A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports

Cap Mandrake -> A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere (3/24/2014 6:43:07 PM)

AKA: "The World's Second Worst AAR"

***************Hittokapu Bay, deck of Kaga, November 22, 1941(d)***************

<A group of airmen appear to be polishing the sheet metal of the superstructure with curious semicircular motions of their arms. There is a pleasing rhythmicity to their movements. The camera draws nearer and we become aware an officer is giving orders>

Lt. Miyagi: Waaahx on...waaahx off....................Waaahx on...waaahx off................Excerent!....I sharh inform Captain Fuchida. The men are ready.

witpqs -> RE: A Hitchiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere (3/24/2014 6:46:22 PM)

Phone just rang... Caller ID said "JAMAICA"... Caller said "I'm calling from Publisher's Clearinghouse"...

Cap Mandrake -> RE: A Hitchiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere (3/24/2014 6:49:44 PM)

419 Area Code? You should send money so they can mail you the check!

Cap Mandrake -> RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere (3/24/2014 6:52:14 PM)

I know nothing about Japan-mens economy save for accidental scraps of information gleaned from the adults around the dinner table. I'm not sure Rord Admirar SPrior is any better off.

DON'T PANIC!

Cap Mandrake -> RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere (3/24/2014 7:12:27 PM)

Lt. Miyagi, IJN, Nov. 1941(d)

[image]local://upfiles/7983/91E4EF20DE1A49DAA1C6112CF8453DCD.jpg[/image]

uncivil_servant -> RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere (3/24/2014 7:18:28 PM)

Dear Lord - they've switched sides?!

Who are you playing and will you be visiting Broadway in '44 or '45?

Lt. Miyagi, IJN,
"Fly too high, safe. Fly under Pearl CAP, safe. Fly straight down the middle, sooner or later get squish just like H&M competitor. Here, Japans-side, same thing. Either you squash allies 'yes' or squash allies 'no.' You nevah do 'guess so.'"

Chickenboy -> RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere (3/24/2014 8:29:16 PM)

I'm getting the whole set!

ETA: I didn't see any Dutch or Chinese army dummies for practice beatings. I wonder if that's in an add-on?

[image]local://upfiles/6968/8E763C0D59004297BFAF2C9A55328AC2.jpg[/image]

zuluhour -> RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere (3/24/2014 9:04:43 PM)

This thread can't possibly lead anywhere good.[8D]

sprior -> RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere (3/24/2014 9:06:29 PM)

Is this on? <tap><tap>

sprior -> RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere (3/24/2014 9:07:45 PM)

I was going to call this "From Here to Maternity".

pws1225 -> RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere (3/24/2014 9:08:15 PM)

No

zuluhour -> RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere (3/24/2014 9:12:35 PM)

SANTA MARIA!! I want to attend boarding school in England.

[image]local://upfiles/37319/9E97BE5E76924CC5828B0922DD1327AB.jpg[/image]

I like those regulation low quarters.....

sprior -> RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere (3/24/2014 9:15:44 PM)

Are you sure?

[image]local://upfiles/6847/7C70687404B34E94A1919BD22794484B.jpg[/image]

witpqs -> RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere (3/24/2014 9:20:02 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: sprior

That's what happens when lasses hitchhike.

Cap Mandrake -> RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere (3/24/2014 9:49:24 PM)

quote:

[:D][:D] Haha! That-ah broody funny.

That reminds me of a line by Walter Matthau who played "Whiplass Willie" in The Fortune Cookie

Matthau is an amubulance chaser. He passes a young woman raising money for "Unwed Mothers"

He stops and gives her some cash, saying, "I'm for that". [:D]

Wirraway_Ace -> RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere (3/24/2014 10:25:27 PM)

I am looking forward to the transmogrification of Cap Mandrake's writing style to elegant and nuanced Japanese (carefully and artfully transliterated to American English).

Cap Mandrake -> RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere (3/24/2014 10:56:45 PM)

We will be fighting the Imperialist aggressors of hyberbill and krishub1*

We will be doing scenario 28 DBB v B with stacking limits and Symon's antistratospheroscope mod.

PDU on....I think.

All Japan-mens ships will have, croaking devices, automated Halon fire extinguisher systems and reinforced drain plugs.

*krishub2 was busy

sprior -> RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere (3/25/2014 12:00:42 AM)

And sieves to stop the fish heads blocking the drains.

poodlebrain -> RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere (3/25/2014 1:21:19 AM)

I'm looking forward to this almost as much as a Vogon poetry recital. Needless to say, I have my towel handy.

witpqs -> RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere (3/25/2014 1:31:05 AM)

As you folks have "Player 1" this time, remember to select the options correctly. For example, upgrades and replacements, so you don't wind up with empty pools when planned otherwise. [8D]

sprior -> RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere (3/25/2014 4:26:08 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

when planned otherwise. [8D]

You're assuming planning.

RogerJNeilson -> RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere (3/25/2014 6:46:12 AM)

Planning or pranning?

Roger

sprior -> RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere (3/25/2014 4:21:08 PM)

We haven't divided up responsibilities yet but we do have to ask: Manila or Vanilla? (I just made that up). I say Manila then KB can go haring across to the Malay peninsula and support a landing at Mersing. What's not to like?

GreyJoy -> RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere (3/25/2014 4:28:18 PM)

But a stock game? Or a DBB one? Strongly suggest the latter...

A Mersing gambit with the KB around doesn't sound much "right" to me. At least not at the very first turns...

PDU ON or OFF?

Chickenboy -> RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere (3/25/2014 4:30:51 PM)

quote:

We haven't divided up responsibilities yet but we do have to ask: Manila or Vanilla? (I just made that up). I say Manila then KB can go haring across to the Malay peninsula and support a landing at Mersing. What's not to like?

Not a bad plan if you want to keep KB in the DEI. I'm a fan of the Manira gambit, but then will frequently detach Kaga + 2 CVLs plus 1-2 CVEs to keep the Allied dogs busy. The balance of KB can then be freed to go cause havoc or support landings elsewhere.

If you elect to keep KB in the area, the South China sea 4-6 hexes NW of Manira is your launch site. If you elect to hit and run with KB, then the Phillipine Sea E of Manira is your launch site.

I'm a little 'squirmy' about having a full KB operate in waters so restricted in the early hours of the conflict. Lots of Allied dog ships running around causing problems for an air combat TF in shallow waters and narrow straits.

sprior -> RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere (3/25/2014 4:31:00 PM)

Babes Scen B, PDU on I think. Not suggesting it first turn but after the "1" port attack at Manila.

Chickenboy -> RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere (3/25/2014 4:33:20 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: GreyJoy
A Mersing gambit with the KB around doesn't sound much "right" to me. At least not at the very first turns...

Why not? If the IJ is going to pay the price of admission and tie up KB supporting a Mersing landing, why not? It's ahistorical, to be sure, but certainly within the realm of reason for a fully supported and gutsy landing subject to Allied (dog) interdiction.

Lecivius -> RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere (3/25/2014 8:25:28 PM)

I don't know if the Matrix servers can handle another thread like this [X(]

Cap Mandrake -> RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere (3/25/2014 8:37:32 PM)

Here's my idea:

4 or 5 carriers strike Pearl.

1 or 2 hunt for PoW and Repulse if they try to make a run for it to the South on turn 1. The carriers stand off Western Borneo somewhere set on naval attack.

The CVL near Mindanao to pick off the escapees from Luzon.

We are in compliance with both house rules and historical feasibility in that repsect.

Cap Mandrake -> RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere (3/25/2014 8:40:38 PM)

Maybe Zuikaku and Shokaku operate together near Borneo and help support either a Mersing landing and/or Palembang landing a bit later. CAP set to 70% perhaps on turn one because there will be air attacks from Singers but they almsot certainly will get murderized.

PoW is a real threat in the DEI. If they port them on turn one we won't hit them but most folks run then SE to cover.

Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI