Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Italian Reunification

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Age of Muskets] >> Pride of Nations >> Italian Reunification Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Italian Reunification - 8/12/2013 8:10:08 AM   
Dirk Dahmann

I just started a campaign as Piemontese. How exactly do you promote Italian reunification in game terms?
The Manual is lang but not specific in this question. I found out that I can increase say Tuscany's feeling for me once a year. Is this sufficient? Probably not. Do I have to fight them into submission? Will they positively respond to diplomacy? Obviously they are not "colonies".
Post #: 1
RE: Italian Reunification - 8/12/2013 9:15:06 AM   
loki100

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tubilderborst

I just started a campaign as Piemontese. How exactly do you promote Italian reunification in game terms?
The Manual is lang but not specific in this question. I found out that I can increase say Tuscany's feeling for me once a year. Is this sufficient? Probably not. Do I have to fight them into submission? Will they positively respond to diplomacy? Obviously they are not "colonies".

You have two options (and, as a shameless plug, may want to check out my AAR on S-P on the AGEOD forums).

One is the events around 1859. What won't happen is an Austrian attack (the AI is aware of the defensive alliance with France and is too bright to suicide attack), but you can use the S-P forces in a military campaign in the rest of Italy. You should have enough power to win these wars (see Powloon's AAR on the same forum for how he did this).

The alternative is to wait till the mid-1860s. To set this up, steadily play all the 'Italian Unification' cards on the capitals of the Italian minors. That will create the basis for a peaceful reunification.

Beware, in both approaches, a united Italy is not (and this is historically correct) a very happy place, it'll take you a good couple of years to absorb your gains and deal with discontent.

As to the Po valley, well both myself and Powloon used a different approach. You are safe from attack (that defensive alliance with France) but Austria has one with Germany. So you need to be opportunistic, wait till either the two German powers clash or Prussia is in another war. Equally, building up your strength by wailing on the Ottomans can be a good tool to build the army you will need to beat Austria (even once you have them diplomatically isolated).

(in reply to Dirk Dahmann)
Post #: 2
RE: Italian Reunification - 8/12/2013 10:43:00 AM   
Dirk Dahmann

Thank you,
I've seen your extensive posting and shall surely peruse it at a later stage.
Currently I prefer to make my own mistakes.
But your mail definitely did help.

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Age of Muskets] >> Pride of Nations >> Italian Reunification Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI