(Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Opponents Wanted

red -> (2/22/2003 2:32:33 AM)

Like they say in MIB2" You are ALIVE!!! Somebody dais you were dead." You are matched with Gary Tatro.

red -> Match up update (2/22/2003 2:32:53 AM)

Ironfist (Matrix Recruit):Germany/Finland
vs
Gary Tatro (Matrix Veteran):USSR/USA

Gary Tatro -> ahh man (2/22/2003 3:19:55 AM)

Now I have to purchase and deploy again!!! :(
Hey Red I would like to give Jim a few more days to reply. Something might have come up so if I have not heard anything from him by Monday I will set up a game with Ironfist.

Ironfist -> Terms of battle (2/22/2003 1:56:39 PM)

Let me know And I'll be ready.

Gary Tatro -> Re: ahh man (2/22/2003 8:30:58 PM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Gary Tatro
[B]Now I have to purchase and deploy again!!! :(
Hey Red I would like to give Jim a few more days to reply. Something might have come up so if I have not heard anything from him by Monday I will set up a game with Ironfist. [/B][/QUOTE]

Red do you think you could find another opponent for Ironfist. If not I will play him also (as a real game or a bye). Jim had been out of town last week but he got in touch with me and sent me the files so we are on.

red -> (2/22/2003 8:39:24 PM)

Gary, you can play Ironfist but I'm afraid it since its Round 1 game , it can't count as a game for you but if you need a break from work sure go ahead :D

Gary Tatro -> Red (2/22/2003 9:17:37 PM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by red
[B]Gary, you can play Ironfist but I'm afraid it since its Round 1 game , it can't count as a game for you but if you need a break from work sure go ahead :D [/B][/QUOTE]

No I was not looking for a 2nd round draft. I just was not sure if he would be getting an opponent. So I was volonteering. As for work I live there latly. :) He might not want to play me first round. :D

Ironfist -> Dude. (2/23/2003 1:14:47 AM)

You guys figure out what you want to do and let me know. :p
So my understanding of the game is round one 1941. 10% total arty. Possible air, 1st Opponent choice of country, no prelaid mines, C and C off, rarity off, limited ammo on. What about Historic ? all other option on. What about Fast arty?

aussem -> Tournament (2/25/2003 4:26:08 AM)

Sounds interesting, so I would like to play. Would prefer to be Germans.

Aussem. :)

red -> (2/25/2003 4:32:54 AM)

Aussem, Saturday was the deadline for entries but since we are still palying round 1, if others don't mind, you can play. If Gary Tatro hasn't started playing Ironfist who didn't have an opponent, he, Ironfirst is your opponent. Also you need to state your second choice country.

aussem -> World Cup Participation (2/25/2003 1:22:51 PM)

Sorry. Didn't realise which Saturday you guys were refering to. So thank you for leting me participate.

As for my second country, I would like it to be the US. If I have to choose a second axis country, then please put me down for the Italians.

What do I/Ironfist need to do?

Aussem.

red -> (2/25/2003 7:10:21 PM)

If Ironfist hasn't started his game with Gary Tatro then its

vs
Aussem (Matrix Recruit):US/Germany

the players pick each other's country for round 1 after that you alternate.

aussem -> Contact (2/26/2003 12:18:10 PM)

OK. I give up. How do I contact Ironfist?

red -> (2/26/2003 12:31:36 PM)

I sent him an email, lets wait a bit.

Ironfist -> Who ? (2/26/2003 1:51:15 PM)

Who am I goining to play ???? I just sent Gary the game files today. Is Aussem the correct first round ?

aussem -> (2/26/2003 6:42:15 PM)

Yes. I think so.

Is it bad form for me to just give you my email address?

red -> (2/26/2003 8:24:11 PM)

Ironfist, sorry for the confusion, aussem signed up while you were setting up with Gary. Aussem is your match.

vs
Aussem (Matrix Recruit):US/Germany

BORO -> Disappointment (2/28/2003 3:20:50 AM)

:(Just got a chance to catch up on the forum and found out that I missed the Saturday cut off for this years challange. I understand cutoffs but if there is someone that signed up that had to drop out and you need a replacement I'd be willing to step in. US/Germany countries of choice. Victim of the old saying "snooze and you lose" :(

red -> (2/28/2003 3:47:53 AM)

BORO, for the love of the game, you can play, we are still going through the first round so if you find somebody else to play with you, go ahead. It can even be another player already playing in WC with only exception being they will not receive any credit for the game.

dodger -> (2/28/2003 10:53:40 PM)

Hey Red, a question:

My opponent is dissappointed in the battle setup I suggested. Meaning that I said that I'd prefer to fight in the winter if he wants to play Germans (I remember rule was that opponent chooses your country in round 1, but I thought that making him play his other choice, US, in '41 would be totally unfair) with me playing Finns.
(see http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=375023#post375023).

Since the battle's just about over, it's too late to replay, but in the interest of fairness, I would like to give him a chance at a mirror game. And I'd like to know if that's possible within the WC2003 structure. That would mean that he'd play with Finland, which is not one of his choices, but it would be OK by me. I'm just thinking is the cup supposed to be same opponents playing 2-3 matches, with best out of three. Or one player playing 3 others, trying to rack up 2 wins?

-Jani

red -> (2/28/2003 11:12:39 PM)

During Round 1,2 and 3 a player has to play different players and alternate his countries of choice. Part of the game is that we don't get to pick most favorable setup. BTW, I'm fighting as Germans vs US in 1941 and l'm losing granted I'm not an expert in German OOB but it goes to show that anything is possible.

dodger -> (3/1/2003 1:43:40 AM)

Roge-o.

Have you got opponents for round two sorted yet?

It may be a bit premature for this, but is there going to be any advantage if you get 3 wins compared to 2? Or if you win your first two games, is the third one just for guts and glory?

-Jani

red -> (3/1/2003 2:07:12 AM)

No, we are still going through round 1. There's no advantage for winning 3 games it was set up like that to give a clear indication of who advances to round 4.

BORO -> Thanks (3/1/2003 7:02:51 AM)

red

thanks for the generous offer to get in late.

Anyone out there looking for an opponent?

Boro :D

red -> (3/1/2003 7:13:07 AM)

BORO, if nobody answers your call, I'll play you.

Birdgunner -> I'd like to play too! (3/1/2003 7:19:32 AM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by BORO
[B]red

thanks for the generous offer to get in late.

Anyone out there looking for an opponent?

Boro :D [/B][/QUOTE]

BORO, I too was late in getting into the action. I'll play against you if Red will have me:D

So what do you say Red? Can I get in too?

Send me a PM guys and let me know!

Birdgunner!

red -> (3/1/2003 7:41:36 AM)

Good, then it's BORO vs Birdgunner. Gentlemen, pick your countries! (and start your engines)

Birdgunner -> Awesome! (3/1/2003 8:17:54 AM)

I'll take Canada/Russia as my 2 countries of choice.

OK BORO, prepare for battle :mad:

Birdgunner!

UBIQUE!

BORO -> Great! (3/1/2003 8:38:04 AM)

Birdgunner
I will send you a e-mail from my home tonight. As I understand the rules you get to pick the countries we will fight as. I have some maps that are set up to favor neither side, I'll send one to you to look at. I looked on page 5 of this topic to find the rules I think we are to abide by. Will be in touch.
Boro:D

red -> Match up update (3/1/2003 9:26:52 AM)

BORO(Matrix Recruit):US/Germany
vs
Birdgunner(Matrix Recruit):Germany/USSR

Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI