a year. Is this sufficient? Probably not. Do I have to fight them into submission? Will they positively respond to diplomacy? Obviously they are not "colonies".

loki100 -> RE: Italian Reunification (8/12/2013 9:15:06 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tubilderborst

I just started a campaign as Piemontese. How exactly do you promote Italian reunification in game terms?
The Manual is lang but not specific in this question. I found out that I can increase say Tuscany's feeling for me once a year. Is this sufficient? Probably not. Do I have to fight them into submission? Will they positively respond to diplomacy? Obviously they are not "colonies".

You have two options (and, as a shameless plug, may want to check out my AAR on S-P on the AGEOD forums).

One is the events around 1859. What won't happen is an Austrian attack (the AI is aware of the defensive alliance with France and is too bright to suicide attack), but you can use the S-P forces in a military campaign in the rest of Italy. You should have enough power to win these wars (see Powloon's AAR on the same forum for how he did this).

The alternative is to wait till the mid-1860s. To set this up, steadily play all the 'Italian Unification' cards on the capitals of the Italian minors. That will create the basis for a peaceful reunification.

Beware, in both approaches, a united Italy is not (and this is historically correct) a very happy place, it'll take you a good couple of years to absorb your gains and deal with discontent.

As to the Po valley, well both myself and Powloon used a different approach. You are safe from attack (that defensive alliance with France) but Austria has one with Germany. So you need to be opportunistic, wait till either the two German powers clash or Prussia is in another war. Equally, building up your strength by wailing on the Ottomans can be a good tool to build the army you will need to beat Austria (even once you have them diplomatically isolated).

Dirk Dahmann -> RE: Italian Reunification (8/12/2013 10:43:00 AM)

Thank you,
I've seen your extensive posting and shall surely peruse it at a later stage.
Currently I prefer to make my own mistakes.[:)]
But your mail definitely did help.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI