RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports

HansBolter -> RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere (6/18/2014 4:35:32 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

He did actually have a personal bodyguard for about 2 years..a massive African American lad with a jaw like a WWII propaganda poster. Never quite figured out why that was necessary for real estate development.

I'm in the architecture business in Florida. I remember an AIA dinner many years ago where the keynote speaker was a prominent architect from Miami.

He told a story of designing a multi-million dollar mansion for a client who paid him in cash. At the completion of the project he went to the site to get photos of the house and was confronted by the DEA who were locking down and confiscating the property.

You can never be sure who you may be climbing into bed with when pursuing development projects in south Florida.

p.s. I too carry a 9mm....a CZ75.

pontiouspilot -> RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere (6/18/2014 5:14:24 PM)

Wow architects obviously have more trouble getting paid down there than here! Let's not piss you off in this forum!!

Cap Mandrake -> RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere (6/18/2014 5:17:28 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: HansBolter

quote:

He did actually have a personal bodyguard for about 2 years..a massive African American lad with a jaw like a WWII propaganda poster. Never quite figured out why that was necessary for real estate development.

I'm in the architecture business in Florida. I remember an AIA dinner many years ago where the keynote speaker was a prominent architect from Miami.

He told a story of designing a multi-million dollar mansion for a client who paid him in cash. At the completion of the project he went to the site to get photos of the house and was confronted by the DEA who were locking down and confiscating the property.

You can never be sure who you may be climbing into bed with when pursuing development projects in south Florida.

p.s. I too carry a 9mm....a CZ75.

I think most of the investors were good 'ole boys but there were a couple of Colombians who were said to be "soccer palyers" [:D]

The sales strategy was quite sophisticated:

1) Invite investors down

2) Go out to the property for a tour and bird hunting

3) Have a big BBQ spread with free booze (after the shooting)

4) After the 2 carbon fragments take effect...bring in highly paid professional women and pretend like they work at the office and just dropped by..everyone parties and then they pair up according to a predesignated attack plan and go back to the free rooms at the hotel on the property

5) Sunday afternoon...after some water and coffee and tylenol you ask for the checks...et voila!

Cap Mandrake -> RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere (6/18/2014 5:32:59 PM)

By ra way, this trick of convincing average looking guys that fantastically attractive women would approach them spontaneously and throw themselves at them sexually...even though nothing remotely like this has ever happened to them in the prior 35-55 years of their life on the planet...is remarkably effective.

It's almost as if some mysterious power takes over for the higher cortical centers.

Cap Mandrake -> RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere (6/18/2014 5:37:51 PM)

Here is a failure of higher cortical function of epic proportions. This guy didn't just end up buying Florida real estate either.

[:D][:D] Oh, Mordecai! What on Earth were you thinking? [:D]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mordechai_Vanunu

Cap Mandrake -> RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere (6/18/2014 5:41:59 PM)

But the Mossad "Honey Trap" bait is now working selling real estate at a golf resort in Florida. [:D]

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/history-catches-up-with-mossad-seductress-who-trapped-vanunu-6170960.html

fabertong -> RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere (6/18/2014 5:53:54 PM)

Alas......have you been giving them a spanking?

Cap Mandrake -> RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere (6/18/2014 5:57:23 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: fabertong

Alas......have you been giving them a spanking?

Hey, amigo! Hardly...I think it's only Dec 18, 1941(d) [:D]

Care to take over? [:D]

witpqs -> RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere (6/18/2014 5:59:30 PM)

quote:

But the Mossad "Honey Trap" bait is now working selling real estate at a golf resort in Florida. [:D]

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/history-catches-up-with-mossad-seductress-who-trapped-vanunu-6170960.html

Might Italy want to extradite her for kidnapping? [:D]

fabertong -> RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere (6/18/2014 6:27:29 PM)

If your other folk drop out.......I'd be happy to take up the fight......if only to try and repay the spanking I'm getting in our game......

poodlebrain -> RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere (7/3/2014 1:50:18 PM)

quote:

Along those lines was Captain Binghamton supposed to be gay or just "high strung"? Even as a kid I sensed he was very odd.
I saw in the newspaper this morning that LT. Elroy Carpenter, ok the actor who portrayed him, passed away at age 89. LINK

Bif1961 -> RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere (7/4/2014 1:31:33 PM)

That would mean Tim Conway Died?

Crackaces -> RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere (7/4/2014 4:17:46 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bif1961

That would mean Tim Conway Died?

NOPE that would be Ensign Parker .. follow the link ..

uncivil_servant -> RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere (7/11/2014 12:12:50 PM)

Did this game end prematurely? I was so looking forward to you guys gong all banzai.

Cap Mandrake -> RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere (7/11/2014 4:37:57 PM)

Hai! We try unsuccessfurry to get Arried prayer password.

Does anyone know if Michael M can hack it out of a pws file?

witpqs -> RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere (7/11/2014 6:23:05 PM)

quote:

Hai! We try unsuccessfurry to get Arried prayer password.

Does anyone know if Michael M can hack it out of a pws file?

I think he can.

uncivil_servant -> RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere (7/16/2014 11:47:14 AM)

I humbly beseech thee gentlemen to either get this old gal going again with new opponents or to restart. Just from views and comments people salivate over your AARs much as like an orangutan salivates over a Ginger zoo patron eating a banana in front of them. Or, in WiTPiAE themed parlance - how French and Italian naval officers behaved towards Amy Elizabeth Thorpe.

If I ma suggest to the readers perusing this thread if we could have one of the "old hands" around here and thus reliable take one of the two allied slots and allow a hungry newb-ish sort of fellow to be their partner and if one is on Vacation or out the other can take over the big picture for a turn or two allowing smooth game-play. Plus, having an experienced Allied player combined with a more green newbie, combined with with the gruesome twosome here never having played the Japanese should lend to both sides willing to take risks, and thus potentially riveting gameplay. Further, having dual opponents means an "old hand" around here can be willing to take on the experienced allied position #1 knowing they can, at times, just tell the other player what to do for a couple rounds as they focus on their other game or their non-gaming responsibilities. ((As long as the victors of New Scotland are not completely hand held by experienced ritter yerrow bastalards who get them to play like old hands for the IJ side.))

Just a humble supplicant here begging to more stuff from you guys.

BBfanboy -> RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere (7/16/2014 12:38:21 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: uncivil_servant

I humbly beseech thee gentlemen to either get this old gal going again with new opponents or to restart. Just from views and comments people salivate over your AARs much as like an orangutan salivates over a Ginger zoo patron eating a banana in front of them. Or, in WiTPiAE themed parlance - how French and Italian naval officers behaved towards Amy Elizabeth Thorpe.

If I ma suggest to the readers perusing this thread if we could have one of the "old hands" around here and thus reliable take one of the two allied slots and allow a hungry newb-ish sort of fellow to be their partner and if one is on Vacation or out the other can take over the big picture for a turn or two allowing smooth game-play. Plus, having an experienced Allied player combined with a more green newbie, combined with with the gruesome twosome here never having played the Japanese should lend to both sides willing to take risks, and thus potentially riveting gameplay. Further, having dual opponents means an "old hand" around here can be willing to take on the experienced allied position #1 knowing they can, at times, just tell the other player what to do for a couple rounds as they focus on their other game or their non-gaming responsibilities. ((As long as the victors of New Scotland are not completely hand held by experienced ritter yerrow bastalards who get them to play like old hands for the IJ side.))

Just a humble supplicant here begging to more stuff from you guys.

Old-hand/new hand idea is interesting. I suggest you recruit Canoerebel and get him back on the screen. Miss his AARs but understand his frustration at
Campaign Interruptus several times in a row. I think CR would be a great match against Cap M and Sprior.

Cap Mandrake -> RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere (7/16/2014 5:14:56 PM)

Not sure about Admiral Lord Sprior but I am not used to being beseeched. [:D]

Does anyone know Michael M well enough to ask him if he can decode the Arried password?

I feel it might be an imposition???

Cap Mandrake -> RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere (7/21/2014 6:35:49 PM)

Sprendid! Mistah Michaerh M decode Arried password and pran is to send to Admirar Rord Fabertong.

Onry probrem, Mandrake-san not remember Japan-mens password. Hopefurry, Admirar Rord SPrior with big-ah brain and Engrish education remember password..

witpqs -> RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere (7/21/2014 7:16:07 PM)

quote:

Sprendid! Mistah Michaerh M decode Arried password and pran is to send to Admirar Rord Fabertong.

Onry probrem, Mandrake-san not remember Japan-mens password. Hopefurry, Admirar Rord SPrior with big-ah brain and Engrish education remember password..

Look in your Tracker config file for that game - Tracker needs the password! [:)]

Cap Mandrake -> RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere (7/25/2014 3:40:00 PM)

Sprinkrers, grass, oak-ah.

Mistah Michaerh M recover Arried password. Rord Adirarh Fabertong rooking over firhes. Getting crose to war starting again.

[image]local://upfiles/7983/7F9C7D18E150491EA439D86BB6D2953B.jpg[/image]

Cap Mandrake -> RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere (7/25/2014 5:03:16 PM)

Rough day? Stress? Imagine you can hear the surf....Big Sur....breathtaking viewpoint number 127b

I am beginning to wonder if Amdirarh Rord SPrior has re-enlisted after the conference on Victory. [:D]

[image]local://upfiles/7983/86D704BE03014E17BB0D6D0012A88066.jpg[/image]

Cap Mandrake -> RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere (7/25/2014 6:50:33 PM)

************Aboard I-30, 60 nm E of Santa Monica, Dec 18, 1943(d)************

Radioman First Crass Hideo "Sparks" Hata: <tunes radio to National Pubric Radio station in Santa Monica..an announcer procraims>

"Toby's Tequila...hand made, organic and gluten free"

HAHAHAHHAHAHAH. Hory crap! How can we roose with idiotis rike that on Arried side? Gruten free? HAAHAHAHAHAHA....

Chickenboy -> RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere (7/26/2014 12:06:14 AM)

quote:

************Aboard I-30, 60 nm E of Santa Monica, Dec 18, 1943(d)************

Radioman First Crass Hideo "Sparks" Hata: <tunes radio to National Pubric Radio station in Santa Monica..an announcer procraims>

"Toby's Tequila...hand made, organic and gluten free"

HAHAHAHHAHAHAH. Hory crap! How can we roose with idiotis rike that on Arried side? Gruten free? HAAHAHAHAHAHA....

Radioman Second Crass Isiro "Whazat/Rouder!" Imiguchi (by Hata's shoulder):

No-ah! This important! Does it have trans-fats or choresteror?

Cap Mandrake -> RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere (7/29/2014 3:07:43 PM)

*********With 52nd Navah Guard, aboard Tensyru Maru, 360nm NW Funafuti*********

Sensei: Cpt. Migita want to make 52nd Navah Guard more efficient so Sensei teach you Toyo-DA Rean. This-ah technique to improve organization. Even rowry recruits get to put in ideas. Questions?

WO Nagata: Sensei, what-ah Toyo-DA mean?

Sensei: Herr if I know. Some kind of company. Now, Japan-mens onry have 4 days, aftah war start again, tirr
rand on Samoa. Who want to be on event?

WO Nagata: How rong event-ah rast?

Sensei: 7 days. 6 days to teach-ah Toyo-DA Rean and 1 day devise new amphibious procedures.

WO Nagata: But, Sensei, Japan-mens rand in four days? New procedures ready 3 days aftah we rand?

Sensei: HAI! Sensei want to start right away!

Cap Mandrake -> RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere (7/29/2014 3:34:11 PM)

Still no response from Admiral Sir Lord SPrior. I fear he may have suffered the fate of young Billy Budd. He may 5 days hard sail off the Azores and can't get a cell signal.

Cap Mandrake -> RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere (7/29/2014 3:40:11 PM)

What diversions should Japan-mens do just for entertainment value?

Kona? That would certainly draw a response.

Cold Bay and then Coal Harbour? That would get their attention.

Cap Mandrake -> RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere (7/29/2014 3:45:18 PM)

I am thinking the capture of Lord Howe should come without warning. We want Force Z up in the DEI somewhere.

We need a ton of suppries, AKE's and construction engineers to build up the airfield ASAP.
And some serious surface forces to prevent night bombardment. Maybe a carrier raid on Melbourne to stage a city attack..take out the refinery and aircraft plants (even though they don't make anything useful)[:)]

Cap Mandrake -> RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere (7/29/2014 3:55:50 PM)

Economically, what happens to Oz if you were to destroy all refinery capacity and shut all flow of supplies and fuel from CONUS and then harass or stop supply flow and fuel from South Africa?

They would have a fuel shortage for sure but what about supplies?

Has anyone either been able to do that or been at the receiving end?

Page: <<   < prev  16 17 [18] 19 20   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI